Why is the USDA paying for people to get high speed internet?

hates-monopolies-wants-to-expand-the-biggest-monopoly-known-to-43563616.png
You republicans have successfully bankrupted the federal government with all the tax breaks to the rich and mor3 companies than ever don’t pay any federal taxes. Things are good but now taxes are being raised at a state level. And cuts being made to social programs.

So the rich shifted the tax burden more onto us yes? I guess they were paying too much and we weren’t paying enough.

They pay 87% of all collected income taxes. The rest of us 80% population pay 13%. And mind you, more than half of us don't pay any income taxes at all.
They also make 87% or so of the income. Great job GOP... Will you please forget about your propaganda for one second. LOL
He’s just being honest. He believes the rich pay too much and we/he doesn’t pay enough.

You will see. When republicans say our taxes need to be raised to pay for things, they will cry class warfare if we suggest undoing the unfair tax breaks the gop gave to the rich. So the gop will raise our taxes. It’s called shifting the tax burden.

And he clearly thinks the rich pay too much.

Now I’m sure he will come back and say the poor should pay more.
Brainwashed functional moron is no joke.

It makes me so mad when I catch Republicans in red states with their hands out asking the Federal government to do something that isn't specifically written in the constitution like paying to give them high speed internet.

Any argument they give in favor of doing it will be very liberal arguments.

Reminds me of yesterday I was reading about how a bunch of Republican voting teachers down south (Kentucky) were so fed up with the GOP and their anti public school bullshit that the teachers ran to unseat them.

God forbid they wake up and realize the Democratic party is the party they should be supporting.

But, I will say this. We should be happy when Republican voters realize the GOP is trying to screw them.

And I don't want to deny these rural farmers federal dollars to help them get high speed internet. It sounds like something we as a country should do for people in remote places. Same way we deliver the mail for fifty cents no matter how rural your home is. What we should do is not provide mail to rural hicks. Let them pay UPS or Fed Ex rates to get their mail delivered. They don't like the post office either right? It's not making enough money. Well one way to save money is to stop delivering to Goober who lives in BFE.

Find the nearest/best broadband carrier and request a map of coverage.
I used to sell satellite and dish and DirecTV and I have no idea what you're talking about. We have to invest like other countries do or we will fall behind. We already have in many ways. Thanks GOP

I dropped cable TV like 9 years ago, because I think it sucks. I do require broadband internet, so when building my house I worked with the local broadband provider to install a new node so I have 150mbps hard wired to my house in the sticks.
A new node? I sold internet dishes and have no idea what you're talkin about. Link or some explanation please?

The provider and I put in a new data link cabinet on my property (box) that's hard wired to their fiber optic network. The link from the cabinet is piped to my house. It's the furthest (and last) node in this particular area of coverage. Should someone decide to build a home nearby, this node will service them as well, as satellite is kinda useless out here.
How much does that cost a month?

I used to sell satellite and dish and DirecTV and I have no idea what you're talking about. We have to invest like other countries do or we will fall behind. We already have in many ways. Thanks GOP

I dropped cable TV like 9 years ago, because I think it sucks. I do require broadband internet, so when building my house I worked with the local broadband provider to install a new node so I have 150mbps hard wired to my house in the sticks.
A new node? I sold internet dishes and have no idea what you're talkin about. Link or some explanation please?

The provider and I put in a new data link cabinet on my property (box) that's hard wired to their fiber optic network. The link from the cabinet is piped to my house. It's the furthest (and last) node in this particular area of coverage. Should someone decide to build a home nearby, this node will service them as well, as satellite is kinda useless out here.
I thought Elon musk was putting up satellites that would give everyone in the world great internet...

Even though I sold it I would say that satellite is kind of useless everywhere, unless you can't even get a landline and dial up....

The initial set up of the node with the provider cost me a few grand. The broadband is $80/mo.

Even though I sold it I would say that satellite is kind of useless everywhere, unless you can't even get a landline and dial up....

Yep. We have too many trees out here for satellite to be effective.

I thought they came up with these really cheap light unmanned airplanes that were going to give people in remote areas cheap internet access

Facebook drone that could bring global internet access completes test flight

Mark Zuckerberg’s long-term plan for the Aquila drone is to have it and others provide internet access to 4bn people around the world who are in the dark

From 2017

Facebook Halts Aquila, Its Internet Drone Project

Facebook has made splashy announcements over the last four years about building a fleet of solar-powered drones, with wingspans bigger than a Boeing 737, beaming internet access to people around the world who can’t otherwise get online. (When you have as many users as Facebook, finding new ones requires some ingenuity.)

On Wednesday, the ambitious effort was halted.

Facebook announced in a blog post that it would no longer build the drones. The company said that it was still committed to the original goal of bringing more people online, but that it would instead rely on other companies to build aircraft. A plant in western England where the planes were being manufactured will be closed.

So, since this failed now the solution is for the US Federal Government to pay so red necks in red states can get high speed internet. I do not approve. Republicans know this is not the Federal government's job. Come on Republicans stick to your convictions.

Isn't the best internet you can get with satellite around 25 Mbps anyway?

Don't worry Republicans don't have a problem with deforestation. You'll be tree free in no time.

Deforestation is the permanent destruction of forests in order to make the land available for other uses. An estimated 18 million acres of forest are lost each year, according to the United Nations.

Don't worry Republicans don't have a problem with deforestation. You'll be tree free in no time.

Deforestation is the permanent destruction of forests in order to make the land available for other uses. An estimated 18 million acres of forest are lost each year, according to the United Nations.

Err, thanks?

The initial set up of the node with the provider cost me a few grand. The broadband is $80/mo.
This is what each person in Hooterville needs to do. They need to come up with the $2K and get this done themselves. It's not right Republicans are trying to pass a federal bill that would have our tax dollars going towards paying to lay the high speed lines.

Whatever company is going to charge you $80 a month is the company that should be laying the pipe.

And facebook wants to reach people who don't have internet so they can get more members. But they are unwilling to pay to lay the wire. This is what We the People are here for. The only reason I object now is because the people with their hands out hate the federal government. Not enough to pay for their own internet, but they hate it none the less.

Reminds me of this woman

6a00d8341c562c53ef017742efed55970d-320wi

USDA Opens Application Portal for New ReConnect Rural Broadband Infrastructure Program

These funds will enable the federal government to partner with the private sector and rural communities to build modern broadband infrastructure in areas with insufficient internet service.

Why is this the job of the Fed Govt?????
Because the Federal government has resources state and local jurisdictions do not.

Because such projects benefit rural states and jurisdictions, benefitting local economies, and in turn benefitting the Nation as a whole.

And because Americans pay income taxes for these services.

You sound very liberal right now.

Actually they doubled their debt just like we did to avert a full-blown depression in 2008 to 2009, and then had to use welfare programs and unemployment so people didn't starve to death. Great job by the GOP again- corruption is great isn't it? Of course half you brainwashed functional morons don't even know about the world depression your Heroes caused.
hates-monopolies-wants-to-expand-the-biggest-monopoly-known-to-43563616.png
You republicans have successfully bankrupted the federal government with all the tax breaks to the rich and mor3 companies than ever don’t pay any federal taxes. Things are good but now taxes are being raised at a state level. And cuts being made to social programs.

So the rich shifted the tax burden more onto us yes? I guess they were paying too much and we weren’t paying enough.

They pay 87% of all collected income taxes. The rest of us 80% population pay 13%. And mind you, more than half of us don't pay any income taxes at all.
They also make 87% or so of the income. Great job GOP... Will you please forget about your propaganda for one second. LOL
He’s just being honest. He believes the rich pay too much and we/he doesn’t pay enough.

You will see. When republicans say our taxes need to be raised to pay for things, they will cry class warfare if we suggest undoing the unfair tax breaks the gop gave to the rich. So the gop will raise our taxes. It’s called shifting the tax burden.

So if 87% is not enough, what percentage should they be paying?

We should be making more. They shouldn't be making so much that the are paying so much. But they want it both ways. They want to make all the money and not pay any taxes.

What percent do you think is right?

Not just Amazon: 60 big companies paid $0 in taxes under Trump law

How These Fortune 500 Companies (Legally) Paid $0 In Taxes Last Year

Do you think zero is too little? Of course you don't. You'll say they pay plenty of other taxes and you'll say they employ people. That alone should make corporations pay no taxes.

What you don't understand is this shifts the tax burden more onto you.

Here is a great example. We just gave the corporations and rich big tax breaks right? So now we have to fix the roads. Who's going to pay? You and me are

SUNDAY EDITION | Kentucky lawmakers eye gas tax hike for road work

Even though it's their corporate trucks tearing up our roads the most.

We should be making more. They shouldn't be making so much that the are paying so much. But they want it both ways. They want to make all the money and not pay any taxes.

Do you think zero is too little? Of course you don't. You'll say they pay plenty of other taxes and you'll say they employ people. That alone should make corporations pay no taxes.

Here is a great example. We just gave the corporations and rich big tax breaks right? So now we have to fix the roads. Who's going to pay? You and me are

Instead of just finding links and posting them, perhaps you should read them.

The methods to reduce taxes have been going on long before Trump as your article points out. But you changed the subject from wealthy people to corporations; moving the goal posts.

Truck pay tons of road taxes; much more than passenger vehicles. Not only is a road tax included in diesel fuel, we also pay milage taxes on every axle over three. Most tractor-trailers have five axles, and even some dump trucks use five axles because they do haul heavy weight as well.

Michiganders: Rick Snyder is Open to Raising Taxes

Remember Republicans were signing pledges refusing to raise taxes? Well they still refuse to raise taxes on rich people and corporations. But that means YOUR taxes will go up.

How will my taxes go up? You keep making that claim with no evidence that any taxes went up due to the rich. As for corporations, I say let the state tax the hell out of them. Then we have a chance at landing that company in my state and that means more jobs and tax revenue for the state.

This is what each person in Hooterville needs to do. They need to come up with the $2K and get this done themselves. It's not right Republicans are trying to pass a federal bill that would have our tax dollars going towards paying to lay the high speed lines.

Whatever company is going to charge you $80 a month is the company that should be laying the pipe.

And facebook wants to reach people who don't have internet so they can get more members. But they are unwilling to pay to lay the wire. This is what We the People are here for. The only reason I object now is because the people with their hands out hate the federal government. Not enough to pay for their own internet, but they hate it none the less.

Reminds me of this woman

the non rich are paying more than enough in taxes, it's your Heroes the rich who screwed us all.every other modern country is doing a lot better at investment in infrastructure and cheap training and College and that is called opportunity. We have the worst inequality and upward Mobility ever and in the modern world. You might want to think about doing something about that, not cutting taxes on the rich again.

you are brainwashed and cannot talk about anything but federal income taxes. Count all taxes and we have a flat tax system and the country and the Non Rich are going to hell. What do you think worst inequality and upward Mobility ever mean?

But, that all ignores the individuals working for that company. They all have huge tax margins, and have no ability to reduce their tax burden as low as a corporation can. It all comes out in the wash when individuals are taxed.

Forum List

Back