Why is Christianity more pronounced in the U.S. than the rest of Western society?

I suppose that both Europe and America are more Muslim-pronounced than Christian now. Why do we speak about whose Christianity is more obvious and natural when Islam conquests brains and emotions of people. We will compare whose Islam is more radical in future.

To be fair, you have to understand that ALL American students are testing in math and science every year, including the Special Ed students why almost every other industrialized nation only tests their college track students, around the top 30-50%.
Cite?

Notice the carefully chosen qualifer, "developed". Rather than out of all nations, the dipshit attempts to construct a frame which will indict the United States, revealing his bias.

He still loses. Canada has a higher rate of homicide than we do. As does Mexico.

Maybe there is something in the North American soil?
I can understand why you'd rather be compared to third world nations. Too, I understand why you don't back up your assertions with cites and links.

23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png
Canada 1.6

23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States 4.7

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Venezuela 53.7

No connection between Christianity, and what being a Christian means. None, whatsoever.
What is your point, that unless a religious adherent meets your standards they are not actually members of their purported religion?

Or that the US is not a religious country?

Or that the US is not a Christian country?

Or all of the above?

Countries are not a religion. A country is a political region. Only an individual can be religious.

And I would even argue that all people are religious. All of them are. Atheists are religious.

It's always fascinated to see so-called Atheists, when something terrible happens like 9/11 or Katrina, ask "How could G-d let that happen?" If there is no 'god' then why are you asking why bad things happen?

Atheists are highly devoted to a fundamental belief system. It's just a belief system of themselves. Which if you read the Bible, was the belief system of Lucifer. You can make the implication there.

So back to your original question, the answer is 'none of the above'.

None of your suggestions, is what I implied but you came close.

VegCard-Updates1.jpg

You see this? This is a membership card to the Toronto Vegetarian Association. (as you can read).

There are numerous vegan groups and societies that have membership cards, and many offer 10% discounts at vegan shops in their area. Granted I don't live in Toronto, but say I did and I sent in my membership, and paid my dues, and got my Vegan Membership card. I'm a vegan.

Of course, I just (a minute before writing this) wolfed down chicken curry with spicy sauce. But I'm a Vegan. I pay the Vegan society. I have a Vegan card. I'm a Vegan!

Am I really a vegan? No. What?? Are you suggesting that no one can be a Vegan unless they meet YOUR standards of what a Vegan is?

No, that would not be your suggestion would it. You would suggest that a vegan by definition of what Vegan means, implies that you don't eat meat, and I just had chicken, and yesterday a burger. Thus I am not a Vegan by the definition of the belief system itself... not your personal views.

Similarly... it's not "my standards" of what a Christian is. It is the standard that the Bible itself makes, which is the only thing Christian faith is based on. If you remove the Bible, then there is no Christianity.

The Bible defines what a Christian is. And if you don't follow what the Bible says, then you are not a Christian. Even Jesus..... CHRIST... said this.

Matthew 7:21

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?' But I will reply, 'I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God's laws.'​

In this passage, Jesus himself makes it extremely clear... you are not who you claim to be. I can call myself a Vegan until the end of time, and have all the Vegan membership cards that exist in the world.

None of that matters. I am not a vegan, if I don't follow the rules of being a vegan.

Jesus said, you are not a Christian because you preach in Christs name. You are not a Christian because you supposedly perform miracles.

You are a Christian if you follow the laws of the Bible.

And the fact is, very very few of the "christian" people in America, still follow the rules of the Bible. If they are shacking up, or sleeping with their boy friend / girl friend... then they are not following the Bible. That alone wipes out the vast vast majority of "western christians".

With the highest rate of homicides and imprisoned among developed nations?

The highest rate of homicides among developed nations shows you have an effective justice and prison system? Doesn't sound Kosher.

Nor does having the highest rate of imprisonment strike me as very Christian.

Huh? That's not even logical. Are you suggesting that Christians should let criminals free to rape murder and steal? Being christian means being unjust?

What the heck is your point there? That's bonkers talk.

Christianity appeared and the Middle East and spread in Europe profoundly.
Taking into consideration the severe years of inquisition I may suppose that Europe should be far more "Christian" than the USA...
Americans tend to follow the traditions and the belief of Christianity a lot more than the rest of Western civilization. How can this be?

I would suggest that one possible reason is that in America religion has never been directly sanctioned by the state. That isn't to suggest that values based on religion have not been 'promoted' by those in office, but that there has never been a law directly imposing one religious view.

One of the reasons that right-wing people like myself, want government involved in as few topics as possible, is that once something is politicized, people hate or oppose a particular topic for no other reason, than because they oppose whoever is in power.

Europe for generations had religion and government intertwined. Thus religion was politicized.

Not so much in America. While there are religious groups that support one view point or another, no one generally identifies one directly with the other. No one says "All Mormons are Republican", or "All Baptists are Democrats".

That said, I would question the claim that America is still Christian. I find that claim to be dubious. Nothing in my experience suggests that is still true. No doubt we have lasted longer than Europe at being Christian, but I'm convinced that period is at an end.
Europe is still Christian...to assume otherwise is again arrogant.

In Western Europe, not really. Not sure what you base that claim on, but there is no evidence to really support it.

The majority of Western European countries, less than 2% of the total population goes to church regularly.

Catholics used to have a far greater adherence, but from the 80s, they too have dropped, and much faster since the child abuse scandals, which have rightly wrecked the Catholic faith. Now there are more Evangelical adherence than Catholic.

The big exception to this is in Asia where church attendance is growing, and Eastern Europe. The Orthodox Church is growing very quickly, and it's influence and spread is crossing countries throughout the former soviet bloc states. Germany is the big hold out. It would appear the Berlin wall left a longer mark on the culture than we thought.

But I digress. The point is, church attendance in Western Europe has fallen by more than 50%. It should be noted that unlike former constitutions in the history of Europe, which all mention the Christian faith at some level, even if minor in importance.... the European Union constitution does not mention faith at all, let alone a Christianity.

Taking into consideration the severe years of inquisition I may suppose that Europe should be far more "Christian" than the USA...
Americans tend to follow the traditions and the belief of Christianity a lot more than the rest of Western civilization. How can this be?

I've spent a lot of time in Europe over the years. I've always found them to be far more enlightened than we are.

Indoctrination, zealotry, peer pressure and keeping up appearances.

True faith is personal

Europe is not just one big country. Some eastern European countries actually have a much higher concentration of Christians, it does vary country to country, more so than continent to continent. I wouldn't say that America is the most Christian country in the world. The fastest growing religion (or lack thereof) in America is atheism.
And although this contradicts my previous statement a bit, many South American countries have a higher concentration of Christians than we do.
The 83% of Americans identifying as Christian is iffy at best, I know a lot of people who if you were to ask what religion they are, the response would be something like "idk, Christian?"

Capitalism.
The US, as the global beacon for the free market has monetised religion far better than anyone else.
There are big profits to be made.

Same reason why we have the lowest math and science scores in the industrialized world.

Americans are just piss ignorant.

I think it goes about morality against religious.

Look we all know what Jesus said about Rich v Poverty, yet the Right Wing (Christians) bring in anti poverty law all the time. To a European that is hypocritical.

Another example is patriotism, We seem a certain section of America wrap themselves in the flag and talk how they are real Americans. But these very same Americans don't want to pay for that society, in making it strong through Education, or Healthy,...... To a European that is hypocritical.

To a European to judge our culture, religion or country is to see how we treat the weakest in our society. So get off your knees or unwrap yourself from your flag and help your fellow man or American.

I know the usual Charity thing is used by the RW. Well, when church contributions are taken out Liberals and Conservative donate the same. And which side continually says cut foreign aid...

Same reason why we have the lowest math and science scores in the industrialized world.

Americans are just piss ignorant.

I think it goes about morality against religious.

Look we all know what Jesus said about Rich v Poverty, yet the Right Wing (Christians) bring in anti poverty law all the time. To a European that is hypocritical.

Another example is patriotism, We seem a certain section of America wrap themselves in the flag and talk how they are real Americans. But these very same Americans don't want to pay for that society, in making it strong through Education, or Healthy,...... To a European that is hypocritical.

To a European to judge our culture, religion or country is to see how we treat the weakest in our society. So get off your knees or unwrap yourself from your flag and help your fellow man or American.

I know the usual Charity thing is used by the RW. Well, when church contributions are taken out Liberals and Conservative donate the same. And which side continually says cut foreign aid...

i seemed to have walked into a festival of sorts of self-hating American left-wing retardz

liberals run the education system in America left-wing nutjob. if it's screwed up whose fault is that?
maybe if you spent more time on reading and math instead of thinking it's your job to read "Heather Has Two Mommies" to school children, or teaching them how to put on a condom.........................??? ijs

liberals run the education system in America left-wing nutjob. if it's screwed up whose fault is that?
maybe if you spent more time on reading and math instead of thinking it's your job to read "Heather Has Two Mommies" to school children, or teaching them how to put on a condom.........................??? ijs

How can liberals run school systems in conservative states?

How can liberals run school systems in conservative states?
because even Red states have BLUE CITIES where most of the population is dummy.

Forum List

Back