Why Should God Let You Into Heaven?

And there is no proof that the claims of the Bible aren't true. Zero.

Meanwhile, regarding Christianity in China, that lovely enlightened atheist state:

"According to researchers, the numbers are rising quickly. Professor Fenggang Yang, director of the Center on Religion and Chinese Society at Purdue University, has predicted that China will be home to the largest Christian population by 2030.

"The rapidly growing popularity of religion may be seen as a threat to the Communist Party's authority."

The future of Christianity in China - CNN.com

So you need proof that a man can't live to be 350 years old, a man can't live in the belly of a whale for 3 days, a virgin can't get pregnant or that a man can't come back from the dead after being dead for 3 days?
actually, I would need proof that a deity that created time, whales, pregnancy and life wouldn't be able to handle those tasks....

Do you blame them? Look at the way Christians act in China.

China tries cult members for murder at McDonald s

Believe in Jesus or I'll stab you?

This is why I have such contempt for Atheists.

You know your story is bullshit - no legitimate Christian thinks Jesus is a middle aged Chinese women, but because you have to smear a competing faith, you post this idiotic shit anyway...

Guys, please lets stay on topic and keep this thread civil and about the O.P. For those who reply- we assume that 1. You believe there is a God and 2. want to go to Heaven. Thanks in advance.....

so, why should God let you into Heaven after you die? (serious replies only please).

I may not believe in god but I do want to go to heaven. So, why shouldn't god let me in? What did I do that was so bad?

Please don't say because I didn't believe in him. That was made up by the cult of Christianity. That's how they convince people who don't believe. They scare them into joining or saying they believe. I don't believe man's word, no offense to a god if there is one.

So besides not believing what men tell me, what else have I done that makes me any less worthy than you to get in to heaven?

You sure you wanna go to heaven?

I mean, have you looked around at the so-called christians who screech and preech that they're going to be there too? Think about spending eternity with THAT!

But, don't worry. Except for rapturing, heaven is just about the silliest of the religious myths.

and yet there are millions of Christians in China......apparently they made different choices than you did.....

Not my point. In China, Christianity is viewed and presented in the same way we view Greek Mythology, as absurdity. IF a child is raised this way, he will naturally adopt this view - ergo reject this mythology. So if the goat god were real, would he place the child in such a position just because he has a desire to torture him?

You see, the foundation of your religion makes no sense, it is based on an evil god who sets 2/3rds of people up to go to hell - deliberately.

Oh, I don't reject Christianity - rejection would be to give it credence. I view Christianity with amusement, absurd tales of antiquity.
And in China Christianity is spreading like wildfire, btw...even though it's illegal.

How about christians in the US?

10693411_1533207916915312_528057398_n.jpg

That must be a different Bible than the one I read cover to cover several times....

No argument there. I have posted those very scriptures on here though, right from the King James version. I am totally aware that some Bible versions have changed the wordings to many scriptures.
God's word wasn't good enough, they had men edit it!!! :lol:

Well they wrote it, they had their agenda and they have repeatedly edited it to further that agenda.

Who might you expect to write it? Fairies? Unicorns?
If it was the actual word of god, it wouldn't have been necessary to edit it, don't you think?

It's not my argument. I didn't do it. Don't blame me. I wasn't there. I'm innocent. George Bush did it.

Guys, please lets stay on topic and keep this thread civil and about the O.P. For those who reply- we assume that 1. You believe there is a God and 2. want to go to Heaven. Thanks in advance.....

so, why should God let you into Heaven after you die? (serious replies only please).

I may not believe in god but I do want to go to heaven. So, why shouldn't god let me in? What did I do that was so bad?

Please don't say because I didn't believe in him. That was made up by the cult of Christianity. That's how they convince people who don't believe. They scare them into joining or saying they believe. I don't believe man's word, no offense to a god if there is one.

So besides not believing what men tell me, what else have I done that makes me any less worthy than you to get in to heaven?

I'll have an order of Sealybobo deep fried and extra crispy. Some Ranch sauce too, please.

You know your story is bullshit - no legitimate Christian thinks Jesus is a middle aged Chinese women, but because you have to smear a competing faith, you post this idiotic shit anyway...

No legit Christian believes what the Mormon's believe either yet they too call themselves Christians and many traditional Christians consider them Christians, without even knowing what the differences are.

Fact is, you guys don't care what other sects think or believe, as long as they call themselves "Christians", they're in the club. Just look at how you guys brag how many Christians there are in the world. How many of them believe what you do? Show me 10 different sects of Christianity and I'll show you 10 uniquely different foolish stories.

In 2014 atheists deny the existence of God. They openly boast of their own intelligence and berate that all Christians are ignorant. I wonder how they can be so unaware of God while God's own Apostle Peter was aware of their coming spoke of the atheists so very many years ago? Who is really the ignorant ones here?

2Pe 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
2Pe 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
2Pe 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
2Pe 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
2Pe 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe 3:11Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2Pe 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
2Pe 3:14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

No legit Christian believes what the Mormon's believe either yet they too call themselves Christians and many traditional Christians consider them Christians, without even knowing what the differences are.

Fact is, you guys don't care what other sects think or believe, as long as they call themselves "Christians", they're in the club. Just look at how you guys brag how many Christians there are in the world. How many of them believe what you do? Show me 10 different sects of Christianity and I'll show you 10 uniquely different foolish stories.

Come on now, is that really a gripe to have? The term is a broad term. Fisherman = bream fishermen, bass fishermen, salmon fishermen, trout fishermen, etc.
You're just looking for things to fault. You're gonna get an ulcer.

Many reasons people are allowed into heaven. Yes, Jesus is the judge of all of mankind so none come to the Father but through Christ.

The real scary part for me though is that so many believer presume it is all guaranteed for them. Not so.

The way I understand it, being sinners won't stop them from going to heaven. From what Christians have told me, you just have to believe that Jesus is lord and savior and you have to be born again/baptized as a Christian.
if sinning stopped you from going to heaven there would be no one in heaven.......

So what does your god say it takes? How many people on planet earth do you think will get into your heaven? If there are 10 trillion people, assuming 1/3 being Jew, 1/3 Christian and 1/3 Muslim.
all those who believe what he told them to believe.....(John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.)
those who choose not to go to heaven will not.....

Why would god make believing a story you or your preacher tell me the key to getting into heaven?

And why would god do miracles and insist we believe in miracles when:

Miracles have not been demonstrated to occur. The existence of a miracle would pose logical problems for belief in a god which can supposedly see the future and began the universe with a set of predefined laws. Even if a ‘miracle’ could be demonstrated it would not immediately imply the existence of a god, much less any particular one, as unknown natural processes or agents could still be at work.

Most alleged miracles can be explained as statistically unlikely occurrences. For example, one child surviving a plane crash that kills two hundred others is not a miracle, just as one person winning the lottery is not. In the absence of any empirical evidence, all other claims can be dismissed as the result of magical thinking, misattribution, credulity, hearsay and anecdote. Eye-witness testimony and anecdotal accounts are, by themselves, not reliable or definitive forms of proof for such extraordinary claims.

Divine intervention claims most often concern systems and events for which we have poor predictive capabilities, for example, weather, sports, health and social/economic interactions. Such claims are rarely made in relation to those things we can accurately predict and test e.g. the motion of celestial bodies, boiling point of water and pull of gravity. If a god is constantly intervening in the universe it supposedly created, then it is with such ambiguity as to appear completely indistinguishable from normal background chance.

Theists often fail to adequately apportion blame when claims of their particular god’s ‘infinite mercy’ or ‘omnibenevolence’ involve sparing a few lives in a disaster, or recovery from a debilitating disease – all of which their god would ultimately be responsible for inflicting if it existed. See also: Euthyphro dilemma, Confirmation bias, Cherry Picking.

In 2014 atheists deny the existence of God. They openly boast of their own intelligence and berate that all Christians are ignorant. I wonder how they can be so unaware of God while God's own Apostle Peter was aware of their coming spoke of the atheists so very many years ago? Who is really the ignorant ones here?

2Pe 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
2Pe 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
2Pe 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
2Pe 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
2Pe 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe 3:11Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2Pe 3:13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
2Pe 3:14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

The 2nd thing I would write about after I invented my cult is to beware of people who doubt my wild stories.

Come on now, is that really a gripe to have? The term is a broad term. Fisherman = bream fishermen, bass fishermen, salmon fishermen, trout fishermen, etc.
You're just looking for things to fault. You're gonna get an ulcer.

Christians:

Catholics say they are the one true way
Born agains say they are
Jehova's say only they go to heaven
The crazy Mormon sect of course
Lets not forget the Baptists, Lutherans, Presbyterians, Greek ortghodox, non denomination and the rest.

Forum List

Back