Debate Now Why Is Being "Politically Correct" A Bad Thing To Some People?

It has been constantly claimed that the reasons Conservatives hate Obama is because he is black.

I have constantly pointed out that we were just as anti-Clinton as we are Anti-Obama.

This is dismissed, and the charge of being racist for being Anti-Obama is constantly remade.

YOur denial of this tactic is not credible.

your denial that ugly racists haven't said incredibly ugly racists things is not credible. :thup:

Last edited:
mac is the creep who resents that he can't say merry Christmas at the office holiday party...

no one ever said what he can or can not say, mind you, it's just this feeling that he gets...

half the room isn't even Christian but he bellows Merry Christmas anyway...

you know, just to show them that he's a man ahead of his time and all...

then when everyone ends up thinking he's just an ignorant jackass, he blames the boogeyman.

It has been constantly claimed that the reasons Conservatives hate Obama is because he is black.

I have constantly pointed out that we were just as anti-Clinton as we are Anti-Obama.

This is dismissed, and the charge of being racist for being Anti-Obama is constantly remade.

YOur denial of this tactic is not credible.

your denial that ugly racists don't say ugly racists things is not credible. :thup:

You did not address my point that conservatives were just as ANti-clinton as we are anti-obama.

YOu did restate the accusation of racism.

And imply that conservatives are ugly racists.

Do you realize you just demonstrated my point?

racists say racists things and that's okay with you.. deflection and obfuscation is cool with you.

mac is the creep who resents that he can't say merry Christmas at the office holiday party...

no one ever said what he can or can not say, mind you, it's just this feeling that he gets...

then when everyone ends up thinking he's just an ignorant jackass, he blames the boogeyman.
racists say racists things and that's okay with you.. deflection and obfuscation is cool with you.

And you still ignore my point about conservative having been just as anti-Clinton as we are anti-Obama

, and restate your accusation,

AND now up the ante with the implication that I personally am "cool" with racism.

You are still demonstrating my point.

LIke I said earlier in the thread.

Nothing I do is relevant at this point.

Valerie is employing PC and will ignore the topic in favor of accusing me of being a bad person.

Any denial on my part is ignored. Any counter information is ignored. THe old topic is ignored in favor of the new topic, ie what a bad person I am.

holding racists in check by highlighting and rejecting the hateful things they say, is SO offensive...

how hateful, my gawd someone ought to police the PC police, cuz that's just not right! :rolleyes:

hard to believe anyone actually adopts this ridiculous mindset but it sure makes a comfy shelter for angry bigots.

several people in this thread and on this topic in general, often claim that lives are being utterly DESTROYED by this nebulous "PC" and the evil liberals who supposedly spread it, which is another thing no one can ever come up with a good real life example of.

conflating issues is what they do because they are incapable of being honest about it...

And you still ignore my point about conservative having been just as anti-Clinton as we are anti-Obama

AND now up the ante with the implication that I personally am "cool" with racism.

Valerie is employing PC and will ignore the topic in favor of accusing me of being a bad person.

Any denial on my part is ignored. Any counter information is ignored. THe old topic is ignored in favor of the new topic, ie what a bad person I am.
Deny, deflect, pivot, attack.

It's how they roll, and it's why it's impossible to have a normal conversation with them.

the marginal candidates are reeeally counting on this PC smokescreen! good luck with that! :lol:

Ben Carson, running second in the national polls, is even more fond of the political-correctness allegation — so much so that it could be considered a central theme of his campaign. It is unclear whether he actually knows or cares what “political correctness” means. The phrase is just more verbal romaine to add to the word salad that is Carson’s discourse.

He used it when challenged on his stance that a Muslim should not be president, even though the Constitution explicitly states there can be no “religious test” for public office. “Political correctness is imposed by the secular progressives and those who wish to fundamentally change our society,” he said. “Therefore, they make things off-limits to talk about, but you know what? I’m going to talk about it anyway.”

In other words, he considers the framers of the Constitution a bunch of “secular progressives,” since they’re the ones who put a candidate’s faith off-limits.

Republicans are the ones hiding behind ‘political correctness’

holding racists in check by highlighting and rejecting the hateful things they say, is SO offensive...

how hateful, my gawd someone ought to police the PC police, cuz that's just not right! :rolleyes:

hard to believe anyone actually adopts this ridiculous mindset but it sure makes a comfy shelter for angry bigots.

I said nothing hateful.

I pointed out that conservatives are slammed for being racist for being Anti-Obama. Which is true.

I recalled how in that situation I often bring up the historical fact that we were just as anti-Clinton.

And that this fact is always ignored and the accusation of racism is just constantly repeated.

Earlier in the thread is was being argued by the left that the "Offender" is the guy at fault for saying something offensive.

You just said that too.

But your actions show that that is NOT what Political Correctness is about.

For I said nothing hateful.

My point that Conservatives being anti-Obama is not evidence of racism is what you want to avoid discussing, and nothing I can do at this point can force you to, for all you will do now is attack me personally.

This is what Political Correctness is.

There is nothing wrong with curbing your visceral language when in public.... it's always been a good thing to do such.

Why people today seem to think there is something WRONG with doing that...thinking before you speak.... is amazing to me.

It's how they roll, and it's why it's impossible to have a normal conversation with them.

Her actions prove my point. And continue to do so, and she just keeps going.

Incredible.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, asked about his view that the United States should accept no Syrian refugees, said we should not bow to “political correctness, the elites in Washington or the editorial pages of major newspapers.” Sen. Ted Cruz (Tex.), asked this summer whether he thought the term “anchor baby ” was offensive, told reporters “we need to stop this politically correct nonsense.” Former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee, after making a joke about transgender people that some found offensive, responded that “everybody wants to be politically correct, everybody wants to be loved by the media and loved by the left and loved by the elitists.”

And it’s not just GOP candidates who have the anti-political-correctness bug. Many conservative commentators have been quick to condemn the “politically correct” Princeton University students who demand that the school remove symbols honoring Woodrow Wilson — a onetime Princeton president — because of his racism.

These critics ignore the historical fact that Wilson was racist not just by today’s standards but by those of his time.

Her actions prove my point. And continue to do so, and she just keeps going.

Incredible.
Yep.

You get used to it.

There is nothing wrong with curbing your visceral language when in public.... it's always been a good thing to do such.

Why people today seem to think there is something WRONG with doing that...thinking before you speak.... is amazing to me.

My exchange with Valeria demonstrates that that is not what Political Correctness is about.

I used no visceral language and she whipped out the PC tactic and is sticking to it.

the marginal candidates are reeeally counting on this PC smokescreen! good luck with that! :lol:

Ben Carson, running second in the national polls, is even more fond of the political-correctness allegation — so much so that it could be considered a central theme of his campaign. It is unclear whether he actually knows or cares what “political correctness” means. The phrase is just more verbal romaine to add to the word salad that is Carson’s discourse.

He used it when challenged on his stance that a Muslim should not be president, even though the Constitution explicitly states there can be no “religious test” for public office. “Political correctness is imposed by the secular progressives and those who wish to fundamentally change our society,” he said. “Therefore, they make things off-limits to talk about, but you know what? I’m going to talk about it anyway.”

In other words, he considers the framers of the Constitution a bunch of “secular progressives,” since they’re the ones who put a candidate’s faith off-limits.

Republicans are the ones hiding behind ‘political correctness’

Still refusing to address my point about conservatives being anti-Clinton just like we are now anti-Obama?

come on, let's see an example of the vile things you excuse in order to demonize your political opponents.

let's see an example of a life DESTROYED by the PC police...

I would be happy to, as soon as you address my point about Conservatives being called racist for being anti-Obama, and my defense that we were anti-Clinton always being ignored.

The way you are still ignoring it.

come on, let's see an example of the vile things you excuse in order to demonize your political opponents.

And you continue to ignore my point in order to focus on your new topic, ie what a bad person I am.

Just like I said.

POlitical Correctness.

Forum List

Back