Why I support my county funding water stations in the desert for illegals.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
Illegal immigration is a mess on so many levels. Our border is in complete chaos, Mexico's Southern Border may as well be rabbit fence. But when it comes to those poor ignorant people wandering in the deserts, no one deserves to die of thirst. That has happened so many times and it is a hideous, torturous death. I don't want them crossing illegally into the country, I want the wall, I want beefed up border patrol, ICE, drones, the whole 9 yards. But man, if you heard the accounts that I've heard, and seen pictures of the bodies you might have a different opinion.
Pima County votes 3-2 to continue funding water stations along border

Illegal immigration is a mess on so many levels. Our border is in complete chaos, Mexico's Southern Border may as well be rabbit fence. But when it comes to those poor ignorant people wandering in the deserts, no one deserves to die of thirst. That has happened so many times and it is a hideous, torturous death. I don't want them crossing illegally into the country, I want the wall, I want beefed up border patrol, ICE, drones, the whole 9 yards. But man, if you heard the accounts that I've heard, and seen pictures of the bodies you might have a different opinion.
Then again... I might not. Show us the pictures, and link these accounts; and we’ll see.

On one hand I agree. No one wants to read about or witness firsthand the deaths of women and children . . . any women and children. But on the other hand, life sure is one tough, relentless, unfair sonofabitch. Currently our civilization is engaged in the bloodiest ideological conflict since its inception between the warring ideas of personal responsibility and justification for bad choices. Following that reality, those people who left behind their familiar, mundane lives in the nations of their birth to make extremely dangerous journeys to America must face the consequences of their actions regardless of how lethal they might prove to be. Sure, why not set up some water stations in the desert, right? I mean, who's it gonna hurt in the long run. But here's the rub. What about using funds from those stations to get a few homeless American Citizens off the streets of LA or some other urban hell? Get them off the street and into clean, safe housing. Sure, homeless Americans must also take responsibility for their own bad life choices, but for my money I'd rather see American Citizens "saved" before a pack of thirsty Salvadorians or whatever.

That an immigrant might undocumented doesn’t mean he’s ‘illegal.’

Immigration law accommodates migrants seeking asylum to enter the country absent authorization pursuant to an application for refugee status.

Ensuring refugees seeking asylum have access to water is perfectly appropriate and warranted, both on humanitarian grounds and consistent immigration law, where those undocumented have the right to due process and are presumed innocent until found guilty in an immigration court of entering the country illegally.

Immigration law accommodates migrants seeking asylum to enter the country absent authorization pursuant to an application for refugee status.

Ensuring refugees seeking asylum have access to water is perfectly appropriate and warranted, both on humanitarian grounds and consistent immigration law, where those undocumented have the right to due process and are presumed innocent until found guilty in an immigration court of entering the country illegally.

If they aren’t illegal then why do they get detained by federal authorities?

Giving them due process doesn’t mean they didn’t break the law. They are illegal aliens, period.

On one hand I agree. No one wants to read about or witness firsthand the deaths of women and children . . . any women and children. But on the other hand, life sure is one tough, relentless, unfair sonofabitch. Currently our civilization is engaged in the bloodiest ideological conflict since its inception between the warring ideas of personal responsibility and justification for bad choices. Following that reality, those people who left behind their familiar, mundane lives in the nations of their birth to make extremely dangerous journeys to America must face the consequences of their actions regardless of how lethal they might prove to be. Sure, why not set up some water stations in the desert, right? I mean, who's it gonna hurt in the long run. But here's the rub. What about using funds from those stations to get a few homeless American Citizens off the streets of LA or some other urban hell? Get them off the street and into clean, safe housing. Sure, homeless Americans must also take responsibility for their own bad life choices, but for my money I'd rather see American Citizens "saved" before a pack of thirsty Salvadorians or whatever.
Or better yet, stop putting them there as lures to the desperate to give a dangerous trip a go.

The claims of asylum are fraudulent. They are criminals.

Agreed. If they were seeking refuge, they would have claimed asylum at the very first country they came to.

Destroy the water stations. Open the border to bounty hunting. Tax remittances at 25% close the entire border region to commerce. Tell those here to leave. They will not be sheltered, fed, clothed or medicated. Those that help them will get lengthy prison sentences.

In 24 hours they will start clearing out.

You are a terrible person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot fathom any person being in favor of denying a human being water in the desert. This is disgusting beyond words. Do not speak to me of a Supreme Being, sometimes known as "gawd." With all of this talk about "Christianity" and "Christians," get out there and care for these people so they don't die and can live in decent surroundings, with their children.

If they weren't trying to get into our country illegally they wouldn't need water stations. I couldn't care less if they all die of thirst.

They need to stay in their own country. We already have 20 million illegals here that cost us billions every year.

Giving aid and comfort to foreign invaders, especially at the point of making it easier and safer for them to carry out this invasion, is treason. Treason is a capital crime, punishable by death.

If these invaders don't want to die, then they should stay the f••• out of our country.

100% correct. We can’t have open borders but we can have open hearts.

Can you imagine how much hate the kids of conservatives consume daily from their parents? If you don’t want to give a thirsty person water…what type of monster are you?

Forum List

Back