Why more and more people distrust Biden and the BIASED MSM..."GA bans volunteers from delivering water, etc. BIG ASS LIE!

Why would ANYONE who is handing out food or water have to fear... and here are the key words...

IF THE PERSON IS NOT SOLICITING ANY DONATION, VOTE, SIGNATURE,ETC..
In other words, if there are NO strings attached, no Tit-for-Tat, no wearing of anything identifying the donor with any cause, politics etc.
You can donate water...
AGAIN.. the bill...
No person shall solicit votes [or] distribute or display any campaign material, nor shall any person give, offer to give, or participate in the giving of any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and drink, to [a voter] …
This Code section shall not be construed to prohibit a poll officer…from making available self-service water from an unattended receptacle to [a voter] waiting in line to vote.

Pretty clear to most logical, rational people.

I suffer from a disability that requires me to constantly be drinking water at all times or I will get a kidney stone.

I take water with me everywhere.

Since this whole pandemic started and these mask mandates have started? It has been a particular pain in the ass.

I really don't have any sympathy. . . none at all for folks bitching about not letting campaigns give them water. It is not that damn hard to take a water bottle with you. It really isn't.

It is stupid and silly.

If states want to prohibit the passing out of food and water by volunteers to keep campaigns from politicking around the polls? That is just fine.

Anyone that is bitching about it is a disingenuous partisan hack.
Fyi, the bitch was not about campaigns giving water to people who have to spend hours in line, waiting to vote.

Its been illegal for campaigns to campaign in the voter lines or within 150 of the polling place for a while....

The bitch is about making it illegal for anyone to hand out water to them.....

Maybe this was not the legislature's intention, but it is what the new law states.
Hey. You are better than that.

They made it illegal for someone being allowed to electioneer by offering something of value. The law allowed for deputized polling officials to offer water....what they tried to stop was water bottles saying "vote for Jane Doe" within 150 feet of a polling place.

I know it means little to you. I am OK with it. But your recent posts have made me feel differently about your agenda. I thought you were sincere...and I told you that....but for you to write this post? You are from from sincere.

I am disappointed. I know....you dont care about my disappointment. But I do.
good morning SC
Electioneering and campaigning within 150 yards from the polling place has been the law and illegal.... So what was the purpose of the new law?

And this new law, made it illegal for anyone to give out water or food to those waiting hours in line, not just those campaign workers.

That may not have been their intention, but it is how the law is written and interpreted by legal scholars.
It was written because it was noticed that people not affiliated with the poll were giving out water to people on line to vote during the Georgia senate re election. No big deal, but some people on line said they were being told they should vote one was over another. REP? DEM? I don't know....but there was never a law in Georgia that PREVENTED people from using the excuse of "offering basic needs" to voters on line....so Georgia said "we will offer water, but those not deputized as election officials can not". No freaking deal. Mkaes snese. Do you want Eric Trump giving water to voters with a bottle with Donalds face on it and saying "vote trump and you will get free stuff"?

As for your legAL scholars....they are no different than the LEGAL scholars that say otherwise.
Georgia did not mandate the water being given out in the law by polling places...it simply says THEY COULD do such. It left it up to the poll workers... If they are busy, they likely will not have a poll worker free to do such.... Or the polling place will have to pay extra for an additional poll worker to be a water boy, and buy bottles of water to set up outside at different intervals.... Its not like you can leave your place in line to walk to one of these water set up receptacles set up at the entry door...

Do you have a link for your claim that voters in line complained the water givers were campaigning and trying to convince voters to change their votes?
That is unfair.
You are saying the people in polling places have the right to deny people water.
So you are saying people want to see people suffer.
How can I respond to that?
This is a debate that has assumptions on your part that people have evil intentions.
How can I debate that?
FYI....poll workers are of all backgrounds. Here in SC? They are Jewish, Catholic, Black, White, Asian.....no agenda. Just there to make sure the voters are comfortable. They attest to doing that.

All Georgia wanted was to make sure that non deputized individuals had the ability to electioneer within the 150 foot perimeter.

And it seems your response is "those deputized individuals will allow people to suffer dehydration"

Sorry ....but that is an insult to human compassion and an insult to my integrity.

Go for it if it makes you feel good. Me? No interest. Based on our interaction, You are a fraud and I am ashamed I reached out to you personally.
Are you saying every polling place is going to buy bottled water by the case and store them at each polling place just in case they end up having a long line with hours of wait?

The law states NO ONE can pass out water or food 150 ft from poll.... A misdemeanor if anyone does.
And there's the rub. Beyond 150 feet there's no problem. You act like this law will force someone a quarter mile away, fainting from the heat, to die on the sidewalk. That's ridiculous.
That's not true. It states
"any voter in line"
read the fucking law as it pertains to existing law you dumbass.

God dam mother fuckers....all you do is listen to talking heads and have no idea about reality.

Why?

Because Rachel Maddow knows you are too dam fucking stupid to understand reality.

And I hate to say it....but that fucking asshole is correct.

I suffer from a disability that requires me to constantly be drinking water at all times or I will get a kidney stone.

I take water with me everywhere.

Since this whole pandemic started and these mask mandates have started? It has been a particular pain in the ass.

I really don't have any sympathy. . . none at all for folks bitching about not letting campaigns give them water. It is not that damn hard to take a water bottle with you. It really isn't.

It is stupid and silly.

If states want to prohibit the passing out of food and water by volunteers to keep campaigns from politicking around the polls? That is just fine.

Anyone that is bitching about it is a disingenuous partisan hack.
Fyi, the bitch was not about campaigns giving water to people who have to spend hours in line, waiting to vote.

Its been illegal for campaigns to campaign in the voter lines or within 150 of the polling place for a while....

The bitch is about making it illegal for anyone to hand out water to them.....

Maybe this was not the legislature's intention, but it is what the new law states.
Hey. You are better than that.

They made it illegal for someone being allowed to electioneer by offering something of value. The law allowed for deputized polling officials to offer water....what they tried to stop was water bottles saying "vote for Jane Doe" within 150 feet of a polling place.

I know it means little to you. I am OK with it. But your recent posts have made me feel differently about your agenda. I thought you were sincere...and I told you that....but for you to write this post? You are from from sincere.

I am disappointed. I know....you dont care about my disappointment. But I do.
good morning SC
Electioneering and campaigning within 150 yards from the polling place has been the law and illegal.... So what was the purpose of the new law?

And this new law, made it illegal for anyone to give out water or food to those waiting hours in line, not just those campaign workers.

That may not have been their intention, but it is how the law is written and interpreted by legal scholars.
It was written because it was noticed that people not affiliated with the poll were giving out water to people on line to vote during the Georgia senate re election. No big deal, but some people on line said they were being told they should vote one was over another. REP? DEM? I don't know....but there was never a law in Georgia that PREVENTED people from using the excuse of "offering basic needs" to voters on line....so Georgia said "we will offer water, but those not deputized as election officials can not". No freaking deal. Mkaes snese. Do you want Eric Trump giving water to voters with a bottle with Donalds face on it and saying "vote trump and you will get free stuff"?

As for your legAL scholars....they are no different than the LEGAL scholars that say otherwise.
Georgia did not mandate the water being given out in the law by polling places...it simply says THEY COULD do such. It left it up to the poll workers... If they are busy, they likely will not have a poll worker free to do such.... Or the polling place will have to pay extra for an additional poll worker to be a water boy, and buy bottles of water to set up outside at different intervals.... Its not like you can leave your place in line to walk to one of these water set up receptacles set up at the entry door...

Do you have a link for your claim that voters in line complained the water givers were campaigning and trying to convince voters to change their votes?
That is unfair.
You are saying the people in polling places have the right to deny people water.
So you are saying people want to see people suffer.
How can I respond to that?
This is a debate that has assumptions on your part that people have evil intentions.
How can I debate that?
FYI....poll workers are of all backgrounds. Here in SC? They are Jewish, Catholic, Black, White, Asian.....no agenda. Just there to make sure the voters are comfortable. They attest to doing that.

All Georgia wanted was to make sure that non deputized individuals had the ability to electioneer within the 150 foot perimeter.

And it seems your response is "those deputized individuals will allow people to suffer dehydration"

Sorry ....but that is an insult to human compassion and an insult to my integrity.

Go for it if it makes you feel good. Me? No interest. Based on our interaction, You are a fraud and I am ashamed I reached out to you personally.
Are you saying every polling place is going to buy bottled water by the case and store them at each polling place just in case they end up having a long line with hours of wait?

The law states NO ONE can pass out water or food 150 ft from poll.... A misdemeanor if anyone does.
And there's the rub. Beyond 150 feet there's no problem. You act like this law will force someone a quarter mile away, fainting from the heat, to die on the sidewalk. That's ridiculous.
That's not true. It states
"any voter in line"
read the fucking law as it pertains to existing law you dumbass.

God dam mother fuckers....all you do is listen to talking heads and have no idea about reality.

Why?

Because Rachel Maddow knows you are too dam fucking stupid to understand reality.

And I hate to say it....but that fucking asshole is correct.
The Dembots are pretty lazy it terms of educating themselves....they aren't going to actual read the law, or for that matter listen to anyone about the law besides the propagandist that tell them and spoon feed them what they want them to know.

It's tragic

Poll workers and other people in line can give out water.

ONLY CAMPAIGN WORKERS CANNOT GIVE OUT ANYTHING OF VALUE, LEST IT BE CONSIDERED A BRIBE.

Not to mention, Campaign workers must stay like 150 feet away from the poll.

Sooooo.....Biden fucking lied at his “presser” as is every single leftist who said GEORGIA MADE IT ILLEGAL TO GIVE PEOPLE WATER!

Fuck you leftist liars
Democrats believe making buying votes illegal is wrong.
You guys are confused. The threat author says it's just not true that water is prohibited, and you said it's true and it's perfect. Which one is it?
water is not prohibited.
Yes it is.
Completely false. Folks are allowed to bring water...folks are free to donate water to the polling station and make it available to anyone who wants water, beyond the 150 feet, folks are even free to hand it out to people if they aren't waiting in line yet.

YOU LIE
Who the hell arrives at a police station thirsty before going online? You get thirsty because you wait a long time. You dumb f***
Who's talking about police stations and going online?

This is about polling stations. A couple points about that, 1) people should learn to be prepared, they know they are going to a polling station..,which might be quite different about knowing if you are going to a police station 2) water can be given to you by anyone if you don't prepare (so long as iit's given to you 150 feet before the polling station) 3) if within the 150 feet, or if you are in line beyond that, the polling station can have it for you, to get yourself...and anyone can donate water to the station to make available.

Regarding long lines...this law actually goes a long way to fix the issue. Prior to the law, the State could only get involved AFTER the fact, after the election. The polling stations are run by localities, and frankly where the long lines were, were dem controlled areas...in and around ATL.

Now that the law has passed, the State can act in real time, and address the issues by adding more machines, or more polling stations....here's the new law: If, at the previous general election, a precinct contained more than 2,000 electors and if [voters] desiring to vote on the day of the election had to wait in line for more than one hour before checking in to vote, the superintendent shall either reduce the size of such precinct so that it shall contain not more than 2,000 electors…or provide additional voting equipment or poll workers, or both, before the next general election….The chief manager of a precinct which contained more than 2,000 electors at the previous general election shall submit a report thereof to the superintendent of the reported time from entering the line to checking in to vote. Such wait time shall be measured no fewer than three different times throughout the day (in the morning, at midday, and prior to the close of polls) and such results shall be recorded on a form provided by the Secretary of State.
The purpose is to SUPPRESS the vote and nothing more. Closing the polling stations at 5 pm so that workers can't make it to the polls? Totally unnecessary to legislate all of a sudden. He should be making it easier to vote. We all know what he is trying to do regardless of the excuses you make for his actions.
But it expands voting....early voting for example...and allows the State to come in before the fact now, and add polling stations and machines

I have not seen that the law changes the time the polls close to 5pm. What I have seen is that the polling stations can start tabulating absentee ballots earlier..two weeks eariler, and that all, including votes on election day, start being counted non-stop after the polls close and be done by 5pm the following day.

In actual fact, it does NOT mandate polls closing by 5 pm. What it does is require sparsely-populated areas, where the people who work on elections would normally only be part-time, to have polls open at least 8 hours a day, which some places were not doing previously.
Good...so it actually EXPANDS voting.....like I said
Poll workers and other people in line can give out water.

ONLY CAMPAIGN WORKERS CANNOT GIVE OUT ANYTHING OF VALUE, LEST IT BE CONSIDERED A BRIBE.

Not to mention, Campaign workers must stay like 150 feet away from the poll.

Sooooo.....Biden fucking lied at his “presser” as is every single leftist who said GEORGIA MADE IT ILLEGAL TO GIVE PEOPLE WATER!

Fuck you leftist liars
Democrats believe making buying votes illegal is wrong.
You guys are confused. The threat author says it's just not true that water is prohibited, and you said it's true and it's perfect. Which one is it?
water is not prohibited.
Yes it is.
Completely false. Folks are allowed to bring water...folks are free to donate water to the polling station and make it available to anyone who wants water, beyond the 150 feet, folks are even free to hand it out to people if they aren't waiting in line yet.

YOU LIE
Who the hell arrives at a police station thirsty before going online? You get thirsty because you wait a long time. You dumb f***
If you have 159 counties in a state the size of GA, there is a county in virtually every back yard. You have early voting and absentee voting for all in GA. If you wait in a line--YOU are the dumb f***!
That is not for you, oh brilliant one, to say. People choose to stand in line because it is simple. You stand, drink water and eat, and then vote. If people want to be a "dumb fuck", so be it. I stood in line for 3 hours in this last election, because Trump was fucking around with the Postal system to suppress the vote. Everybody has their own reasons.
Good for you! You should go vote on election day if you are in town and aren't disabled! I did too! I didn't have to wait in line...it took me all over 10 mins start to finish...then again i went early, and my town is run by republicans who are capable of running a poll station.

Trump didn't do anything to the postal system in regards to the election...that was just another hoax pushed by the left and their propagandist.....it does look though, that since the Xiden-Harris admin took over they are going to ignore the recommendations that were asked some time ago to put into place to save the Postal service....instead we are going to now get, higher fees, and longer delays...
My town is also run by Republicans and it had nothing to do with what they know.
No, he fucked with the postal system. Removed drop boxes and automatic polling machines, reduced staff and overtime during an election year, hired a person with 0 experience to run the Postal system. Get real
in
The post office doesn't run poling machines or voting drop boxes...try again.

The President doesn't hire the Post Master General.

And the Post Office was, and still is going massively broke...the Trump Admin, well before the Election, and before Covid...put into place recommendations made in 2019, as reported to Congress by the IG https://www.uspsoig.gov/document/fall-2019-semiannual-report-congress-0
C'mon, guy. The post office doesn't run polling machines-correct. Wrong terminology. However, it does control overtime, employee layoffs. and hours of operation. The Postmaster General was the choice of Trump and who does the actual hiring is irrelevant. However, I did "try again".
Sorting Equipment Removed, Postal Police Duties Scaled ...
https://www.forbes.com › alisondurkee › 2020/08/17

Aug 17, 2020 — The postal service has been undergoing sweeping changes under new Postmaster General Louis DeJoy.

Yes, come on...you were wrong on everyone of your points...the Postmaster General is hired by the Board of Govs

The Post Office was, and is losing billions of dollars..to survive, layoffs and, hours have to be cut...it's been going on for years...the plan that was being put into place, was known, known to Congress, and came before DeJoy was selected.

Massive layoffs in 2011 (during the Obama Xiden regime) https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...rvices-job-cuts/2011/03/23/ABJfc6MB_blog.html

220K employees cut in 2011: StackPath

Obama and Xiden removed over 12K mail drop boxes during the regime: Did the Obama Administration Remove USPS Mailboxes? | Snopes.com

Come on MAN! Why don;t you stop just repeating propaganda and actually learn the facts????
Funny how all this occurred just before the election, yes? It was done to suppress the counting of mail-in ballots. Again, who appoints the Postmaster General is irrelevant and this guy was inexperienced and a big donor to Trump. Wake up!
What Obama may have done was strictly to reign in costs and had no political implications. The blob never gave a shit about costs because he does not know how to manage money or care.
Trump pulled the same shit with polling stations.
You pound the same points over and over. There is little voter suppression. What there is... is a question of who is voting. Treating voters as babies is insane. Most minority areas are well served and backed by the voting organizations. We are becoming les and less intelligent in tis nation. Part of it is because of this endless propaganda and guilt machines that are destroying us. Our industrial and technical might is in declines in many avenues. Other nations are building more impressive infrastructures then us now. The costs are expensive for what we create and build. What we are going to is a "slow down" and take it easy nation. Just like Progs want us to do to get more and more votes. Remember this when more of the responsible people say screw it, I am slowing down also. And that happens when nations die.

Any person who…in respect of any election during the hours of voting…gives or provides, or causes to be given or provided, or shall pay, wholly or in part, for any meat, drink, tobacco, refreshment or provision to or for any person, other than [poll workers and other voting officials], except any such meat, drink, tobacco, refreshment or provision having a retail value of less than one dollar, which is given or provided to any person in a polling place without any identification of the person or entity supplying such provisions, is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor. N.Y. Elec. Law § 17-140

I take that back....NY is far more strict....
Looks like water is excepted there genius
No...water is "drink" - - what do you think the retail price of a bottle of water is in NYC?
If the argument comes down to pennies...no one is going to enforce dumbass
So the argument now is enforcement, not the law? So how do you even know if anyone with enforce the law in GA?

it appears then your argument our outrage about the GA Law then is...faux.
Clearly since they put a dollar limit they were excluding water. The law needs to be updated to reflect

Any person who…in respect of any election during the hours of voting…gives or provides, or causes to be given or provided, or shall pay, wholly or in part, for any meat, drink, tobacco, refreshment or provision to or for any person, other than [poll workers and other voting officials], except any such meat, drink, tobacco, refreshment or provision having a retail value of less than one dollar, which is given or provided to any person in a polling place without any identification of the person or entity supplying such provisions, is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor. N.Y. Elec. Law § 17-140

No...water is "drink" - - what do you think the retail price of a bottle of water is in NYC?
So the argument now is enforcement, not the law? So how do you even know if anyone with enforce the law in GA?

Clearly since they put a dollar limit they were excluding water. The law needs to be updated to reflect
Wow. You listen too much to the talking heads and you refuse to actually read the law..
Stop looking silly and actually read the law

oh so now you are going to infer the intent of the legislature...why wouldn't they of just then said water? They didn't.

The state legislature in Minn banned water...or frankly any contact as well...where was this outrage?

Refer to: Georgia Voting Law: Full Text - The New York Times (nytimes.com)
The NY Times published alleges their transcript is a true quote derived from Georgia’s senate bill 202. Their second person quote is no more authoritative than any links to published second person quotes provided within some of this thread’s posts. But the NY Times quote alleges to be the full text of the Georgia bill.

The wording of the bill’s section #33, lines 1867 through 1889 enable Georgia’s election officials to (correctly or incorrectly) determine that persons on voting lines are being illegally enticed or bribed with food, or water, or other beverages, for the purposes of changing voters’ intended choices. Election officials and poll-workers can then deny such support to persons on the voting lines.
Regarding to secondary sub-topic that’s arisen within this thread, Georgia’s election officials and poll-workers can then also prevent hot-dog or pizza venders from providing such support to persons on voting lines.

Of course, you all who believe otherwise, can search the 2,512-line bill for wording that support your opinions. Respectfully, Supposn

See the attached Google search on "GA bill prohibits water" over 2,550,000 stories lies!
FACTS and reality!
Biden said "“You can’t provide water for people about to vote”
And the biased MSM as you can see below as well as Biden are total LIARS!
WHAT is ILLEGAL is the democrat vote solicitor who holds a bottle of water in front of the voter and says.."are you thirsty?... OK if you vote for Biden I'll give you this water"!! THAT's what is illegal!
But of course people like MSM and Biden are just so stupid and say you can't get water if you are standing in voting line!
HOW dumb!
Let’s take a look at what S.B. 202 actually says:
No person shall solicit votes [or] distribute or display any campaign material, nor shall any person give, offer to give, or participate in the giving of any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and drink, to [a voter]
This Code section shall not be construed to prohibit a poll officer…from making available self-service water from an unattended receptacle to [a voter] waiting in line to vote.
The parts in bold are what S.B. 202 added to the statute.

Now, first of all, notice what is not prohibited here.
Voters can still bring bottled water or other food or beverages with them to stand on line to vote, as people often do when waiting at Disney World or to buy concert tickets or in other public places where people stand on long lines.
Voters can still also, if they like, order food; the bill doesn’t stop the Domino’s Pizza man or the local hot dog cart or taco truck from doing business.
And if you feel impelled to donate food and drink to voters, you can still do that, too; you just have to give it to the poll workers so they can put it out for general use.
The president’s claim that “You can’t provide water for people about to vote” is just false.
And the MSM again LIES... See below!

View attachment 473693

The trouble is that none of it happened. The people who were delivering food and water were non-partisan volunteers. They didn't ask who they were voting for or tell them to vote a certain way. The claim is true whether you wanht to acknowledge the truth or not. No other state has such a law. Even Lidsay Graham says it makes no sense.

It's no lie.

It used to be only campaign material was prohibited. Food and water were indeed added. The addition is completely idiotic. "Food" was one of the search terms I used when viewing the bill yesterday.
( Georgia republicans just made water an illegal substance )

View attachment 473699

This is the BIG ASS LIE...Biden said "You can’t provide water for people about to vote”
That's the BIG LIE
The GA bill does NOT say you can't provide water for voters.
THAT is a BIG LIE...
From the above example bill:
1827 for the purpose of encouraging voter participation in the election being conducted or from
1828 making available self-service water from an unattended receptacle to an elector waiting in
1829 line to vote.

Where in the above is there any reference to what Biden said: "You can’t provide water for people about to vote”
No where! That is the BIG LIE!

Yes it does you lying weasel. Georgia is the only state that does that. You are the BIG LIAR!

Why would ANYONE who is handing out food or water have to fear... and here are the key words... IF THE PERSON IS NOT SOLICITING ANY DONATION, VOTE, SIGNATURE,ETC..
In other words, if there are NO strings attached, no Tit-for-Tat, no wearing of anything identifying the donor with any cause, politics etc.
You can donate water...
AGAIN.. the bill... No person shall solicit votes [or] distribute or display any campaign material, nor shall any person give, offer to give, or participate in the giving of any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and drink, to [a voter] …

Healthmyths, prior to the law being passed, were great many Georgians on voting lines being illegally enticed or bribed with food, or water, or other beverages, for the purposes of changing their intended choices of candidates?
Georgia’s Republican majority legislators passed new election laws for the purpose of reducing numbers of votes cast with in Georgia elections. Republicans are motivated by their believing high voter turnout favors Democratic candidates. Respectfully, Supposn

Why would ANYONE who is handing out food or water have to fear... and here are the key words... IF THE PERSON IS NOT SOLICITING ANY DONATION, VOTE, SIGNATURE,ETC..
You can donate water...
AGAIN.. the bill... No person shall solicit votes [or] distribute or display any campaign material, nor shall any person give, offer to give, or participate in the giving of any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and drink, to [a voter] …

Healthmyths, prior to the law being passed, were great many Georgians on voting lines being illegally enticed or bribed with food, or water, or other beverages, for the purposes of changing their intended choices of candidates?
Georgia’s Republican majority legislators passed new election laws for the purpose of reducing numbers of votes cast with in Georgia elections. Republicans are motivated by their believing high voter turnout favors Democratic candidates. Respectfully, Supposn
I don't know about that "enticement" issue on the voting lines? DO YOU? Were you there? Did you see any?
That is totally YOUR subjective opinion. Besides again there were NO rules against bringing your own water PLUS again read the BILL!
No person shall solicit votes [or] distribute or display any campaign material, nor shall any person give, offer to give, or participate in the giving of any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and drink, to [a voter] …
This Code section
shall not be construed to prohibit a poll officer…from making available self-service water from an unattended receptacle to [a voter] waiting in line to vote.

I don't know about that "enticement" issue on the voting lines? DO YOU? Were you there? Did you see any?
That is totally YOUR subjective opinion. Besides again there were NO rules against bringing your own water PLUS again read the BILL!
This Code section
shall not be construed to prohibit a poll officer…from making available self-service water from an unattended receptacle to [a voter] waiting in line to vote.
Healthmyths, you and I, an apparently no one else knows of "enticement" issue on the voting lines because they have not happened.
Has anyone in Georgia been convicted of illegally attempting to entice or bribe persons on voting lines with food, or water, or other beverages for the purposes of changing voters’ intended choices? Has anyone in Georgia ever been even arrested and brought to trial for any such similar attempt to interfere with an election?

If you provide water or food to a voter in line you are now breaking the law.

That is exactly what the law says.

YOU are the liar

Polling places will be furnishing free water to those on the voting lines. No political polling within 150 feet of a polling place.. Sounds good to me.

Polling places will be furnishing free water to those on the voting lines. No political polling within 150 feet of a polling place.. Sounds good to me.
Doc7505, Healthmyths initial post’s quote coincides with the NY Times transcript, “This Code section shall not be construed to prohibit a poll officer…from making available self-service water from an unattended receptacle to [a voter] waiting in line to vote”.
That wording does not require election officials and poll-workers to provide such self-service water dispensers available at election polling locations for people waiting on voting lines. Georgia’s election officials and poll-workers are legally empowered to effectively deny access to drinking water for persons waiting on voting lines.
Respectfully, Supposn

See the attached Google search on "GA bill prohibits water" over 2,550,000 stories lies!
FACTS and reality!
Biden said "“You can’t provide water for people about to vote”
And the biased MSM as you can see below as well as Biden are total LIARS!
WHAT is ILLEGAL is the democrat vote solicitor who holds a bottle of water in front of the voter and says.."are you thirsty?... OK if you vote for Biden I'll give you this water"!! THAT's what is illegal!
But of course people like MSM and Biden are just so stupid and say you can't get water if you are standing in voting line!
HOW dumb!
Let’s take a look at what S.B. 202 actually says:
No person shall solicit votes [or] distribute or display any campaign material, nor shall any person give, offer to give, or participate in the giving of any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and drink, to [a voter]
The parts in bold are what S.B. 202 added to the statute.

Now, first of all, notice what is not prohibited here.
Voters can still bring bottled water or other food or beverages with them to stand on line to vote, as people often do when waiting at Disney World or to buy concert tickets or in other public places where people stand on long lines.
Voters can still also, if they like, order food; the bill doesn’t stop the Domino’s Pizza man or the local hot dog cart or taco truck from doing business.
And if you feel impelled to donate food and drink to voters, you can still do that, too; you just have to give it to the poll workers so they can put it out for general use.
The president’s claim that “You can’t provide water for people about to vote” is just false.
And the MSM again LIES... See below!

View attachment 473693

The trouble is that none of it happened. The people who were delivering food and water were non-partisan volunteers. They didn't ask who they were voting for or tell them to vote a certain way. The claim is true whether you wanht to acknowledge the truth or not. No other state has such a law. Even Lidsay Graham says it makes no sense.
you know that as fact?

When you go to vote, you are not going out for breakfast or lunch. You are going to vote. Period.

If it is hot, you bring a bottle of water with you if you feel you will need it. What's the big fucking deal

This whole outrage is nothing more than partisan crap.

The whole idea is to ENSURE there is no electioneering.....not to prevent people from eating and drinking.

And I believe you know that. And if you don't? Than you are as dumb as dogshit.

Doc7505, Healthmyths initial post’s quote coincides with the NY Times transcript, “This Code section shall not be construed to prohibit a poll officer…from making available self-service water from an unattended receptacle to [a voter] waiting in line to vote”.
That wording does not require election officials and poll-workers to provide such self-service water dispensers available at election polling locations for people waiting on voting lines. Georgia’s election officials and poll-workers are legally empowered to effectively deny access to drinking water for persons waiting on voting lines.
Respectfully, Supposn

Disrespectfully Supposn... YOU are truly ignorant.
Q) Where do most if not all in person voting take place?
A) In public access facilities.
Q) What public facility are you aware of that doesn't have water fountains?
A) I've never been in a public access building that doesn't have water fountains. In fact in GA, here are the laws.
COMMENTARY ON & ANALYSIS OF THE 2010 DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT STANDARDS FOR ACCESSIBLE DESIGN, 1994 DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE ADA STANDARDS FOR ACCESSIBLE DESIGN & 1997 GEORGIA ACCESSIBILITY CODE
There are 41 times when "water fountains" is used and all are required.
If as you erroneously write: "Georgia’s election officials and poll-workers are legally empowered to effectively deny access to drinking water for persons waiting on voting lines."
Q)
Where in SB 202 are election and poll-workers empowered to prevent you from access to the drinking fountains?

This whole situation makes it clear. The left will complain about anything a GOP legislature does....even if it makes sense.

What pisses me off is that the President of The United States lied to his base for political expediency and at the cost of the well being of Georgian residents.

I read the legislation. Apparently he did too. There is nothing racist in there whatsoever and at worst, ot opens the door to longer voting time and only closes the door to electioneering.

Yet he said it was "Jim Eagle"...whatever that means.

So it is one of three things...

The President of the United States commented on a state legislation without reading it

Or

The President of the United States read the legislation and spun it as a bad thing for political gain

Or

The President of the united States read it and was too fucking stupid to understand it.

No matter what the reason...I say we are fucked. Totally fucked.

Healthmyths, Georgia’s Republican majority legislators’ alleged reason for passing their “Election Integrity Act of 2021” was due to Georgia’s “General Assembly finding “Following the 2018 and 2020 there was “a significant lack of confidence in Georgia election systems …”. Among those not indifferent to the new law’s, passage, I suppose there are there’s a greater plurality of voters confident, rather than of lesser confident of Georgia’s vote counts’ validity. (Many Georgian Republican and Democratic voters will be outraged when incidences of the law’s incorrect enforcement occur).

Republican legislators were motivated by the increasing proportions of Democratic voters and to placate Donald Trump’s more radical and paranoid supporters. Consequentially, I hope and expect that Georgia Democrats’ increasing pluralities will additionally grow at accelerated rates in future elections.

Respectfully, Supposn

Healthmyths, Georgia’s Republican majority legislators’ alleged reason for passing their “Election Integrity Act of 2021” was due to Georgia’s “General Assembly finding “Following the 2018 and 2020 there was “a significant lack of confidence in Georgia election systems …”. Among those not indifferent to the new law’s, passage, I suppose there are there’s a greater plurality of voters confident, rather than of lesser confident of Georgia’s vote counts’ validity. (Many Georgian Republican and Democratic voters will be outraged when incidences of the law’s incorrect enforcement occur).

Republican legislators were motivated by the increasing proportions of Democratic voters and to placate Donald Trump’s more radical and paranoid supporters. Consequentially, I hope and expect that Georgia Democrats’ increasing pluralities will additionally grow at accelerated rates in future elections.

Respectfully, Supposn
So disrespectfully Supposn you didn't ANSWER the direct point made by you, the Democrats, Biden and the MSM... the bill forbids water!
And of course the even bigger lie is this
Biden falsely claims the new Georgia law ‘ends voting hours early’
Everything you wrote MAY BE true, but what is obvious is you haven't answered the big LIE that Washington Post called Biden on with Four Pinocchios.
One could understand a flub in a news conference. But then this same claim popped up in an official presidential statement. Not a single expert we consulted who has studied the law understood why Biden made this claim, as this was the section of law that expanded early voting for many Georgians.
Somehow Biden managed to turn that expansion into a restriction aimed at working people, calling it “among the outrageous parts” of the law. There’s no evidence that is the case. The president earns Four Pinocchios.
Screen Shot 2021-04-04 at 10.24.01 AM.png

Last edited:

Forum List

Back