🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why obstruction and cover-up charges smack of desperation

Don't know. Probably when Trump quits threatening to investigate everyone who doesn't kiss his ass. Investigate SNL? Even you gotta see that is insane.
so you can investigate for any given reason YOU feel appropriate but no one else can.

WHY are we this fucked up again? OH YEA.

cause of this shit.

Yes SNL was stupid. and i can certainly where his commentary earned him a "dude, shut up" - but it was also in conjunction with overall bias in the news. now please don't tell me you can't see that bias.

well you probably can't.

Congress has a constitutionally mandated obligation to do oversight. For Trump, it's just childish revenge.
to me - "congress" is just revenge cause they lost and had to eat hillarys words of "you should accept the election results!"

you want paint the other side as childish while you wear your dads shoes and pretend you're all grown up. hate to tell you this but the whole WHEN WILL TRUMP STOP *defines* childish doesn't it?

yes. it does.

I'm sure you do see it that way, but the constitution says they have oversight responsibility.
they all have oversight of each other. maybe you should read up on why we have 3 branches. if congress wants to check in on the legality of the president right after losing a bitter election, great. we'll all pretend it was not revenge and go with that and see what happens.

since it does appear to be a hostile takeover - or at least show signs of it - great, let's go look.

the problem with investigations is you're side is not the only one who can demand them - as you so noted with benghazi. now i ask again and you can keep the snark going like a child, or at least stop and think - when is enough enough?

if your answer is only after your side comes out on top then you just illustrated why we're so fucked up these days and ripe for russian trolling.

You act as if Russia didn't interfere in our election. They did. Trump's campaign members has lengthy interaction with Putin operatives which they lied about and tried to cover up. It would have been a dereliction of duty to not investigate. Especially when you consider all that Mueller uncovered. Obviously, facts mean nothing to you. Defending Trump is your only goal. Believe what you want. Most right wing nutbags do anyway.

Benghazi got no cooperation from Dems because 4 Americans died after Barry declared the War On Terror was 'over' & the deaths were preventable. To this day many snowflakes dispute that some fact....

Much like they continue to deny the simple results of the 2016 election, the Democrat crimes that have been exposed, and the results of the Mueller investigation...

You really need to read that report .
You really need to stop making 1-sentence false accusations in an attempt to defend an indefensible false narrative.

Even now you prove you STILL refuse to accept the truth...

The truth that Barr lied and misrepresented what was in the report?
but the FBI didn't lie.
hillary didn't lie
the entire democratic side never lied about kavanaugh
lynch didn't lie
comey didn't lie
obama never lied...

i find your choice of what to believe is a lie rather convenient to your emotional well being and not an honest search for the truth.

Sure, but you think a lot of goofy stuff is true.

so you can investigate for any given reason YOU feel appropriate but no one else can.

cause of this shit.

Yes SNL was stupid. and i can certainly where his commentary earned him a "dude, shut up" - but it was also in conjunction with overall bias in the news. now please don't tell me you can't see that bias.

well you probably can't.

Congress has a constitutionally mandated obligation to do oversight. For Trump, it's just childish revenge.
to me - "congress" is just revenge cause they lost and had to eat hillarys words of "you should accept the election results!"

you want paint the other side as childish while you wear your dads shoes and pretend you're all grown up. hate to tell you this but the whole WHEN WILL TRUMP STOP *defines* childish doesn't it?

yes. it does.

I'm sure you do see it that way, but the constitution says they have oversight responsibility.
they all have oversight of each other. maybe you should read up on why we have 3 branches. if congress wants to check in on the legality of the president right after losing a bitter election, great. we'll all pretend it was not revenge and go with that and see what happens.

since it does appear to be a hostile takeover - or at least show signs of it - great, let's go look.

the problem with investigations is you're side is not the only one who can demand them - as you so noted with benghazi. now i ask again and you can keep the snark going like a child, or at least stop and think - when is enough enough?

if your answer is only after your side comes out on top then you just illustrated why we're so fucked up these days and ripe for russian trolling.

You act as if Russia didn't interfere in our election. They did. Trump's campaign members has lengthy interaction with Putin operatives which they lied about and tried to cover up. It would have been a dereliction of duty to not investigate. Especially when you consider all that Mueller uncovered. Obviously, facts mean nothing to you. Defending Trump is your only goal. Believe what you want. Most right wing nutbags do anyway.
Define how. Please link to your sources

Benghazi got no cooperation from Dems because 4 Americans died after Barry declared the War On Terror was 'over' & the deaths were preventable. To this day many snowflakes dispute that some fact....

Much like they continue to deny the simple results of the 2016 election, the Democrat crimes that have been exposed, and the results of the Mueller investigation...

You really need to read that report .
You really need to stop making 1-sentence false accusations in an attempt to defend an indefensible false narrative.

Even now you prove you STILL refuse to accept the truth...

but the FBI didn't lie.
hillary didn't lie
the entire democratic side never lied about kavanaugh
lynch didn't lie
comey didn't lie
obama never lied...

i find your choice of what to believe is a lie rather convenient to your emotional well being and not an honest search for the truth.

Sure, but you think a lot of goofy stuff is true.
Heh RUSSIA!

3+ Years

4 Investigations

100+ witnesses interviewed

Thousands of pages of docs reviewed

ZERO evidence on any crime warranting an investigation of the President or his team

ZERO evidence of any crime involving the President warranting the appointment of a Special Counsel

ZERO indictments of ANYONE for illegal collusion or obstruction

ZERO convictions of ANYONE for illegal collusion or obstruction

Existing testimony by 1 DOJ official and 1 State Dept Rep that both warned Obama's DOJ, NIA, CIA, & FBI that Steele was a biased, Trump-hating, lying foreign spy pushing Russian authored propaganda BEFORE they chose to illegally ignore those warnings and use him as a 'credible' source before the FISA Court...

Existing testimony by 1 DOJ official and 1 State Dept Rep that both warned Obama's DOJ, NIA, CIA, & FBI that the Dossier was
Political Opposition Research authored by the Russians, provided by abiased, Trump-hating, lying foreign spy, and purchased by Hillary Clinton BEFORE they chose to illegally ignore those warnings and used the 'unreliable', 'unsubstantiated' Dossier contents to commit FISA Court abuses by swearing the information was 'legitimate, verified Intel, which it was NOT...

A BIASED, Trump-hating Congress refusing to accept the Mueller Investigation results, refusing to allow the Obama administration coup attempt to fail, beginning their own new investigation (#5) which has included demanding the US AG BREAK THE LAW by releasing Grand Jury information redacted by Mueller's team...and then voting to hold the US AG in 'Contempt of Congtess' for REFUSING TO BREAK THE LAW, demonstrating a complete DISREGARD FOR THE LAW while proving their determination to 'get Trump' no matter what...

None of this falls under the LEGAL responsibility of bipartisanly conducting oversight of a President of the United States.

This is continued SEDITIOUS CONSPIRACY and TREASON while attempting to hide behind Congress' responsibility if conducting legal, responsible Oversight!

The President of the United States and the US AG - the leading law enforcer in the United States - have an equal, if not more so, responsibility to investigate these acts, to find out what happened, to inform the American people, to hold those who broke the law legally accountable, and to ensure this can and will never happen again to ANY President.

Snowflakes - like the traitors Rosenstein, Clapper, Brennan, and Comey - know these traitors are about to be exposed and legally held accountable...and they don't like it.

They have been able to maintain a firm grasp on their denial of the 2016 election results and on their failed coup attempt and its results, but when these traitors begin being exposed and, God-willing, indicted and prosecuted, it's going to be a lot harder to deny the truth.

There was no congressional oversight for the first two years of Trump's presidency. Lots of catching up to do now. Quit whining.

Thank you for continuing to demonstrate your rabid denial of the facts and instead your determination to continue to spread your false narrative, for which there is only opinion and a lack of concrete indictable / prosecutable evidence.

ZERO evidence of any crime committed involving Trump or his team warranting an investigation or Special Counsel.

ZERO indictments or convictions of ANYONE for such a crime...

Compared to the PARTIAL list of evidence of exposed Democrat crimes.
-- Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe was recommended by the US IG for indictment and is currently under investigation by the DOJ, his indictment imminent

-- Former FBI Director Comey admitted he leaked classified to a professor friend of his so it would make it to the media and hopefully result in an investigation being opened...

-- Proven lying, Trump-hating foreign spy Steele - who sold Russian Counter-Intelligence Propaganda to desperate Hillary while working for Obama's FBI - admitted he never verified the Dossier contents and currently refuses to work with / talk to the US AG, partly probably because the State Dept and FBI confirmed he lied to the FBI (resulting in his firing from the FBI)...Lying to the FBI is a federal crime...

-- D-Schiff admitted during an I her view that he intentionally leaked classified information

The Democrats / traitors are $CREWED by actual, legitimate evidence and testimony...not your faux news Trump-hating opinionated disproven narrative

Well, I guess there is only my opinion, and the entire second half of Mueller's report to support what I say. You really should read it.

An investigation that came up butkiss? You mean like Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi? Or any one of those 25 years of those Clinton investigations?
so i see you can "whatabout" but no one else can. :)

now what? we whatabouteachother for the rest of our lives?

i agree the benghazi investigations got way out of hand. but do we answer that by going way out of hand AGAIN and doing the "hold my beer"? and if you want to keep pointing to this then great - point away.

what i will do from there is to simply say you more or less are saying you don't believe the core purpose of this investigation but you are doing it for revenge only.

when do we all grow up and stop this shit?

Don't know. Probably when Trump quits threatening to investigate everyone who doesn't kiss his ass. Investigate SNL? Even you gotta see that is insane.

cause of this shit.

well you probably can't.

Congress also has a conditional mandate to originate spending bills and write laws. For them, anything regarding Trump is simple juvenile revenge for sending Hillary into retirement.

No it's not.

i agree the benghazi investigations got way out of hand. but do we answer that by going way out of hand AGAIN and doing the "hold my beer"? and if you want to keep pointing to this then great - point away.

what i will do from there is to simply say you more or less are saying you don't believe the core purpose of this investigation but you are doing it for revenge only.

cause of this shit.

well you probably can't.

Congress also has a conditional mandate to originate spending bills and write laws. For them, anything regarding Trump is simple juvenile revenge for sending Hillary into retirement.

No it's not.

Quite the argument there, what, are you 10?

cause of this shit.

well you probably can't.

No it's not.

I'm just trying to keep my responses on a level you can understand. You seem to have trouble understanding more complex remarks.

Well, I guess there is only my opinion, and the entire second half of Mueller's report to support what I say. You really should read it.
Some of the top prosecutors in the country agreed that Mueller committed an ethical violation through authoring that end half of his report.

BOTTOM LINE: They agreed with the basic principle simple stated as this:

'If you don't INDICT you can't INCITE.'

That means Mueller was tasked with PROVING GUILT and affect indictments / convictions. After 3+ years Mueller
- Found NO EVIDENCE of an initial crime involving Trump or his team warranting an investigation or appointment of a Special Counsel....NO EVIDENCE OF A CRIME / NO CRIME....

- NO INDICTMENT / CONVICTION of ANYONE for illegal collusion and obstruction ... NOT ONE OF ANYONE.

THAT is all Mueller was tasked to do. He did that job with the results mentioned above.

Mueller then committed what these top prosecutors described as an Ethics violation -- he then wrote a 2nd part of his report that engaged in a narrative of opinionated events he interpreted a certain way, NONE OF WHICH RESULTED IN A CHANGE IN HIS FINAL DEVISION MENTIONED IN THE 1ST PART OF HIS REPORT!

The only thing the 2nd part of his report did was provide a sliver of a justification for snowflakes to cling to the false narrative that Trump or anyone associated with him committed any crime.

The decision to make such a decision was HIS to make...and HE CHOSE / MADE THE DECISION that NO CRIME HAD BEEN COMMITTED BY ANYONE.

So, with all due respect, your Trump-hating opinion does not matter one damn bit as it does not change the result of Mueller's investigation: NO EVIDENCE OF AN INITIAL CRIME, NO INDICTMENT OR CONVICTION OF ANYONE FOR ILLEGAL COLLUSION OR OBSTRUCTION.

It does not even matter if you EVER accept the 2016 election results OR the results of Mueller's investigation. The official investigation / witch hunt / failed coup is OVER. There will be no indictment of the President from Nadler's and Pelosi's 5th (FIFTH) investigation in 3+ years....especially after holding the US AG in 'Contempt' for REFUSING TO BREAK THE LAW.

The only 2 Things the gutless, criminal, butt-hurt partisans can do now is 1) Continue to waste time dividing this nation with their political theater intended to be dragged out until election time or 2) GROW A PAIR & IMPEACH TRUMP ALREADY, which again they know is pointless political theater because it will be DEAD before it ever reaches the Senate.

There are no other realistic scenarios, especially when the US AG is doing what Mueller refused to do - follow the actual exposed evidence of real crimes and to investigate them.

In essence, for purely political partisan gain the Democrats have CHOSEN to continue to engage in this divisive action, undermining the President and continuing to carry on the Rusdians' plan to divide this nation.

cause of this shit.

well you probably can't.

No it's not.

Sure it is. They've produced nothing. They had everything vested in Mueller, and now have a greatly weakened hand for their ongoing efforts to reverse the election. Yet they still produce nothing.

cause of this shit.

well you probably can't.

No it's not.

I'm just trying to keep my responses on a level you can understand. You seem to have trouble understanding more complex remarks.
says the person saying YOU FALL FOR SILLY THINGS AND LIES, NOW LETS TALK ABOUT TRUMP AND RUSSIA!!!

you're a walking juvenile contradiction that projects the stupid you do onto others.

cause of this shit.

well you probably can't.

No it's not.

Sure it is. They've produced nothing. They had everything vested in Mueller, and now have a greatly weakened hand for their ongoing efforts to reverse the election. Yet they still produce nothing.

Failed all those civics classes, didn't you?

cause of this shit.

well you probably can't.

No it's not.

How sad. The failure is the democrat party in their responsibility in the House. Your leader is calling everyone a liar and is a senile drunk. You guys are a joke.

cause of this shit.

well you probably can't.

No it's not.

Nope. What legislation is the democrats writing, debating and voting on now that isn't about trying to reverse the 2016 election results? Legislation that's not a joke, that is, such as the Green New Deal.

They have a golden opportunity to make themselves look very good going into the next election by producing quality legislation and actually governing for a change, but their rabid base wants blood and won't let them.

cause of this shit.

well you probably can't.

No it's not.

are you going to define how russia interfered in our elections or just bypass that request so you can keep snark-bombing?

Our laws provide ways to defend yourself. The subject of an investigation trying to shut it down just because he thinks he can is not an acceptable defense. He's president, not king. The laws apply to him too.

Trumpers however do NOT agree that their DICTATOR should have to abide by the law, just like the peasants do.
when you can speak intelligently about issues people may listen. til then you're just an angry 12 year old calling people names to satisfy your own stupidity.

So do you think Trump should abide by the law, or not?
i believe everyone should. if he was found guilty of ANYTHING that he was accused of, there would then be merit for said investigation. but all we got are sideshow bobs and "crimes" not even related to russia.

oh and OBSTRUCTION now for a crime that was proven to not have happened.

when you can apply the law evenly, i'll pay more attention to what you say.

You obviously are TOO IGNORANT in regard to the subject: The below is taken directly from the SC Mueller report.

Second, many obstruction cases involve the attempted or actual cover-up of an underlying crime. Personal criminal conduct can furnish strong evidence that the individual had an improper obstructive purpose, see, e.g. , United States v. Willoughby, 860 F.2d 15, 24 (2d Cir. 1988), or that he contemplated an effect on an official proceeding, see, e.g., United States v. Binday, 804 F.3d 558, 591 (2d Cir. 2015). But proof of such a crime is not an element of an obstruction offense. See United States v. Greer, 872 F.3d 790, 798 (6th Cir. 2017) (stating, in applying the obstruction sentencing guideline, that "obstruction of a criminal investigation is punishable even if the prosecution is ultimately unsuccessful or even if the investigation ultimately reveals no underlying crime"). Obstruction of justice can be motivated by a desire to protect non-criminal personal interests, to protect against investigations where underlying criminal liability falls into a gray area, or to avoid personal embarrassment. The injury to the integrity of the justice system is the same regardless of whether a person committed an underlying wrong.

There you have it folks:
No underlying crime need be proven for an obstruction case to be determined, and/or pursued.

Now, see; you learned something. You're welcome.

Mueller's unethical decision to opine about obstuction of justice without stating one way or the other that President Trump did or did not do so is the ONLY reason the door was left ajar for any type of investigation AND even the hold over nevertrumper Rod Rosenstein agreed there was no evidence of obstruction. The arguments for these endless investigations are pointless and deflecting of whatever is really happening within our government. I personally believe the dems are handing 2020 right to President Trump on a silver platter with all the unproven bs. The childish games need to end and both sides need to grow the f up.
There are greater concerns that need to be addressed... The midwest is drowning, there are homeless veterans, healthcare cost need to be addressed, the border crissis and humanitarian situation needs to be taken care of, infrastructure needs to be updated... Roads, electrical, WATER DELIVERY systems and so much more... But we have partisans on one side who want to get into arguments over who should have been instead of who is actually President...

Trumpers however do NOT agree that their DICTATOR should have to abide by the law, just like the peasants do.
when you can speak intelligently about issues people may listen. til then you're just an angry 12 year old calling people names to satisfy your own stupidity.

i believe everyone should. if he was found guilty of ANYTHING that he was accused of, there would then be merit for said investigation. but all we got are sideshow bobs and "crimes" not even related to russia.

You obviously are TOO IGNORANT in regard to the subject: The below is taken directly from the SC Mueller report.

Second, many obstruction cases involve the attempted or actual cover-up of an underlying crime. Personal criminal conduct can furnish strong evidence that the individual had an improper obstructive purpose, see, e.g. , United States v. Willoughby, 860 F.2d 15, 24 (2d Cir. 1988), or that he contemplated an effect on an official proceeding, see, e.g., United States v. Binday, 804 F.3d 558, 591 (2d Cir. 2015). But proof of such a crime is not an element of an obstruction offense. See United States v. Greer, 872 F.3d 790, 798 (6th Cir. 2017) (stating, in applying the obstruction sentencing guideline, that "obstruction of a criminal investigation is punishable even if the prosecution is ultimately unsuccessful or even if the investigation ultimately reveals no underlying crime"). Obstruction of justice can be motivated by a desire to protect non-criminal personal interests, to protect against investigations where underlying criminal liability falls into a gray area, or to avoid personal embarrassment. The injury to the integrity of the justice system is the same regardless of whether a person committed an underlying wrong.

There you have it folks:
No underlying crime need be proven for an obstruction case to be determined, and/or pursued.

Mueller's unethical decision to opine about obstuction of justice without stating one way or the other that President Trump did or did not do so is the ONLY reason the door was left ajar for any type of investigation AND even the hold over nevertrumper Rod Rosenstein agreed there was no evidence of obstruction. The arguments for these endless investigations are pointless and deflecting of whatever is really happening within our government. I personally believe the dems are handing 2020 right to President Trump on a silver platter with all the unproven bs. The childish games need to end and both sides need to grow the f up.
There are greater concerns that need to be addressed... The midwest is drowning, there are homeless veterans, healthcare cost need to be addressed, the border crissis and humanitarian situation needs to be taken care of, infrastructure needs to be updated... Roads, electrical, WATER DELIVERY systems and so much more... But we have partisans on one side who want to get into arguments over who should have been instead of who is actually President...

Mueller stated this:
"If we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.
We did not, however, make a determination as to whether the President did commit a crime.”

This is EXACTLY why it is the function of Congress to pursue the matter within their responsibility of over sight concerning the abuse of power by the executive.

There you have it folks:

to the left nothing matters as long as trump is in office.

everything else will get the blind eye til they get what they want. how old are most people who do this?

There you have it folks:

Mueller stated this:
"If we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.
We did not, however, make a determination as to whether the President did commit a crime.”

This is EXACTLY why it is the function of Congress to pursue the matter within their responsibility of over sight concerning the abuse of power by the executive.
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas.
You just want the cake and to eat it as well.
Wordsmithing is one hell of a thing, and I wonder if it hurts to talk out of both sides of his neck like that. Both sentences basically state he doesn't have the evidence to convict for any criminal activity, and if you don't have the evidence for criminal activity you don't have the basis for a crime.

Forum List

Back