Why is the USDA paying for people to get high speed internet?

Michiganders: Rick Snyder is Open to Raising Taxes

Remember Republicans were signing pledges refusing to raise taxes? Well they still refuse to raise taxes on rich people and corporations. But that means YOUR taxes will go up.

How will my taxes go up? You keep making that claim with no evidence that any taxes went up due to the rich. As for corporations, I say let the state tax the hell out of them. Then we have a chance at landing that company in my state and that means more jobs and tax revenue for the state.
Your taxes have been going up for 30 years, and especially state and local taxes and fees to make up for federal aid going down. Great job scumbag GOP and silly dupes like you...

USDA Opens Application Portal for New ReConnect Rural Broadband Infrastructure Program

These funds will enable the federal government to partner with the private sector and rural communities to build modern broadband infrastructure in areas with insufficient internet service.

Why is this the job of the Fed Govt?????
Because the Federal government has resources state and local jurisdictions do not.

Hmmm.... and where did the federal government get those resources? Maybe they should give them back.

USDA Opens Application Portal for New ReConnect Rural Broadband Infrastructure Program

These funds will enable the federal government to partner with the private sector and rural communities to build modern broadband infrastructure in areas with insufficient internet service.

Power and control. The usual.
actually being responsible and helping the country to compete with the rest of the world, who don't have a stupid GOP raping the country for the rich and braiwashing the Chumps with total garbage.

actually being responsible and helping the country to compete with the rest of the world, who don't have a stupid GOP raping the country for the rich and braiwashing the Chumps with total garbage.

uh.. ok.

I used to sell satellite and dish and DirecTV and I have no idea what you're talking about. We have to invest like other countries do or we will fall behind. We already have in many ways. Thanks GOP

I dropped cable TV like 9 years ago, because I think it sucks. I do require broadband internet, so when building my house I worked with the local broadband provider to install a new node so I have 150mbps hard wired to my house in the sticks.
A new node? I sold internet dishes and have no idea what you're talkin about. Link or some explanation please?

The provider and I put in a new data link cabinet on my property (box) that's hard wired to their fiber optic network. The link from the cabinet is piped to my house. It's the furthest (and last) node in this particular area of coverage. Should someone decide to build a home nearby, this node will service them as well, as satellite is kinda useless out here.
How much does that cost a month?

The initial set up of the node with the provider cost me a few grand. The broadband is $80/mo.
While in Europe broadband costs thirty-five and it's under $10 in Russia and Eastern Europe for some reason and $6 in Iran. So anyway you get several times as fast as cable internet?

uh.. ok.
Fact.

uh.. ok.
Fact.
It's not even a coherent comment. Are you drunk again?

Remember Republicans were signing pledges refusing to raise taxes? Well they still refuse to raise taxes on rich people and corporations. But that means YOUR taxes will go up.

How will my taxes go up? You keep making that claim with no evidence that any taxes went up due to the rich. As for corporations, I say let the state tax the hell out of them. Then we have a chance at landing that company in my state and that means more jobs and tax revenue for the state.
Your taxes have been going up for 30 years, and especially state and local taxes and fees to make up for federal aid going down. Great job scumbag GOP and silly dupes like you...

One has nothing to do with the other. The federal government isn't supposed to be funding the states anyhow. What the federal government is charged to provide the people is written in a document called the US Constitution.

uh.. ok.
Fact.
It's not even a coherent comment. Are you drunk again?
Perhaps you are an actual moron instead of just brainwashed functional type....

One has nothing to do with the other. The federal government isn't supposed to be funding the states anyhow. What the federal government is charged to provide the people is written in a document called the US Constitution.
of course federal aid to States is absolutely huge, ding dong. You seem to want us to go back to the eighteen hundreds where people could die from food housing travel and the last time we had inequality this bad. Read "the good old days-they were terrible!"

of course federal aid to States is absolutely huge, ding dong. You seem to want us to go back to the eighteen hundreds where people could die from food housing travel and the last time we had inequality this bad. Read "the good old days-they were terrible!"

What a moron. Now you're going to try and compare high-speed internet with people dying from bad food?

What a moron. Now you're going to try and compare high-speed internet with people dying from bad food?
Federal aid to the states and localities is still huge. And going down. Looks like college loans are the big problem actually, all the debt people are carrying families parents etc etc. And thanks to the GOP no free basically public universities anymore. Great job! Ronald Raygun to the rescue...

Federal aid to the states and localities is still huge. And going down. Looks like college loans are the big problem actually, all the debt people are carrying families parents etc etc. And thanks to the GOP no free basically public universities anymore. Great job! Ronald Raygun to the rescue...

Reagan had no impact with how communities funded their college. Yes, dependency on the federal government is huge, and that's one of the biggest problems we have in this country today. Those liberal colleges are making tons of money because behind the scenes, they too are capitalists who are taking advantage of the supply and demand market, and not one Republican had anything to do with it.

Before we had government to help us, life was very dangerous and for most people a real pain in the ass. The industrial revolution needed government intervention and regulations. And does again after 35 years of GOP give away to the rich and screwing everybody else.

Reagan had no impact with how communities funded their college. Yes, dependency on the federal government is huge, and that's one of the biggest problems we have in this country today. Those liberal colleges are making tons of money because behind the scenes, they too are capitalists who are taking advantage of the supply and demand market, and not one Republican had anything to do with it.
Thanks to Ronald Reagan to who cut Aid to California universities when he was governor and the GOP has continued that way. Ohio state is $27,000 a year great job.

Thanks to Ronald Reagan to who cut Aid to California universities when he was governor and the GOP has continued that way. Ohio state is $27,000 a year great job.
The protests at Berkeley started with that. I think Ronald Reagan was a disaster for the country. And you are wrong if you don't.

They used to have to compete with public universities which were basically free. But the GOP f***** that up too.

Before we had government to help us, life was very dangerous and for most people a real pain in the ass. The industrial revolution needed government intervention and regulations. And does again after 35 years of GOP give away to the rich and screwing everybody else.

Right, and life will be so dangerous and and difficult for people with no high-speed internet.

Right, and life will be so dangerous and and difficult for people with no high-speed internet.
High-speed internet is needed to keep us competitive with the rest of the worldwho are not dupes of the lying thieving cheating brainwashing scumbag greedy idiot Rich GOP, brainwashed functional idiot.

Forum List

Back