Why is KASICH being courted for an independent run?

Super_Lantern

VIP Member
Jun 2, 2013
Are you kidding me? He has zero appeal to anyone. I'm all for an independent run (I think there should be two, one that appeals to the right and one that appeals to the left). I'm even down for the GOP to run an establishment guy as an independent if they want to. But don't do it just to do it. No one cares about Kasich. If you don't have someone to run, then you don't have someone to run. Running something that will only end in MISERABLE failure will damage what you're trying to do in the long term

Jeez, oh man.

Jeez, oh man.

Are you kidding me? He has zero appeal to anyone. I'm all for an independent run (I think there should be two, one that appeals to the right and one that appeals to the left). I'm even down for the GOP to run an establishment guy as an independent if they want to. But don't do it just to do it. No one cares about Kasich. If you don't have someone to run, then you don't have someone to run. Running something that will only end in MISERABLE failure will damage what you're trying to do in the long term

Jeez, oh man.

Jeez, oh man.

He could run under the RINO career politician party...

Are you kidding me? He has zero appeal to anyone. I'm all for an independent run (I think there should be two, one that appeals to the right and one that appeals to the left). I'm even down for the GOP to run an establishment guy as an independent if they want to. But don't do it just to do it. No one cares about Kasich.

I agree with you on the independent run. Will only shatter the vote on the right even more and insure a Hillary win.

However, for nobody caring about Kasich, he sure polled beating Hillary by double digits the entire time of the primary while all other republican candidates fell behind her by double digits. I guess enough people care about Kasich where he could win the Fall election. And after all the dust has settled, isn't that what this election is all about? :popcorn:

Simple. He could keep Trump from even dreaming of winning Ohio. There are some republicans who are willing to lose to Clinton in order to prevent Trump from making this the worst election for the GOP.....ever.

The "independent" candidate only needs to compete in a few key states to provide insurance against the Trump disaster.

An "independent run" is code for a 3rd party run. Everyone who is interested in politics is aware that a 3rd term candidate, especially a candidate who couldn't win a single primary outside of his own state cannot hope to win a presidential election. The best Kashich can hope for is to punish his own party by siphoning votes from the republican nominee and maybe it's the forlorn hope of fake republicans that he does it. It is doubtful that Sanders would defy democrat policy and run as a third party candidate but it's anybody's guess if Hillary will survive an indictment.

Are you kidding me? He has zero appeal to anyone. I'm all for an independent run (I think there should be two, one that appeals to the right and one that appeals to the left). I'm even down for the GOP to run an establishment guy as an independent if they want to. But don't do it just to do it. No one cares about Kasich.

I agree with you on the independent run. Will only shatter the vote on the right even more and insure a Hillary win.

However, for nobody caring about Kasich, he sure polled beating Hillary by double digits the entire time of the primary while all other republican candidates fell behind her by double digits. I guess enough people care about Kasich where he could win the Fall election. And after all the dust has settled, isn't that what this election is all about? :popcorn:
Fair point. And like you said, independent only breaks up the right vote. That's why we need to independents to run. If we were to ever see an independent run to challenge the democratic nominee, it would be in this election if Hillary is the nominee. She's a very weak nominee and their is demand for a left alternative

Simple. He could keep Trump from even dreaming of winning Ohio. There are some republicans who are willing to lose to Clinton in order to prevent Trump from making this the worst election for the GOP.....ever.

The "independent" candidate only needs to compete in a few key states to provide insurance against the Trump disaster.
Look, if the republicans want to lose to Hillary, they don't need to do anything else but nominate Trump.

As I've often said, their nomination of Trump in a couple weeks should immediately be followed by their concession speech to Hillary. Save all that money for 2020.

Fair point. And like you said, independent only breaks up the right vote. That's why we need to independents to run. If we were to ever see an independent run to challenge the democratic nominee, it would be in this election if Hillary is the nominee. She's a very weak nominee and their is demand for a left alternative
OK fine. Whatever you say. This whole thing is a crap shoot now anyway.

Because he is a big government loving Neocon...and many in the R party love assholes like him.

"Why is KASICH being courted for an independent run?"

Because Trump is the presumptive nominee.
Let's see now.....how many state primaries did dickhead Kasich win?

ONE?

WTF????

and the R party thinks he can run as an independent....can't fix stupid

Jeez, oh man.

Jeez, oh man.

Kasich running as a independent is to make sure Trump does not win Ohio. Third Party and Independent candidates usually are never consider a major threat but if one can deny you the electoral vote in a key state like Ohio then it should be consider as a threat.

Kasich would not win his state but all he has to do is toss the electoral vote to Hillary and he did his job in the mind of the establishment...

This is nothing more than a desperate attempt to block voters from their choice.*sigh*

Having run third party with a true intent to drive the progressive conservatives out of the political process at the time we did it. And we won for many years until Harper betrayed us.

Jeez, oh man.

Jeez, oh man.

Kasich running as a independent is to make sure Trump does not win Ohio. Third Party and Independent candidates usually are never consider a major threat but if one can deny you the electoral vote in a key state like Ohio then it should be consider as a threat.

Kasich would not win his state but all he has to do is toss the electoral vote to Hillary and he did his job in the mind of the establishment...

You obviously aren't up to speed. Ohio is Trump territory now and Kasichs own constituents want him fired from being a governor.

Forum List

Back