Why is American culture so prevalent in other countries?

Teddy Pollins

Feb 26, 2015
America produces and exports a tremendous amount of media -- books, movies, television, and the like. Which really isn't surprising, given that America is the largest English-speaking country (India and China have us beat in terms of numbers), so it's a huge market.
But I do not understand why do people around the world accept this ideology?
Is it worthy to be adopted?
Personally I would rather disagree...

I do not believe in the existence of unique American culture...
Not to say it isn't true, but a lot of the things you might think of as American culture are actually Western culture, and so aren't really exports at all.
What are you thinking of in particular?

Not to say it isn't true, but a lot of the things you might think of as American culture are actually Western culture, and so aren't really exports at all.
Why don't you believe in the existence of unique American culture?

We are masters of Marketing.

And personally, I'm aghast that any foreign nation would accept and adopt anything American.

Can you imagine the carnage that Obama wants to inflict on Cuba?

The United States of America is the greatest country that's ever existed. That's why.
In spite of all the liberal assholes...
ROTFL110x85.gif

Because we don't have so. I would call it a successful mix of many other cultures.
The value of such mix is quite questionable...
But it's world-scale impact is really great. What is you point of view?

The United States of America is the greatest country that's ever existed. That's why.
ROTFL110x85.gif
^ "In spite of all the liberal assholes," he typed, on a machine created by liberals and using technology created by liberals. While living in a country created by liberals.

Because we don't have so. I would call it a successful mix of many other cultures.
Every country in the "west" is a mix of many cultures. So I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

ROTFL110x85.gif
^ "In spite of all the liberal assholes," he typed, on a machine created by liberals and using technology created by liberals. While living in a country created by liberals.
Can you possibly get any more full of shit before you explode?
Hey what operating system are you running? What brand of computer are you using? What country do you live in?

Every country in the "west" is a mix of many cultures. So I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.
Is it only your personal opinion? I am speaking about the real value of this impact.
Things like the export of shit fast food chains is ridiculous. No one in India or Iraq really needs a McDonalds or a Subway.

Is it only your personal opinion? I am speaking about the real value of this impact.
Things like the export of shit fast food chains is ridiculous. No one in India or Iraq really needs a McDonalds or a Subway.
Funny thing about India and Iraq... ...a LOT of people go hungry! If they had a McDonald's or a Subway... maybe they wouldn't be!

Funny thing about India and Iraq... ...a LOT of people go hungry! If they had a McDonald's or a Subway... maybe they wouldn't be!

There are over 250 McDonald's in India.

There are over 250 McDonald's in India.
Progress!

Forum List

Back