Why the double standard democrats?

Republicans control the Justice Dept
What are they waitin* for?
Why do Republicans need to ask for what the democrats have claimed is a MUST for a political situation? You TURDS opened this can of worms and now want to avoid being slime by it?

Sorry pal
You guys won the election...it was in all the papers
You want him arrested, it is your hands
DonrytKXgAAna-w.jpg

Republicans control the Justice Dept
What are they waitin* for?
Both issues are state matters. The point of this thread was supposed to be asking the left “I thought all women should be believed.” Especially in Ellison’s case, where it’s very recent, and a shit ton of evidence in text message form, picture form, friends and family who corroborate, and even a doctors examination, and another former accuser. This versus Ford that was 36 years ago, the only alleged witness to the even deny anything, and a bunch of big ole holes are being pointed out.

We already know the answer, we just want to hear it from y’all.

Police won't investigate Ellison for abuse; cite conflict

Kavenaugh was guilty just by being accused why suddenly is it different for one of yours? I liked where his lawyer said the cops shouldn't be involved because she never filed a police report.... wait Kavenaugh's accuser never did either and they demanded the FBI investigate.

bart o'kavanaugh is guilty of being an angry vindictive partisan with a strange sense of "checking your political beliefs" at the door.

Kavenaugh was guilty just by being accused why suddenly is it different for one of yours? I liked where his lawyer said the cops shouldn't be involved because she never filed a police report.... wait Kavenaugh's accuser never did either and they demanded the FBI investigate.
Ellison allegedly pulled a woman off his bed. Kavanaugh allegedly ran a gang rape operation. Can't compare the 2.
Yea sweatnick basically walked that all back...so, why isn’t the left demanding an investigation into Ellison?

Just separate Kav and Ellison, shouldn’t we, based off of the evidence, be looking closer into Ellison? Where are ya left? I’m hearing crickets, and/or punting on 1st down with “well kav allegedly ran a gang rape club” that NO ONE honestly believes for a second. Pssst, your hypocrisy is showing.

This fails as a false comparison fallacy.
We don’t have to compare (although it’s a more than fair comparison considering the lefts lack of standards). Separate Kav and Ellison. Shouldn’t we be taking a closer look at very credible accusations of abuse by one of the most powerful democrats?

Sigh....Did you read the article you linked? The Dems asked the Mini PD to investigate and they said they had a conflict of interest or could see how a conflict of interest could be perceived. Another agency is now being looked for to conduct an investigation. If you want the FBI called in fine, but it does not seem that anyone is this trying to hide or stop this investigation. No Obstruction! (Please take that final line as the friendly joke it was intended as and not an attack)
Also, I’m confused. You’re pointing out the Dems hypocrisy (a point I concede) by showing your own hypocrisy (a point I hope you concede). Do you care about assault claims or not? If you want to defend Judge Kavanaugh against unprovable claims then defend Ellison with the same vigor. If you want Ellison to face justice (which I agree with wholeheartedly) then let us also hold Kavanaugh to the same criteria.
To be clear, I’m not saying any stance you take is problematic but at least try to be consistent.

Ellison allegedly pulled a woman off his bed. Kavanaugh allegedly ran a gang rape operation. Can't compare the 2.
No credible evidence exists to support that claim, none at all. But you have no problem repeating it. Again why don't the dems demand the FBI investigate that is the standard they set for Republicans.
Wrong.

There is no ‘double standard.’

Kavanaugh isn’t subject to a criminal investigation, he isn’t being charged with a crime, no one says Kavanaugh is ‘guilty’ of anything – consequently, the notion of ‘evidence’ doesn’t come into play.

[Rhetorical] Are conservatives truly this stupid or truly this dishonest – likely both.

Sigh....Did you read the article you linked? The Dems asked the Mini PD to investigate and they said they had a conflict of interest or could see how a conflict of interest could be perceived. Another agency is now being looked for to conduct an investigation. If you want the FBI called in fine, but it does not seem that anyone is this trying to hide or stop this investigation. No Obstruction! (Please take that final line as the friendly joke it was intended as and not an attack)
Also, I’m confused. You’re pointing out the Dems hypocrisy (a point I concede) by showing your own hypocrisy (a point I hope you concede). Do you care about assault claims or not? If you want to defend Judge Kavanaugh against unprovable claims then defend Ellison with the same vigor. If you want Ellison to face justice (which I agree with wholeheartedly) then let us also hold Kavanaugh to the same criteria.
To be clear, I’m not saying any stance you take is problematic but at least try to be consistent.
An actual fair response for once. However, you cannot hold the two to the same standard. Why, because there is actual legit evidence going against Ellison. Like, a lot of it. It’s all still alleged, nothing prooved, but it doesn’t look good for Ellison.

In Fords case, it allegedly was 36 years ago, she cannot provide important details to help corroborate the story such as time, date, place, nothing of that sort. Those she alleges were there do not back her up, remember any such party, and her best friend at the time claims that ford didn’t even know kavanaugh. She has changed her already vague date of when this happened about 4 times already. Her “evidence” of reporting this to a therapist goes against her story, since the therapist noted that she said there were 4 attackers, not 2 (either shitty therapist who can’t do the most important part of job listening to clients traumatic events, which is surprising that a psych PHD would work with that, or something doesn’t add up in her story). A former boy friend of 6 years cane out, under penalty of purgery, claims that Ford purgered herself during testimony and did in fact coach a friend on polygraphs, has no fear of flying or claustrophobia, never mentioned any sexual assault, and she also racked up 600 on his credit card after they broke up. She also claimed she initially went to the therapy session to work out dispute with husband on getting a second front door installed because of this alleged trauma that caused the fear of a lack of escape/claustrophobia. That’s a lie, since the door was installed 4 years prior to session, and it was to establish a practice for her, as well as an extra wing of the house to rent out to students or whoever. She also happens to be on the board of a group vowing to block trump SCOTUS nominations.

There are definite arrows pointing with both these allegations. Fords is not pointing in her direction. If she is lying about this, shame on her, and she should rot in hell for ruining a mans reputation and putting his family through hell, and metophrically slapping every women across the face who has gone through this and is an actual victim. I think we all can agree on that part.

No credible evidence exists to support that claim, none at all. But you have no problem repeating it. Again why don't the dems demand the FBI investigate that is the standard they set for Republicans.
Wrong.

Kavanaugh isn’t subject to a criminal investigation, he isn’t being charged with a crime, no one says Kavanaugh is ‘guilty’ of anything – consequently, the notion of ‘evidence’ doesn’t come into play.

[Rhetorical] Are conservatives truly this stupid or truly this dishonest – likely both.
No shit there isn’t a criminal investigation, because there’s nothing to investigate. Yet the left thinks it’s ok to put his entire career, reputation, family, etc, are all on the line over accusations that are sounding more and more unbelievable as we gather new information...in what we all know is an obvious stall tactic. If these are false allegations...what should happen to ford?

The rights whole point on the matter here is you cannot go off of baseless accusations like this. This is clearly a political maneuver, and it can ruin a mans life. This cannot be our standard, but the left no longer has standards. We just want to see y’all try to weakly explain the hypocrisy away (like you are demonstrating beautifully). It’s actually sad seeing y’all still trying to look away from this, say jack shit about Ellison, and somehow gather the audacity to pretend like you’re somehow the righteous ones in this situation. Believe all women my ass. We know who y’all really are, and so do you.

For pulling a woman off of his bed? Not what I'd use the FBI for, but sure. We ousted Franken for less, after all.
But you support 36 year old claims from a woman that can not remember how many men attacked her where she was or when it happened.

Wrong.

Great points, unfortunately dishonesty and stupidity seem to be becoming an American birthright, regardless of where on the political spectrum folks fall.
An actual fair response for once. However, you cannot hold the two to the same standard. Why, because there is actual legit evidence going against Ellison. Like, a lot of it. It’s all still alleged, nothing prooved, but it doesn’t look good for Ellison.

In Fords case, it allegedly was 36 years ago, she cannot provide important details to help corroborate the story such as time, date, place, nothing of that sort. Those she alleges were there do not back her up, remember any such party, and her best friend at the time claims that ford didn’t even know kavanaugh. She has changed her already vague date of when this happened about 4 times already. Her “evidence” of reporting this to a therapist goes against her story, since the therapist noted that she said there were 4 attackers, not 2 (either shitty therapist who can’t do the most important part of job listening to clients traumatic events, which is surprising that a psych PHD would work with that, or something doesn’t add up in her story). A former boy friend of 6 years cane out, under penalty of purgery, claims that Ford purgered herself during testimony and did in fact coach a friend on polygraphs, has no fear of flying or claustrophobia, never mentioned any sexual assault, and she also racked up 600 on his credit card after they broke up. She also claimed she initially went to the therapy session to work out dispute with husband on getting a second front door installed because of this alleged trauma that caused the fear of a lack of escape/claustrophobia. That’s a lie, since the door was installed 4 years prior to session, and it was to establish a practice for her, as well as an extra wing of the house to rent out to students or whoever. She also happens to be on the board of a group vowing to block trump SCOTUS nominations.

There are definite arrows pointing with both these allegations. Fords is not pointing in her direction. If she is lying about this, shame on her, and she should rot in hell for ruining a mans reputation and putting his family through hell, and metophrically slapping every women across the face who has gone through this and is an actual victim. I think we all can agree on that part.
Fair points, but Ellison is facing potential criminal charges and Kavanaugh is being examined for a spot on the SC. I agree completely with your final paragraph starting with “If she is lying...”, but the truth is we don’t and will never really know. It is conceivable that both are telling the truth so far as they know it. Again, your point, this took place 36 years ago and I know I could recount very few details of anything that happened that long ago(yes I’m old enough to forget what happened 36 years ago)other than some basic brush strokes. Even the really important events!
It was a pathetic political move for the Dems to handle these allegations they way they have, but that in itself does not disprove the allegations or the need for us to hold SC Justices to a high standard. In the end, the Senate must decide whether the allegations are viable enough to keep him off the court, we get no say. Based on the discourse about this I’ve been witnessing the last week or so, that is probably a good thing.

Forum List

Back