Why the Freedom Caucus Spiked the GOP's Chance to Repeal and Replace Obamacare

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
A rather lengthy piece with a lot of quotes and Tweets. But it all comes down to a major flaw of the GOP – they don't seem to be able to act in lockstep like the Dems do. Each has his or her agenda and they don't seem to like to “work with” others to moderate those stances. This also talks about the House Freedom Caucus, The Tuesday Group, and Paul Ryan's leadership council.

So, the full piece is @ Why the Freedom Caucus Spiked the GOP's Chance to Repeal and Replace Obamacare

A rather lengthy piece with a lot of quotes and Tweets. But it all comes down to a major flaw of the GOP – they don't seem to be able to act in lockstep like the Dems do. Each has his or her agenda and they don't seem to like to “work with” others to moderate those stances. This also talks about the House Freedom Caucus, The Tuesday Group, and Paul Ryan's leadership council.

So, the full piece is @ Why the Freedom Caucus Spiked the GOP's Chance to Repeal and Replace Obamacare

So following closer to their constituents over party leadership is a bad thing? Remember this bill only had 17% approval rating

And no, this isn't the only chance for repeal, and replace. That's an absolute lie, republicans control the house, senate, and Whitehouse. On what planet is there only one option in that scenario? That was a cheap and insulting tactic, and it clearly didn't work. I'd say I'm disappointed in Donald, but that would take some level of surprise, which there was non on my part.

Also this wasn't repeal, all the bad parts of Obamacare were still intact, that's not a repeal, that's a repair. A repair of something fundamentally flawed.

Forum List

Back