🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why many conservatives find education dangerous

One million people marched in the historic Women’s March on Washington on Saturday, according to initial estimates, in a stunning show of protest on the first full day of the Trump administration.

A sea of peaceful protesters wore pink pussyhats as crowds poured into the streets of downtown DC, easily outnumbering those attending the inauguration on Friday.

Protesting what ?

You can always tell those that never attended college. The professors I had encouraged us to see all sides of an issue. There were conservatives and liberals in my class. I had conservative and liberal professors.
And how long ago was this, exactly? Be honest.

SassyIrishLass
...the Dems cities are like African shitholes--poor education and HIGH crime rates----and they want us to listen to THEM!!!!
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Here is the listing of states with fewest college degrees in population.

• Mississippi.
  • Louisiana.
  • New Mexico.
  • Kentucky.
  • Alabama.
  • Arkansas.
  • Nevada.
  • West Virginia.
Let me guess. All conservative states?

You're a SPECIAL kind of stupid, aincha, boy?

I believe one of the best things a parent can give a child, is a library card, and encourage them to use it.

It's like the standard answer I would get from a teacher about the meaning of a word, "look it up in the dictionary."
Which translates, "Go away and stop bothering me."

There's another more historical angle to why conservatives find education dangerous. Educated Africans that were enslaved were thought of as dangerous. Thats why it was against the law to educate a Black person that was enslaved. It made them uppity and less obedient. For that conservatives will never forgive education.

Ummm you regressive illiberals answer to everything is "da gubmit"
You wingers are so similar its amazing how you arent best friends.
SassyIrishLass
...the Dems cities are like African shitholes--poor education and HIGH crime rates----and they want us to listen to THEM!!!!
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
It's hilarious dumb ass Dems start threads like this when their Dem run school systems are giant failures in spite of sky high school taxes and spending $20k a year on each student. :auiqs.jpg:
Oddly all of the skilled craftsmen that I know are staunchly conservative and republican. I simply do not know any skilled craftsmen who are either democrat or liberal. I know plenty of failed adults who live at home with mom and dad and have degrees but no money to live on though. Hmmm....is that the result of education?

Asclepias
HAHHAHAHAHAHAAH--that's what my second post is about!!!!! --HHAHAHAHAHAH..BLACK teachers CHEATING for the kids---LIBERALS find education dangerous
Puuullllllleeeeeease!!!!!

An educated voter is a liberal voter.
That's why the GOP has been trying to destroy public education for the last 40 years.
if leftists are so educated why in the fuck did they vote for a mush head brain dead fuck like biden?
Because Biden was the best choice to lead this country out of the craphole Cap'n Cheeto dug for our country.
more proof leftists are ignorant little fucks nothing you said is true.
Well, based on
Election results
Economic results
Pandemic results
International relations results

It would seem your Ginormous cranial cavity is full of ginormous cheeto colored turds.
If you believe a 49 year DC politician is your savior and the best choice you are one brain dread fuck.
The fucker has created the problems we have now.
If you forget about the great economy we had for 3 years with President Trump that's not my fault it's you showing your stupidity. I remember all those raises Americans got because of President Trump helping the economy to expand and grow. We became energy independent
And killing the economy was not presidents Trump's fault it was democrat state governors shutting down their state's economy.
Jo like obama is back to kissing the ass of our enemies

A quick short read that nails it. Conservatives think education is brainwashing when in fact education gives one the tools to freely reject poorly supported arguments and bad logic.

There is no mystery why conservatives find education dangerous. A 2015 Pew Research Center study quantified that the better educated one is, the more likely one is to hold liberal beliefs. But I’d argue, contrary to what conservatives seem to feel, that’s not because of bullying professors shouting left-wing dogma. Rather, it’s because once you learn how to think, you’re less susceptible to thin reasoning and easy answers. And increasingly, that’s all conservatism’s got.

“Why many conservatives find education dangerous”​

22499875_211740642698469_4098762246342049792_n.jpg

A quick short read that nails it. Conservatives think education is brainwashing when in fact education gives one the tools to freely reject poorly supported arguments and bad logic.

There is no mystery why conservatives find education dangerous. A 2015 Pew Research Center study quantified that the better educated one is, the more likely one is to hold liberal beliefs. But I’d argue, contrary to what conservatives seem to feel, that’s not because of bullying professors shouting left-wing dogma. Rather, it’s because once you learn how to think, you’re less susceptible to thin reasoning and easy answers. And increasingly, that’s all conservatism’s got.

It's really no wonder why many on the right are so quick to reject science and facts.

It's really no wonder why many on the right are so quick to reject science and facts.
If your beloved critical race theory were a fact it wouldn't be a theory, would it?

I tire of stupidity.

those who think they are smart say some of the most ignorant things

I have my PHD is gender studies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

You can forgive the poorly educated, for they do not know. And they can be fixed by education.
The Trump loyalists know what they're doing, and they just don't care what they're doing to the country.
The poorly "educated" do not know the leftist, idiocy bullshit that "educators" throw at kids all day long. This is why the poorly "educated" are the ones who actually know the truth of what is going on, while the well "educated" are indoctrinated, brain damaged, and too DUPED to know anything.

Biden supporters are who don't care what they are doing to the country, while madman Biden spreads Covid from sea to shining sea, with his flying of unvetted, unvaccinated illegal aliens , and at the same time increasing the crime rates all over the country . As Trump correctly said "They're bringing crime. Bringing drugs. They're rapists." No truer words were ever spoken.

Yes, I love the poorly educated too, because "educated" in US universities means being MISeducated. so the less "educated" you are, the less brainwashed your are.
What Trump said is a lie, pandering to the racist, bigoted, hateful right.
liar
Trump is a liar, as are his supporters, hateful racists and bigots.

SassyIrishLass
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
It's hilarious dumb ass Dems start threads like this when their Dem run school systems are giant failures in spite of sky high school taxes and spending $20k a year on each student. :auiqs.jpg:
Conservatives do not run the school systems because you have to be educated to do so.

There's another more historical angle to why conservatives find education dangerous. Educated Africans that were enslaved were thought of as dangerous. Thats why it was against the law to educate a Black person that was enslaved. It made them uppity and less obedient. For that conservatives will never forgive education.
The most dangerous person in America is a Black with a library card.

You can forgive the poorly educated, for they do not know. And they can be fixed by education.
The Trump loyalists know what they're doing, and they just don't care what they're doing to the country.
The poorly "educated" do not know the leftist, idiocy bullshit that "educators" throw at kids all day long. This is why the poorly "educated" are the ones who actually know the truth of what is going on, while the well "educated" are indoctrinated, brain damaged, and too DUPED to know anything.

Biden supporters are who don't care what they are doing to the country, while madman Biden spreads Covid from sea to shining sea, with his flying of unvetted, unvaccinated illegal aliens , and at the same time increasing the crime rates all over the country . As Trump correctly said "They're bringing crime. Bringing drugs. They're rapists." No truer words were ever spoken.

Yes, I love the poorly educated too, because "educated" in US universities means being MISeducated. so the less "educated" you are, the less brainwashed your are.
What Trump said is a lie, pandering to the racist, bigoted, hateful right.
liar
Trump is a liar, as are his supporters, hateful racists and bigots.
You lie because what you defend and support is nothing but a lie
It is the democrats that are the pushers of racism and are the definition of bigots.
You cannot be honest and defend the democrat party

Forum List

Back