Why Should God Let You Into Heaven?

Answer me this if you will, and please make some attempt to be honest: Why are you saved if you are? For what purpose? Why does God create some vessels to dishonor if He's going to send them off to some non-existent fiery hell because He created them to dishonor on purpose?

I'm saved by the Grace of God alone because God wills it and had predestined it before creation. My purpose in life is to do God's will.

For the rest of the questions, listen to this sermon.

I know it's difficult to accept the reality that, without faith in Jesus Christ, a lot of people you love will go to Hell.

Very difficult indeed. Just remember that the main commandment is to love God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your might.

Hypothetical question-

So lets say a human only worships YHWH. Lets say a human was baptized and accepted Jesus as their "personal Lord and Savior."

According to your beliefs-

This person can explore any religion after that if they wish, right? And still go to "Heaven"? As long as they worship only God? Why should they must remain within the shackles of some specific Christian demonination, when there is so much to learn spiritually from other religions?
(Readers Digest version ) After practicing Wicca for many years, I began to realize that something was missing in my life, there was a hollow place in my heart..... but it seemed as if I couldn't break away from where I was spiritually and were unable to grow spiritually.....until, one night, as I lay in my bed alone and for whatever reason,,,,, I turned and looked up into the stars from my vantage point, and simple said out loud,,,,, "God..if you even exist, I implore you to reach down and take my life, and if you are unwilling to do that, then please help me find my way out of my current situation...." The very next morning, I heard a knock at my door, and a really nice neighbor stood there, and I asked her to come in...made some tea, and asked her why she came.....She shrugged her shoulders, and told me that last night at about midnight, she felt the need to come to see if I was alright.. We talked a bit, enjoyed our tea, and as she was leaving, she suddenly turned and said...."Do you realize that Jesus will remove your chains if you just turn to Him and ask for His help,." It was that day that I removed every trace of Wicca from my home...every book, bell, ...all of it. God began to work all around me, and He removed my chains of darkness that I really wasn't even aware were there....When I finally admitted to myself that I needed the complete freedom from where I was currently at the time, I turned once again to God and asked His forgiveness,,,,, and immediately a gigantic weight lifted from me, and I was finally free...

So you see Goddess,,,,, I am no longer shackled by fear or/and doubt because I know that God will keep His promise to me, and keep me safe in the palm of His mighty hand, and when I leave this world, that I will be with my Lord for all eternity. I am free to study about other religions and beliefs, but I choose to Praise and Worship the Living God...a most awesome God that I enjoy a wonderful personal relationship with. I love to study His word as often as I can...the more I learn and read of His love for us, the more freedom I realize....and I so totally love it.

I will not disrespect you for your belief, because to do so would go against what God would have me do, but I love to share with everyone what God has and is doing for me in my life....

"All MEN' means all the elect? Really?? LOL!

How about answering 1 Timothy 4:10 for me then.

". . . we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe."

The living God is Jesus Christ, who is the Savior of all people. Jesus Christ has the capacity to save all people, however this doesn't mean all people will be saved. Paul is simply saying that all people with faith in Jesus Christ to be their Lord and Savior will be saved.

The beginning of 1 Tim 4 clearly states that the Holy Spirit informed Paul that people will depart from the faith in the later times. These people won't be saved.

1 Timothy 4
English Standard Version (ESV)

Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared, who forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer.

If you put these things before the brothers, you will be a good servant of Christ Jesus, being trained in the words of the faith and of the good doctrine that you have followed. Have nothing to do with irreverent, silly myths. Rather train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come. The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance. For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.

Command and teach these things. Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity. Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to exhortation, to teaching. Do not neglect the gift you have, which was given you by prophecy when the council of elders laid their hands on you. Practice these things, immerse yourself in them, so that all may see your progress. Keep a close watch on yourself and on the teaching. Persist in this, for by so doing you will save both yourself and your hearers.

You failed to address 4:10. Read it. It said all but especially those that believe. You are twisting what is so very plain and easy to see and understand. At least be honest. The difference between you and me is that you claim Christ has already failed and I say it ain't over yet.

I already addressed it. The part, "especially those who believe" is stating how believers can already take comfort and know that they are already saved by Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ accomplished his task perfectly. All those predestined to election will be saved by Jesus Christ.

The Holy Spirit will witness to the truth of what I say.

If something inside you is condemning your brother, it is not the Holy Spirit. You'd best get rid of it. It is demonic. And you totally denied what the scripture plainly says again. A twelve-year old can understand what it clearly says.

Matthew 12 (ESV)

Then a demon-oppressed man who was blind and mute was brought to him, and he healed him, so that the man spoke and saw. And all the people were amazed, and said, “Can this be the Son of David?” But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, “It is only by Beelzebul, the prince of demons, that this man casts out demons.” Knowing their thoughts, he said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself is laid waste, and no city or house divided against itself will stand. And if Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand? And if I cast out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they will be your judges. But if it is by the Spirit of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. Or how can someone enter a strong man's house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man? Then indeed he may plunder his house. Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

Meaning exactly what? It is you fundies with your false doctrines that are the very reason that churches are loosing their members. People are not uneducated anymore. They can read for themselves. Many of the atheists on here understand better than you. You make our Father the most heinous of beasts with your hellish false preachings.

Answer me this if you will, and please make some attempt to be honest: Why are you saved if you are? For what purpose? Why does God create some vessels to dishonor if He's going to send them off to some non-existent fiery hell because He created them to dishonor on purpose?

I'm saved by the Grace of God alone because God wills it and had predestined it before creation. My purpose in life is to do God's will.

That is the sad part of it. You claim you are saved and have no earthly idea why. Don't you think it is high time you studied your Bible and found the answer?

Nobody deserves heaven, none of us are worthy.

But God loves us, so he found a way to purify us..and that is through the blood of Christ. Christ covered our debt, so that we can spend eternity with God. Otherwise, we wouldn't be able to.

Nobody deserves heaven, none of us are worthy.

But God loves us, so he found a way to purify us..and that is through the blood of Christ. Christ covered our debt, so that we can spend eternity with God. Otherwise, we wouldn't be able to.

Indeed He does. No greater love ever existed. Yet, these fundies claim He will burn His own children for eternity. How can any human being hate his brother so much as to deny the loving kindness our Father bestows upon us all?

Stop using the term "fundy" to mean anybody who doesn't believe as you do.

He will burn his children for an eternity, if they reject him. He can't be a JUST and RIGHTEOUS God if he doesn't.

And my saying that is not *denying* anyone anything. I don't deny humanity access to heaven. I offer it to them in the form of Christ. If they reject that, then it is they..not God, and certainly not me...who are denying themselves access to heaven.

He will burn his children for an eternity, if they reject him. He can't be a JUST and RIGHTEOUS God if he doesn't.

And my saying that is not *denying* anyone anything. I don't deny humanity access to heaven. I offer it to them in the form of Christ. If they reject that, then it is they..not God, and certainly not me...who are denying themselves access to heaven.

Because they reject him? Then your God is no better than Stalin or Hitler. You call that kind of a god just and righteous? You advocate doing the same for your own child? You keep your god, I'll keep mine. They are totally different.

Ah, predestination again. So why were you selected and predestinated when someone else was predestinated to your fiery hell? Please explain that and please don't simply say 'God already knew they would deny Him". That won't fly since he could have prevented their birth.

Because they reject him? Then your God is no better than Stalin or Hitler. You call that kind of a god just and righteous? You advocate doing the same for your own child? You keep your god, I'll keep mine. They are totally different.

You can't expect the most powerful being in the Universe to never use Its powers of Destruction...

You can't expect the most powerful being in the Universe to never use Its powers of Destruction...

I don't and He has. Remember Sodom? Your point?

He probably shouldn't. I certainly don't deserve it. I am a sinner, and even a hypocrite at times. I don't mean to be, but my flesh is weak...... however I do have the HS that slaps me up side of the head when I do wrong, thus getting my attention, thus allowing me to repent of my sin right then and there,,,,,,I do try not to repeat my sin, but still, in my imperfections, I find myself in that same pickle again....if not a repeat offender, then a new temptation or omission, or worldly thought or selfish deed..

However, I truly have accepted Christ as Lord of my life, and I know that no matter what,,,,I cannot be removed from my Fathers hand, but I also know that I am nothing more than filthy rags in my sin, and will have some major splainin' to do if I have unconfessed sin in my life. I do confess my sins constantly it seems, and pray that when my time in this world is through, I will be faced to face with my Lord, and hear him say "Well done my good and faithful servant " rather than " Depart from me, for I never knew you....."

So, although I am undeserving, because I am truly born again, and I love my Lord, I know He will keep His promise, and I will enter the Kingdom when I leave this world,,,, but I will never be good enough to deserve it....Never !!

Geez what guilt. Name some of your best/worst sins please. CONFESS! Since you've been forgiven and that's all in the past, let us know what sins you did.

Oh yea, and admit you will do them again too. Luckily you have a get out of hell free card with Jesus.
I was intolerant of your ignorance.....

". . . we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe."

The living God is Jesus Christ, who is the Savior of all people. Jesus Christ has the capacity to save all people, however this doesn't mean all people will be saved. Paul is simply saying that all people with faith in Jesus Christ to be their Lord and Savior will be saved.

The beginning of 1 Tim 4 clearly states that the Holy Spirit informed Paul that people will depart from the faith in the later times. These people won't be saved.

1 Timothy 4
English Standard Version (ESV)

Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared, who forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth. For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, for it is made holy by the word of God and prayer.

If you put these things before the brothers, you will be a good servant of Christ Jesus, being trained in the words of the faith and of the good doctrine that you have followed. Have nothing to do with irreverent, silly myths. Rather train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come. The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance. For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.

Command and teach these things. Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity. Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to exhortation, to teaching. Do not neglect the gift you have, which was given you by prophecy when the council of elders laid their hands on you. Practice these things, immerse yourself in them, so that all may see your progress. Keep a close watch on yourself and on the teaching. Persist in this, for by so doing you will save both yourself and your hearers.

You failed to address 4:10. Read it. It said all but especially those that believe. You are twisting what is so very plain and easy to see and understand. At least be honest. The difference between you and me is that you claim Christ has already failed and I say it ain't over yet.

I already addressed it. The part, "especially those who believe" is stating how believers can already take comfort and know that they are already saved by Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ accomplished his task perfectly. All those predestined to election will be saved by Jesus Christ.

The Holy Spirit will witness to the truth of what I say.

If something inside you is condemning your brother, it is not the Holy Spirit. You'd best get rid of it. It is demonic. And you totally denied what the scripture plainly says again. A twelve-year old can understand what it clearly says.

Matthew 12 (ESV)

Then a demon-oppressed man who was blind and mute was brought to him, and he healed him, so that the man spoke and saw. And all the people were amazed, and said, “Can this be the Son of David?” But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, “It is only by Beelzebul, the prince of demons, that this man casts out demons.” Knowing their thoughts, he said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself is laid waste, and no city or house divided against itself will stand. And if Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand? And if I cast out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they will be your judges. But if it is by the Spirit of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. Or how can someone enter a strong man's house and plunder his goods, unless he first binds the strong man? Then indeed he may plunder his house. Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

Meaning exactly what? It is you fundies with your false doctrines that are the very reason that churches are loosing their members. People are not uneducated anymore. They can read for themselves. Many of the atheists on here understand better than you. You make our Father the most heinous of beasts with your hellish false preachings.

"But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, “It is only by Beelzebul, the prince of demons, that this man casts out demons.” Knowing their thoughts, he said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself is laid waste, and no city or house divided against itself will stand. And if Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand? And if I cast out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they will be your judges. But if it is by the Spirit of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you."

-Just the Pharisees said that Jesus was casting out demons by Beelzebul, you said that the Holy Spirit is a actually a demon.

"Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come."

-Whoever is not with God and his Word is against God and his Word. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is when you reject the Spirit of Truth. You see the Holy Spirit good teachings and stated that they are actually evil teachings from a demon.

I believe I see a misconception here....Everyone is a CREATION of God, however not everyone is a CHILD OF GOD, The difference being that when a person , a creation of God accepts Christ Jesus as Lord and Savior, then and only then will that person join the family of God as a child of God. But it takes more than just mouthing the words for "fire insurance ', been there and done that myself, but once you Love the Lord with all your heart and put Him first and foremost in your life, then one will see a huge difference in their life and will experience freedom and joy that can be found nowhere else. You will be set free from the shackles of this world.

Not everyone will become a Child of God... and many that call themselves Christians will fall into that category....

I don't and He has. Remember Sodom? Your point?

My point is...

YHWH isn't Aphrodite. YHWH ain't Cupid. YHWH is not "the god of love".

YHWH is a Master of Creation and a Master of of Destruction.

So what YHWH sends humans to Hell. Get over it.

YHWH fucking kills people in the most badass of ways.

Get over it.

Your love for man leads you to reject God being God. I pray you will see the true light.

He probably shouldn't. I certainly don't deserve it. I am a sinner, and even a hypocrite at times. I don't mean to be, but my flesh is weak...... however I do have the HS that slaps me up side of the head when I do wrong, thus getting my attention, thus allowing me to repent of my sin right then and there,,,,,,I do try not to repeat my sin, but still, in my imperfections, I find myself in that same pickle again....if not a repeat offender, then a new temptation or omission, or worldly thought or selfish deed..

However, I truly have accepted Christ as Lord of my life, and I know that no matter what,,,,I cannot be removed from my Fathers hand, but I also know that I am nothing more than filthy rags in my sin, and will have some major splainin' to do if I have unconfessed sin in my life. I do confess my sins constantly it seems, and pray that when my time in this world is through, I will be faced to face with my Lord, and hear him say "Well done my good and faithful servant " rather than " Depart from me, for I never knew you....."

So, although I am undeserving, because I am truly born again, and I love my Lord, I know He will keep His promise, and I will enter the Kingdom when I leave this world,,,, but I will never be good enough to deserve it....Never !!

Geez what guilt. Name some of your best/worst sins please. CONFESS! Since you've been forgiven and that's all in the past, let us know what sins you did.

Oh yea, and admit you will do them again too. Luckily you have a get out of hell free card with Jesus.

Guys, please lets stay on topic and keep this thread civil and about the O.P. For those who reply- we assume that 1. You believe there is a God and 2. want to go to Heaven. Thanks in advance.....

so, why should God let you into Heaven after you die? (serious replies only please).

I was crushed as a child when my mom told me the punishment for sin is death. I told my mother I won't ever sin, she said, "too late, you already did so you will die". Too bad there isn't a waiver for children or something.

Religion is child abuse

Teaching kids they're worthless sinners headed for hell is child abuse,

Famed Atheist Richard Dawkins Forcing Religion on Kids Is 8216 Child Abuse 8217 TheBlaze.com

Guys, please lets stay on topic and keep this thread civil and about the O.P. For those who reply- we assume that 1. You believe there is a God and 2. want to go to Heaven. Thanks in advance.....

so, why should God let you into Heaven after you die? (serious replies only please).

I was crushed as a child when my mom told me the punishment for sin is death. I told my mother I won't ever sin, she said, "too late, you already did so you will die". Too bad there isn't a waiver for children or something.

Religion is child abuse

Teaching kids they're worthless sinners headed for hell is child abuse,

Famed Atheist Richard Dawkins Forcing Religion on Kids Is 8216 Child Abuse 8217 TheBlaze.com

If it's child abuse, you should call the police and report it. Please do that.

Forum List

Back