Why the fight against Birth Control?

Are really this fucking delusional?
Are you really incapable of a coherent reply?

Try again. Why such opposition to free birth control?
Probably because it isn't free at all. There are no wild birth control berry bushes where anyone could run out and gather pills and condoms.

Free, in this case, means someone else has to pay. Pay for your own birth control like you pay for your own lube.

Yet I have to pay for your children's vaccinations and education.
Because someone thought an educated populace was a general benefit. Stopping killer epidemics was a general benefit. Birth control is not a general benefit. If you don't want to pay for birth control interview your sex partners for sterility. Don't have heterosexual intercourse. There is simply no argument at all for public payment of birth control.

Get one of those little charity boxes and put them in stores like is done for MS and breast cancer. The public could put in spare change to support free birth control.
Unfortunately, instead of education teaching the young to be responsible for their own behaviour, they now tell them anything goes, literally, and not to worry because someone else will pick up the tab.

Try another school.

Seriously...I just don't get it.

What's wrong with letting women have it?

The argument that they shouldn't have it free doesn't fly. ACA includes a bunch of different free items: Preventive care benefits for adults - but I have yet to hear an argument against aspirin or vaccinations being offered and birth control is a relatively cheap thing to offer.

The Pill is, as of this time, the most reliable method of pregnancy prevention. Yes...abstinence itself works, but isn't realistic as few people stick with it and, frankly, why should they if the pill can offer a more reliable option if they don't want to be abstinent? There is a direct correlation between preventing unwanted pregnancies, particularly teens, and the availability of reliable contraception.
The problem is it is a lifestyle issue, not a healthcare issue. Are you going to provide free helmets for motorcyclists?

I disagree, it's not a lifestyle issue. For example birth control is used by married people. Reproduction and sex are pretty hardwired in our species. In terms of cost/benefit - it makes sense to provide free birth control and it certainly seems to correlate with lower rates of teen pregnancies and abortion.
Who BC is used by is irrelevant. The point is who pays for it. That should be the consumer. After all society didn't pay for your marriage either.

[

When I think of things society should pay for - it's things that effect the public and public health. Birth control, vaccinations, education for example.

BC is about personal recreational pleasure. Can you pay for my movie ticket? My next album I download from iTunes?

Are you biologically hard wired to download albums?

(on second thought, maybe I don't want to know the answer...)
Humans are biologically hard wired to find ways to entertain themselves actually. Like art, music, and say... recreational sex?

Are really this fucking delusional?
Are you really incapable of a coherent reply?

Try again. Why such opposition to free birth control?
Probably because it isn't free at all. There are no wild birth control berry bushes where anyone could run out and gather pills and condoms.

Free, in this case, means someone else has to pay. Pay for your own birth control like you pay for your own lube.

Yet I have to pay for your children's vaccinations and education.
Because someone thought an educated populace was a general benefit. Stopping killer epidemics was a general benefit. Birth control is not a general benefit. If you don't want to pay for birth control interview your sex partners for sterility. Don't have heterosexual intercourse. There is simply no argument at all for public payment of birth control.

Get one of those little charity boxes and put them in stores like is done for MS and breast cancer. The public could put in spare change to support free birth control.
Unfortunately, instead of education teaching the young to be responsible for their own behaviour, they now tell them anything goes, literally, and not to worry because someone else will pick up the tab.

I don't know if you know much about education in this country but they actually do teach them to be responsible sexually. It varies depending on the state but most school programs include some form of abstinance, responsibility, information on what it means to be a teen mother. All of that is what you hope the kids will take in, but if they're going to have sex, it's far better they not end up pregnant.

But then again - that's liberal thinking.

The argument that they shouldn't have it free doesn't fly. ACA includes a bunch of different free items: Preventive care benefits for adults - but I have yet to hear an argument against aspirin or vaccinations being offered and birth control is a relatively cheap thing to offer.

The Pill is, as of this time, the most reliable method of pregnancy prevention. Yes...abstinence itself works, but isn't realistic as few people stick with it and, frankly, why should they if the pill can offer a more reliable option if they don't want to be abstinent? There is a direct correlation between preventing unwanted pregnancies, particularly teens, and the availability of reliable contraception.
The problem is it is a lifestyle issue, not a healthcare issue. Are you going to provide free helmets for motorcyclists?

I disagree, it's not a lifestyle issue. For example birth control is used by married people. Reproduction and sex are pretty hardwired in our species. In terms of cost/benefit - it makes sense to provide free birth control and it certainly seems to correlate with lower rates of teen pregnancies and abortion.
Who BC is used by is irrelevant. The point is who pays for it. That should be the consumer. After all society didn't pay for your marriage either.

You have never paid the full price tag cost of your own healthcare bub, come-the-fuck on.

[

When I think of things society should pay for - it's things that effect the public and public health. Birth control, vaccinations, education for example.

BC is about personal recreational pleasure. Can you pay for my movie ticket? My next album I download from iTunes?

Humans are biologically hard wired to find ways to entertain themselves actually. Like art, music, and say... recreational sex?
The real question is...
Are "you" biologically incapable of determining if an action will have a negative impact on your life? There are Darwin awards for such people.

[

Good point, and I do think recreational sex is hard wired to a degree in our species (like bonobos). But unlike art and music, which have no affect on public health, unwanted pregnancies do.

If a woman gets pregnant while using a condom, she should name the kid Houdini !!

Better yet, pill AND condom.

The Catholic Church is the main opponent of birth control.

The Protestants as well as Catholics are opposed to abortion.

They call it murder.

Murder is a statutory felony stipulated as enumerated with elements of proof in Federal, State, and Foreign law.

It pertains to the unlawful killing of a human being with malice aforethought.

A fetus is not a human being, at least not until about the 7th month when it is viable outside of the womb.

Until the 7th month a fetus is just a parasitic growth inside a female's womb.

Removing parasites is everyone's right, male or female, old or young. This notion is self evident and as such a-priori.

Birth control is the prevention of such a parasite from attaching.

Sort of like insect repellant.

They call it murder.

It is murder what else would anyone with a fucking brain call it?

But like I give a damn kill as much liberals in the womb as possible is my philosophy.. Have at it baby killers.

There's a calmly reasoned conclusion, thanks.

so genius if you can show me proof that a fetus can turn into a banana.. Then you could convince me it's not murder..

Other wise its murder

[

The real question is...
Are "you" biologically incapable of determining if an action will have a negative impact on your life? There are Darwin awards for such people.

And that could apply to most teenagers.

But it paid for your kid's education.

[

Good point, and I do think recreational sex is hard wired to a degree in our species (like bonobos). But unlike art and music, which have no affect on public health, unwanted pregnancies do.

Apparenlt "pro family" does not mean supports a family's access to previous century technology.

[

The real question is...

And that could apply to most teenagers.
...and does. Such is life.

Forum List

Back