Why Real Americans Despise Glenn Beck

B89jZ.png

Glenn Beck Is Selling A Jar Of His Pee With A Toy Obama Inside

All he's doing is mocking the a**hole who did the Jesus Christ in a jar of pee!!!

It's okay for one of yours to desecrate the beliefs of millions but not for a conservative to show just how ignorant you liberals are?

You Looney Lefties disgust me! :mad:

All he's doing is mocking the a**hole who did the Jesus Christ in a jar of pee!!!

It's okay for one of yours to desecrate the beliefs of millions but not for a conservative to show just how ignorant you liberals are?

You Looney Lefties disgust me! :mad:

Synthia is like a chimp playing in it's own feces. Sure, he's disgusting, but oddly entertaining in that he just doesn't know any better...

I see. The blasphemy against Christ. No problem. Blasphemy against Obama. Unforgiveable!

Seriously, do you guys not see how lost you are? You are making Glenn's point. Which was that you aren't tolerant.

Lke the other ignorant comments of this sort, this one fails to have been informed by the artist's own words on his work. Which were - and I paraphrase here - along the lines of "The blasphemy is in taking the Image of Perfection through which we are able to even perceive the Creator, and making it crudely, sloppily and ugly"

What the artist was 'saying' was not "I" piss on Christ - but "You" (who make and carry such debased representations of the Crucifixion) are pissing on Christ ...... it could be carried a bit further, to include using 'Deus Vult' as a war cry, etc.

I try to think about Glen Beck as little as possible because he's such a *insert pejoratives of choice here* expletive deleted...... but in apeing the artist, he's crtainly not intended to give the same message.

And yes, it was 'art', as in symbolic communication which elicits an emotional response from the viewers.

Pretending there isn't doesn't mean they're not there.
There are some people who thought Sun Myung Moon was a Messiah. So?

There are some people who think Reagan was a good president. So?

"All the quotes are taken out of context. Who is Barbara A. Thompson? Is she someone of influence, or someone I should know, or someone who matters at all in this conversation?"

Pretending there isn't doesn't mean they're not there.

I see. The blasphemy against Christ. No problem. Blasphemy against Obama. Unforgiveable!

Seriously, do you guys not see how lost you are? You are making Glenn's point. Which was that you aren't tolerant.

Lke the other ignorant comments of this sort, this one fails to have been informed by the artist's own words on his work. Which were - and I paraphrase here - along the lines of "The blasphemy is in taking the Image of Perfection through which we are able to even perceive the Creator, and making it crudely, sloppily and ugly"

What the artist was 'saying' was not "I" piss on Christ - but "You" (who make and carry such debased representations of the Crucifixion) are pissing on Christ ...... it could be carried a bit further, to include using 'Deus Vult' as a war cry, etc.

I try to think about Glen Beck as little as possible because he's such a *insert pejoratives of choice here* expletive deleted...... but in apeing the artist, he's crtainly not intended to give the same message.

And yes, it was 'art', as in symbolic communication which elicits an emotional response from the viewers.

Who the heck said that Glenn was trying to make the same message the other artist did?

?? Where did I state that Beck was attempting to give the same message as the orignal artist? I don't see that in the post you're quoting.

I was explaining the artist's intent as I recalled it from an interview I listened to - for the benefit of the many ignorant people who never got to hear what the man had to say.

I can't imagine that Beck actually understood it either.

Now my last sentence giving a 'definition' of art - that was intended to refer ONLY to the original work and not to Beck's idiocy.

However, I suppose under my definition even what Beck did could be described as 'art' because it certainly elicited an emotional response. In my case, the response to Beck's effort was "Oh, how derivative and schlocky".

LOOK! There it goes! Right over your head.

Shame too.

Who the heck said that Glenn was trying to make the same message the other artist did?

Nobody, he missed the point entirely.

?? Where did I state that Beck was attempting to give the same message as the orignal artist? I don't see that in the post you're quoting.

I was explaining the artist's intent as I recalled it from an interview I listened to - for the benefit of the many ignorant people who never got to hear what the man had to say.

I can't imagine that Beck actually understood it either.

Now my last sentence giving a 'definition' of art - that was intended to refer ONLY to the original work and not to Beck's idiocy.

However, I suppose under my definition even what Beck did could be described as 'art' because it certainly elicited an emotional response. In my case, the response to Beck's effort was "Oh, how derivative and schlocky".

I call bull shit. If you weren't saying that then what was the point of your post? No one was talking about the artist's intentions here. We are talking about the reaction that the lefties have over this.

Nobody, he missed the point entirely.
Yes, the point is to put the President Of The United States in a jar of piss.

That's the point.

Forum List

Back