Why is KASICH being courted for an independent run?

Are you kidding me? He has zero appeal to anyone. I'm all for an independent run (I think there should be two, one that appeals to the right and one that appeals to the left). I'm even down for the GOP to run an establishment guy as an independent if they want to. But don't do it just to do it. No one cares about Kasich. If you don't have someone to run, then you don't have someone to run. Running something that will only end in MISERABLE failure will damage what you're trying to do in the long term

Jeez, oh man.

Jeez, oh man.

Kasich running as a independent is to make sure Trump does not win Ohio. Third Party and Independent candidates usually are never consider a major threat but if one can deny you the electoral vote in a key state like Ohio then it should be consider as a threat.

Kasich would not win his state but all he has to do is toss the electoral vote to Hillary and he did his job in the mind of the establishment...

You obviously aren't up to speed. Ohio is Trump territory now and Kasichs own constituents want him fired from being a governor.

Oh?

Kasich is a life long Republican. There's about zero chance he would ever abandon the party, even to stop Trump.

Kasich is a life long Republican. There's about zero chance he would ever abandon the party, even to stop Trump.

I agree, Kasich is more likely to be Trump's VP than run third party and I don't think there is much of a chance in the former.

It's too late to launch a third party run, but what Romney, Rubio, Jeb, NeverTrump, etc ARE doing is trying to steer the SS Trump onto the rocks, and be ready to jump in when Trump goes down.

This is nothing more than a desperate attempt to block voters from their choice.*sigh*

So you are saying that if people vote for Kasich as an Independent because that's who they want, then that blocks people from their choice?

Are you kidding me? He has zero appeal to anyone. I'm all for an independent run (I think there should be two, one that appeals to the right and one that appeals to the left). I'm even down for the GOP to run an establishment guy as an independent if they want to. But don't do it just to do it. No one cares about Kasich.

I agree with you on the independent run. Will only shatter the vote on the right even more and insure a Hillary win.

However, for nobody caring about Kasich, he sure polled beating Hillary by double digits the entire time of the primary while all other republican candidates fell behind her by double digits. I guess enough people care about Kasich where he could win the Fall election. And after all the dust has settled, isn't that what this election is all about? :popcorn:
There are lot of Republicans that would rather concede the election to Hillary than see Trump in the white house. A democrat win would be a disaster for republicans but a Trump win could be a lot worse. If would end conservative control of the party and become the party of crackpots, racists, and radicals with no political philosophy. An overwhelming defeat of Trump would result in reorganization of the party along conservative lines but aimed at becoming more inclusive.

Are you kidding me? He has zero appeal to anyone. I'm all for an independent run (I think there should be two, one that appeals to the right and one that appeals to the left). I'm even down for the GOP to run an establishment guy as an independent if they want to. But don't do it just to do it. No one cares about Kasich.

I agree with you on the independent run. Will only shatter the vote on the right even more and insure a Hillary win.

However, for nobody caring about Kasich, he sure polled beating Hillary by double digits the entire time of the primary while all other republican candidates fell behind her by double digits. I guess enough people care about Kasich where he could win the Fall election. And after all the dust has settled, isn't that what this election is all about? :popcorn:

:lmao:

Soros paid for those polls just like he has been funding Kasich. Please tell me you know that?

:lmao:

Soros paid for those polls just like he has been funding Kasich. Please tell me you know that?

Oh?

I agree, Kasich is more likely to be Trump's VP than run third party and I don't think there is much of a chance in the former.

Kasich would not make that career-killing move. After 4 years, anyone or any party associated with the name "President Trump" will be extinct politically.

Kasich would not make that career-killing move. After 4 years, anyone or any party associated with the name "President Trump" will be extinct politically.

They would both be career killing moves but Kasich is old so it doesn't matter anyway.

They would both be career killing moves but Kasich is old so it doesn't matter anyway.

Kasich = 64

Hillary = 70

Sanders = 74

Trump = 70

Kasich is "so old" eh? So then you won't be voting for Trump or Hillary or Sanders I take it because of your issue with age?

Kasich = 64

Hillary = 70

Sanders = 74

Trump = 70

Kasich is "so old" eh? So then you won't be voting for Trump or Hillary or Sanders I take it because of your issue with age?

Yeah, old as in they will never run for President unless it was for reelection kind of old.

Yeah, old as in they will never run for President unless it was for reelection kind of old.
After four years, John Kasich will still be younger then than Hillary, Sanders or Trump are today. You can admit defeat on this point any time now. Better sooner than later. Take your foot out of your mouth.

They're saying the people behind him are key GOPers though
If you campaign against the nominee, you will never get anywhere in the party. That's the one unforgivable sin. You can refuse to endorse the candidate as the Bushs have or you can support him because he's the party's nominee and not work for him, but you can't help the opposition by campaigning against the nominee and expect any future help from the party. You will forever be seen as a trader. That's why it's so hard to get a third party candidate out of the GOP ranks.

The opposition will have to move quickly to get a third party candidate on the ballot in most states. He or she would probably have to be a writein in many states.

It's too late to launch a third party run, but what Romney, Rubio, Jeb, NeverTrump, etc ARE doing is trying to steer the SS Trump onto the rocks, and be ready to jump in when Trump goes down.
Actually it could be done. Between the Libertarian Party and the Constitutional Party, they have a line on the ballot in almost all states. If they ran the same candidate, then funds could be combined and the candidate would have national exposure. It's a long shot but possible.

Forum List

Back