Why Trump Was Charged On Secret Documents And Clinton, Pence Were Not

"B-b-b-b-b-b-but Clinton!" "B-b-b-b-b-b-b-but Biden!" We've all heard these refrains from the Tu Quoque Brigade in every defense of Donald Trump's crimes.

So here's the difference with respect to the deliberate obstruction by Trump to keep classified documents.

Why Trump was charged on secret documents and Clinton, Pence were not

But the historic investigation into the former president was precipitated months earlier, in January 2022, when the former president gave 15 boxes of papers to the National Archives and Records Administration. The agency had been seeking all presidential records from Trump since he left office.

Inside the boxes, archivists found 197 classified documents, some extremely sensitive, the government alleged in court filings. That discovery set in motion the chain of events that led to the unsealing Friday of a 38-count indictment against Trump and Walt Nauta, a trusted servant.

Notably, however, the indictment does not charge Trump with the illegal retention of any of the 197 documents he returned to the archives.

If Trump had returned ALL the classified documents he took, as Biden, Pence, and Clinton had done, there would be no indictment.

It's as simple as that, folks.

Trump chose to hide several boxes of documents, some of which were classified, and that's why his ass is on fire now.

As for Clinton and her emails, what Trump said in private is VASTLY different than the bullshit he feeds to the rube herd:

But when discussing his own possible mishandling case last year, Trump seized on another facet of the Clinton probe: that attorneys for Clinton had reviewed more than 60,000 emails and turned over about 30,000 to government officials because they were deemed related to her official duties. Clinton’s lawyers deleted the rest, about 30,000 emails, after deeming them personal and unrelated to her work. It has long been standard practice in the federal government for officials to review their own correspondence in response to Freedom of Information Act requests and decide which of their emails are personal and therefore not turned over. In Clinton’s case, her lawyers did that for her.

As a candidate and president, Trump denounced the decision to delete the emails. In July 2016, he notoriously declared at a news conference: “Russia: if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

When the grand jury subpoena for any classified documents arrived at his door, however, Trump expressed a very different view to his lawyer, according to the indictment, praising Clinton’s lawyer for deleting the 30,000 emails.

The Clinton lawyer, Trump allegedly said on May 23, 2022, “was the one who deleted all of her emails, the 30,000 emails, because they basically dealt with her scheduling and her going to the gym and her having beauty appointments. And he was great. And he, so she didn’t get in any trouble because he said that he was the one who deleted them.”

“Trump related the story more than once that day,” the indictment notes dryly.
So you’re saying that Trump should have just destroyed the documents and claim they were wedding and yoga documents?

Look it up, but I know when you see it for yourself. You will just yell ut Trump!
I did. China gave MORE to Harvard and USC.

Penn is a major research university moron . All sorts of foreign companies donate to colleges like that. England donates just slightly less to Penn than Chinese companies do.

A different lock indicates the presence of a lock, not the absence of a lock.

Wow, that was easy.
I have a lock on my bathroom door too. It only locks from the inside but it’s a lock. Won’t keep anyone out unless someone is taking a dump

I did. China gave MORE to Harvard and USC.

Penn is a major research university moron . All sorts of foreign companies donate to colleges like that. England donates just slightly less to Penn than Chinese companies do.
Man you are really going out of your way to defend Biden. In the beginning you said I was stretching it saying China donated money to the university of Pennsylvania. Biden has an office there and put classified documents there and just so happens China donated money. But that's not the only favor Biden is doing for China. All China had to do is give Hunter a couple of million.

Man you are really going out of your way to defend Biden. In the beginning you said I was stretching it saying China donated money to the university of Pennsylvania. Biden has an office there and put classified documents there and just so happens China donated money. But that's not the only favor Biden is doing for China. All China had to do is give Hunter a couple of million.
I did NOT say that. The stretch was saying that donations to a huge university mean that China owns Biden because the Biden Center is located there. There is no evidence that any of those donation went to the Biden Center or had anything to do with it.

Do you know how many campuses Penn has?

You’re an idiot

I did NOT say that. The stretch was saying that donations to a huge university mean that China owns Biden because the Biden Center is located there. There is no evidence that any of those donation went to the Biden Center or had anything to do with it.

Do you know how many campuses Penn has?

You’re an idiot
I know of one of them and the president put classified documents there. Why would they be there? For what reason? Trump had properly stored documents, but Biden has them at that center and in his unsecured garage. Why is that?

I know of one of them and the president put classified documents there. Why would they be there? For what reason? Trump had properly stored documents, but Biden has them at that center and in his unsecured garage. Why is that?
Trump did NOT have them “properly stored” you idiot. Who told you that? Smack em in the head

Trump did NOT have them “properly stored” you idiot. Who told you that? Smack em in the head
Several months before the raid they said only to change the lock. Then came out that Trump is kicking Biden's ass in the polls. Then the fbi raids Mar a logo and make up some crap about some documents.

Several months before the raid they said only to change the lock. Then came out that Trump is kicking Biden's ass in the polls. Then the fbi raids Mar a logo and make up some crap about some documents.
You have already been made aware that they only had subpoenas for certain docs.

That was all they could take. When they found OTHERS they insisted that those docs be made secure because they could not legally take them.

They were clearly NOT secure

"B-b-b-b-b-b-but Clinton!" "B-b-b-b-b-b-b-but Biden!" We've all heard these refrains from the Tu Quoque Brigade in every defense of Donald Trump's crimes.

So here's the difference with respect to the deliberate obstruction by Trump to keep classified documents.

Why Trump was charged on secret documents and Clinton, Pence were not

But the historic investigation into the former president was precipitated months earlier, in January 2022, when the former president gave 15 boxes of papers to the National Archives and Records Administration. The agency had been seeking all presidential records from Trump since he left office.

Inside the boxes, archivists found 197 classified documents, some extremely sensitive, the government alleged in court filings. That discovery set in motion the chain of events that led to the unsealing Friday of a 38-count indictment against Trump and Walt Nauta, a trusted servant.

Notably, however, the indictment does not charge Trump with the illegal retention of any of the 197 documents he returned to the archives.

If Trump had returned ALL the classified documents he took, as Biden, Pence, and Clinton had done, there would be no indictment.

It's as simple as that, folks.

Trump chose to hide several boxes of documents, some of which were classified, and that's why his ass is on fire now.

As for Clinton and her emails, what Trump said in private is VASTLY different than the bullshit he feeds to the rube herd:

But when discussing his own possible mishandling case last year, Trump seized on another facet of the Clinton probe: that attorneys for Clinton had reviewed more than 60,000 emails and turned over about 30,000 to government officials because they were deemed related to her official duties. Clinton’s lawyers deleted the rest, about 30,000 emails, after deeming them personal and unrelated to her work. It has long been standard practice in the federal government for officials to review their own correspondence in response to Freedom of Information Act requests and decide which of their emails are personal and therefore not turned over. In Clinton’s case, her lawyers did that for her.

As a candidate and president, Trump denounced the decision to delete the emails. In July 2016, he notoriously declared at a news conference: “Russia: if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

When the grand jury subpoena for any classified documents arrived at his door, however, Trump expressed a very different view to his lawyer, according to the indictment, praising Clinton’s lawyer for deleting the 30,000 emails.

The Clinton lawyer, Trump allegedly said on May 23, 2022, “was the one who deleted all of her emails, the 30,000 emails, because they basically dealt with her scheduling and her going to the gym and her having beauty appointments. And he was great. And he, so she didn’t get in any trouble because he said that he was the one who deleted them.”

“Trump related the story more than once that day,” the indictment notes dryly.
What’s in the 1850 boxes at UofDE?

You have already been made aware that they only had subpoenas for certain docs.

That was all they could take. When they found OTHERS they insisted that those docs be made secure because they could not legally take them.

They were clearly NOT secure
They said a new lock needed to be installed. All those pictures of the documents all over the place. Come to find out the were staged by the fbi and they took pictures. Why is that?

Why the anger, good poster Sea7?
At 7AM?
Why harsh your morning mellow?
You seem anxious, agitated, frazzled, out of control.
Settle down, son.
Go back to de-caf.
Don't let American social media discombobulate you. You ain't a 14yr old girl.
It's only the internet. Plus, you are anonymous, hiding behind a fake name.
So you be cool.
No?
You should be glad your not face to face with that attitude…

They said a new lock needed to be installed. All those pictures of the documents all over the place. Come to find out the were staged by the fbi and they took pictures. Why is that?
Sure buddy. More from your “hidden sources” huh

Sure buddy. More from your “hidden sources” huh
Jesus, you people act like news reporting is non existent unless it furthers your narrative’s….useful idiots every one of you liars.

Jesus, you people act like news reporting is non existent unless it furthers your narrative’s….useful idiots every one of you liars.
Then show your sources.

You won’t because you know they are batshit

Forum List

Back