🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why many conservatives find education dangerous

SassyIrishLass
...the Dems cities are like African shitholes--poor education and HIGH crime rates----and they want us to listen to THEM!!!!
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Here is the listing of states with fewest college degrees in population.

• Mississippi.
  • Louisiana.
  • New Mexico.
  • Kentucky.
  • Alabama.
  • Arkansas.
  • Nevada.
  • West Virginia.
Let me guess. All conservative states?

Nowhere near as much as whites and asians cheat.

Whites and Asians don't cheat, because they don't need to, they aren't dum dums.

A quick short read that nails it. Conservatives think education is brainwashing when in fact education gives one the tools to freely reject poorly supported arguments and bad logic.

There is no mystery why conservatives find education dangerous. A 2015 Pew Research Center study quantified that the better educated one is, the more likely one is to hold liberal beliefs. But I’d argue, contrary to what conservatives seem to feel, that’s not because of bullying professors shouting left-wing dogma. Rather, it’s because once you learn how to think, you’re less susceptible to thin reasoning and easy answers. And increasingly, that’s all conservatism’s got.

It is once you learn how to THINK LEFTIST (aka "brainwashing-for those too dumb to see that it is happening to them)") you are less able to think with common sense, and are more apt to succumb to DUPE talk.

In social affairs, the more MISeducated one is, the more likely one is to hold liberal beliefs. Masters and Phd levels are the worst.

Most focused people in social affairs, are those without ANY college, although even these people have been miseducated (and under-educated) at the high school levels also, especially if attending public schools, rampant with liberal brainwashed "teachers".
Another example of faulty conservative conclusion making.

The more formal academic education (especially in public universities) you have, the less grasp of reality you have.

A quick short read that nails it. Conservatives think education is brainwashing when in fact education gives one the tools to freely reject poorly supported arguments and bad logic
As a Conservative I have serious issues with over-education in our current school system as well as slanted education (at both ends of the spectrum).
"As a Conservative I have serious issues with over-education in our current school system"

Please explain.

SassyIrishLass
...the Dems cities are like African shitholes--poor education and HIGH crime rates----and they want us to listen to THEM!!!!
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Here is the listing of states with fewest college degrees in population.

• Mississippi.
  • Louisiana.
  • New Mexico.
  • Kentucky.
  • Alabama.
  • Arkansas.
  • Nevada.
  • West Virginia.
Let me guess. All conservative states?
Nope 75%, so you can stop guessing.

The more formal academic education (especially in public universities) you have, the less grasp of reality you have.
More faulty conservative old guy thinking.

Shouldn't you be watching your yard for kids?

A quick short read that nails it. Conservatives think education is brainwashing when in fact education gives one the tools to freely reject poorly supported arguments and bad logic.

There is no mystery why conservatives find education dangerous. A 2015 Pew Research Center study quantified that the better educated one is, the more likely one is to hold liberal beliefs. But I’d argue, contrary to what conservatives seem to feel, that’s not because of bullying professors shouting left-wing dogma. Rather, it’s because once you learn how to think, you’re less susceptible to thin reasoning and easy answers. And increasingly, that’s all conservatism’s got.

couple of points, the op-ed either intentionally lies or simply is uneducated to the facts. The Gov didn’t ban CRT from FL classrooms. The Board of Education banned it from grade school where it has no bases to be taught. It certainly can be taught in colleges.

Conservatives think education is dangerous? Liberals are convinced that math is racist. Music notes are racist. Getting correct answers is racist.

And yet you guys continue to whine and snivel about 'indoctrination' when people are merely informed of actual history, actual science, actual evidence.

Teaching kids about say, real estate redlining, or Washington advocating the beating of his slaves, or the Tuskegee experiments, or the 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre.....and you guys shit your pants that children are being taught to 'hate America'.

You don't argue that these things didn't happen.....only that we shouldn't teach kids about them.

As I said.....the less education you have, the better you are at being a conservative.

Conservatives hate education because it forces them to consider thoughts other than the ones they were given by Drumpf.
You lie. Most of you dumb asses on the left can't balance a checkbook or change a tire. No wonder so many of you end up on the public dole mooching off taxpayers. Get a real job losers.

Conservatives hate education because it forces them to consider thoughts other than the ones they were given by Drumpf.
You lie. Most of you dumb asses on the left can't balance a checkbook or change a tire. No wonder so many of you end up on the public dole mooching off taxpayers. Get a real job losers.
"can't balance a checkbook or change a tire"

Thats a different kind of education. The OP is referring to one that requires thinking instead of rote memorization. Conservatives hate actual thinking. It gives them a headache.

couple of points, the op-ed either intentionally lies or simply is uneducated to the facts. The Gov didn’t ban CRT from FL classrooms. The Board of Education banned it from grade school where it has no bases to be taught. It certainly can be taught in colleges.

Are you sure?

"Gov. Ron DeSantis signed three education bills Tuesday that direct how civics is taught in Florida public schools and universities, including one bill that seeks to assess "viewpoint diversity" on college campuses.

The three bills — House Bill 5, House Bill 233 and Senate Bill 1108 — target how civics education and debate topics will be discussed from kindergarten through higher education."

Please explain
I’ll give you a personal example…

I knew what I was going to college for by the middle of my Sophomore year in high school. To that end I made sure to excel in Geometry. I also skipped Chemistry and took Physics my Junioryear.

As I was planning my nice, cushy Senior year schedule I got constantly harassed by teachers and guidance counselors about having chosen not to take Chenistry or Calculus. Even after having explained to them that I didn’t need them. It literally required a threat by my parents to keep the school from scheduling me into those classes.

I didn’t need those classes and didn’t want to waste my time on them. Far too often I see kids pushed to take both academic and elective classes that they don’t need or which have no applicability to what their lives are going to be after high school. Colleges are often even far worse about it.

I can do both. And run a business.

You're not talking education. You're talking indoctrination.

Carry on, Neo-Marxist chump.....

Are you sure?

"Gov. Ron DeSantis signed three education bills Tuesday that direct how civics is taught in Florida public schools and universities, including one bill that seeks to assess "viewpoint diversity" on college campuses.

The three bills — House Bill 5, House Bill 233 and Senate Bill 1108 — target how civics education and debate topics will be discussed from kindergarten through higher education."

yes as it relates to CRT, as the op-ed discussed

Liberals teach that the ancient Greeks were black. Cleopatra was black. King Richard was black. The most recent is that Eisenhower was black. The Four Corners in the United States is the capitol of Aztlan. The Treaty of Guadalupe is a forgery. The Gadsen Purchase never happened. Sally Hemmings was raped by Thomas Jefferson. Lie after lie after lie. Then complaining that rejecting those lies is a lack of education.

Forum List

Back