Why Isn't Whitmer Shutting Down Michigan As The Pandemic Rages There?

Maybe she doesn't want to be assaulted by not so friendly spittel drooling Republicans?
If I were her, I'd be more worried about being assaulted by previously friendly Democrats who are at long last realizing that their Governor got it wrong right from the start and needlessly put thousands of Michigan businesses out of business!
She was just following federal guidelines like all the other states because that has been the plan for a long time.

No she wasn't. She was breaking the law and ordering decrees that weren't constitutional. No justification for what she nor any other state was doing.
The public safety is over individual liberty.
..and the Gestapo Governor determines public safety? What a dimwit.

I like her and will vote for her again and I know many people will as well, and some of them are repbulicans.
Let's play the Down Thumbs game!
Awww did little Frenchie get his feelings hurted???

So what's changed NOW from before? Oh, wait...NOW Joe Biden is in office and not Donald Trump...so shutting down your economy is no longer politically advantageous!
She's talking about doing it again.
Not enough crime I suppose.

Yes the right wingers will get all in a bunch and may have plans to kidnap her again.
Hmmm, are you saying they were effective?

Probably doesn't want to have another plot to kidnap, rape and murder her by her own constituents. Have a good day!

That is certainly a stupid comment, especially since she had shut the state down after the attempt. Those people should get the death penalty for kidnap plot, by the way.
Maybe she doesn't want to be assaulted by not so friendly spittel drooling Republicans?
If I were her, I'd be more worried about being assaulted by previously friendly Democrats who are at long last realizing that their Governor got it wrong right from the start and needlessly put thousands of Michigan businesses out of business!
She was just following federal guidelines like all the other states because that has been the plan for a long time.

No she wasn't. She was breaking the law and ordering decrees that weren't constitutional. No justification for what she nor any other state was doing.

So then with the cases rising to proportions of the worst of the pandemic she is not shutting the state down? Why not? What about public safety over individual liberty?

It is obvious why she shut the state last year and not this year even though her numbers are skyrocketing with no end in sight. It is about her politics not about the people of Michigan.

Its only about the people in MI. And she said to wear Masks and social distance, and not travel to Florida or any other state.

And last year she was considering not allowing people to only purchase necessities and shut parts of stores the than the grocery sections. She was very ambitious and very tough with her citizens, now, she is going against CDC recommendations, which she did not do last year. The only difference is the president in office.

So what's changed NOW from before? Oh, wait...NOW Joe Biden is in office and not Donald Trump...so shutting down your economy is no longer politically advantageous!
She's talking about doing it again.
Not enough crime I suppose.

Yes the right wingers will get all in a bunch and may have plans to kidnap her again.

Doubt it, however you are free rant stupidity.

Probably doesn't want to have another plot to kidnap, rape and murder her by her own constituents. Have a good day!

That is certainly a stupid comment, especially since she had shut the state down after the attempt. Those people should get the death penalty for kidnap plot, by the way.

So then with the cases rising to proportions of the worst of the pandemic she is not shutting the state down? Why not? What about public safety over individual liberty?

It is obvious why she shut the state last year and not this year even though her numbers are skyrocketing with no end in sight. It is about her politics not about the people of Michigan.

Its only about the people in MI. And she said to wear Masks and social distance, and not travel to Florida or any other state.

And last year she was considering not allowing people to only purchase necessities and shut parts of stores the than the grocery sections. She was very ambitious and very tough with her citizens, now, she is going against CDC recommendations, which she did not do last year. The only difference is the president in office.
That is not entirely true.

The other difference is that she already did the shutdowns and going back would be massively unpopular. Before, there was no political cost to shutting down. Now there is a massive one.

The other difference is that she already did the shutdowns and going back would be massively unpopular. Before, there was no political cost to shutting down. Now there is a massive one.

We have a winner!!! She cares more about her politics than she does the people of Michigan. She can't pretend anymore!

We have a winner!!! She cares more about her politics than she does the people of Michigan. She can't pretend anymore!
Well ALL politicians care more about their politics. Would you expect something different?

And unlike New York, they don't have a pretext under which they can jettison her without admitting it's about bad Covid policy.

Well ALL politicians care more about their politics. Would you expect something different?

Good point, I was always of the idea that those we vote into office are to serve the people not their own self interests. I guess we out grew that concept ages ago.

#25: ‘keeping an epidemic around much longer than it normally would have otherwise.’ This reasoning fails for COVID-19 epidemiology because it extrapolates as if it knows how C-19 history will have been written. One good reason for this failure is that there are two differing populations of C-19: a non-natural host (Homo sapiens) population and a natural host/reservoir population circulating, mutating and evolving in Nature.

Good point, I was always of the idea that those we vote into office are to serve the people not their own self interests. I guess we out grew that concept ages ago.
Naive. That has never been the reality since man first engaged in government.

People that seek and obtain power are not the people you ever want to have power hence why one of the core concepts in our government is diffusing that power as much as possible.

If one looks at the constitution, there can be no federal guidelines when it comes to health care.
The federal government was given no authority over health care.
That is because each state obviously has its own and different conditions.

But regardless of the state, "flattening the curve" never works to reduce deaths, and instead greatly increases them by keeping an epidemic around much longer than it normally would have otherwise.

Exactly. The best way is to let the virus go through the populace quickly. Keeping it around longer only allows for it to adapt and overcome.

Forum List

Back