Why is Trump still using his unsecured Android phone?

President Donald Trump hasn't given up his unsecured phone, reported The New York Times.

Sitting next to the US president could be an easily hackable listening device and camera.

That device is the unsecured Android phone used by President Donald Trump, reported The New York Times on Wednesday. Trump was apparently keeping the phone near him and using it to tweet from the White House while watching television.

Trump's use of an unsecured phone comes after an election filled with hacks of the personal communications of Democratic political figures and organizations. Individual phones are easy to hack for anyone motivated enough, security experts say.

"If I can get in and clone your phone, I got you. You won't even know it," said Larry Johnson, a retired US Secret Service agent who now works as chief security officer at CyberSponse.

The Secret Service issued Trump a secured phone for his inauguration. According to Johnson, that phone would have very limited capabilities. President Barack Obama used his Secret Service-issued Blackberry to access the @POTUS Twitter account, so tweeting from a phone is not unheard of from a president. What's potentially dangerous is having the unsecured phone around, as it would be extremely easy to hack, Johnson said.

The White House didn't respond to a request for comment.

Trump using unsecured Android phone, report says

Why is Trump putting the nation at such unnecessary risk by using an unsecured phone?

Well, NaziCons can no longer bash Hillary for supposedly using an unsecured server.

The difference between the two (Trump vs Clinton).....she was conducting state business on hers and including top secret information.......he just openly tweets to the world

President Donald Trump hasn't given up his unsecured phone, reported The New York Times.

Sitting next to the US president could be an easily hackable listening device and camera.

That device is the unsecured Android phone used by President Donald Trump, reported The New York Times on Wednesday. Trump was apparently keeping the phone near him and using it to tweet from the White House while watching television.

Trump's use of an unsecured phone comes after an election filled with hacks of the personal communications of Democratic political figures and organizations. Individual phones are easy to hack for anyone motivated enough, security experts say.

"If I can get in and clone your phone, I got you. You won't even know it," said Larry Johnson, a retired US Secret Service agent who now works as chief security officer at CyberSponse.

The Secret Service issued Trump a secured phone for his inauguration. According to Johnson, that phone would have very limited capabilities. President Barack Obama used his Secret Service-issued Blackberry to access the @POTUS Twitter account, so tweeting from a phone is not unheard of from a president. What's potentially dangerous is having the unsecured phone around, as it would be extremely easy to hack, Johnson said.

Why is Trump putting the nation at such unnecessary risk by using an unsecured phone?
If he is only using the phone to tweet, then nothing is at risk.

Well we better do at least 8 investigations on that one.

From the OP:

Why is Trump still using his unsecured Android phone?
Quite simple really, Congress hasn't yet authorized the $1.5 billion and the 3,000 person staff necessary to install the twitter app on his government issued secure phone, don't worry though, they're working day and night on it.

"The White House announced that it is bringing in the best and brightest tech experts to fix the glitches on the Obamacare website, which is a great plan. You know what would have been a better plan? Hiring the best and brightest tech experts to make the Obamacare website in the first place." -- Jimmy Fallon

Forum List

Back