Why Trump Can't Let Go of His Border Wall Dream

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2011
‘Trump has shut down the government over his failure to obtain funding for a wall across America's border with Mexico. He says it's about "border security," but the reality is far more disturbing.

Trump's wall is "deeply rooted in xenophobia," Rep.-elect Ilhan Omar, D-Minnesota, explained Thursday on my SiriusXM radio show.

[…]

Omar is correct. Trump's wall is about an irrational fear of outsiders -- but it's about more than that, too. Trump's wall is designed to address a key concern of his base: the browning of America. Bluntly, Trump's wall, if built, will likely be the largest and most expensive monument ever constructed to try and ensure the demographic supremacy of white America.

[…]

This past week, Republican Rep. Will Hurd from Texas, a former CIA agent, slammed the "fallacy that a wall equals border security." He explained, "I have more border (in my district) than any other member of Congress, 820 miles," and added that we can use available technology to keep us far safer than a wall. Hurd closed with a key point: "Building a wall from sea to shining sea is the most expensive and least effective way to do border security."’

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/23/opinions/trump-wall-address-base-fear-obeidallah/index.html

And although a Republican lawmaker has explained to his fellow Republicans that a ‘wall’ will do little to ensure border security, most on the right continue their demand for a ‘wall’ – confirming the fact that their advocacy for a ‘wall’ is motivated by fear, bigotry, and hate.

‘Trump has shut down the government over his failure to obtain funding for a wall across America's border with Mexico. He says it's about "border security," but the reality is far more disturbing.

Trump's wall is "deeply rooted in xenophobia," Rep.-elect Ilhan Omar, D-Minnesota, explained Thursday on my SiriusXM radio show.

[…]

Omar is correct. Trump's wall is about an irrational fear of outsiders -- but it's about more than that, too. Trump's wall is designed to address a key concern of his base: the browning of America. Bluntly, Trump's wall, if built, will likely be the largest and most expensive monument ever constructed to try and ensure the demographic supremacy of white America.

[…]

This past week, Republican Rep. Will Hurd from Texas, a former CIA agent, slammed the "fallacy that a wall equals border security." He explained, "I have more border (in my district) than any other member of Congress, 820 miles," and added that we can use available technology to keep us far safer than a wall. Hurd closed with a key point: "Building a wall from sea to shining sea is the most expensive and least effective way to do border security."’

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/23/opinions/trump-wall-address-base-fear-obeidallah/index.html

And although a Republican lawmaker has explained to his fellow Republicans that a ‘wall’ will do little to ensure border security, most on the right continue their demand for a ‘wall’ – confirming the fact that their advocacy for a ‘wall’ is motivated by fear, bigotry, and hate.

And your link

cnn-fake-news-gif-1.gif

[…]

[…]

1b0797.jpg

If you really wanna know why a wall and border security is so important...….let me try to explain it to you...…..

Hypothetical Scenario...…..2 immigrant families come to America. Jose & his family went thru all the legal processes and are now citizens. Juan & his pregnant wife crossed the border at night and are here illegally.

Juan gets a construction job for $12 an hour tax free, cash under the table, roughly $1900 per month. His wife is only eligible for medical care...….until the triples are born. Then she receives $400-$600 cash for the 3 kids and $600-$800 in food stamps for the whole family including Juan. Plus medical care...…..for a total income of around $3400. ALL at taxpayer expense.

Jose and his wife both are working at McD's for $12 an hour each and take home roughly $1400 each, after taxes & SS. Now they have to pay childcare @ $1200 per month for their 3 kids...…...no welfare, no food stamps. Jose would love to get a construction job that pays $24 an hour so his wife could stay home with the kids...…...but he can't because Juan got it at a cheaper rate because he's illegal.

Is any of this getting thru???

If you really wanna know why a wall and border security is so important...….let me try to explain it to you...…..

Hypothetical Scenario...…..2 immigrant families come to America. Jose & his family went thru all the legal processes and are now citizens. Juan & his pregnant wife crossed the border at night and are here illegally.

Juan gets a construction job for $12 an hour tax free, cash under the table, roughly $1900 per month. His wife is only eligible for medical care...….until the triples are born. Then she receives $400-$600 cash for the 3 kids and $600-$800 in food stamps for the whole family including Juan. Plus medical care...…..for a total income of around $3400. ALL at taxpayer expense.

Jose and his wife both are working at McD's for $12 an hour each and take home roughly $1400 each, after taxes & SS. Now they have to pay childcare @ $1200 per month for their 3 kids...…...no welfare, no food stamps. Jose would love to get a construction job that pays $24 an hour so his wife could stay home with the kids...…...but he can't because Juan got it at a cheaper rate because he's illegal.

Makes sense to me, and the companies that were working these illegals have since backed off alot on working them, but as soon as the Demon-crat's come back into power, you will see the Mexican labor increase dramatically once again in America.

Their liberal children are told get your education, and learn how not to get your hands dirty in life, and we will bring back slavery conditions for low end Mexican Laborers in which lower level American taxpayers will be subsidizing and taking care of once again in America (life is good).

The truth is the illegal aliens work in this country and are paid legally, the IRS knows this, our Congress knows this. The only reason nothing has been done about it, is because its cheap labor. Multiple it times 20MM and then try to justify it to middle class Americans.

Makes sense to me, and the companies that were working these illegals have since backed off alot on working them, but as soon as the Demon-crat's come back into power, you will see the Mexican labor increase dramatically once again in America.

Their liberal children are told get your education, and learn how not to get your hands dirty in life, and we will bring back slavery conditions for low end Mexican Laborers in which lower level American taxpayers will be subsidizing and taking care of once again in America (life is good).

While illegals don't qualify for welfare cash, they do get other $$'s thru other programs & grants & such, so even the numbers I gave aren't all they can get. As for Jose the legal one, that can go for any citizen, not just an immigrant.

Companies that hire illegals should be fined and/or slapped in some way to discourage hiring them.

And I don't think it's just about Mexican illegals either...….ISIS, Taliban, AlQuida, Islamists or any other terrorist group can still get in the US by way of Mexico.

The truth is the illegal aliens work in this country and are paid legally, the IRS knows this, our Congress knows this. The only reason nothing has been done about it, is because its cheap labor. Multiple it times 20MM and then try to justify it to middle class Americans.

How are they paid legally.....if they don't have social security numbers?

Fantasy. You believe that scenerio is true which is why you are not to be trusted with making important decisions.

[…]

[…]

And your link

View attachment 236488
LOL

Trump has you well trained. :itsok:

The IRS issues ITIN’s to millions and as an employer you file their income through a 1099. If you don’t believe this is happening daily, you’re very naive...

What are the triplet’s names?

While illegals don't qualify for welfare cash, they do get other $$'s thru other programs & grants & such, so even the numbers I gave aren't all they can get. As for Jose the legal one, that can go for any citizen, not just an immigrant.

Companies that hire illegals should be fined and/or slapped in some way to discourage hiring them.

And I don't think it's just about Mexican illegals either...….ISIS, Taliban, AlQuida, Islamists or any other terrorist group can still get in the US by way of Mexico.
Or Canada.

[…]

[…]

One persons opinion that the wall will do little to ensure border security is not an explanation for the motives of all who support the wall.,

Your claim that it is motivated by fear bigotry and hate is a slanderous lie and a foolish one. It is also a massive fail which you cannot support with evidence.

I actually agree that a wall will not solve the problem of our weak border and did not vote for trump. However many did vote for him and one reason was his promise of a wall, It is not his dream it is a desire for many if not most americans to have a wall or at least some significant increase in border control and security.

In the end it may not do much but it is better than nothing and having a secure border is not about bigotry fear and racism despite your stupid lies to the contrary

[…]

[…]

Why do we let people from shit holes like this Omar into the country?

[…]

[…]

there is no Express wall building power.

Building a wall from sea to shining sea is the most expensive and least effective way to do border security."’

None are so blind that refuse to see.....

All foisted upon us from the top , w/lots of follwers

The IRS issues ITIN’s to millions and as an employer you file their income through a 1099. If you don’t believe this is happening daily, you’re very naive

How do I apply for an ITIN? | Internal Revenue Service

So in reality , Trump is playing to the fears of the middle class, while ensuring the corporatists who rule Congress cheap labor

Ergo, the best defense would be legislative , all those H1B visa grey area's for starts....
08805dcbb0f9b4b7dfba185fa62beb71.jpg

[…]

[…]

One persons opinion that the wall will do little to ensure border security is not an explanation for the motives of all who support the wall.,

Your claim that it is motivated by fear bigotry and hate is a slanderous lie and a foolish one. It is also a massive fail which you cannot support with evidence.

I actually agree that a wall will not solve the problem of our weak border and did not vote for trump. However many did vote for him and one reason was his promise of a wall, It is not his dream it is a desire for many if not most americans to have a wall or at least some significant increase in border control and security.

In the end it may not do much but it is better than nothing and having a secure border is not about bigotry fear and racism despite your stupid lies to the contrary
we don't have a common defense problem we have a refugee problem.

Forum List

Back