Why the fight against Birth Control?

Pence is a big Catholic and wants to overturn Roe v Wade while making birth control more unattainable for everyone. Thanks, Trump.

Women Are Preparing for Trump and Pence’s Inevitable Assault on Reproductive Rights

Women Are Preparing for Trump and Pence’s Inevitable Assault on Reproductive Rights

Sorry to burst your fear mongering..

They won't do it because we will strike back

Unlike righties here, I don't make this shit up.

So you really don't think I am that strong?

I never make up shit bitch..

Seriously...I just don't get it.

What's wrong with letting women have it?

The argument that they shouldn't have it free doesn't fly. ACA includes a bunch of different free items: Preventive care benefits for adults - but I have yet to hear an argument against aspirin or vaccinations being offered and birth control is a relatively cheap thing to offer.

The Pill is, as of this time, the most reliable method of pregnancy prevention. Yes...abstinence itself works, but isn't realistic as few people stick with it and, frankly, why should they if the pill can offer a more reliable option if they don't want to be abstinent? There is a direct correlation between preventing unwanted pregnancies, particularly teens, and the availability of reliable contraception.
The problem is it is a lifestyle issue, not a healthcare issue. Are you going to provide free helmets for motorcyclists?

I disagree, it's not a lifestyle issue. For example birth control is used by married people. Reproduction and sex are pretty hardwired in our species. In terms of cost/benefit - it makes sense to provide free birth control and it certainly seems to correlate with lower rates of teen pregnancies and abortion.
Who BC is used by is irrelevant. The point is who pays for it. That should be the consumer. After all society didn't pay for your marriage either.

If you have any health insurance at all you are constantly paying for other people's shit just as they do yours. That is in fact the point, shared cost across the group.

No, the POINT is that BECAUSE it's shared coverage, you don't get to simply demand that those others give you what you want and sit down and shut up if they don't agree with you.

That's exactly the power we turn over to corporate power, we just have a different reaction when it's more closely linked to a "govt" plan. You have no say over any of that in an employer based plan.

Pence is a big Catholic and wants to overturn Roe v Wade while making birth control more unattainable for everyone. Thanks, Trump.

Ahem, bullshit.

I am that good you stupid kunt I will fight any one cons or liberals. And I have so much compassion..

Ahem, bullshit.

You're a broke mother fucker

I am not

This is how us middle class roll

The argument that they shouldn't have it free doesn't fly. ACA includes a bunch of different free items: Preventive care benefits for adults - but I have yet to hear an argument against aspirin or vaccinations being offered and birth control is a relatively cheap thing to offer.

The Pill is, as of this time, the most reliable method of pregnancy prevention. Yes...abstinence itself works, but isn't realistic as few people stick with it and, frankly, why should they if the pill can offer a more reliable option if they don't want to be abstinent? There is a direct correlation between preventing unwanted pregnancies, particularly teens, and the availability of reliable contraception.
Anybody that needs birth control 24 seven probably has a mental problem, and expecting anyone else to pay so someone else doesn't have a potential fuck up - pardon the pun - that is absolutely Frivolous to say the least...
see that's where the problem is, sure there's people that want the nanny state. Why the fuck do they expect for everyone else to pay for their stupidity?

We are not in this altogether, this country is best when it pursues the freedom of the individual and the individual is responsible for themselves. Collectivism has never worked in the history of the planet…

Ahem, bullshit.

You're a broke mother fucker

I am not

This is how us middle class roll

You're kinda disturbed aren't you.

Anybody that needs birth control 24 seven probably has a mental problem, and expecting anyone else to pay so someone else doesn't have a potential fuck up - pardon the pun - that is absolutely Frivolous to say the least...
see that's where the problem is, sure there's people that want the nanny state. Why the fuck do they expect for everyone else to pay for their stupidity?

We are not in this altogether, this country is best when it pursues the freedom of the individual and the individual is responsible for themselves. Collectivism has never worked in the history of the planet…

If you've ever had healthcare insurance you've done this without so much as a peep.

Was a simple question, do you support birth control being available to all. YES. lets cut the teen pregnant rate, and abortions
Birth control is available to all. The OP title suggests people are 'fighting against birth control'. They aren't. Some people are saying they don't see why they should pay for other people's birth control, and that adults should be more responsible for themselves.

An entity engaging in teh absolute avoidance of an and all collectivism needs no constitution to lay out a division of powers. Jesus son, think for once.

Yet I have to pay for the education of other people's kids :dunno:
Not the same. Education benefits everyone. Birth Control for pleasure sack benefits only the selfish.
I seriously doubt there is anyone in the US (apart from the homeless) who truly couldn't afford a packet of condoms if they just got their priorities in order.

Tilly I guess we're going to get in a fight and I love you as a poster And as a person..

Again I am old but not that old I still remember my old girl friend using a tooth brush to do her eye brows when I was 18 she was 16

I said fuck that and took her to Walgreens and bought her the real stuff.. And another funny thing she lived in park ridge Illinois.. A rich suburb of Chicago.. Where Harrison Ford and Hillary Clinton grew up.

I don't know exactly what she was doing to her eyebrows, but you can get contraceptives for 'free' without forcing others to pay for it - maybe not eyebrow brushes though :rolleyes:

give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime..

Personal responsibility is key, IMHO.

Some people can disagree amicably. And we are two such people, dear Bear :smiliehug:

I love that quote Tilly.. I guess you are going to fight me

I have a daughter.. And I still remember what it was to be 18 ..kids love sex.
No way around it...

Again Tilly what's better a little pill or them destroying their lives.. By abortion? I am not a girl but I have heard so many regrets by women who did that.

I think encouraging "kids" to have sex has a lot more potential for destroying a life than teaching them "just say no". Kids love alcohol as well...that is no reason to wink and say hey I wish you wouldn't but I know how much fun it is sooooo....

My daughter is 14. She has a cousin who is a doctor and who I am very close to; doc has said that if she has daughters , she intends to put them on birth control as soon as they are physically capable of having children. NOT because *kids love sex* but because she has worked for years as an ER doctor and has had girls come through who are the victims of rape, and she has been moved by their concern over possible pregnancies. She would never dream of telling *kids* that sex is natural and fun at their age, but she is cognizant of the fact that rape happens, a lot, and birth control can be one way to provide a measure of comfort to girls who are assaulted.

If you've ever had healthcare insurance you've done this without so much as a peep.
I have never bought insurance in my life, because I don't need it neither does my family. Any type of mandatory insurance is legalized extortion... fact

Was a simple question, do you support birth control being available to all. YES. lets cut the teen pregnant rate, and abortions
Birth control is available to all. The OP title suggests people are 'fighting against birth control'. They aren't. Some people are saying they don't see why they should pay for other people's birth control, and that adults should be more responsible for themselves.

Taking birth control is taking responsibility and if it was to do with anything other than sex most would never have an issue with it just like paying for a kidney transplant.

I have never bought insurance in my life, because I don't need it neither does my family. Any type of mandatory insurance is legalized extortion... fact

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, you've spent your entire life just walking in and paying sticker price out of your own pocket for a family.

An entity engaging in teh absolute avoidance of an and all collectivism needs no constitution to lay out a division of powers. Jesus son, think for once.
...basically I expect people to pay for their own shit
Collectivism basically wants everyone else to pay for the shit people get in

Nobody in this country is trying to prevent anyone else from accessing birth control - pills or otherwise. And with BC pills available at WalMart for about $10/month, there is no reason on God's green earth why the taxpayers should have to pay for BC for anyone (not to mention the fact that spending Federal money on BC is totally unconstitutional).

The Catholic Church discourages the use of artificial birth control, but most Catholics ignore that and plan their families just like everyone else.

But the push to provide "free" BC pills to those who can't or won't afford it is totally consistent with the Democrat objectives of eugenics (poor people should be discouraged from reproducing), and protecting people from their own irresponsibilities.

Now if you want to talk about MANDATORY BC for certain individuals, I'm in.

I agree Rustic. Before Obama care the individual had a choice in the matter. So if they opted in, and that program included BC, so be it. If you didn't like it, you could drop the plan. I myself always opted to pay out of pocket, and in the long run saved a lot of money. But now with healthcare programs being mandatory I get a lot more opinionated when parasitic lefties, want to add frivolous expenses to us all. Especially in this case where there are countless free alternatives.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, you've spent your entire life just walking in and paying sticker price out of your own pocket for a family.
seriously, my whole adolescence was on the Indian reservation living in 100% socialist environment so did not have to pay any insurance. Then Went into the military for eight years to not have to pay for any insurance and after the military I made a conscious decision not to pay insurance. Easy to do With debt free living, I have not Owed a cent to anyone in twenty plus years....

I agree Rustic. Before Obama care the individual had a choice in the matter. So if they opted in, and that program included BC, so be it. If you didn't like it, you could drop the plan. I myself always opted to pay out of pocket, and in the long run saved a lot of money. But now with healthcare programs being mandatory I get a lot more opinionated when parasitic lefties, want to add frivolous expenses to us all. Especially in this case where there are countless free alternatives.

You guys are really on to something, I think most americans would rather be out there with no healthcare coverage, paying out of their own pockets on their own.

I'm hoping that's what Trump and the Republican party have in mind for the american people.

seriously, my whole adolescence was on the Indian reservation living in 100% socialist environment so did not have to pay any insurance. Then Went into the military for eight years to not have to pay for any insurance and after the military I made a conscious decision not to pay insurance. Easy to do With debt free living, I have Owed a cent to anyone in twenty plus years....

So you voluntarily ran into a govt healthcare plan and for 8 years sucked off the american taxpayer.

Amazing.

Forum List

Back