Why is it neither leftists nor conservatives can critically look at certain things?

Preacher

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2015
Georgia Mountains
Politically wise. For leftists its that government is always good as long as its leftist government and that people are never freeloaders,illegal invasion is good,abortion is not murder etc,

For the right,conservatives whatever its that our foreign policy is great,grand,awesome and if a dictator somewhere is bad we have the right and obligation to remove them from power and install a US puppet,that immigration is fine as long as its "legal",that ALL people on welfare are freeloaders etc.

What the hell happened to people who use critical thinking instead of literally spewing the talking points right out of the parties platform?

I despise US foreign policy,that makes me break from the right,I think abortion is sickening yes but I view it through who is being aborted and that's nonwhites mostly so I don't care that breaks me from the right,I refuse to kiss Israel's ass and that breaks me from the right.

I don't want open borders or invasion of my country that breaks me from the left,I don't want government control of EVERYTHING that breaks me from the left, I don't think taxes should be sky high,hell in general I think taxes should be minimal as we had all the shit we have now BEFORE taxes happened,that again breaks me from the left.

I believe in breaking up huge corporations
I believe in a non interventionist foreign policy
I believe in cutting off ALL foreign aid
I believe in closing the damn borders 100% no illegal or legal immigration

Granted people may not agree with my stances but it seems there are VERY FEW people here who step outside their sides approved talking points....I think I know of maybe 5 or 6 total here that do that. WHY!?

A person who is a critical thinker looks at issues individually and evaluates those issues according to a set of standards.

Those who are incapable of critical thinking merely decide on what tribe they wish to join and then conform to the tribal expectations.

Those who approach politics from the standpoint "I am a such and such therefore I believe in this" are not indulging in critical thought. Those who approach politics from the standpoint "I believe in this, therefore my position on this issue is thus:" are indulging in critical thought.

Forum List

Back