Why the Theory of Evolution is not only the right answer, why it is a critical answer

Pardon me if I take your assertion of being published on the subject with a healthy dose of skepticism. Of course asking you to provide your name does no good as I too can google an article/book that supports what you've claimed and then say that I'm the author.

You just can't stand the fact that there are those that don't agree with your claims and you can't refute their points of view.

I didn't say that I was published on human evolution. I said I was published. I am a geologist and am published in the Journal of Invertebrate Paleontology.

JSTOR: An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

Which means, I know a hell of a lot more about this subject than you do. There is nothing wrong with having a healthy dose of skepticism about any subject. But there is a huge difference between having a healthy dose of skepticism with regard to something someone says on the internet, and being utterly ignorant, as you are, about the theory of evolution, and about science in general.

Yeah, I'm sure you're one of authors of that article, sure you are. And I'm quite sure you do believe that you know a hell of a lot more about this subject that most, doesn't prove you right.

There are people here who know who I am. And they know that I am not in a habit of lying. And for the record, I'm the third author list on that paper. So you know who I am. Who the fuck are you?

"If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and apes?" -- George Carlin

Crusader Frank nnnnooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Don't get your opinions from comedians, leave that to the ignorant left.
Are you going to start quoting Bill Maher next???

To answer his question, we still have monkeys and apes because their present existence doesn't depend on whether or not we evolved from a common ancestor. But stay tuned, I suspect that many will be extinct at our hands in the near future.

And in the longer term - but still short on the evolutionary scale - Homo Sapiens will also become extinct. Such is the fate of all mammal species, which have a short shelf-life compared to , say , insects.

To answer his question, we still have monkeys and apes because their present existence doesn't depend on whether or not we evolved from a common ancestor. But stay tuned, I suspect that many will be extinct at our hands in the near future.

And in the longer term - but still short on the evolutionary scale - Homo Sapiens will also become extinct. Such is the fate of all mammal species, which have a short shelf-life compared to , say , insects.

Primates have been around for 75 million years, so if Homo Sapiens has a short shelf-life, it will likely be self imposed.

Ultimately ya either accept evolution or ya don't. But argueing it with a non-believer is about as fruitful as argueing about the color of the sky. Science is science whether you believe it or not. And the enture human race could not believe and not effect a thing. So let some persist in their ignorance if that's what makes them happy.

Fair enough - up to the point where creationists try to have their ignorant beliefs taught in schools, to the harm of young minds. I understand this still happens in the US though not, of course, in more enlightened part of the world.

Primates have been around for 75 million years, so if Homo Sapiens has a short shelf-life, it will likely be self imposed.

Primates have been around for that long but not any particular primate species, such as ourselves. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks you orogenicman for your excellent posts on this thread.

Primates have been around for that long but not any particular primate species, such as ourselves. Correct me if I am wrong.

But the mold has been around that long (five fingers, fingernails, fingerprints, binocular vision, upright posture, etc)..

Peterf said:

De nada.

I didn't say that I was published on human evolution. I said I was published. I am a geologist and am published in the Journal of Invertebrate Paleontology.

JSTOR: An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

Which means, I know a hell of a lot more about this subject than you do. There is nothing wrong with having a healthy dose of skepticism about any subject. But there is a huge difference between having a healthy dose of skepticism with regard to something someone says on the internet, and being utterly ignorant, as you are, about the theory of evolution, and about science in general.

Yeah, I'm sure you're one of authors of that article, sure you are. And I'm quite sure you do believe that you know a hell of a lot more about this subject that most, doesn't prove you right.

There are people here who know who I am. And they know that I am not in a habit of lying. And for the record, I'm the third author list on that paper. So you know who I am. Who the fuck are you?

There are people here who know who I am as well. And they know that I'm not in the habit of lying either. So I just have to take your word? Is that it? Yeah right!! Have fun being big man on camp, no matter how little the camp is.

There are people here who know who I am as well. And they know that I'm not in the habit of lying either. So I just have to take your word? Is that it? Yeah right!! Have fun being big man on camp, no matter how little the camp is.

I'll repeat this one more time, since you appear to not even be aware that you have yet to even discuss the OP. Is there anything in the OP that you would like to comment on? Anything at all? If not, fuck off.

Cures for disease. For instance:

Giant leaps of evolution make cancer cells deadly - health - 23 January 2014 - New Scientist

Tumour cells take big genetic jumps called macromutations to become invasive "hopeful monsters". Treatment to block that evolution could be the next step

More at the link.

to prove evolution you need to explain how water + rock + random lightning = life

once you can explain that, it should be easy to explain how a fish jumped out of the water, started breathing air and found a mate.

if evolution is pure fact

Why has almost everything gone extinct? why not just evolve to the situation?

to prove evolution you need to explain how water + rock + random lightning = life

once you can explain that, it should be easy to explain how a fish jumped out of the water, started breathing air and found a mate.

I don't know how I missed your first post there, but I will address both.

First of all, evolution is not, does not explain the origin of life. However life originated, it evolves.

Secondly, I don't need to explain it for it to be true:

20090228-giant_mudskipper-scaled-10001.jpg

Finally, there are no guarantees in life. You didn't know this? Huh.

"If man evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have monkeys and apes?" -- George Carlin

Ignorant left? How do ignorant right wingers prove the left is ignorant?

First of all, evolution is not, does not explain the origin of life. However life originated, it evolves.

separating origin from evolution? how convenient

evolution is about adapting to your surroundings, if it was fact, we wouldn't have more extinct species than living

separating origin from evolution? how convenient

evolution is about adapting to your surroundings, if it was fact, we wouldn't have more extinct species than living

Why is this a problem for you? The theory of evolution was never meant to explain the origin of life. it was meant to explain the diversity of life. There are separate theories for the origin of life. One popular theory is the abiogenesis theory. Another is the panspermia theory.

The reasons why there are more extinct species than living include:

1) The fact that the Earth is a VERY dangerous place to live;

2) the fact that evolution would not occur if #1 were not true.

3) Evolution weeds out the less fit. If you, as a species, have evolved in a stable environment and have survived in that environment as a species for thousands of years, then a sudden, drastic change in that environment occurs (i.e., a five mile wide asteroid strikes the Yucatan Peninsula), the chances of your survival are greatly diminished.

Finally, you seem to think that evolution is about positive change only. The existence of genetic diseases demonstrates clearly that that notion is not true.

Last edited:
Abiogenisis and evolution are two very differant studies. As far as abiogenisis goes, the problem today is the multiplicity of possible paths that life could have originated in. In fact, if one wanted a religious take on abiogenisis, it really appears that the universe was designed to bring forth life.

Well, we all know what "intelligent design" leads to:

"I am also religious, profoundly religious on the inside, and I believe that Providence weighs human beings. Those who do not pass the trials imposed by Providence, who are broken by them, are not destined by Providence for greater things. It is a natural necessity that only the strong remain after this selection."
-- Adolf Hitler; from Munich Löwenbräukeller (November 8, 1943)

Abiogenisis and evolution are two very differant studies. As far as abiogenisis goes, the problem today is the multiplicity of possible paths that life could have originated in. In fact, if one wanted a religious take on abiogenisis, it really appears that the universe was designed to bring forth life.

Not, really. There is no evidence the universe was designed (if it was, it is a stupid design), nor was it designed specifically to bring forth life. In fact, the vast bulk of the universe is utterly hostile to life.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'll repeat this one more time, since you appear to not even be aware that you have yet to even discuss the OP. Is there anything in the OP that you would like to comment on? Anything at all? If not, fuck off.

yet another weak mind response.

Have you always been such as ass kisser?

Don't need to? So it's a belief you have? A faith? So how do you know it's true? Where's your empirical evidence?

Forum List

Back