Why senate Dems. MUST filibuster Gorsuch's consent.....

Just as it was Constitutional for the Senate to refuse to vote on his nomination.

NO, moron......its constitutional to vote down a nominee....Its sheer fucked up-ness to NOT EVEN allow the nominee a hearing for a subsequent vote....based on you morons not liking Obama's tan.

Just as it was Constitutional for the Senate to refuse to vote on his nomination.

NO, moron......its constitutional to vote down a nominee....Its sheer fucked up-ness to NOT EVEN allow the nominee a hearing for a subsequent vote....based on you morons not liking Obama's tan.

The constitution says the senate must advise and consent to any nominee. It doesn't say that advise or consent must be in the form of a vote.

....Its sheer fucked up-ness to NOT EVEN allow the nominee a hearing for a subsequent vote

And yet, Constitutional.

based on you morons not liking Obama's tan.

Based on his failed liberalism.

Don't care. I never claimed garland was extreme. He probably is but i never claimed it.

Our argument has always been we should let the people have a say in who is appointed. They decided trump if the people wanted garland, Hillary would have been elected

Since the HUGE demonstrations clearly point out that there is "buyers' remorse" and that democrats have finally awakened, sure, let the majority of people (always remember WHO won the popular vote) decide.......

It is NOT a wild guess that were the election held today.....after only a couple of weeks of Trump, that the orange clown may indeed not win.

He'd probably win by a larger margin after seeing how Democrats feel about fair elections and democracy.

Well, it's all fine that MasterNat think something would happen.

Does not change the fact that Trump is in for four years and the SCOTUS is going conservative like it has not gone in a long long time.

It doesn't say that advise or consent must be in the form of a vote.

Sure, don't even hold hearings on the nominee because ANYONE that Obama would nominate has to be a bad choice, correct? Ultra partisanship by a bunch of right wing scum bags in the senate. George Orwell would be proud......

Sure, don't even hold hearings on the nominee because ANYONE that Obama would nominate has to be a bad choice, correct? Ultra partisanship by a bunch of right wing scum bags in the senate. George Orwell would be proud......

Anyone who isn't an originalist by definition is a bad choice. If they wont uphold the constitution then yes they are bad.

But bad or good is irrelevant. Out government is set up with checks and balances to limit the power the other branches. One of the checks the senate has is approving court appointments. The senate chose to defer to the people during an election year rather than to approve president Obama's choice. The fact that you don't like the choice the people made doesn't change the fact that trump gets to make it.

And he has made an excellent choice.

Respect the will of the people. Otherwise the people will reject you more

Does not change the fact that Trump is in for four years and the SCOTUS is going conservative like it has not gone in a long long time.

I don't think they have too much to fear. Some of our Republican appointed judges have let us down on multiple occasions.

Sorry child, it was all Constitutional. No matter you kick the floor and scream you can't change anything. Hey, why don't you file a lawsuit?

So what you're saying is that you and your cohorts would not be complaining today if they had a hearing and still voted him down?

I don't think so.

Who got MORE popular votes this past election????...

STOP being a moron and call yourself "the people"......You're just a loud and obnoxious minority..

So what you're saying is that you and your cohorts would not be complaining today if they had a hearing and still voted him down?

I don't think so.

Actually I would have been fine with that....As long as the hearing was televised for the rest of the world to see the level of right wing hypocrisy.

I don't think so.

Actually I would have been fine with that....As long as the hearing was televised for the rest of the world to see the level of right wing hypocrisy.

What hypocrisy do you speak of? You mean allowing other nominees to get on the court and then not have a hearing for one during his last year of presidency?

Sure, don't even hold hearings on the nominee

Yup.

Ultra partisanship by a bunch of right wing scum bags in the senate.

I wonder who they learned it from?

STOP being a moron and call yourself "the people"......You're just a loud and obnoxious minority..

Who got MORE electoral votes this past election????...

You're just a loud and obnoxious minority..

A loud and obnoxious minority..in control of the House, Senate and White House.

I don't think they have too much to fear. Some of our Republican appointed judges have let us down on multiple occasions.

Absolutely correct.

May Earl Warren rot in hell.

Forum List

Back