WHY is the DJIA crashing?

The truth is we're facing economic collapse because of debt.

As another poster mentioned above - if that were true, treasuries would be tanking, and they aren't.

The U.S. actually had slightly more debt/GDP in the 40's.

What part of our debt exploding in size over the next twenty years don't you get? Do you not understand the problem...or have you just chosen to ignore it?

Last edited:
The truth is we're facing economic collapse because of debt.

As another poster mentioned above - if that were true, treasuries would be tanking, and they aren't.

The U.S. actually had slightly more debt/GDP in the 40's.

What part of our debt exploding in size over the next twenty years don't you get? Do you not understand the problem...or have you just chosen to ignore it?

I never said the deficit wasn't a problem. I said the debt isn't a problem. It isn't. The amount we pay in interest/GDP is actually less now than it was in the 80's.

I'm paying attention......what economic policy? Does that make it clearer for you?

Whichever one you want to fucking talk about moron. If you'd rather conjecture as to how people feel go start a website for armchair shrinks.

So your saying you don't have a clue?

That's not what I'm saying. The thing I am saying is exactly the same as the actual words I typed out.

You clearly would prefer to do nothing but guess at what people feel and believe rather than have a fact based conversation.

I'm paying attention......what economic policy? Does that make it clearer for you?

Whichever one you want to fucking talk about moron. If you'd rather conjecture as to how people feel go start a website for armchair shrinks.

So your saying you don't have a clue? And, your calling me a moron? :lol:
idiot

I'm really not sure how OohPoo...got sidetracked into "feelings". He's about as clueless as to what's going on right now as anyone I've ever run across. He thinks because people are fleeing stocks to buy treasuries that pay 2% that it means the economy is BOOMING!!!

That's not what I'm saying. The thing I am saying is exactly the same as the actual words I typed out.

You clearly would prefer to do nothing but guess at what people feel and believe rather than have a fact based conversation.

I'm trying to get you to be specific in just what the hell your talking about. WHICH ECONOMIC POLICIES are you talking about? Then we can have a discussion on them.

BTW guys, the S&P 500 is at 1182 right now and its 52 week low is 1040.

Not exactly anything to lose sleep over at this point. Both parties and the media are constantly guilty of placing too much importance on single day and single week moves of the market. In doing so, they probably cause these moves to be larger than they would otherwise be, resulting in profits for those who don't just follow what the politicians and media say about the market.

So let's have a "fact based conversation", OohPoo! Kindly explain to me how we make the numbers work over the next ten years with the massive levels of unfunded entitlements we have obligated ourselves to. I'd love to hear the plan.

I'm trying to get you to be specific in just what the hell your talking about. WHICH ECONOMIC POLICIES are you talking about? Then we can have a discussion on them.

None in particular. I was simply asking you and OldStyle if you'd actually like to talk about any actual policy - or if you'd rather just conjecture about people's feelings? which do you prefer?

So let's have a "fact based conversation", OohPoo! Kindly explain to me how we make the numbers work over the next ten years with the massive levels of unfunded entitlements we have obligated ourselves to. I'd love to hear the plan.

Decrease spending, increase taxes.

Good luck on getting OohPoo to be specific. Let's face it...he's defending insanity and trying to pass it off as prudence.

What's amazing to me is how "happy" you libs seem to be with another dismal jobs number. .

What is not amazing to me - in fact, expected - is that righties like yourself would rather concern yourself with people's emotional states and feeling than facts. Maybe instead of going around trying to guess how everyone feels like some wanna-be fortune teller hippie, you might think about actual government policy instead? But that might require you read and think rather than just guess and feel!

Gee, OohPoo...I'd be more than happy to talk facts with you.

The "fact" is that our debt now equals our GDP.

The "fact" is that unfunded entitlements are about to bury us in more debt.

The "fact" is the debt ceiling "compromise" did nothing to address the problem.

So why are there "unfunded entitlements?" Oh that's right, Boner walked away from Obama's deal. The compromise created a economic panel that will deal with it, so that addressing the problems is in your future, not your present.

Last edited:

Good luck on getting OohPoo to be specific. Let's face it...he's defending insanity and trying to pass it off as prudence.

Its insane to not want to take about your feelings?

OK...so what spending cuts would you make? Democrats won't allow ANY entitlements to be touched. If you don't reform them...you can't make the numbers work.

As for raising taxes? You do realize that Obama didn't let the Bush tax cuts expire because he FINALLY came to the realization that to do so would only harm an already fragile economy? So what taxes would YOU increase?

Its insane to not want to take about your feelings?

This "so" isn't about feelings. It's about common sense and doing what needs to be done.

The "fact" is that unfunded entitlements are about to bury us in more debt.

And unfunded military expenditures aren't?

Everything the government does in the future is unfunded.

Myself and my wife, have, I'm guessing, around $5,000,000 in unfunded future liabilities based on our current ages (in today's dollars). And our net worth is maybe 20k. Gee, I guess we're screwed.

In 10 years we will have higher debt than we have now, we will have more spending than we have now, not only will we have higher taxes, but the costs of doing business will be higher than now. Yeah....that is government economic policy that has been shoved on us. That's not feelings, that's reality

Forum List

Back