Why Trump base do not think Trump is corrupt

Jason Stanley is correct, I believe, in defining corruption in Trumpian far right base terms.

The Trump voter is not worried about law but rather about our traditional national identify argues an article in The Atlantic. Why Trump Supporters Don’t Care About Cohen’s Admission - The Atlantic

"In a forthcoming book titled How Fascism Works, the Yale philosophy professor Jason Stanley makes an intriguing claim. 'Corruption, to the fascist politician,' he suggests, 'is really about the corruption of purity rather than of the law. Officially, the fascist politician’s denunciations of corruption sound like a denunciation of political corruption. But such talk is intended to evoke corruption in the sense of the usurpation of the traditional order.'”

IOW, Trump calls to the "good old days," evokes images of the fifties, he denounces peoples of color, he calls women dogs and says he can grab them by the pussies.

The quickly changing demography of the electorate, and the outrageous talk and behavior by the President this week and last, and the blows delivered by Mueller in the Manafort and Cohen cases, may end any effective Presidency by the midterms in ten weeks.

Years of witch hunt and scrutiny... nothing found.

bb303034 is speaking nonsensically.

What is there to understand about Trump's criminality, BB?

What don't you get?

If the GOP dump Trump tomorrow and Pence elevates to the Presidency, that is good by me.

What about you?

Yes, if he breaks the law he deserves to be punished for it.

I still think your deflecting on what I said. So now that I answered yours how about you answer my original question.

IF a democrat finds him or herself in this situation will you be clamoring for heads to roll? Will you stick with it and start a post as to why "most democrats think (insert politician) is not corrupt"

All I am trying to get across from a truly neutral position is why do we have to have all of the fake morality from each side when the other has someone do something wrong?
You don't really care that he broke the law, you just want him out of there by whatever means that may be. And there really isn't anything wrong with that position. The only thing wrong is that you or anyone else is potentially acting and presenting this fakeness that everyone can see.

And again, so you don't start calling me some Trumptard or whatever other stupid names yall have come up with. I feel the hard right does most of the same things.

Jason Stanley is correct, I believe, in defining corruption in Trumpian far right base terms.

The Trump voter is not worried about law but rather about our traditional national identify argues an article in The Atlantic. Why Trump Supporters Don’t Care About Cohen’s Admission - The Atlantic

"In a forthcoming book titled How Fascism Works, the Yale philosophy professor Jason Stanley makes an intriguing claim. 'Corruption, to the fascist politician,' he suggests, 'is really about the corruption of purity rather than of the law. Officially, the fascist politician’s denunciations of corruption sound like a denunciation of political corruption. But such talk is intended to evoke corruption in the sense of the usurpation of the traditional order.'”

IOW, Trump calls to the "good old days," evokes images of the fifties, he denounces peoples of color, he calls women dogs and says he can grab them by the pussies.

The quickly changing demography of the electorate, and the outrageous talk and behavior by the President this week and last, and the blows delivered by Mueller in the Manafort and Cohen cases, may end any effective Presidency by the midterms in ten weeks.

That's an easy question.

Because he isn't corrupt.

Next

I'm not part of the Trump base and I don't see him as corrupt. In fact, just the opposite. Having never held political office before the man is simply naïve in understanding the ways of those that really hold the power in the political system.

You are seriously one of the dumbest posters here. I am sorry but you are. Or you are a troll. So lowering taxes for corporations, significantly reducing corporate inversions, increasing military spend and innovation, securing the border, making other countries respect our might again is bad how? LOL

Go back to your safe space, jabroni.

You've posted here 735 times in just 19 days since you've joined.

Paid shill or unemployed and on government assistance?

Are you complaining again? LOL

I work for myself. I am 100% not on Gov't assistance. You post a lot as well. What is your story?

You are seriously one of the dumbest posters here. I am sorry but you are. Or you are a troll. So lowering taxes for corporations, significantly reducing corporate inversions, increasing military spend and innovation, securing the border, making other countries respect our might again is bad how? LOL

Are you complaining again? LOL

I work for myself. I am 100% not on Gov't assistance. You post a lot as well. What is your story?

I get it. Basic math skills aren't in your wheelhouse.

You're a paid shill. Got it. Thanks for clarifying.

More likely a russian bot.

They're coming out of the woodwork now because of the election in November. Putin knows that republicans are behind in the polls so they've sent even more russian bots out to try to muddy the waters.

They're coming out of the woodwork now because of the election in November. Putin knows that republicans are behind in the polls so they've sent even more russian bots out to try to muddy the waters.

Oh absolutely. Look how many accounts are brand new as of this month and are posting endlessly.

The admins on the site don't care either.

Oh absolutely. Look how many accounts are brand new as of this month and are posting endlessly.

This is a conservative site. Those who run it are conservative.

Of course they don't care. The russians are trying to get more republicans elected to our government.

Republicans and conservatives don't care that it's illegal for a foreign government to interfere with our elections. They don't care that it's usurping the will of the people.

All they care about is that republicans continue to control our nation.

The problem with all of that is that it's a prescription for a very big backlash to come down the road. Backlashes aren't good things and never turn out well for all concerned.

LOL you guys are making me laugh out loud. So am I a paid shill or a Russian bot? Pick one.

Your sig is Je Suis

This is a conservative site. Those who run it are conservative.

Of course they don't care. The russians are trying to get more republicans elected to our government.

Republicans and conservatives don't care that it's illegal for a foreign government to interfere with our elections. They don't care that it's usurping the will of the people.

All they care about is that republicans continue to control our nation.

The problem with all of that is that it's a prescription for a very big backlash to come down the road. Backlashes aren't good things and never turn out well for all concerned.

Your sig is Je Suis Charlie? We are on the same side. LOL

It is illegal in every country to interfere with a country's election even when a Democrat does it.

Exactly how did Russia "usurp the will of the people"? The hacks were all Hillary's fault. She put the everything on a bone secured server. Plus there is no way to know if Russia was the one who released the information. If Russia discovered the server then everyone knew and hacked the server as well.

It is like trying to prove who raped a hooker.

Add to that the Democrats ran a candidate who lost 2 primaries.

Hillary and the Democrats never stood a chance.

Trump was the backlash against incompetent corrupt politicians and bureaucrats.

The backlash was growing since 92 (if not before).

The backlash now is growing against criminal, incompetent Trump and Gang.

From Dershowitz:

A candidate can spend as much of their own money as they want to—even if it was a campaign-related expense. You have to show that it’s a crime, it’s “not a crime” for a candidate like Trump to contribute to his own campaign, and probably not even a crime to direct someone else to contribute if he plans to pay that back. Further, Dershowitz said, “The only evidence that the president did anything that might be unlawful … comes from a man who’s admitted to be a liar.”

Did he mention anything about reporting the expenditures to the FEC?

Forum List

Back