Why Republicans keep talking about Amy Coney Barrett’s 7 kids

Do you ever read what you typed before hitting the post button or are you so deep in the bong to care? Tell the class how the highest court in the land can obstruct justice.

Why are you and your ilk so excited about having this judge on the Supreme Court?

Why don't you answer my fucking post instead of deflecting?

Barrett was Calm, Cool, and Collected, she knows the Constitution, the Dems didn't want to attack her Catholic faith 2 weeks before an election, they just attacked Trump and she sat there and smiled...SUBPERB!

Basically, as a buffer to counter the legitimate criticism for her far rightwing views that'll lead to Republicans obstruct justice and enact their radical will on the country...

Damn tRumplings breed like lemmings. Follow like them too.
Biden was running foreign policy with his son and Biden's family becoming massive wealthy. Now we know why the Ukraine was being talked about and Biden was involved. Corruption! Psychopath! It looks Biden was running rings around Obama. Or maybe Obama was in on it.
Fake news.

Basically, as a buffer to counter the legitimate criticism for her far rightwing views that'll lead to Republicans obstruct justice and enact their radical will on the country...

Correct, a red herring.
Is she qualified?

Define "qualified". Anyone who has graduated law school and has practiced before the bar, is technically "qualified". ACB has been "groomed" by the Federalist Society so that her qualifications and background are impeccable and unquestionable. To me, if you don't accept "precedent", you're not "qualified".

If you have to hide, cover up and lie about your beliefs, as she did this week, you are definitely not qualified, and just based on the lies she told in the hearing, would disqualify her in my view. The first lie out of her mouth, makes her entirely unsuitable.

If she can't tell the truth in her confirmation hearing, how can you trust her to be telling you the truth about what she would do as a judge, or what her views are?
Check with the Bar Association. They gave her their highest rating, and I would have to assume they know more about jurist qualifications then we do, wouldn't you agree?

She'll be getting confirmed soon! :dance:
That's OK, you guys are just giving the Democrats ammo to expand the SCOTUS massively when they take control.

Keep it up.
IOW, they don't like the results so they have to change the rules. Don't think it's going to happen unless they have a real senior Biden moment. IOW, it would be massively stupid for them to do that.

seems to me its democrats talking about them not repubes,,,

Then you didn't watch the hearings. ACB's children were the ONLY thing Republicans talked about. They were marched into the hearing room, in a line from oldest to youngest. Senators remarked on how "well behaved" they were. What a devoted mother she is, hurrying home from court in time to always be there for their soccers games, and on and on. You would have thought she was being nominated as "Mother of the Year" and not for a seat on the Supreme Court.

But ACB isn't applying for the position of Mom of the years, although it's obvious that she is a great Mom, and her family seems lovely. I don't ever remember any other nominee for the SC having his or her family publically paraded before the Senate in this fashion or Senators giving speeches about what a great parent they are. Why aren't they talking about what a great judge she is? Her qualifications or her experience. I watched that hearing all day, and at the end of the day, the only thing I knew about ACB is that she has a lot of kids, one of whom is Downs Syndrome and two of whom are racial minorities.

I would also like to add that much was made of her being a superwoman and role model to millions of young women everywhere for what women can achieve, to which I would say "hogwash". ACB is a woman of wealth and privilege who can afford to hire all the help she needs.

I had a full time housekeeper, who got my kids off to school in the morning, and picked them up after school. When I came home with a briefcase full of work, my house was tidy, my table was set and our dinner was in the oven. The cleaning lady came in Saturday morning and did the floors and bathrooms. She has a lot more "help" than I have, and with 7 kids, one of the DS, she needs it. I have a friend who owns her own paralegal business with 3 full time employees, manages her family's real estate investment trust, is the President of her son's school PTA, and throws elegant events. She has a full time live in housekeeper/nanny who she provides with a car.

I don't begrudge ACB her wealth or her privilege but none of us could do be superwomen without a lot of "help".
Ask the Bar Association about her qualifications. Face it, this whole thing is political theater. Democrats are not interested in her legal qualifications, they want to paint her as a monster. They weren't interested in Kavanaugh's qualifications, they just wanted to paint him as a monster. Bringing her children in simply short circuited the democrats' obvious desire to fling their poop like so many monkeys, gibbering and jumping around all the while. Her children allow her to calmly face them down and dare them to be the first to pull their pants down.

Then you didn't watch the hearings. ACB's children were the ONLY thing Republicans talked about. They were marched into the hearing room, in a line from oldest to youngest. Senators remarked on how "well behaved" they were. What a devoted mother she is, hurrying home from court in time to always be there for their soccers games, and on and on. You would have thought she was being nominated as "Mother of the Year" and not for a seat on the Supreme Court.

But ACB isn't applying for the position of Mom of the years, although it's obvious that she is a great Mom, and her family seems lovely. I don't ever remember any other nominee for the SC having his or her family publically paraded before the Senate in this fashion or Senators giving speeches about what a great parent they are. Why aren't they talking about what a great judge she is? Her qualifications or her experience. I watched that hearing all day, and at the end of the day, the only thing I knew about ACB is that she has a lot of kids, one of whom is Downs Syndrome and two of whom are racial minorities.

I would also like to add that much was made of her being a superwoman and role model to millions of young women everywhere for what women can achieve, to which I would say "hogwash". ACB is a woman of wealth and privilege who can afford to hire all the help she needs.

I had a full time housekeeper, who got my kids off to school in the morning, and picked them up after school. When I came home with a briefcase full of work, my house was tidy, my table was set and our dinner was in the oven. The cleaning lady came in Saturday morning and did the floors and bathrooms. She has a lot more "help" than I have, and with 7 kids, one of the DS, she needs it. I have a friend who owns her own paralegal business with 3 full time employees, manages her family's real estate investment trust, is the President of her son's school PTA, and throws elegant events. She has a full time live in housekeeper/nanny who she provides with a car.

I don't begrudge ACB her wealth or her privilege but none of us could do be superwomen without a lot of "help".
Ask the Bar Association about her qualifications. Face it, this whole thing is political theater. Democrats are not interested in her legal qualifications, they want to paint her as a monster. They weren't interested in Kavanaugh's qualifications, they just wanted to paint him as a monster. Bringing her children in simply short circuited the democrats' obvious desire to fling their poop like so many monkeys, gibbering and jumping around all the while. Her children allow her to calmly face them down and dare them to be the first to pull their pants down.

Of course she's qualified and no one is painting her as a monster. But she has been trained and groomed and both her qualifications and her training have been polished to a fare thee well by an organization which has been taken over by dark money with an agenda to pack the Supreme Court with white, hard line conservative judges to overturn progessive decisions. The SC will become a defacto veto on progessive legislation which the American people have voted for and which the vast majority want and support - like the ACA, Roe v Wade, and all gays rights legislation.

The whole concept of "originalism" makes no sense whatsoever in the context of our times. The Founders intended the Constitution to be a living breathing document so that it could be amended as the times changed. Making decisions based on the writings of 18th century white elites in colonial America makes as much sense as asking 18th Century doctors to treat covid using "originalist medical techniques".

Looking at things from the Founder's persepctive, Originalists always conservative principles and ideas, to one of the most radically progressive documents ever written, and decide the issue based on their radically right views of the radical revolutionary document. The USA was the nation in the world to throw off the yoke of colonialism, and the idea of rule by the elites, and embrace democracy, albeit a Republic, not a full blown democracy. The French Revolution took place in 1789.

Today's Republicans would have called the Founders, thugs and criminals - destroying businesses and private property (The Boston Tea Party), attacking the police (the British Army), and spreading violence and civil unrest throughout the land (The American Revolution).

the bigger question is why did the dems ignore them????

its almost like they knew they couldnt use them for political gain because some were black,,,

As a professional woman, it was really off-putting that Republicans focussed on her family and not on the Judge's qualifications and record. Offensive even. They have never done anything remotely like this for any nomination in my lifetime, and they certainly didn't do it for Justices Ginsberg, Kagan or Sotomayer.

The sheer number of Republican Senators focussing on ACB's family over her qualifications and record, was so odd, that it made me wonder why they were doing this. Why weren't they talking about her great decisions, or her record. When I learned more about the Federalist Society, being funded by dark money to put talented young right wing law students on a glide path to SC, it all started to make sense.

They don't want to talk about who her politics, her record, or how she came to be nominated, and why the big push to get this woman onto the court before the election, even to the point of being willing to lose the Senate to get her confirmed.
maybe you should save you emotional problems for your therapist,, cause th fact is she should be a role model for women all around the world,,, feminist and normies alike,,,

but you go right ahead and attack her family,,,,

she was not only able to have great success in a career but also have a loving family,,,
what else could a person want out of life???

Correct, a red herring.
Is she qualified?

Define "qualified". Anyone who has graduated law school and has practiced before the bar, is technically "qualified". ACB has been "groomed" by the Federalist Society so that her qualifications and background are impeccable and unquestionable. To me, if you don't accept "precedent", you're not "qualified".

If you have to hide, cover up and lie about your beliefs, as she did this week, you are definitely not qualified, and just based on the lies she told in the hearing, would disqualify her in my view. The first lie out of her mouth, makes her entirely unsuitable.

If she can't tell the truth in her confirmation hearing, how can you trust her to be telling you the truth about what she would do as a judge, or what her views are?

So you think Dread Scott should still be the law in the US? It was a precedent at one time.

Yep, the Supremes upheld it in 1955. She's great at spewing vector, but very very little actual knowledge.

i like ACB's position on abortion

what she said is that you and she can have a policy debate about whether Obama's position when he was Illinois Senator and Governor Northam's position endorsing infanticide by abortion, whether that's appropriate, or whether every human life is precious and priceless whether it's in Syria or Syracuse, Armenia or Alabama

So far right, that you don't bother to list any of them.

Personally it seems to me to be impressive that she had that many children and still managed an impressive career.

I hope the children did not feel shortchanged.

Correct, a red herring.
Is she qualified?

So you think Dread Scott should still be the law in the US? It was a precedent at one time.

She doesn't hink any further than the end of her nose.

its almost like they knew they couldnt use them for political gain because some were black,,,

As a professional woman, it was really off-putting that Republicans focussed on her family and not on the Judge's qualifications and record. Offensive even. They have never done anything remotely like this for any nomination in my lifetime, and they certainly didn't do it for Justices Ginsberg, Kagan or Sotomayer.

The sheer number of Republican Senators focussing on ACB's family over her qualifications and record, was so odd, that it made me wonder why they were doing this. Why weren't they talking about her great decisions, or her record. When I learned more about the Federalist Society, being funded by dark money to put talented young right wing law students on a glide path to SC, it all started to make sense.

They don't want to talk about who her politics, her record, or how she came to be nominated, and why the big push to get this woman onto the court before the election, even to the point of being willing to lose the Senate to get her confirmed.

So you accept Citizens United as a precedent and settled law. Do you?
Also, you were aked to source your "Dark Money" theory.....are you lying again?

You say "white" like it is a bad thing. Are you racist?

Why are you seizing on the word "white" when I also said "male" as well? If the Federalist Society was trying to pack the court with nothing but black judges, it would be just as big an issue. A judiciary that doesn't reflect the population of the nation it serves, is a bad thing. Judges should not be coming entirely from wealthy elite backgrounds either.

Wealthy white males make up less than 1% of population, and shouldn't be dominating the courts since they have no idea of how the other 99% live, or the effect of their decisions on those who insulated from all of the issues working people face.

For example: ACB is unlikely to sypathetic to a working class woman wanting an abortion because her child will have Down's Syndrome, and she doesn't have the money for special schools, nannies, and sheltered care when she can no longer care for the child. ACB will look at this woman as a monster, because her DS is the light of her family, and her beliefs that abortion is wrong. In the meantime, this woman will be forced to put this child into state care and put it up for adoption, simply because she doesn't have the resources deal with her needs. She'll be adding to the children in the foster care system, waiting for adoption that is unlikely to come.

So you accept Citizens United as a precedent and settled law. Do you?
Also, you were aked to source your "Dark Money" theory.....are you lying again?
Dragonlady is just a propaganda parrot. There is no such thing as "settled law".

Why are you seizing on the word "white" when I also said "male" as well? If the Federalist Society was trying to pack the court with nothing but black judges, it would be just as big an issue. A judiciary that doesn't reflect the population of the nation it serves, is a bad thing. Judges should not be coming entirely from wealthy elite backgrounds either.

Wealthy white males make up less than 1% of population, and shouldn't be dominating the courts since they have no idea of how the other 99% live, or the effect of their decisions on those who insulated from all of the issues working people face.

For example: ACB is unlikely to sypathetic to a working class woman wanting an abortion because her child will have Down's Syndrome, and she doesn't have the money for special schools, nannies, and sheltered care when she can no longer care for the child. ACB will look at this woman as a monster, because her DS is the light of her family, and her beliefs that abortion is wrong. In the meantime, this woman will be forced to put this child into state care and put it up for adoption, simply because she doesn't have the resources deal with her needs. She'll be adding to the children in the foster care system, waiting for adoption that is unlikely to come.
Did your working class woman ever hear of being responsible for her actions and using birth control? Why should taxpayers fund her irresponsible lifestyle?

Forum List

Back