Why is media censoring ID of runaway-train operator in Boston?

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
This happened thursday morning and all i've been able to find out is that he's a 51 year old man. That makes it likely he's a minority and thus he gets special treatment.

Boston Train Operator May Have Tied Cord to Throttle

dec 11 2015 Early findings indicate that the operator of the runaway Boston train that left a station and stormed through four stops without a conductor tied a cord to the throttle and did not set at least one of the brakes before exiting the train, a source familiar with the investigation told ABC News today.

The six-car train on Boston's Red Line left the Braintree Station without an operator just after 6 a.m. Thursday, according to Stephanie Pollack of the Massachusetts Department of Transportation.

It traveled several stops northbound toward Boston without an operator until it was finally brought to a stop when officials cut off power to the third rail. None of the approximately 50 passengers were hurt.

"The investigation is ongoing but we do believe this was an isolated incident," Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker said today during a news conference. "One that likely required an individual to make multiple mistakes for this to take place."

The operator remains on administrative leave, said Pollack, adding that, “If the investigation finds that a prohibited act occurred, this is grounds for termination.”

There are no cameras in the control cars, Pollack said.

Article says no cameras in the control car!!! I don't believe that. . Was the operator another unqualified minority with a criminal record who got the job thru affirmative action.?

David Vazquez is the conductor. It is not determined if it was an accident or not. There was a signal problem and the conductor stepped out to manually operate the switch. Car moved on it's own before he could get back in.

Seems there were a number of failures and not just the conductor.

I expect the name was withheld by some authorities because it was still under investigation and the conductor has not yet been charged till they have all the information.

I also expect they authorities did not want any rash actions against the conductor till they know what went wrong.

David Vazquez is the conductor. It is not determined if it was an accident or not.

Sounds hispanic to me. As for it being accidental - no one is claiming he did it on purpose. But it sure looks to be his fault and if so, he should be fired at the least . A white man would be locked up 20 years for this even though no one got hurt.

David Vazquez is the conductor. It is not determined if it was an accident or not.

Sounds hispanic to me. As for it being accidental - no one is claiming he did it on purpose. But it sure looks to be his fault and if so, he should be fired at the least . A white man would be locked up 20 years for this even though no one got hurt.

>>Officials explained Thursday that while the train was parked in Braintree, the driver reported a signal problem and requested permission to put his train into “bypass mode,” which allows the train to move even if it has not received the right signal. Trains occasionally operate in this mode, Pollack said, saying that it is safe under the proper procedures.

To enter bypass mode, the driver had to leave the train to throw a toggle switch, said Jeff Gonneville, the MBTA’s chief operating officer. That was when the train left without him. Gonneville said MBTA procedures require operators to set two brakes before leaving the train. Pollack would not say whether the brakes were set, saying that was a matter for the ongoing investigations.<<

They're hoping you'll get on his next train....... :thup:

Just another day

>>Toward the rear of the train, Sarah Sweeney, commuting to her job as a dental assistant downtown, had been scrolling through Facebook on her phone when the train stopped. With the lights out and the cold creeping in, the regular riders around her thought it was just another day on the oft-troubled line.

“We were actually joking about wishing we had coffee,” she said. “It just seemed like a normal Red Line problem. Luckily, no one in my car panicked, because I’m a panicker.”

Once the train stopped near North Quincy, T personnel boarded it and brought it to JFK/UMass Station, where passengers got off.<<

Just another day

>>Toward the rear of the train, Sarah Sweeney, commuting to her job as a dental assistant downtown, had been scrolling through Facebook on her phone when the train stopped. With the lights out and the cold creeping in, the regular riders around her thought it was just another day on the oft-troubled line.

“We were actually joking about wishing we had coffee,” she said. “It just seemed like a normal Red Line problem. Luckily, no one in my car panicked, because I’m a panicker.”

Once the train stopped near North Quincy, T personnel boarded it and brought it to JFK/UMass Station, where passengers got off.<<
I'm trying to find the humor in that........ Nope, still can't find it....... Nope, not yet........

>>Officials explained Thursday that while the train was parked in Braintree, the driver reported a signal problem and requested permission to put his train into “bypass mode,” which allows the train to move even if it has not received the right signal. Trains occasionally operate in this mode, Pollack said, saying that it is safe under the proper procedures.

To enter bypass mode, the driver had to leave the train to throw a toggle switch, said Jeff Gonneville, the MBTA’s chief operating officer. That was when the train left without him. Gonneville said MBTA procedures require operators to set two brakes before leaving the train. Pollack would not say whether the brakes were set, saying that was a matter for the ongoing investigations.<<

Yup - this "investigation" has whitewash written all over it. Protect the hispanic who screwed up. They'll prolly find some totally innocent white worker and blame this on him. Happens every day.

Forum List

Back