Why the fight against Birth Control?

You want to make them take responsibility but you don't want to make that choice any easier by providing free bc.

You think abortion is horrible but you don't want to reduce the rates by making birth control free.

You want them to suffer the consequences for their bad choices but those consequences may include children which you also don't want to support on the government dime.

It seems that it's not just about personal responsibility, it's about moral judgements and punishment.
Not moral... Just cause and effect. And your cause shouldn't effect me. I didn't ask to be a part of your life, or your kids life. And nobody sure as hell asked me.

You want to make them take responsibility but you don't want to make that choice any easier by providing free bc.

You think abortion is horrible but you don't want to reduce the rates by making birth control free.

You want them to suffer the consequences for their bad choices but those consequences may include children which you also don't want to support on the government dime.

It seems that it's not just about personal responsibility, it's about moral judgements and punishment.
Actially, it's about paying for them with your money instead of mine.

Well isn't this a surprise ...we agree.
Give BC out for free and deny any and all claims for welfare based on illegitimate children.

Give BC out for free and deny any and all claims for welfare based on illegitimate children.

I agree with part but....it's not the kids fault they had irresponsible parents.

I wonder if Trump, McConnell, and Ryan will try to do anything about welfare abuse?

I remember Reagan tried to do "welfare to work" but I have not heard much about how that program of reform fared ?!

I suspect Trump will try to do a lot of Reagan programs again.

Schumer may filibuster them however.

I agree with part but....it's not the kids fault they had irresponsible parents.
Little kids are precious and fragile as kittens and puppies.

To bad that adults are such azzholes and don't take care of them.

This goes both for the floozie coochies as well as the dick head azzholes.

Except things do change.

In countries where birth control is readily available - abortion rates have gone DOWN. So have teen pregnancy rates. Isn't THAT taking some personal responsibility?
Birth control is readily available in our country. And so is abortion.

And the rates for unwanted pregnancies, unwed mothers, abortion AND stds skyrocketed the second they became readily available here.

Strange. In other countries, most notably Europe - abortion rates and teen pregnancy rates went down when contraception was freely available.

In terms of here - the pill became along with the sexual revolution, free love and all that jazz, and then the legalization of abortion. Since 1990, teen pregnancy and abortion rates have declined to a 40 year low.

According to Leveling the Playing Field: The Promise of Long-Acting Reversible Contraceptives for Adolescents

The long-term decline in teen pregnancy appears to have been driven primarily by improved use of contraception. In other words, adolescents seem to be practicing contraception more effectively, and their actions are paying off in lower pregnancy rates, and lower birth and abortion rates, as well.

As I've said. BC should be free.
It ends a whole lot of issues.

It is free when you go into a free clinic.

However just like any hormone it should be monitored by a doctor and doctors are not free, no matter how much the far left tells you they are.

I have no concern with the cost of BC,it's the cost of raising kids on our tax dollars that bothers me.
If you dont want to raise children on your own buck you better take advantage of the free gov solution to avoid that situation.

So yes many promote the irrational and irresponsibility of handing out a hormone without a doctor monitoring it!

So what disease does birth control cure where it need to be free?

Come on far left drone!

If you pass laws that end the benefits for having children out of wedlock you'll end the profit aspect of having children out of wedlock.
It's really not that difficult.

And the rates for unwanted pregnancies, unwed mothers, abortion AND stds skyrocketed the second they became readily available here.

Strange. In other countries, most notably Europe - abortion rates and teen pregnancy rates went down when contraception was freely available.

In terms of here - the pill became along with the sexual revolution, free love and all that jazz, and then the legalization of abortion. Since 1990, teen pregnancy and abortion rates have declined to a 40 year low.

According to Leveling the Playing Field: The Promise of Long-Acting Reversible Contraceptives for Adolescents

The long-term decline in teen pregnancy appears to have been driven primarily by improved use of contraception. In other words, adolescents seem to be practicing contraception more effectively, and their actions are paying off in lower pregnancy rates, and lower birth and abortion rates, as well.

However just like any hormone it should be monitored by a doctor and doctors are not free, no matter how much the far left tells you they are.

I have no concern with the cost of BC,it's the cost of raising kids on our tax dollars that bothers me.
If you dont want to raise children on your own buck you better take advantage of the free gov solution to avoid that situation.

So yes many promote the irrational and irresponsibility of handing out a hormone without a doctor monitoring it!

Not sure what your getting at.

Come on far left drone!

What does disease have to do with it?

LOL...BC has been available for a couple bucks a month since the early eighties that i'm aware of.
Try and make it a dangerous situation if ya want.....

Come on far left drone!

What does disease have to do with it?

Stop avoiding the question far left drone!

Answer the question:

LOL...BC has been available for a couple bucks a month since the early eighties that i'm aware of.

It is not me:

Oral Contraceptives and Cancer Risk

And I quote "Until the 7th month a fetus is just a parasitic growth inside a female's womb.

Removing parasites is everyone's right, male or female, old or young. This notion is self evident and as such a-priori."

Are you being serious? You view an unborn child at 7 months a parasite? Like a leech or a tick?
I view 7 months as the Scientific cut-off point.

AT 7 months the fetus can survive outside the womb.

BEFORE 7 months it cannot.

Ergo it is a parasite until 7 months, at which time it can be removed (evicted) and gestated to its completion in a hospital facility.

It is too bad that societies do not give 7 month fetuses the rights of human beings. But that is a separate political issue.
And I quote "Until the 7th month a fetus is just a parasitic growth inside a female's womb.

Removing parasites is everyone's right, male or female, old or young. This notion is self evident and as such a-priori."

Are you being serious? You view an unborn child at 7 months a parasite? Like a leech or a tick?
I view 7 months as the Scientific cut-off point.

AT 7 months the fetus can survive outside the womb.

BEFORE 7 months it cannot.

Ergo it is a parasite until 7 months, at which time it can be removed (evicted) and gestated to its completion in a hospital facility.

It is too bad that societies do not give 7 month fetuses the rights of human beings. But that is a separate political issue.
Ergo at 6 months you would be cool smashing it with a hammer because it's "just a parasite", is that right? Come on that's a helpless human being that absolutely has the right to live, regardless of the spineless decision of our SCOTUS a few decades ago.

Seriously...I just don't get it.

What's wrong with letting women have it?

The argument that they shouldn't have it free doesn't fly. ACA includes a bunch of different free items: Preventive care benefits for adults - but I have yet to hear an argument against aspirin or vaccinations being offered and birth control is a relatively cheap thing to offer.

The Pill is, as of this time, the most reliable method of pregnancy prevention. Yes...abstinence itself works, but isn't realistic as few people stick with it and, frankly, why should they if the pill can offer a more reliable option if they don't want to be abstinent? There is a direct correlation between preventing unwanted pregnancies, particularly teens, and the availability of reliable contraception.

It is about backward religious traditions mostly.

It is not me:

And what point are you trying to make??

It is not me:

And what point are you trying to make??

The point was already made..

Seriously...I just don't get it.

What's wrong with letting women have it?

The argument that they shouldn't have it free doesn't fly. ACA includes a bunch of different free items: Preventive care benefits for adults - but I have yet to hear an argument against aspirin or vaccinations being offered and birth control is a relatively cheap thing to offer.

The Pill is, as of this time, the most reliable method of pregnancy prevention. Yes...abstinence itself works, but isn't realistic as few people stick with it and, frankly, why should they if the pill can offer a more reliable option if they don't want to be abstinent? There is a direct correlation between preventing unwanted pregnancies, particularly teens, and the availability of reliable contraception.

It is about backward religious traditions mostly.

Yes the far left religion is very backwards, but it was rejected!

Forum List

Back