Why Scott Walker's Views On Evolution Are Totally Relevant

“That raises fundamental questions about the boundaries between religion and science that Walker, as a president appointing federal judges, would have to consider.”

Exactly.

It also raises fundamental questions about the boundaries between church and state that Walker, as a president appointing federal judges, is likely hostile to.

The voters have the right to know if a president Walker will seek to appoint judges hostile to the privacy rights of women, the equal protection rights of gay Americans, and the voting rights of minorities.

The voters also have the right to know the extent of Walker's hostility toward, or ignorance of, Establishment Clause jurisprudence, where he would seek through judicial appointments to undermine the wall of separation between church and state, allowing religious dogma to be codified into secular law all citizens must obey.

Consequently, questions with regard to Walker's understanding of evolution and other matters concerning both religion and science are perfectly legitimate and appropriate.

If you feel knowing Scott Walkers views on evolution are important and need to know them then you must also feel that knowing Hillary Clinton's views on creationism are important as well. For the record I have no need or interest in knowing Walkers views on evolution or Hilary's on creationism as things like this are only important to the most extreme of partisan hacks.

If I thought Hillary believed in Creationism - she would be dead political meat in my eyes.
I think we both know that's bullshit.

I promise you that is a FACT. I really detest religious nuts - regardless of their party.
First believing in creationism does not make one a religious nut and second that claim would actually hold water If had ever seen you gripe about religious liberals.

UHHHhhh..... Yes it certainly does. And deceitful too.

Creation belief is an underhanded way to inject religion into public schools. Disgusting!

Obama also claims to be a Christian. How can one be a Christian without beleiving in creationism?

Anyone can believe that there once existed a man named Jesus born of Joseph and Mary without believing a scrap of what was compiled by the Romans to help control the Christians.

The Bible is so full of bullshit and holes and lies that anyone that believes what is written in it is a moron.

What someone with an agenda wrote down using what someone supposedly said that someone heard in an old hand me down several generation word of mouth recreation is about the worst evidence imaginable. That scenario can be applied to every single passage in your bible. You people are foolish at best. Willful purveyors of lies? ...absolutely.

George W. Bush said God told him to invade Iraq Link

Scott Walker said: “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” Link
George W. Bush said God told him to invade Iraq Link

Scott Walker said “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” Link
First the Bush claim that the author is quoting was made by a Palestinian politician and there is nothing to support the claim. Second Walker posted a bible verse on his facebook and twitter feeds neither of which constitutes legislating based on the bible or religious beliefs.

Lies and bullshit. You have zero credibility.
Try reading your links instead of just titles shitting bull you will look like less of an idiot though not by much.

Aw, so now you've resorted to racist name-calling - which means you have lost the debate.
You stared it by calling me liar so your the one who lost if you can't take what you dish out I suggest you stop calling people liars.

Would you rather that people think you are just stupid?

There is no proof of Creationism...or God.
There is no proof that there is no God either. I choose to believe that all this happened much as scientists describe it according to His master plan.

You are free to believe that it's all some cosmic accident, but I don't buy coincidences.

Why can't people believe that what we share just "IS" and resist trying to make sense out of it with so little empirical evidence to support most of the silly fairy tale explanations?

Yes there are holes in what we have documented. We have barely scratched the surface literally. What lies beneath the surface is vast and probably 99.999999999999999999999% unreachable with our feeble methods. Most of what was in the far far far past has already been turned back into molten magma many billions of years ago as the plates have submerged and folded over not counting the massive floods and ocean levels depositing hundreds if not thousands of feet of debris.

The religist's demand hard complete evidence from the skeptical... mostly impossible to find among-st the ruins of history and of their own ilk just faith in the make believe like children believing in Santa Claus. Except they make wild promises of perpetual afterlives with not a single scrap of evidence to support it.

Ya...you Christians are both crazy and stupid.

Last edited:
So if she claims to be a Christian, you will not vote for her?

Not if she doesn't believe in EVOLUTION!!!!!
Part of being a Christian is beleiving that God is the creator of the universe. Did you know that Hillary used to teach Sunday school?

I have not yet seen where Hillary allowed her religious beliefs to influence her public service.
It seems that you have now moved the goal posts!

No, you moved the goal posts when you brought Hillary into a Scott Walker thread.
By your own words, Hillary should be dead political meat in your eyes, but then those goal posts move.

Obama also claims to be a Christian. How can one be a Christian without beleiving in creationism?

Anyone can believe that there once existed a man named Jesus born of Joseph and Mary without believing a scrap of what was compiled by the Romans to help control the Christians.

The Bible is so full of bullshit and holes and lies that anyone that believes what is written in it is a moron.

What someone with an agenda wrote down using what someone supposedly said that someone heard in an old hand me down several generation word of mouth recreation is about the worst evidence imaginable. That scenario can be applied to every single passage in your bible. You people are foolish at best. Willful purveyors of lies? ...absolutely.
Muslims beleive in Jesus in the way you describe. Christians beleive that Jesus is Son of a God and that God created the universe.

There is no proof of Creationism...or God.
There is no proof that there is no God either. I choose to believe that all this happened much as scientists describe it according to His master plan.

You are free to believe that it's all some cosmic accident, but I don't buy coincidences.

Why can't people believe that what we share just "IS" and resist trying to make sense out of it with so little empirical evidence to support most of the silly fairy tale explanations?

Yes there are holes in what we have documented. We have barely scratched the surface literally. What lies beneath the surface is vast and probably 99.999999999999999999999% unreachable with our feeble methods. Most of what was in the far far far past has already been turned back into molten magma many billions of years ago as the plates have submerged and folded over not counting the massive floods and ocean levels depositing hundreds if not thousands of feet of debris.

The religist's demand hard complete evidence from the skeptical... mostly impossible to find among-st the ruins of history and of their own ilk just faith in the make believe like children believing in Santa Claus. Except they make wild promises of perpetual afterlives with not a single scrap of evidence to support it.

Ya...you Christians are both crazy and stupid.
I don't demand anything. I as most educated, intelligent people believe in evolution, archeology, the Big Bang, and natural selection. Our only difference is that I seek a reason for what is and believe that there was an intelligent design to it all. I choose to call the architect, God.

You know me better than that, Huggy. I am no more crazy or stupid than you.

I think we both know that's bullshit.

I promise you that is a FACT. I really detest religious nuts - regardless of their party.
First believing in creationism does not make one a religious nut and second that claim would actually hold water If had ever seen you gripe about religious liberals.

Carbon dating disproves Creationism.
Carbon dating was not the issue the issue is that believing in creationism does not make one a nut and that you don't trash religious liberals.

Give me some names of religious liberals who are legislating based on the Bible or religious beliefs.
Name a Conservative who is. Walker refused to answer an irrelevant, obnoxious, impertinent question from a liberal hack reporter. He did not legislate based on religion.

Carbon dating disproves Creationism.
Carbon dating was not the issue the issue is that believing in creationism does not make one a nut and that you don't trash religious liberals.

Give me some names of religious liberals who are legislating based on the Bible or religious beliefs.
Name a Conservative who is. Walker refused to answer an irrelevant, obnoxious, impertinent question from a liberal hack reporter. He did not legislate based on religion.

So now we're going to shield potential presidential candidates from questions? lol

Pelosi professes to be a Catholic. Libs you voted a church going prays to God believing Christian into the White House and a Catholic speaker of the House of Representatives...things that make you go hmmmm :eusa_think: so basically you libs have no cred to point a finger at Gov. Walker.

Is it worse than the RWnut obsession with trying to peg President Obama as a Muslim?

[
Does my belief system injure you in any way?

Yes. Conservatism has been wreaking havoc on this nation for centuries.
Yes. Free speech. Freedom of religion. Economic opportunity. Largest increase in standard of living in human history. Those sound like man made disasters.

All done by progressives with conservatives trying to obstruct every step of the way.
That is the exact opposite of the truth.
Progressives share the same intellectual pedigree with both Nazis and communists. Stalin was a hero to the Progressives of the 1930s. Mussolini was very popular among progressives int eh 1920s. Castro was the darling of the left, as was Mao. That isnt coincidence.

Scott Walker doesn’t want reporters to ask him about his position on evolution. That’s one more reason why they should.

Walker, the newly re-elected governor of Wisconsin, is a front-runner for the 2016 Republican nomination. This week he was in London to promote his state’s business interests and, undoubtedly, to establish himself as a credible figure on the world stage. But then a reporter asked Walker whether he believed in evolution. Walker said he would “punt” on that question and added “that’s a question a politician shouldn’t be involved in one way or the other.”

Supporters and other conservatives rallied to Walker’s defense, suggesting that the question itself was out of bounds -- or at least another example of the mainstream media ganging up on Republican candidates.

But there’s a reason reporters are curious to learn what Walker thinks about evolution. Some 90 years after the Scopes Trial, the theory of evolution and its place in the schools remain matters of public debate. Two states, Louisiana and Tennessee, now allow public schools to teach “alternatives” to evolution. Several others allow public funding to support such teaching through charter schools or vouchers. At least for the sake of politics, the issue isn't really whether “faith & science are compatible,” as Scott put it; Pope Francis has said he believes in evolution, for example. Rather, the issue is whether discussions of divine intervention belong in the classroom. That raises fundamental questions about the boundaries between religion and science that Walker, as a president appointing federal judges, would have to consider.

Basic respect for, and appreciation of, science is another issue. Put a bunch of evolutionary biologists in a room and you'll get a lively debate over the precise origins of some species, such as the bat, and the extent to which "random processes," rather than the familiar power of natural selection, shaped populations over time. What you won’t get is denial or skepticism of the insights we now associate with Darwin -- the idea that the species on Earth emerged over a very long time, through a process of hereditary, generation-to-generation change. The science on this is just not up for reasonable debate. "You have to be blinkered or ignorant not to know that," saysJerry Coyne, an evolutionary biologist at the University of Chicago and author of the book Why Evolution Is True.

Interrogating Democrats about whether they accept the expert consensus on evolution, or any other scientific issue, is absolutely fair game. But Republicans have given the press, and the public, more reason to ask questions. Walker's silence turns out to be typical of the GOP presidential field, as Salon's Luke Brinker noted this week. And Republicans have shown similar disregard for science on other issues -- most critically, climate change. As with evolution, you can get a spirited, meaningful debate among the experts over precisely how quickly global warming will take place or exactly what consequences it will have. What you won’t find is a significant number of scientists questioning that the planet is warming because of human activity. And yet Republicans routinely deny this, citing supposed uncertainty over the details as reason not to take action on reducing emissions or pursuing alternative energy more aggressively.

It’s possible that Walker believes in evolution and is simply wary of offending voters -- particularly the white evangelical voters who hold enormous sway in the Republican primaries and are more likely than other groups to question the theory’s basic tenets. Walker’s carefully worded tweets, which manage to talk about science without using the word “evolution,” would be consistent with such caution. Of course, this would only render the question more relevant. As president, Walker would surely have those same voters in mind when contemplating decisions about other issues -- reproductive rights, for instance, or same-sex marriage.

More: Why Scott Walker's Views On Evolution Are Totally Relevant

It should be obvious that Walker's views on evolution are totally relevant.

Another bullshit thread of no importance brought to you by the fake native American Shitting Bull.

Who give a fuck about whether someone believes in evolution or God putting people on the planet?

Since the folks in his State re-elected him guess they could give a shit and neither can anyone with half a brain which Shitting Bull doesn't appear to have.

The lefties tried to get rid of Walker and gues what? They didn't.

Wonder if Ed Shutz has recovered yet??

Human evolution/creationism doesn't write policy. Therefore what he thinks of evolution is irrelevant.

Moving along.

Well, it SHOULD be relevant.

I really honestly want to know if he understands the difference between science and superstition.

And I say this as someone who might consider voting for Walker compared to anyone else from the GOP Clown Car.

Forum List

Back