Debate Now Why Is Being "Politically Correct" A Bad Thing To Some People?

The dictionary. If you look up the difference between and opinion and a fact you will see your opinion requires no proof.

And neither does yours
Thats correct. My opinion is not fact just like the claim that people are using PC to avoid debate.
The PC tactic of calling someone racist, intolerant or bigoted when that person says something to offend the tender sensibilities of the PC crowd is avoidance of the discussion

calling something a "PC tactic" is just a way of excusing bigotry and thinking no one should call you on it.

You assume that everything that offends the PC crowd is indeed bigotry

I assume that people treating each other decently is only an issue if one is a bigot or a whining child with no self-control

are you actually denying all the racist things that have been said about obama?

This is what I said.

It has been constantly claimed that the reasons Conservatives hate Obama is because he is black.

I have constantly pointed out that we were just as anti-Clinton as we are Anti-Obama.

This is dismissed, and the charge of being racist for being Anti-Obama is constantly remade.
Many conservatives hate Obama because he is black. It's evident all over this forum. So it is ONE of the reasons, though not the only one.

That's a problem conservatives need to deal with and has nothing to do with the imaginary PC police.

THis is demonstrated to be false by the similar resistance shown to President Bill Clinton.

Bill, you might recall is white. Yet, that cut him no slack from his Ideological and Partisan Enemies, the Conservatives.
How does that change that many cons that post here hate Obama because he is black?

My post.

"It has been constantly claimed that the reasons Conservatives hate Obama is because he is black.

I have constantly pointed out that we were just as anti-Clinton as we are Anti-Obama.

This is dismissed, and the charge of being racist for being Anti-Obama is constantly remade."

Why are you unable to address what I said?

vile things were said, and continue to be said, about obama and others...

to some people, vile rhetoric is excusable cuz PC!

And you avoid dealing with my point, by setting up a strawman and implying that I am vile.

And you still refuse to address my point.

boo!

boogeyman

Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
boog·ey·man
or boog·ie·man or boog·y·man or bo·gey·man (bo͝og′ē-măn′, bo͞o′gē-, bō′gē-)
n.
A terrifying specter; a hobgoblin.
bo•gey•man
(ˈbʊg iˌmæn, ˈboʊ gi-, ˈbu-)
also boogeyman

n., pl. -men. an imaginary evil character of supernatural powers

No imagination on my part here. YOu have been avoiding my simple and true point, while discussing your new topic, ie what a bad person I am.

And neither does yours
Thats correct. My opinion is not fact just like the claim that people are using PC to avoid debate.
The PC tactic of calling someone racist, intolerant or bigoted when that person says something to offend the tender sensibilities of the PC crowd is avoidance of the discussion

calling something a "PC tactic" is just a way of excusing bigotry and thinking no one should call you on it.

I assume that people treating each other decently is only an issue if one is a bigot or a whining child with no self-control

Valeria has demonstrated perfectly that that is not what PC is about.

It is about using purposeful hypersensitivity to target the other person and to control the conversation.

Valeria has demonstrated perfectly that that is not what PC is about.

It is about using purposeful hypersensitivity to target the other person and to control the conversation.
They will not admit it, and they will not even acknowledge the existence of the long list of examples I provided of honest liberals.

They insult, they'll name-call, they'll deny, but they won't admit that they are illiberal and committed to PC.

And neither does yours

Do not confuse politeness with political correctness one has nothing to do with the other

Do not confuse politeness with political correctness one has nothing to do with the other
Yep, look at USMB: Most of the people who complain about "politeness" are nasty as hell themselves.

They make the rules, of course, so they're allowed.

:rolleyes-41:

are you actually denying all the racist things that have been said about obama?

This is what I said.

It has been constantly claimed that the reasons Conservatives hate Obama is because he is black.

This is dismissed, and the charge of being racist for being Anti-Obama is constantly remade.
Many conservatives hate Obama because he is black. It's evident all over this forum. So it is ONE of the reasons, though not the only one.

That's a problem conservatives need to deal with and has nothing to do with the imaginary PC police.

THis is demonstrated to be false by the similar resistance shown to President Bill Clinton.

Bill, you might recall is white. Yet, that cut him no slack from his Ideological and Partisan Enemies, the Conservatives.
How does that change that many cons that post here hate Obama because he is black?

My post.

"It has been constantly claimed that the reasons Conservatives hate Obama is because he is black.

This is dismissed, and the charge of being racist for being Anti-Obama is constantly remade."

No one made criticisms of Clinton based on his skin color.

This is what I said.

My post.

But you people think every criticism of Obama is because of his skin color

A perfect example of PC that.

Person 1 : Obama is screwing up
PC Person: You're just a no good racist and member of the KKK

My post.

You're doing the same stupid thing Mac is doing. You are simply making things up.

My post.

You're doing the same stupid thing Mac is doing. You are simply making things up.

So you're denying that Obama critics have been called racist simply for being Obama critics?

My post.

So you're denying that Obama critics have been called racist simply for being Obama critics?
Yes. They are either known to be racially disparaging or they include racial disparagement in their criticism.

My post.

Yes. They are either known to be racially disparaging or they include racial disparagement in their criticism.
Bull shit

Ol' Tingly leg Chrissy MAtthews called anyone wanting to repeal Obamacare racist because why else would anyone want to get rid of it?

“Politically Incorrect” is the Politically Correct Term for Being Offensive

“anchor babies,” which is rapidly becoming the term of choice for Republican presidential candidates for the phantom menace of poor Mexican women heaving their pregnant bodies over the Rio Grande to give their children citizenship rights which will then be used to give the whole family legal status.

Turns out the term, which was originally used in an entirely different context and wildly less pejorative sense for Vietnamese refugees, wasn’t used in the current manner until very recently.

And there’s a good reason for that: it’s largely a myth that reflects all sorts of conservative stereotypes based on the pervasive fear that a whole colorful world is besieging White America.

But what is perhaps more troubling than the use of this term by presumably responsible grown-up men and women running for president is the way they are reacting to complaints about it: with snarling pride.

Forum List

Back