Debate Now Why Is Being "Politically Correct" A Bad Thing To Some People?

it's a dumb strawman... now let's see that real life example.. chop chop.

please demonstrate 'lives destroyed' as many have laughably claimed...

"All black people are thugs"

That is not Politically Incorrect. That is racist.

A better example would be to call a Black Thug a BLack Thug.

The term "black thug" is POlitically Incorrect, regardless of whether it is true or not.

Using the term itself, or even the idea is taboo.
It is both politically incorrect and racist.

And your black thug is kind of racist as well as it implies that someone is a thug because he or she is black.

But there is the actual problem with slinging around the term PC police. It shuts down logical discussion.

Any kind of angry and personal insults (real or perceived) shuts down productive discussion.

NOt necessarily. There is no reason that productive discussion can't be heated and still contain valid points and counter points, along side of personal insults.

With Political Correctness though, the topic is ALWAYS shitcanned, while the offendee goes on the offensive against the alleged "offender".
"All black people are thugs"

That is not Politically Incorrect. That is racist.

A better example would be to call a Black Thug a BLack Thug.

The term "black thug" is POlitically Incorrect, regardless of whether it is true or not.

Using the term itself, or even the idea is taboo.
It is both politically incorrect and racist.

And your black thug is kind of racist as well as it implies that someone is a thug because he or she is black.

But there is the actual problem with slinging around the term PC police. It shuts down logical discussion.

Any kind of angry and personal insults (real or perceived) shuts down productive discussion.

NOt necessarily. There is no reason that productive discussion can't be heated and still contain valid points and counter points, along side of personal insults.

With Political Correctness though, the topic is ALWAYS shitcanned, while the offendee goes on the offensive against the alleged "offender".
The inherent reason is that no one is listening when discussion is heated. Everyone is talking at each other and over each other instead of with each other. If talking was like chess then people would have time to think before responding. Unfortunately that breaks most of the protocols of conversing.
Whatcha mean? I'm thinking while the other person's talking!

tnharley is the only one who answered earlier with one example...the cake bakers.

as if anti discrimination laws are instruments of the invisible "PC" police. :rolleyes:

I just don't think it's possible to be "PC" at all times by definition.
It's too subject to opinion.
This is true, but politicians, lawyers and broadcasters have all taken similar courses on how to formulate politically correct statements. As a result, it's treated fairly scientifically and people in these groups revel in pointing out when someone who should be 'messaging' is just talking or telling it like it is.

And you NAZI fuckheads delete a response on how political correctness led to the San Bernardino terrorist attack in response to a question about why political correctness is bad.

Fuck you.

that's just another shameless lie spread by dishonest partisans...

blame the PC, what a joke..but of course you guys eat that shit right up. :thup:

you'd have police go barge in on citizens just because a neighbor has nebulous "suspicions"???

we're all getting packages and having gatherings with friends all the time so wtf do you expect exactly?

some neighbor says they didn't report suspicions cuz they FELT like they would be "labeled"...?

labeled by whom exactly? :lol:

Investigators looking into the San Bernardino shooting have discovered that at least one neighbor of the shooters was suspicious of the activities of the house. The neighbor described the events prior to the shooting that included an unusually large amount of packages being delivered to the home of Syed Farook as well as a half-dozen Middle Eastern men who were congregating at the residence.

Do The PC Police Have Blood On Their Hands?? Suspicious Neighbor Of San Bernardino Shooter Didn't Say Anything Due To Fear Of Being Labeled Islamophobic Or Racist -

please demonstrate 'lives destroyed' as many have laughably claimed...
This is not a really complete challenge.

I think our military deployments are engineered for how they'll be perceived. This often results in half-assed use of the military and the maiming/killing of US troops to a greater extent than full-hearted action or honestly saying "we don't care". See Blackhawk Down

it's a dumb strawman... now let's see that real life example.. chop chop.

FUnny, it didn't occur to you it was a strawman the first 9 times your responded to it.

It is a important part of our political landscape.

THe assumption by a large percentage of the population that the resistant to Obama by conservatives is driven primarily by race, this despite the historical evidence of extremely similar resistant to Bill Clinton, by conservatives while he was President.

Your response was textbook Political Correctness as describe by Mac and Myself.

ANd now you have the nerve to demand I address your points, while you ignore mine and insult me constantly?

tnharley is the only one who answered earlier with one example...the cake bakers.

as if anti discrimination laws are instruments of the invisible "PC" police. :rolleyes:

I provide a fine example of Political Correctness.

Such a good example that you used Political Correctness to run and hide so that you would not have to address it.

are you actually denying all the racist things that have been said about obama?

are you actually denying all the racist things that have been said about obama?

This is what I said.

It has been constantly claimed that the reasons Conservatives hate Obama is because he is black.

I have constantly pointed out that we were just as anti-Clinton as we are Anti-Obama.

This is dismissed, and the charge of being racist for being Anti-Obama is constantly remade.

are you also denying all the misogynist things that have been said about hillary?

are you denying that vile things are said, or just excusing vile things..?

are you also going to deny all the misogynist things that have been said about hillary?

And you still refuse to address my point.

You spent quite a bit of time implying that I was racist, and that conservatives as a whole are racist, but you never addressed what I said in any serious or honest way.

are you denying that vile things are said, or just excusing vile things..?

And as I stated, the "offendee" will refuse to address the topic in favor of their new topic, ie what a bad person I am.

This is the type of debate that is impossible for me to win. For, no matter what I say, the "offendee" will dismiss it and simply repeat the charges.

As you have been doing.

Sometimes with minor deflections inbetween to provide a thin smokescreen.

Valeria, what type of person thinks this is acceptable behavior?

which is it?

A nice vague question.

I could what you are referring to, and I think that is what you meant to happen.

But the important part is that you are NOT addressing my point about the

It has been constantly claimed that the reasons Conservatives hate Obama is because he is black.

I have constantly pointed out that we were just as anti-Clinton as we are Anti-Obama.

This is dismissed, and the charge of being racist for being Anti-Obama is constantly remade.

And you NAZI fuckheads delete a response on how political correctness led to the San Bernardino terrorist attack in response to a question about why political correctness is bad.

Fuck you.

that's just another shameless lie spread by dishonest partisans...

blame the PC, what a joke..but of course you guys eat that shit right up. :thup:

you'd have police go barge in on citizens just because a neighbor has nebulous "suspicions"???

we're all getting packages and having gatherings with friends all the time so wtf do you expect exactly?

some neighbor says they didn't report suspicions cuz they FELT like they would be "labeled"...?

labeled by whom exactly? :lol:

Investigators looking into the San Bernardino shooting have discovered that at least one neighbor of the shooters was suspicious of the activities of the house. The neighbor described the events prior to the shooting that included an unusually large amount of packages being delivered to the home of Syed Farook as well as a half-dozen Middle Eastern men who were congregating at the residence.

Do The PC Police Have Blood On Their Hands?? Suspicious Neighbor Of San Bernardino Shooter Didn't Say Anything Due To Fear Of Being Labeled Islamophobic Or Racist -
IF someone was afraid to something because of the imaginary PC police then they have the blood of 14 innocent Americans on their hands. Disgraceful bullshit.

Forum List

Back