why the left hates glen beck

Series of Events:

1.) CaliforniaGirl lies, makes various claims that have nothing to back them up and a tremendous amount of evidence to demonstrate they're untrue over the course of several years of Beck praising Bush and being critiqued and laughed at by the left pre-Obama.

2.) Gets called out, asked for evidence.

3.) Ignores it.

4.) Is called out again, this time explicitly referred to as a liar and told to EITHER demonstrate the validity of her claims or stop making them.

5.) Tries to pull this hypocritical dodge off: "Someone who calls me a liar for lying and wants me to prove my claims or shut up is an ASSHOLE and an IDIOT. How unreasonable and uncivil of THEM. They should FUCK OFF, without qualification... No, I cannot provide evidence to back up my claim that my entire argument rests on because none exists."

Last edited:
I'm just gonna repost this in its entirety since no one responded to it and CaliforniaGirl continues to use it as the cornerstone of her argument even though it's not, you know, remotely true.

I'd love to see some evidence of the left praising Beck or using him as some regularly quoted source during the Bush years when he, *stifling laughter*, was a supposed regular critic of the Administration.

I don't mean one article you can find on Daily Kos where some anonymous commenter says "Even Glenn Beck doesn't like this," as he like every other spinner had to voice discontent once in a great while with a minor Bush policy so as not to appear to be the complete and total lapdog he was, I mean any evidence that demonstrates that Glenn Beck was anything but laughed off as an idiot by the left then too because he was a servile GOP spokesman.

This argument that the left used to like or cite Glenn Beck pre-Obama administration is pure revisionism and sorry clowns, but it's too recent for you to be able to get away with. We're talking a couple of years here, and anyone paying attention would remember that's decidedly not the case. Beck was rightly grouped by the left with O'Reilly and Hannity as an extension of Bush's press secretary, the most attention he got from the left was when he idiotically asked a Muslim congressman to prove he wasn't a traitorous infiltrator.

Cut the crap and can the lies, Beck's been known as a phony faux-populist far-right loon since the moment he became popular, it's not some big reversal because suddenly he's attacking Democrats, that's always been his schtick, as a GOP spokesman with a talk show, that's his very purpose. Like a lot of so-called conservatives, he just now found his supposed anti-government roots because his party is no longer in office.

I don't hate or fear the man, just know that he's an idiot, a liar, and is making a career out of manipulating people based on irrational fears while ignoring the genuine, reality-based and consequential issues people should be alerted to and concerned about.

It's quite common now for Republicans and conservatives in the aftermath of Bush's extreme and widespread unpopularity and undeniable failure to claim they criticized him all along, and now by proxy they're claiming the newly-appointed leader of their movement did that. But we're talking recent history here and the guy is on TV and radio so there's a record of everything he's said on the subject. That record demonstrates the complete fallacy of that claim.

The fact is, it's completely untrue that Beck was ever a serious critic of Bush or his Administration while they were in power, he was a cheerleader for every wrongheaded and deplorable move they made at the very least for the first six years of their reign.

CaliforniaGirl, I'm calling you out, you're LYING and you don't have an argument because Beck was never some favorite source for the left and never a substantial critic of the Bush Administration. Show some proof of either of those ridiculous claims or STFU.

Unfortuntely, whenever anyone tells me that I'm 'LYING' and I should STFU, I tend to dismiss that individual as a complete and total asshole who doesn't deserve polite and reasoned debate.

So, respectfully, fuck off and get your own information.

*Note: I managed to post WITHOUTH USING STUPID CAPITALS TO MAKE A STUPID POINT*

*Sniggers at idiots*

"like shooting fish in a barrel"
You missed the barrel and the fish.

And then you ran away from any debate.

I'm just gonna repost this in its entirety since no one responded to it and CaliforniaGirl continues to use it as the cornerstone of her argument even though it's not, you know, remotely true.

It's quite common now for Republicans and conservatives in the aftermath of Bush's extreme and widespread unpopularity and undeniable failure to claim they criticized him all along, and now by proxy they're claiming the newly-appointed leader of their movement did that. But we're talking recent history here and the guy is on TV and radio so there's a record of everything he's said on the subject. That record demonstrates the complete fallacy of that claim.

The fact is, it's completely untrue that Beck was ever a serious critic of Bush or his Administration while they were in power, he was a cheerleader for every wrongheaded and deplorable move they made at the very least for the first six years of their reign.

CaliforniaGirl, I'm calling you out, you're LYING and you don't have an argument because Beck was never some favorite source for the left and never a substantial critic of the Bush Administration. Show some proof of either of those ridiculous claims or STFU.

Unfortuntely, whenever anyone tells me that I'm 'LYING' and I should STFU, I tend to dismiss that individual as a complete and total asshole who doesn't deserve polite and reasoned debate.

*Sniggers at idiots*

Translation: Yeah, I got nothing. There is no evidence of Beck doing that or liberals praising him, because neither of those things actually happened. I was lying, good call.

Translation: I am an idiot and would accept a link to some partisan MSM site but California Girl does not deem these to be credible sources...... Gee I wonder if that's because the MSM are not a credible source for anyone - left or right - to link to to back up anything.

Beck most certainly did hammer Bush during his Administration. And a variety of Dems quoted him. Just because you didn't hear it does not mean it didn't happen.

Series of Events:

1.) CaliforniaGirl lies, makes various claims that have nothing to back them up and a tremendous amount of evidence to demonstrate they're untrue over the course of several years of Beck praising Bush and being critiqued and laughed at by the left pre-Obama.

2.) Gets called out, asked for evidence.

3.) Ignores it.

4.) Is called out again, this time explicitly referred to as a liar and told to EITHER demonstrate the validity of her claims or stop making them.

5.) Tries to pull this hypocritical dodge off: "Someone who calls me a liar for lying and wants me to prove my claims or shut up is an ASSHOLE and an IDIOT. How unreasonable and uncivil of THEM. They should FUCK OFF, without qualification... No, I cannot provide evidence to back up my claim that my entire argument rests on because none exists."

FYI: California Girl is in a different time zone to the US - therefore, she may be asleep when idiots insist she respond to their asinine comments.

California Girl also works for a living. Unlike some, I do not spend the whole day monitoring this forum just in case I need to respond to idiots.

I see you are still unable to POST without using CAPITAL LETTERS to make a POINT. Are you afraid that your POSTS are so FUCKING BORING that no one will READ them unless you put CAPITAL LETTERS in them?

I have stated, time and again, that posting links to the MEDIA is not a VALID source to back up ANYTHING. Since I say this, it would be a tad hypocritical of me to post a link to such a site to back up my claims.

Last edited:

*Sniggers at idiots*

"like shooting fish in a barrel"
You missed the barrel and the fish.

And then you ran away from any debate.

ElmerFudd is a good name for you - you are a cartoon character. I'm in a different fucking country to you, idiot. Therefore a different time zone.

Jeeeeez, some people are stupid.

IMHO it is a shame. And, imho, Fox news is leading the parade and a perfect example of what is wrong with journalism in America. But other outlets may only be marginally better.

MSNBC spews MUCH more biased informaton than ANY NEWS channel. What the MSM and apparently the White House is having trouble understanding is that there are news programs on Fox and there are opinion programs on Fox. Their opinion shows completely dominate the ratings....yet they only represent the opinion of the host. The liberals are pissed off because those types of shows dig up factual information and use it against the Obama administration. Obama cannot control Fox news...thus the baseless attacks on Beck, Hannity and O'Reilly. Notice they don't attack any Fox News Channel anchors or news programs...only the opinion shows. The Obama Administration thinks Americans are stupid and have a 2 minute sound bite attention span...in some cases he is correct and it's up to others to point this out to the duped.

Last edited:
IMHO it is a shame. And, imho, Fox news is leading the parade and a perfect example of what is wrong with journalism in America. But other outlets may only be marginally better.

MSNBC spews MUCH more biased informaton than ANY NEWS channel. What the MSM and apparently the White House is having trouble understanding is that there are news programs on Fox and there are opinion programs on Fox. Their opinion shows completely dominate the ratings....yet they only represent the opinion of the host. The liberals are pissed off because those types of shows dig up factual information and use it against the Obama administration. Obama cannot control Fox news...thus the baseless attacks on Beck, Hannity and O'Reilly. Notice they don't attack any Fox News Channel anchors or news programs...only the opinion shows. The Obama Administration thinks Americans are stupid and have a 2 minute sound bite attention span...in some cases he is correct and it's up to others to point this out to the duped.

:clap2: :clap2:

The WH doesn't have any issues with Fox News, imo. They have a problem with Fox opinion - specifically Beck. But they can't cry about opinion shows . . . last I checked free speech was still allowed . . . .so they drum up this shit about Fox News. What a fucking joke.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to PatekPhilippe again.

:clap2: :clap2:

The WH doesn't have any issues with Fox News, imo. They have a problem with Fox opinion - specifically Beck. But they can't cry about opinion shows . . . last I checked free speech was still allowed . . . .so they drum up this shit about Fox News. What a fucking joke.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to PatekPhilippe again.

I think that The White House has a problem with Everyone, not under It's Spell.

I think that The White House has a problem with Everyone, not under It's Spell.

It would certainly appear that way, and even as the administration is being less shy by directly attacking the opposition, it also seems more and more obvious that they are assigning and/or sanctioning surrogate groups like Van Jones' "Color of Change" group to do the sabotage. Nobody from Joe the Plumber to Sarah Palin to Glenn Beck to Fox News to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, etc. etc. etc. are to be respected for exercising free speech. All must be destroyed lest they hinder whatever goals are on the day's menu.

Want to convince me that my growing apprehension is unfounded? Give me examples of the administration respecting, tolerating, or even being polite to those who oppose them or the current agenda.

Last edited:
I can tell you exactly why I don't like Glenn Beck. He's a liar and a drama queen.

Following the White House's recent criticism of Fox News for its conservative slant, Glenn Beck and other conservative media have fearmongered that the Obama administration will harm Fox News and its supporters -- physically or otherwise -- because of their opposition to its policies. Since September alone, Beck has asked listeners to "pray for protection," compared Fox News to Jews during the Holocaust, and suggested the White House was pointing missiles at Fox News, and Newt Gingrich asked on Hannity if the administration would subject Fox News commentators to the Chinese "Cultural Revolution" because of their objections.

On his October 13 radio show, Beck said: "When they're done with Fox, and you decide to speak out on something. The old, 'first they came for the Jews, and I wasn't Jewish.' When you have a question, and you believe that something should be asked, they're a -- totally fine with you right now; they have no problem with you. When they're done with Fox and talk radio, do you really think they're going to leave you alone if you want to ask a tough question? Do you really think that a man who has never had to stand against tough questions and has as much power as he does -- do you really believe after he takes out the number one news network, do you really think that this man is then not going to turn on you? That you and your little organization is going to cause him any hesitation at all not to take you out?"

Oh please!!! How you people can defend this lunatic is absolutely amazing. Because if you do, you are sicker than he is.

I can tell you exactly why I don't like Glenn Beck. He's a liar and a drama queen.

Following the White House's recent criticism of Fox News for its conservative slant, Glenn Beck and other conservative media have fearmongered that the Obama administration will harm Fox News and its supporters -- physically or otherwise -- because of their opposition to its policies. Since September alone, Beck has asked listeners to "pray for protection," compared Fox News to Jews during the Holocaust, and suggested the White House was pointing missiles at Fox News, and Newt Gingrich asked on Hannity if the administration would subject Fox News commentators to the Chinese "Cultural Revolution" because of their objections.

On his October 13 radio show, Beck said: "When they're done with Fox, and you decide to speak out on something. The old, 'first they came for the Jews, and I wasn't Jewish.' When you have a question, and you believe that something should be asked, they're a -- totally fine with you right now; they have no problem with you. When they're done with Fox and talk radio, do you really think they're going to leave you alone if you want to ask a tough question? Do you really think that a man who has never had to stand against tough questions and has as much power as he does -- do you really believe after he takes out the number one news network, do you really think that this man is then not going to turn on you? That you and your little organization is going to cause him any hesitation at all not to take you out?"

Oh please!!! How you people can defend this lunatic is absolutely amazing. Because if you do, you are sicker than he is.

FYI, if you are going to cut and paste something, the honest thing to do is provide a link to the original author/site.

Beck, conservative media use violent rhetoric suggesting White House will retaliate against Fox News and opponents | Media Matters for America

I'm sure that they would appreciate proper credit for their ideological press releases.

FYI, if you are going to cut and paste something, the honest thing to do is provide a link to the original author/site.

Beck, conservative media use violent rhetoric suggesting White House will retaliate against Fox News and opponents | Media Matters for America

I'm sure that they would appreciate proper credit for their ideological press releases.

Good catch. The George Soros funded (at least in part) Media Matters has been a designated attack dog for the more radical Democrat left and now the Obama machine for quite some time now. It would be interesting to see how much of their acid commentary could be supported if put in accurate context?

No I'm not kidding. Please point me to a thread started by a conservative specifically for the purpose of trashing a liberal media figure.

Foxfyre is a fool or malignant, no other conclusion is possible.

I disagree with foxfrye early and often and I find the suggestion that the right doesn't trash or namecall the "liberal media" highly suspect - but I think the "fool or malignant" conclusion is not accurate and a little too mean-spirited.

By the way, Nodog, I did want to respond to this and, while disagreeing with me, thanking you for at least not agreeing that I was a 'fool or malignant'. :razz:

I would never say that the right doesn't trash or namecall the 'liberal media'. My gosh I've done it myself often enough.

But to be precise here, I was asking for threads started by somebody on the right for the specific purpose of trashing a leftwing media source and/or for the specific purpose of trashing the character or person of some famous figure. Another member did provide links to those he thought qualified, and I accept that in his opinion he thinks that they do. There were certainly remarks in those threads that qualified, but was that the purpose of the thread?

I don't know. I could be dead wrong. But it just seems to me that those on the right focus more on concepts, ideas, policy, and procedure and less on the character of the people involved. But perhaps that doesn't count if there are ANY snarky or ugly or hateful remarks made.

Personally, I long for a site that focused entirely on concepts and disallowed any ad hominem references of any kind. Probably there are none on the internet.

I only wish I could someday live up to the Morals and Ethics of Barney Franks, Charles Rangel, Harry Reid.:):):)

hEY INTENSE , WE KNOW, YOU WOULD MUCH RATHER LIVE UP TO MARK FOLEY, FAGGERT, SWAGERT AND WHERE DID FAT DENNIS HASTERT GO ANYWAY, NOT TO MENTION THAT MORAL BASTION OF THE CONDEVATIVE CAUSE , GOOD OLE NEWT, YOU REMEMBER THAT ASSWIPE, LED THE IMPEACHMENT PROCEEDING EVEN WHILE HE WAS DOING THE SAME FUCKING THING WHILE HIS WIFE WAS DYING, YEP, THAT'S THE TICKET

hEY INTENSE , WE KNOW, YOU WOULD MUCH RATHER LIVE UP TO MARK FOLEY, FAGGERT, SWAGERT AND WHERE DID FAT DENNIS HASTERT GO ANYWAY, NOT TO MENTION THAT MORAL BASTION OF THE CONDEVATIVE CAUSE , GOOD OLE NEWT, YOU REMEMBER THAT ASSWIPE, LED THE IMPEACHMENT PROCEEDING EVEN WHILE HE WAS DOING THE SAME FUCKING THING WHILE HIS WIFE WAS DYING, YEP, THAT'S THE TICKET

Newt didn't get caught and then lie about under oath did he?

:booze: :eusa_boohoo:

Actually Potter58, I was being sarcastic. I believe Felons should be behind bars and I don't encourage children to imitate them. Isn't it time for your medication Son? :)

But for the grace of 40 million dollars to investigate,

6a00e552e19fa3883301156fa34ec8970b-800wi

there goeth Newt.

But for the grace of 40 million dollars to investigate,

6a00e552e19fa3883301156fa34ec8970b-800wi

there goeth Newt.

40 million? Chicken feed when one considers that their sitting President committed a felony, then plead guilty to a lesser charge.

Newt changes horses too often. I'm not into those one world Government types. Take that and the carbon emission scams and leave town.

Forum List

Back