Why not impose Hard Price Controls on Colleges?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I'm against price controls in any way because I know they can destroy entire industries but imposing price controls on colleges might be a good idea to control the price of school. Many colleges recieve money from many other sources than tuition so why not just impose price control on tuition rates?

I'm against price controls in any way because I know they can destroy entire industries but imposing price controls on colleges might be a good idea to control the price of school. Many colleges recieve money from many other sources than tuition so why not just impose price control on tuition rates?
How about solving the problem, instead of making it worse?

Never vote far left!

That will solve most problems!

never send anyone to college .... keep them stupid enough to vote for Republicans.

In theory that works. In reality it won't. Make he max amount of student loans a semester $2500 and the max amount amount of loans at $25000. You entire disbursement goes directly to tuition.

See the funding go down and see tuition go down as well.

Put 0% rates on the loans. Make it payable over 5 or 10 years. It would be maybe $100 a month.

Expound

The problem in America to day is we view colleges as an end all guarantee to prosperity and gainful long term employment. The fact is political science, history, literature, art history, philosophy, ethnic studies, and the list goes on..and on... are only good for a limited number of teaching positions (if they acquire a masters), low level public service jobs, bottom tier administration positions, and Pete's Coffee or Starbucks at best. Regardless they are expensive and incapable of providing a vehicle to enhance oneself in the real employment world not less pay back their or parents guaranteed student loans. Most of these students would have been better served dedicating themselves to a chosen field, nursing, welding, industrial fabrication, computer programming, repair, maintenance, health sciences, electrical engineering.....however, the stigma as to not having attended a four year college after high school lingers on. Community Colleges, Technical and vocational institutes prepare students to became viable components within the constant evolving real world work place with the ability to payback their loans. It is time to get real and cease from this 4 year college nonsense and prepare students for the reality of the work place.

Sure. Look how well price controls have worked in the past. :rolleyes-41:

The problem in America to day is we view colleges as an end all guarantee to prosperity and gainful long term employment. The fact is political science, history, literature, art history, philosophy, ethnic studies, and the list goes on..and on... are only good for a limited number of teaching positions (if they acquire a masters), low level public service jobs, bottom tier administration positions, and Pete's Coffee or Starbucks at best. Regardless they are expensive and incapable of providing a vehicle to enhance oneself in the real employment world not less pay back their or parents guaranteed student loans. Most of these students would have been better served dedicating themselves to a chosen field, nursing, welding, industrial fabrication, computer programming, repair, maintenance, health sciences, electrical engineering.....however, the stigma as to not having attended a four year college after high school lingers on. Community Colleges, Technical and vocational institutes prepare students to became viable components within the constant evolving real world work place with the ability to payback their loans. It is time to get real and cease from this 4 year college nonsense and prepare students for the reality of the work place.

It is very hard to get ahead without the meaningless college education.

There' a much easier fix.. stop throwing gazillions of $$ at kids through the SL program so they can get worthless degrees.

Forum List

Back