Debate Now Why Is Being "Politically Correct" A Bad Thing To Some People?

“Are you aware that the term ‘anchor baby’ — that’s an offensive term. People find that hurtful,” Llamas said to Trump.

“You mean it’s not politically correct and yet everybody uses it?” Trump responded, adding that he would continue to use the term.

In this Trump is following the lead of Dr. Ben Carson, whose campaign is basically a comprehensive attack on everything “politically correct,” including dumb elitist inhibitions on torturing people. As I observed back in February:

If you are new to Carson’s act, you may not realize his whole shtick is a crusade against “political correctness,” a term he uses constantly and eccentrically to turn, well, basically, any disagreement with his faith in various right-wing conspiracy theories into instruments of totalitarian repression. Do you mock the Benghazi! or IRS “scandals?” Then by definition you are using “political correctness” to curb the free-speech rights of the real Americans who know threats to their freedom when they see them, without all that fancy-dan Ivy League stuff about evidence.

No, it doesn’t make much sense, but it seems to work well with Carson’s core audience. His inflated idea of “PC” takes the raw Palinesque hostility to “elite” attitudes and raises it to the level of a hermeneutical principle.

And so I guess it’s not surprising that he’d regard the idea of “rules for war” as another pointy-heady imposition on the healthy kill-em-all-and-let-God-sort-em-out instincts of the citizenry.

The proudly defiant use of “anchor babies” by Trump, Bobby Jindal (who also scoffed at the “political correctness” of those who don’t like the term), and most ominously, even Jeb Bush, is a sign that the Carson virus is really spreading.

Opposing “political correctness” has become a carte blanche excuse for being deliberate offensive, abusive, or even bigoted; it’s precisely the kind of unreasoning categorical “framing” that critics of “political correctness” complain about. Any day now, I expect to hear a spouse-beater whine that he’s being persecuted for not being politically correct. We’ll be lucky if “anchor babies” is the worst expression this strange attitude is used to defend.

“Politically Incorrect” is the Politically Correct Term for Being Offensive

John Hawkins - 15 Moronic Things Liberals Call Racism Since Obama Was Elected

Links included in the article

Oh and let's not forget that Star Wars is racist because Darth Vader was a bad guy voiced by a black man
There are so many examples of silly PC, thousands, that anyone who denies it is simply a liar.

And if those who ask for examples had even ONE OUNCE of sincere curiosity, HALF an ounce, would simply Google "political correctness examples" they would have more material that they could ever get through.

These people are liars.

This is what I said.
Many conservatives hate Obama because he is black. It's evident all over this forum. So it is ONE of the reasons, though not the only one.

That's a problem conservatives need to deal with and has nothing to do with the imaginary PC police.

THis is demonstrated to be false by the similar resistance shown to President Bill Clinton.

Bill, you might recall is white. Yet, that cut him no slack from his Ideological and Partisan Enemies, the Conservatives.
How does that change that many cons that post here hate Obama because he is black?

My post.

"It has been constantly claimed that the reasons Conservatives hate Obama is because he is black.

I have constantly pointed out that we were just as anti-Clinton as we are Anti-Obama.

This is dismissed, and the charge of being racist for being Anti-Obama is constantly remade."

Why are you unable to address what I said?
No one made criticisms of Clinton based on his skin color.

My example, which we have been discussing for some time now, was that "conservatives hate Obama because he is black".

My point in comparing that to the "hate" that conservatives had for Clinton is to demonstrate that the problem conservatives have with Obama is Ideological and Partisan.

you excuse vile things while crying PC.

And you ignore my point and call me vile.

is it shameless dishonesty or just lack of comprehension? i'm guessing both. :lol:

Playing semantics is just another dodge and of no interest to me.

YOu might tell yourself that you did not call me vile.

I have no interest in your internal rationalizations for your behavior.

Are you willing to admit that the reason that conservatives treat/ed Bill Clinton and Barak Obama the same is because they were/are Democratic Presidents?

Or are you sticking with the Race argument, even though it does not explain the similar treatment both received?

“Are you aware that the term ‘anchor baby’ — that’s an offensive term. People find that hurtful,” Llamas said to Trump.

“You mean it’s not politically correct and yet everybody uses it?” Trump responded, adding that he would continue to use the term.

In this Trump is following the lead of Dr. Ben Carson, whose campaign is basically a comprehensive attack on everything “politically correct,” including dumb elitist inhibitions on torturing people. As I observed back in February:

If you are new to Carson’s act, you may not realize his whole shtick is a crusade against “political correctness,” a term he uses constantly and eccentrically to turn, well, basically, any disagreement with his faith in various right-wing conspiracy theories into instruments of totalitarian repression. Do you mock the Benghazi! or IRS “scandals?” Then by definition you are using “political correctness” to curb the free-speech rights of the real Americans who know threats to their freedom when they see them, without all that fancy-dan Ivy League stuff about evidence.

No, it doesn’t make much sense, but it seems to work well with Carson’s core audience. His inflated idea of “PC” takes the raw Palinesque hostility to “elite” attitudes and raises it to the level of a hermeneutical principle.

And so I guess it’s not surprising that he’d regard the idea of “rules for war” as another pointy-heady imposition on the healthy kill-em-all-and-let-God-sort-em-out instincts of the citizenry.

The proudly defiant use of “anchor babies” by Trump, Bobby Jindal (who also scoffed at the “political correctness” of those who don’t like the term), and most ominously, even Jeb Bush, is a sign that the Carson virus is really spreading.

Opposing “political correctness” has become a carte blanche excuse for being deliberate offensive, abusive, or even bigoted; it’s precisely the kind of unreasoning categorical “framing” that critics of “political correctness” complain about. Any day now, I expect to hear a spouse-beater whine that he’s being persecuted for not being politically correct. We’ll be lucky if “anchor babies” is the worst expression this strange attitude is used to defend.

“Politically Incorrect” is the Politically Correct Term for Being Offensive

Anchor baby is only "offensive" because you libs want to deny that that tactic occurs and want to prevent honest discussion of it.

your supposed point has already been addressed, repeatedly...

At no point have you addressed why Bill Clinton and Obama received nearly identical resistance or "hate" despite not sharing the supposed "reason" for Obama's "hate".

You dodged, deflected, mis-characterized, smeared, insulted and lied, but you have not actually addressed my point.

Nothing I have done has been able to get you or your little friends to address the actual topic.

You prefer to discuss what a bad person I am.

This completely validates my use of this as an EXAMPLE of political correctness.

But you people think every criticism of Obama is because of his skin color

A perfect example of PC that.

Person 1 : Obama is screwing up
PC Person: You're just a no good racist and member of the KKK
You're doing the same stupid thing Mac is doing. You are simply making things up.

So you're denying that Obama critics have been called racist simply for being Obama critics?
Yes. They are either known to be racially disparaging or they include racial disparagement in their criticism.
Bull shit

Ol' Tingly leg Chrissy MAtthews called anyone wanting to repeal Obamacare racist because why else would anyone want to get rid of it?
How about a link?

Many conservatives hate Obama because he is black. It's evident all over this forum. So it is ONE of the reasons, though not the only one.

That's a problem conservatives need to deal with and has nothing to do with the imaginary PC police.

THis is demonstrated to be false by the similar resistance shown to President Bill Clinton.

Bill, you might recall is white. Yet, that cut him no slack from his Ideological and Partisan Enemies, the Conservatives.
How does that change that many cons that post here hate Obama because he is black?

My post.

"It has been constantly claimed that the reasons Conservatives hate Obama is because he is black.

I have constantly pointed out that we were just as anti-Clinton as we are Anti-Obama.

This is dismissed, and the charge of being racist for being Anti-Obama is constantly remade."

My example, which we have been discussing for some time now, was that "conservatives hate Obama because he is black".

My point in comparing that to the "hate" that conservatives had for Clinton is to demonstrate that the problem conservatives have with Obama is Ideological and Partisan.

Already did. You simply didn't like the answer.

My post.

Already did. You simply didn't like the answer.

So, then it should be easy to repeat this wonderfully on topic explanation that I somehow missed the first time.

Except you won't.

I have to distinguish between the kind [of political correctness] that runs afoul of good common sense and the kind that sets the stage for common decency.

An appreciation for political correctness

The idea that PC "sets the stage for common decency" is part of the lie that is Political Correctness.

Mac defined it perfectly.

My example led you to demonstrate it perfectly.

I said nothing hateful, but you repeatedly smeared me and insulted me while avoiding my point like it was the plague.

Your refusal to admit what is plain to see does not fool anyone, it just maintains the Big Lie so that tactic can be used by Lefties in the Future.

answering your lame strawman yet AGAIN...while.typing.very.slowly...........

your logic fails repeatedly, correll... "just as anti-Clinton as we are Anti-Obama."

so what? vile things have been said about each of them... ^

are you denying that vile things are said, or just excusing vile things..?

it's one or the other, here...

But you people think every criticism of Obama is because of his skin color

A perfect example of PC that.

Person 1 : Obama is screwing up
PC Person: You're just a no good racist and member of the KKK
You're doing the same stupid thing Mac is doing. You are simply making things up.

So you're denying that Obama critics have been called racist simply for being Obama critics?
Yes. They are either known to be racially disparaging or they include racial disparagement in their criticism.
Bull shit

Ol' Tingly leg Chrissy MAtthews called anyone wanting to repeal Obamacare racist because why else would anyone want to get rid of it?
How about a link?
The Top 20 Worst Chris Matthews Quotes Calling Obama Critics Racist

“What are the Tea Partiers really angry about? Health care reform, or the fact that it was an African American President and a woman Speaker of the House who pushed through major change?”
— MSNBC’s Chris Matthews at the top of Hardball, March 29, 2010. - See more at: The Top 20 Worst Chris Matthews Quotes Calling Obama Critics Racist

just because some partisans may use"racist" or "bigot" as some sort of blind bludgeoning tool, a tool that i have been on the receiving end of, does not mean that saying racist or bigoted things is excusable rhetoric... and it most certainly is not effective leadership.

Are you aware that the term ‘anchor baby’ — that’s an offensive term. People find that hurtful,” Llamas said to Trump.

Last edited:

Bull shit

How about a link?
The Top 20 Worst Chris Matthews Quotes Calling Obama Critics Racist

“What are the Tea Partiers really angry about? Health care reform, or the fact that it was an African American President and a woman Speaker of the House who pushed through major change?”
— MSNBC’s Chris Matthews at the top of Hardball, March 29, 2010. - See more at: The Top 20 Worst Chris Matthews Quotes Calling Obama Critics Racist
Ol' Chris just loves playing the race card...

Definitely a deputy in the PC Police, at least.

:rolleyes-41:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back