Why the fight against Birth Control?

Seriously...I just don't get it.

What's wrong with letting women have it?

The argument that they shouldn't have it free doesn't fly. ACA includes a bunch of different free items: Preventive care benefits for adults - but I have yet to hear an argument against aspirin or vaccinations being offered and birth control is a relatively cheap thing to offer.

The Pill is, as of this time, the most reliable method of pregnancy prevention. Yes...abstinence itself works, but isn't realistic as few people stick with it and, frankly, why should they if the pill can offer a more reliable option if they don't want to be abstinent? There is a direct correlation between preventing unwanted pregnancies, particularly teens, and the availability of reliable contraception.

It is about backward religious traditions mostly.

Yes the far left religion is very backwards, but it was rejected!

Lol, what? Anyway, I said mostly. There are also just the creepy guys who know that "mistake sex" is their only chance of passing on their DNA.

The OP is a false argument created by Liberals to distract from the fact that Obama violated the Constitution with the ACA by mandating hospitals tun by religious institution had to hand out / provide contraceptives AND PERFORM ABORTIONS

When push-back came from these gospitals, when the Constititional violation regarding mandated abortions and handing our THE MORNING AFTER PILLS by hospitals run by religious entities / faiths liberals quickly created the false narative that Conservatives were against providing women with 'contraceptives' and also created the term 'War On Women' also as part of their distraction.

This is documented history. Those of us who pay attention and who lived through this know it well.

So once again liberals are going to blow the dust off of the false narative / lie and push it again?! I am sure there are lots of people, after this long, who have forbotten the facts or never even heard about it, so the libs have a whole new audience to lie to.

The fact is the GOP never - NEVER - opposed contraceptives for women. The Morning After pill, however, is an extremely controvertial 'contraceptive', especially to tose who morally / religiously disagree with it.

Barry and liberals sought to ram abortions and the morning after pill down the throats of the religious who run hospitals and who have a religious objection, which is protected by the Constitution.

Again, Barry got called out for over-stepping his Constititional power in the ACA so libs spun it to get the focus off Barry hy claiming the mean ol' GOP just wants to control women by witholding Contraceptives.

As Barry repeatedly proved over and overwith the ACA he could not sell it to the American peole without lying his ass off about every aspect of the bill.

Sorry, the GOP hates women & are against contraceptives for women' has already been tried and failed the 1st time.

Here's an idea - pretty far out there but here goes....maybe Liberals could try BEING HONEST?! Yeah, I know there is a risk you could spontaneously burst into flames if you did, but that is a chance I am willing to take. :p

The argument that they shouldn't have it free doesn't fly. ACA includes a bunch of different free items: Preventive care benefits for adults - but I have yet to hear an argument against aspirin or vaccinations being offered and birth control is a relatively cheap thing to offer.

The Pill is, as of this time, the most reliable method of pregnancy prevention. Yes...abstinence itself works, but isn't realistic as few people stick with it and, frankly, why should they if the pill can offer a more reliable option if they don't want to be abstinent? There is a direct correlation between preventing unwanted pregnancies, particularly teens, and the availability of reliable contraception.

Lol, what? Anyway, I said mostly. There are also just the creepy guys who know that "mistake sex" is their only chance of passing on their DNA.

Yes look at Bill Clinton!

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Creepy Uncle Joe?

Birth control is easily and cheaply available. Only a special kind of retard thinks the rate of unwanted pregnancies is the result of the unavailability of birth control.

As birth control has become more and more available, unwanted pregnancies and single parenthood have skyrocketed.

So this problem has NOTHING to do with "free" birth control and EVERYTHING to do with the encouragement and incentivizing of irresponsible behavior.

Access to free birth control reduces abortion rates

Colorado’s Effort Against Teenage Pregnancies Is a Startling Success
2i27g3a.gif

So, no free birthcontrol. What are your suggestions for reducing unwanted pregnancies, teen pregnancies and abortion then?

Just "personal responsibility"? Perhaps you can show how well that has worked in reality.
Education. Education. Education. Accountability.

Half of all abortions are the result of no birth control of any kind being used during the sex which led to the pregnancy. Another fifth are due to the improper or inconsistent use of birth control.

80 percent of all abortions could be prevented with education. You can throw all the free condoms and birth control at the irresponsible you like, and we have, and it doesn't make a dent in unwanted pregnancies or single motherhood without extensive public education and accountability.

I think the point is moot. A large percentage of people who get pregnant would forget to the take the pill anyway.

Yet - countries where it is freely available have lower rates of teen pregnancies, unwanted pregnancies and abortions then we do.
Nothing is free. Why don't you liberals get that?

Of course nothing is free, why don't you get that we realize that?

Some things are worth paying for. I don't need birth control. I don't have a child to be educated or vaccinated. But I'm not crying about having to pay for it.
Why do you think it is the taxpayer's responsibility? Where will it end? Is there an end? Do liberals ever take responsibility for their choices or is it the taxpayers who must always foot the bill?

I foot the bill for educating other people's kids :dunno:

Do conservatives ever take responsibility for their choices...?
You own property?

Vaccines prevent the spread of disease. Birth control does not prevent disease. I can see how pro-abortion people confuse pregnancy with a disease, though. It's too bad there isn't a vaccine for that kind of sickness in the head.

Birth control can prevent unwanted pregnancies and reduce abortions. I would think you anti-choice people would be all for it.
Masturbation, oral, and abstinence do the job of avoiding pregnancy just fine. And they don't cost everyone else a dime. You just want to do whatever it is you want to do, and have the rest of society finance it, rather than make responsible, mature decisions.

Oddly enough, that doesn't seem reflected in pregnancy statistics.

Exactly "free" birth control has nothing to do with personal responsibility.

But you far left drones do not care for that, you want the government to dictate your lives to you!

I'm less interested in "personal responsibility" then I am in reducing unwanted pregnancies, teen pregnancies and abortion. You can lecture all you want on personal responsibility but in the end, when you are faced with the long term social costs of unwanted children, teen mothers who drop out of school and perpetrate the cycle of single teenage mothers, personal responsibility doesn't count for shit.
PERFECT EXAMPLE of her stupidity. She does not want to EDUCATE the people how NOT to get pregnant and why, she just wants them to know fucking is free with free contraceptives.

So what bill or laws that prevents you from getting birth control?

Go to any clinic and you can get free rubbers, they even pass out rubbers in schools, so what are you far left drones trying to get at?

Maybe you should take responsibility for your actions and stop trying to blame others for your mistakes, like creating this horrid thread.

It is time to have elections on the mods..

Oh, shut up.

is that your pet chicken? love it

Birth control is easily and cheaply available. Only a special kind of retard thinks the rate of unwanted pregnancies is the result of the unavailability of birth control.

As birth control has become more and more available, unwanted pregnancies and single parenthood have skyrocketed.

So this problem has NOTHING to do with "free" birth control and EVERYTHING to do with the encouragement and incentivizing of irresponsible behavior.

2i27g3a.gif

And we can make graphs say anything, can't we?

abc379a0-e010-11e3-b4ff-bb498b65b483_per-capita-consumption-of-beef-us_deaths-caused-by-lightning.png.cf.jpg

f324f170-e010-11e3-b4ff-bb498b65b483_number-of-films-nicolas-cage-appeared-in_female-editors-on-harvard-law-review.png.cf.jpg
1bbd1810-e011-11e3-ab49-4d155847e5b1_divorce-rate-in-maine_per-capita-consumption-of-margarine-us.png.cf.jpg

You're misusing the term "free", and the government shouldn't be using other people's money to buy things for lazy people in the first place. It's not the government's job to provide healthcare, let alone contraception.

Yes...abstinence itself works, but isn't realistic as few people stick with it
When someone makes a decision, they are accepting the consequences of that decision. If they can't afford a child, or don't want one, then they shouldn't be sleeping with anyone. Don't want to get pregnant? Don't be a whore. Can't afford contraception? You can't afford to be a whore. The fact is that abstinence is completely realistic, but people are stupid. People should have to live with the consequences of their own stupidity.

Woah. So getting pregnant means one is a whore? Seriously?

Depends entirely on whether or not the whore in question is married.

I look at this from a public health/cost perspective. Whether you like it or not - unwanted pregnancies, teen pregnancies in particular COST society. Prevention is relatively inexpensive compared to the social cost of unwanted and teen pregnancies. And it seems to work.

So yes, you can go on about personal responsibility and I'm all for that except it really doesn't work well in reality. I'm totally for education, teaching them about personal responsibility, helping them understand the costs to them of unprepared motherhood - but just in case, let's also give them birth control because young people are young people and if, for whatever reason, they fail to meet the morality standards you demand - at least let's not have them become pregnant.
They shouldn't COST SOCIETY, they should cost the whore in question, since it was partly her decision, and the walking dong that failed to control himself. It works just fine. If some whore lacks self control, that shouldn't be the problem of her tax-paying neighbor, it should be HER problem, and the problem of the walking dong that is ALSO responsible for their stupid decision.

Oh, you don't seem to understand, I don't demand any moral standard, the vast majority of people are stupid and lack morals. I expect nothing from humans in general, they exist almost entirely to fail your expectations, and to take for themselves. They are selfish creatures who, when an opportunity presents itself, will make whatever stupid decisions are available. No, what I expect is for every human being to be responsible for the decisions they make, and the consequences that result from said decision, regardless of how dire. The government is not responsible, their tax-paying neighbors are not responsible, THEY are responsible, as in the individuals who failed to control themselves, lacked foresight, and all around are stupid people.
Woa wait a second you lying to us?
I don't know what you're talking about. Your post seems random, out of context, and off-topic. Please elaborate.

Last edited:

2i27g3a.gif

That is a chart of all out of wedlock births, not just teen pregnancies and abortions. It includes everyone and says as much about changing attitudes towards marriage and childbirth as it does birth control. Before the 60's out of wedlock births were largely handled by forced marriages.

Teen pregnancies and abortion rates are the most concerning. And free birth control has shown to have an effect on those trends.

So, no free birthcontrol. What are your suggestions for reducing unwanted pregnancies, teen pregnancies and abortion then?

Just "personal responsibility"? Perhaps you can show how well that has worked in reality.
Education. Education. Education. Accountability.

Half of all abortions are the result of no birth control of any kind being used during the sex which led to the pregnancy. Another fifth are due to the improper or inconsistent use of birth control.

80 percent of all abortions could be prevented with education. You can throw all the free condoms and birth control at the irresponsible you like, and we have, and it doesn't make a dent in unwanted pregnancies or single motherhood without extensive public education and accountability.

I actually agree in part, you need both education AND effective birth control.

You want to make them take responsibility but you don't want to make that choice any easier by providing free bc.

You think abortion is horrible but you don't want to reduce the rates by making birth control free.

You want them to suffer the consequences for their bad choices but those consequences may include children which you also don't want to support on the government dime.

It seems that it's not just about personal responsibility, it's about moral judgements and punishment.
Of course it's horrible, and unconstitutional, which is why it should be illegal. Yet you don't seem to think that people should be held accountable for their actions. If people are given birth control with other people's money, they aren't being held accountable.

Guess they should think about that before sleeping around.

Not true. Nobody else should be forced to pay for someone else's stuff. Something liberals seem take as the solution to literally everything. Something's wrong with society? Let everyone shirk their own responsibilities and everyone else can pay for it.

Last edited:
Birth control can prevent unwanted pregnancies and reduce abortions. I would think you anti-choice people would be all for it.
Masturbation, oral, and abstinence do the job of avoiding pregnancy just fine. And they don't cost everyone else a dime. You just want to do whatever it is you want to do, and have the rest of society finance it, rather than make responsible, mature decisions.

Oddly enough, that doesn't seem reflected in pregnancy statistics.

Exactly "free" birth control has nothing to do with personal responsibility.

But you far left drones do not care for that, you want the government to dictate your lives to you!

I'm less interested in "personal responsibility" then I am in reducing unwanted pregnancies, teen pregnancies and abortion. You can lecture all you want on personal responsibility but in the end, when you are faced with the long term social costs of unwanted children, teen mothers who drop out of school and perpetrate the cycle of single teenage mothers, personal responsibility doesn't count for shit.
PERFECT EXAMPLE of her stupidity. She does not want to EDUCATE the people how NOT to get pregnant and why, she just wants them to know fucking is free with free contraceptives.
If you read what I've written you would see that I advocate for both education and contraception. Maybe you should read before yapping and looking like a moron.

Yet - countries where it is freely available have lower rates of teen pregnancies, unwanted pregnancies and abortions then we do.
Nothing is free. Why don't you liberals get that?

Of course nothing is free, why don't you get that we realize that?

Some things are worth paying for. I don't need birth control. I don't have a child to be educated or vaccinated. But I'm not crying about having to pay for it.
Why do you think it is the taxpayer's responsibility? Where will it end? Is there an end? Do liberals ever take responsibility for their choices or is it the taxpayers who must always foot the bill?

I foot the bill for educating other people's kids :dunno:

Do conservatives ever take responsibility for their choices...?
You own property?
Yes.

You want to make them take responsibility but you don't want to make that choice any easier by providing free bc.

You think abortion is horrible but you don't want to reduce the rates by making birth control free.

You want them to suffer the consequences for their bad choices but those consequences may include children which you also don't want to support on the government dime.

It seems that it's not just about personal responsibility, it's about moral judgements and punishment.
Of course it's horrible, yet you don't seem to think that people should be held accountable for their actions. If people are given birth control with other people's money, they aren't being held accountable.

Guess they should think about that before sleeping around.

Not true. Nobody else should be forced to pay for someone else's stuff. Something liberals seem take as the solution to literally everything. Something's wrong with society? Let everyone shirk their own responsibilities and everyone else can pay for it.

Yet I have to pay for the education of other people's kids :dunno:

Forum List

Back