Why Should God Let You Into Heaven?

Geez what guilt. Name some of your best/worst sins please. CONFESS! Since you've been forgiven and that's all in the past, let us know what sins you did.

Oh yea, and admit you will do them again too. Luckily you have a get out of hell free card with Jesus.[/QUOTE]
I was intolerant of your ignorance.....[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Why should I confess my sin to you? You are not my Savior. And it isn't luck, but Grace that keeps my soul from hell....

From your writings about your intolerance, it appears that you will only tolerate what lines up with your own beliefs and misconceptions. Too bad, you are missing out on a lot of good that life has to offer.

Exactly. We don't confess our sins to lunatic message board posters, or lunatics in general. We confess our sins to God. And then when God works miracles in our lives, we witness about it to others, as we feel compelled to do.

But not so other people can justify/vindicate us. It's to bring people to Christ, and for that purpose only.

House Mouse's 2nd paragraph imo is the truth. If God the Father asks me why He should let me in? I will simply say because of Jesus and what He did for me.

That would be my answer, too: Because He said He would.

I think the OP was really trying to get at the idea of "Why do you deserve to go to Heaven?" to which the answer is, "I don't. No one does." Admission into Heaven is based on forgiveness, which is not given because the recipient deserves it, but because they need it, and recognize that need. Both things (forgiveness and admission into Heaven) are acts of mercy and compassion, not rewards for achievement.

Guys, please lets stay on topic and keep this thread civil and about the O.P. For those who reply- we assume that 1. You believe there is a God and 2. want to go to Heaven. Thanks in advance.....

so, why should God let you into Heaven after you die? (serious replies only please).
I've done nothing, NOTHING, that should get me set on fire forever.

That is your opinion, and unfortunately, yours is not the operative opinion on this subject.

Answer me this if you will, and please make some attempt to be honest: Why are you saved if you are? For what purpose? Why does God create some vessels to dishonor if He's going to send them off to some non-existent fiery hell because He created them to dishonor on purpose?

I'm saved by the Grace of God alone because God wills it and had predestined it before creation. My purpose in life is to do God's will.

For the rest of the questions, listen to this sermon.

Ah, predestination again. So why were you selected and predestinated when someone else was predestinated to your fiery hell? Please explain that and please don't simply say 'God already knew they would deny Him". That won't fly since he could have prevented their birth.

Romans 9 English Standard Version (ESV)

I am speaking the truth in Christ—I am not lying; my conscience bears me witness in the Holy Spirit— that I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. For I could wish that I myself were accursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my brothers, my kinsmen according to the flesh. They are Israelites, and to them belong the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the worship, and the promises. To them belong the patriarchs, and from their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ, who is God over all, blessed forever. Amen.

But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For not all who are descended from Israel belong to Israel, and not all are children of Abraham because they are his offspring, but “Through Isaac shall your offspring be named.” This means that it is not the children of the flesh who are the children of God, but the children of the promise are counted as offspring. For this is what the promise said: “About this time next year I will return, and Sarah shall have a son.” And not only so, but also when Rebekah had conceived children by one man, our forefather Isaac, though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad—in order that God's purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of him who calls— she was told, “The older will serve the younger.” As it is written, “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”

What shall we say then? Is there injustice on God's part? By no means! For he says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.” So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy. For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I might show my power in you, and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.” So then he has mercy on whomever he wills, and he hardens whomever he wills.

You will say to me then, “Why does he still find fault? For who can resist his will?” But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, “Why have you made me like this?” Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use? What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory— even us whom he has called, not from the Jews only but also from the Gentiles? As indeed he says in Hosea,

“Those who were not my people I will call ‘my people,’
and her who was not beloved I will call ‘beloved.’”
“And in the very place where it was said to them, ‘You are not my people,’
there they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’”
And Isaiah cries out concerning Israel: “Though the number of the sons of Israel be as the sand of the sea, only a remnant of them will be saved, for the Lord will carry out his sentence upon the earth fully and without delay.” And as Isaiah predicted,

“If the Lord of hosts had not left us offspring,
we would have been like Sodom
and become like Gomorrah.”
What shall we say, then? That Gentiles who did not pursue righteousness have attained it, that is, a righteousness that is by faith; but that Israel who pursued a law that would lead to righteousness did not succeed in reaching that law. Why? Because they did not pursue it by faith, but as if it were based on works. They have stumbled over the stumbling stone, as it is written,

“Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense;
and whoever believes in him will not be put to shame.”

Romans 11 English Standard Version (ESV)

I ask, then, has God rejected his people? By no means! For I myself am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, a member of the tribe of Benjamin. God has not rejected his people whom he foreknew. Do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he appeals to God against Israel? “Lord, they have killed your prophets, they have demolished your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life.” But what is God's reply to him? “I have kept for myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” So too at the present time there is a remnant, chosen by grace. But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.

What then? Israel failed to obtain what it was seeking. The elect obtained it, but the rest were hardened, as it is written,

“God gave them a spirit of stupor,
eyes that would not see
and ears that would not hear,
down to this very day.”
And David says,

“Let their table become a snare and a trap,
a stumbling block and a retribution for them;
let their eyes be darkened so that they cannot see,
and bend their backs forever.”
So I ask, did they stumble in order that they might fall? By no means! Rather through their trespass salvation has come to the Gentiles, so as to make Israel jealous. Now if their trespass means riches for the world, and if their failure means riches for the Gentiles, how much more will their full inclusion mean!

Now I am speaking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch then as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry in order somehow to make my fellow Jews jealous, and thus save some of them. For if their rejection means the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance mean but life from the dead? If the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, so is the whole lump, and if the root is holy, so are the branches.

But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, although a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing root of the olive tree, do not be arrogant toward the branches. If you are, remember it is not you who support the root, but the root that supports you. Then you will say, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith. So do not become proud, but fear. For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you. Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God's kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off. And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again. For if you were cut from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and grafted, contrary to nature, into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, the natural branches, be grafted back into their own olive tree.

Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written,

“The Deliverer will come from Zion,
he will banish ungodliness from Jacob”;
“and this will be my covenant with them
when I take away their sins.”
As regards the gospel, they are enemies for your sake. But as regards election, they are beloved for the sake of their forefathers. For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. For just as you were at one time disobedient to God but now have received mercy because of their disobedience, so they too have now been disobedient in order that by the mercy shown to you they also may now receive mercy. For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all.

Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!

“For who has known the mind of the Lord,
or who has been his counselor?”
“Or who has given a gift to him
that he might be repaid?”
For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.

Stop using the term "fundy" to mean anybody who doesn't believe as you do.

He will burn his children for an eternity, if they reject him. He can't be a JUST and RIGHTEOUS God if he doesn't.

And my saying that is not *denying* anyone anything. I don't deny humanity access to heaven. I offer it to them in the form of Christ. If they reject that, then it is they..not God, and certainly not me...who are denying themselves access to heaven.

Because they reject him? Then your God is no better than Stalin or Hitler. You call that kind of a god just and righteous? You advocate doing the same for your own child? You keep your god, I'll keep mine. They are totally different.

Your love for man leads you to reject God being God. I pray you will see the true light.

And I will pray God softens your heart toward your brothers.

Romans 11 English Standard Version (ESV)

I ask, then, has God rejected his people? By no means! For I myself am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, a member of the tribe of Benjamin. God has not rejected his people whom he foreknew. Do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he appeals to God against Israel? “Lord, they have killed your prophets, they have demolished your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life.” But what is God's reply to him? “I have kept for myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” So too at the present time there is a remnant, chosen by grace. But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.

What then? Israel failed to obtain what it was seeking. The elect obtained it, but the rest were hardened, as it is written,

“God gave them a spirit of stupor,
eyes that would not see
and ears that would not hear,
down to this very day.”
And David says,

“Let their table become a snare and a trap,
a stumbling block and a retribution for them;
let their eyes be darkened so that they cannot see,
and bend their backs forever.”
So I ask, did they stumble in order that they might fall? By no means! Rather through their trespass salvation has come to the Gentiles, so as to make Israel jealous. Now if their trespass means riches for the world, and if their failure means riches for the Gentiles, how much more will their full inclusion mean!

Now I am speaking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch then as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry in order somehow to make my fellow Jews jealous, and thus save some of them. For if their rejection means the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance mean but life from the dead? If the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, so is the whole lump, and if the root is holy, so are the branches.

But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, although a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing root of the olive tree, do not be arrogant toward the branches. If you are, remember it is not you who support the root, but the root that supports you. Then you will say, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith. So do not become proud, but fear. For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you. Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God's kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off. And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again. For if you were cut from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and grafted, contrary to nature, into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, the natural branches, be grafted back into their own olive tree.

Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written,

“The Deliverer will come from Zion,
he will banish ungodliness from Jacob”;
“and this will be my covenant with them
when I take away their sins.”
As regards the gospel, they are enemies for your sake. But as regards election, they are beloved for the sake of their forefathers. For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. For just as you were at one time disobedient to God but now have received mercy because of their disobedience, so they too have now been disobedient in order that by the mercy shown to you they also may now receive mercy. For God has consigned all to disobedience, that he may have mercy on all.

Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways!

“For who has known the mind of the Lord,
or who has been his counselor?”
“Or who has given a gift to him
that he might be repaid?”
For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.

Problem is you don't really understand anything you are posting here. It is all in vain and a total waste of time and server space.

I believe I see a misconception here....Everyone is a CREATION of God, however not everyone is a CHILD OF GOD, The difference being that when a person , a creation of God accepts Christ Jesus as Lord and Savior, then and only then will that person join the family of God as a child of God. But it takes more than just mouthing the words for "fire insurance ', been there and done that myself, but once you Love the Lord with all your heart and put Him first and foremost in your life, then one will see a huge difference in their life and will experience freedom and joy that can be found nowhere else. You will be set free from the shackles of this world.

Not everyone will become a Child of God... and many that call themselves Christians will fall into that category....

It ain't over yet. Who declared it over?

If He was just a Just god then He wouldn't. Fortunately he's merciful as well.

Greg

So this god created you, wrote your DNA. established the conditions in which you live, but YOU should be punished for being what he made you? :eek:

And that doesn't seem just a wee bit absurd to you?

Not to the fundies. It's perfectly justified in their minds for everyone to suffer except them. They even preach that they will be "raptured" away to a life of bliss in heaven while the world burns. They're a great and religious bunch of folks, these fundies. They're Satan's best ambassadors.

If there is a heaven and hell, then hell is the preferable destination. For in heaven you will spend eternity with a being who thought hell was a good idea. Plus the music is better.

Actually in Hell you will also spend an eternity with an omnipotent wrathful God that delights punishing you for your sins eternally.

Hell is very very bad.

As opposed to being with an omnipotent wrathful God that delights in punishing people eternally? Both are very, very bad but hell is cleaner.

I believe I see a misconception here....Everyone is a CREATION of God, however not everyone is a CHILD OF GOD, The difference being that when a person , a creation of God accepts Christ Jesus as Lord and Savior, then and only then will that person join the family of God as a child of God. But it takes more than just mouthing the words for "fire insurance ', been there and done that myself, but once you Love the Lord with all your heart and put Him first and foremost in your life, then one will see a huge difference in their life and will experience freedom and joy that can be found nowhere else. You will be set free from the shackles of this world.

Not everyone will become a Child of God... and many that call themselves Christians will fall into that category....

I don't know who declared it was over...did you perhaps ?? As long as we have a breath in our body, we can declare that Christ is King, and Lord of our lives, but after that last breathe is drawn, well............then your fate is sealed.....but you will still bow down to Him, but sadly, you will be directed elsewhere, and there will be no redemption left...

I don't know who declared it was over...did you perhaps ?? As long as we have a breath in our body, we can declare that Christ is King, and Lord of our lives, but after that last breathe is drawn, well............then your fate is sealed.....but you will still bow down to Him, but sadly, you will be directed elsewhere, and there will be no redemption left...

Do you not believe YHWH to be powerful enough to grant reincarnation if it was the Will of YHWH?

Do you not believe YHWH to be powerful enough to grant reincarnation if it was the Will of YHWH?
If it is His will, of course. God spoke everything into creation, and so He can do anything He wants to do. But that doesn't mean that He WILL.

Forum List

Back