Why is the country MORE divided than it was 8 years ago?

I am not the racist. I come from a mixed marriage which means that I view the different sides with equal suspicion.

Ditto, so do I. My wife is Korean, so my kids are half Korean. The difference between us is that I think other races can be treated the same as whites while you think blacks can't handle it and can't be the same. That's racist, Holmes. I treat Obama like he's white. Just makes you cringe, doesn't it? Come to terms with your own bigoted views before throwing your judgmental crap out there at others
I think all PEOPLE should be treated the same. Their race means nothing to me.

Seems it does. You think people treated Obama differently because of his skin color. He was treated the same as any other liberal and yet you claimed racism. Why is that?
You people hate liberals, just as you hate Blacks.

"You people"? As bigoted as it gets.

I don't hate anyone, it is not in my DNA. I don't understand some liberals but I don't hate them. As far as me hating blacks? You are projecting your hate on me. Very strange thing for you to do.
Only when referring to race, religion, nationality, not political affiliation, you are you people.

Poor and uneducated......who have traditionally been the core of Democrats for decades. When you take your core and falsely scapegoat them for all the ills of the world, you tend to lose elections when it comes time to vote. Of course you can delude yourself that it's the FBI Director's fault for investigating YOUR crimes.

Why Are Highly Educated Americans Getting More Liberal?
Aren't all highly educated basket weavers liberal?

Could be. With education comes the tendency to be liberal.
Baskets don't weave themselves without liberals......
True. However that does nothing for the illiterate and poor cons.

You mean the illiterate and poor libs who got tired of taking it up the ass by the Democrats and changed their vote for this election. Let's be accurate.

You are wrong, we were willing to give Obama a chance, he didn't extend his hand across the aisle. When he stepped into the office he was arrogant.

As President Barack Obama finishes out the last year of his second term, it seems that members of the Republican party have all suffered from a collective amnesia regarding Obama’s ability, as both a president and senator, to work with counterparts across the aisle. The real number of times Obama has willingly worked with Republicans is probably in the thousands, but compromises are not created equal. Here is the top ten countdown of times Barack Obama worked towards a compromise with people that still insist he’s a ruthless dictator.

Top 10 Times Obama Worked Across The Aisle And Hit A Republican Wall

Ditto, so do I. My wife is Korean, so my kids are half Korean. The difference between us is that I think other races can be treated the same as whites while you think blacks can't handle it and can't be the same. That's racist, Holmes. I treat Obama like he's white. Just makes you cringe, doesn't it? Come to terms with your own bigoted views before throwing your judgmental crap out there at others
I think all PEOPLE should be treated the same. Their race means nothing to me.

Seems it does. You think people treated Obama differently because of his skin color. He was treated the same as any other liberal and yet you claimed racism. Why is that?
You people hate liberals, just as you hate Blacks.

"You people"? As bigoted as it gets.

I don't hate anyone, it is not in my DNA. I don't understand some liberals but I don't hate them. As far as me hating blacks? You are projecting your hate on me. Very strange thing for you to do.
Only when referring to race, religion, nationality, not political affiliation, you are you people.

Well who am I than? I didn't vote for Hillary, McCain, Obama or Trump, who am I that is "you" you refer to?

How many blacks are elected in your country? It must be 30% of your country since you are so open and no racist.

You are wrong, we were willing to give Obama a chance, he didn't extend his hand across the aisle. When he stepped into the office he was arrogant.

As President Barack Obama finishes out the last year of his second term, it seems that members of the Republican party have all suffered from a collective amnesia regarding Obama’s ability, as both a president and senator, to work with counterparts across the aisle. The real number of times Obama has willingly worked with Republicans is probably in the thousands, but compromises are not created equal. Here is the top ten countdown of times Barack Obama worked towards a compromise with people that still insist he’s a ruthless dictator.

Sit in the back of the bus set the tone. His arrogance at the beginning of his first term set the tone. He pitted so many groups against each other then wanted harmony.

I am not looking at your silly left wing propaganda link.

Sit in the back of the bus set the tone. His arrogance at the beginning of his first term set the tone. He pitted so many groups against each other then wanted harmony.

He never said sit in the back of the bus.

Don't read it snowflake. Can't expose yourself to facts n stuff!

No i don't read extreme right or left BS, they are extremely biased and dishonest, now go find a moderate that will back your position cupcake.

I think the argument is more that Obama did/does not enjoy the time honored trick of personal contact with individual reps/senators. (JFK wasn't very good at it either, and Carter was abysmal). LBJ was famous for "the treatment." Poppy's rolodex was legendary, with not just phone numbers of pols but their anniversary dates. Reagan charmed.

Something happened with Clinton. The gop actually voted for Hillarycare, and the dems torpedoed it. But, he was just loathed by gop House. It may simply have been that they saw where this country was heading with immigration, and they knew that without gerrymandering and going outside of popular votes, they couldn't hold power. W was not initially divisive. And he is not a terrible human. I thought there was some hope for civility until he invaded that camelshit piece of sand. So, I'm not sure that blaming Obama is really that fair. The WH concluded Boehner "couldn't deliver a pizza," let alone a unified gop vote on a compromise budget. And now the Merrick Garland fiasco.

The country has been dividing since the 70s. A book was written about such political segregation titled The Big Sort. The process of dividing has accelerated in the past eight years because the differing values have wedged the people apart.

www.economist.com/node/11581447

If the idea of the United States is to survive the country must break up. To do otherwise means the whole gets sucker into the ruin of liberalism.

I don't doubt that the incessant accusations of racism has in fact led to racism across-the-board.
Having a Black President brought out racism that was hidden for years.

You are absolutely wrong, idealism is completely responsible for the divide. I disagreed with Obama's politics, his color was irrelevant. Democrats use race as a wedge. They are good at it but they are total fear mongers and liars.
Republicans are 90% white. Democrats are everyone else. Trump's newly vocal supporters who saluted him over the weekend kind of let's us know the direction the Republican Party has taken. They have traveled that road for years, but are now more vocal. It is what it is. A party that's 90% white and ridicules the resit of America can't deflect with "they are the ones who're racist".

Pot, kettle, black. If you spend decades brainwashing minority groups that they will fail and can't function or thrive without the Democrat party's "protection", you might be a racist.

No i don't read extreme right or left BS, they are extremely biased and dishonest, now go find a moderate that will back your position cupcake.

It's not a position fluffy, it's history.

I don't doubt that the incessant accusations of racism has in fact led to racism across-the-board.
So, electing a black president was racist? You're flailing in a mass of confusion because you cannot understand why millions upon millions of people who voted for Obama also voted for Trump.
Exactly ... they do not get it because they are too busy playing the race card over and over and over ad nauseam.

Sent from my Moto Z Force XT1650 using Tapatalk

You are absolutely wrong, idealism is completely responsible for the divide. I disagreed with Obama's politics, his color was irrelevant. Democrats use race as a wedge. They are good at it but they are total fear mongers and liars.
People opposed Obama before they gave him a chance. They also did not like Blacks getting uppity about having a Black President. America is a racist country which is evidenced by these boards.

You have a little bullshit in the corner of your mouth.

There is no getting around it. We are WAY more divided than we were 8 years ago.

Why?

Simply put because a Black man was elected POTUS and white males freaked out.

No white males voted for Obama?
Not enough.
The smart ones didn't....
I wouldnt exactly call them smart. The vast majority were poor and uneducated.

The traditional core of the DNC.

Republicans are 90% white. Democrats are everyone else. Trump's newly vocal supporters who saluted him over the weekend kind of let's us know the direction the Republican Party has taken. They have traveled that road for years, but are now more vocal. It is what it is. A party that's 90% white and ridicules the resit of America can't deflect with "they are the ones who're racist".

Pot, kettle, black. If you spend decades brainwashing minority groups that they will fail and can't function or thrive without the Democrat party's "protection", you might be a racist.
No one ever told me that. You lose, thank you for playing.

People opposed Obama before they gave him a chance. They also did not like Blacks getting uppity about having a Black President. America is a racist country which is evidenced by these boards.

You have a little bullshit in the corner of your mouth.
That would be remnants of the truth.

There is no getting around it. We are WAY more divided than we were 8 years ago.

Why?

probably because a half-black president brought out the latent racism that exists among many southern uneducated, bigoted, frightened, white males......
With folks like Trump championing tacit racist and xenophobic demagoguery, the country has witnessed a cold-civil-war.

Yea, but Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Ohio.....big southern bigot regions?

You are full of shit.....stop believing the media and get out and walk around a little bit.

No one ever told me that. You lose, thank you for playing.

I'm sorry for you that you are so easily played and clueless. You know all of those times that Democratic candidates were ask for your vote by telling you that Republicans hate women, want to put black people back in chains or that your gay marriage would be reversed? That's the Democratic party telling you that you aren't strong enough or good enough to determine your own course and destiny. If you vote for them, they will protect you and without them doing so, you are in for a world of shit. Look at all the rioting and wailing and gnashing of teeth going on right now when Trump hasn't even been sworn into office. That is all the people who've been conditioned to believe they need a Democrat to protect them and give their life value. You need to wake up. I did about 6 years ago and I've never looked back.

Forum List

Back