🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why Trump's in Trouble: He's Underperforming Romney in 2012

Romney had shit for turn-out. There's no comparison. Trump has fired up the base and has amassed the most votes in Republican history AND that was accomplished with 17 candidates in the race. Be afraid....be very afraid.....believe me

With all due respect, comparisons to the previous republican nominee to the current nominee are indeed valid .. particularly when the current nominee is almost excusively dependent on only one segment of the population as Trump is. White voters.

Here's the REAL problem for Trump ..

Donald Trump's Real Problem Is With White People
excerpt

But how can it be, that Trump has a white people problem? Isn't he supposed to be the candidate who appeals squarely to whites?

Let's take a look at the polling. What it shows is that Trump is underperforming with whites compared with Mitt Romney's performance in 2012:

White women: Romney won white women by 14 points — 56-42 percent, according to national exit polls.

Trump, in the latest NBC/Wall Street Journal poll released this month, is down a point with the group, 43-42 percent.

That's a 15-point shift. No Republican can afford that.

White men: Romney won white men by a huge margin — 27 points (62-35 percent).

Trump is supposed to drive up the score with white men. But, according to NBC/WSJ, he's only up 13 points (49-36 percent), far less than Romney.

And, let's remember, Romney lost in an electoral landslide to President Obama.

A big problem for Trump is when education is factored in. He is struggling to win the margins he needs with whites with college degrees. Just look at this chart of Trump's massive deficit with white women with college degrees:

What's stunning about this is that Democrats have never won a majority of white voters with college degrees since exit polling began in 1976.

And when it comes to white voters without a college degree, even here Trump is only doing about as well as Romney did. Romney won 61 percent of whites without a college degree. Trump, in the latest, CNN/ORC poll, gets the support of 59 percent.

The problem for your side is that neither Trump nor his issues are as popular as his followers think they are. You think all white people are on your side .. NO, they aren't. I think you fail to acknowledge the growing divide between educated whites and less educated whites.

Factor in that on top of Trump's problems with white people, he's down 50 points with Hispanics, down 80 points with blacks, down with Jews, down with Asians, down, down, AND, down with white men in comparison to Romney.

Trump supporters have deluded themselves into believing whatever it is they want to believe irrespective of truth, facts, and evidence.

You're applying "old" reasoning and stats. The polls you cite as are sampled so skewed that they aren't even accurate. Whenever you find yourself throwing out stats and percentages and whites and blacks and latino's just know you've ventured into the BS zone.

Trump has something that cannot be measured or broken down into stats. His massive support across the US consists of voters who haven't voted in years, Dems, Repubs, independents (every race, color, and creed.)

Here's something else. Democrats are NOT voting like they did in 2012. Clinton is so flawed and corrupt that they stayed home and didn't vote in the primaries. I think it was down 20 points while Republicans flooded the 'voting booths'.

Dems need 2102 Obama turnout to defeat Trump and that's just not going to happen. Her rallies are empty and Kaines are small gatherings. No enthusiasm at all for either of them. She won't be able to get the masses of people to vote for her, just won't happen. Didn't happen in the primaries won't happen in the general. People don't vote against, people go out and vote for. That is what's going to kill her.

Romney had shit for turn-out. There's no comparison. Trump has fired up the base and has amassed the most votes in Republican history AND that was accomplished with 17 candidates in the race. Be afraid....be very afraid.....believe me

The base isn't big enough. Sorry.

Afraid? Nope. Embarrassed? Absolutely.
You're afraid and you can't hide it. You spend more time bashing/attacking/talking about Trump than Hillary. Hell now you're starting threads on Mrs Trump. That's the mark of someone who's afraid.......believe me.

Care to share with the rest of us losers ??
How B I G L Y do you think Trump will win?
I'm not going to name call and say you're all losers ;) Willfully ignorant perhaps, losers no.

He'll win so bigly that those who believed the MSM, pundits and hacks across the internet will be utterly shocked. Trump supporters and those who have been digging/looking deeper into the polls will be saying "What? Why you so shocked? Told you it was coming"

I predict Trump will accumulate anywhere from 275-280 electoral votes.
What alternate reality are you residing in? Do you read much?
Read a lot (too much actually) and break down every poll. You on the other hand are getting your info from the MSM/pundits/"polls". < BIG mistake

With all due respect, comparisons to the previous republican nominee to the current nominee are indeed valid .. particularly when the current nominee is almost excusively dependent on only one segment of the population as Trump is. White voters.

excerpt

But how can it be, that Trump has a white people problem? Isn't he supposed to be the candidate who appeals squarely to whites?

Let's take a look at the polling. What it shows is that Trump is underperforming with whites compared with Mitt Romney's performance in 2012:

White women: Romney won white women by 14 points — 56-42 percent, according to national exit polls.

Trump, in the latest NBC/Wall Street Journal poll released this month, is down a point with the group, 43-42 percent.

Trump is supposed to drive up the score with white men. But, according to NBC/WSJ, he's only up 13 points (49-36 percent), far less than Romney.

A big problem for Trump is when education is factored in. He is struggling to win the margins he needs with whites with college degrees. Just look at this chart of Trump's massive deficit with white women with college degrees:

What's stunning about this is that Democrats have never won a majority of white voters with college degrees since exit polling began in 1976.

And when it comes to white voters without a college degree, even here Trump is only doing about as well as Romney did. Romney won 61 percent of whites without a college degree. Trump, in the latest, CNN/ORC poll, gets the support of 59 percent.

The problem for your side is that neither Trump nor his issues are as popular as his followers think they are. You think all white people are on your side .. NO, they aren't. I think you fail to acknowledge the growing divide between educated whites and less educated whites.

Factor in that on top of Trump's problems with white people, he's down 50 points with Hispanics, down 80 points with blacks, down with Jews, down with Asians, down, down, AND, down with white men in comparison to Romney.

Trump supporters have deluded themselves into believing whatever it is they want to believe irrespective of truth, facts, and evidence.

You're applying "old" reasoning and stats. The polls you cite as are sampled so skewed that they aren't even accurate. Whenever you find yourself throwing out stats and percentages and whites and blacks and latino's just know you've ventured into the BS zone.

Trump has something that cannot be measured or broken down into stats. His massive support across the US consists of voters who haven't voted in years, Dems, Repubs, independents (every race, color, and creed.)

Here's something else. Democrats are NOT voting like they did in 2012. Clinton is so flawed and corrupt that they stayed home and didn't vote in the primaries. I think it was down 20 points while Republicans flooded the 'voting booths'.

Dems need 2102 Obama turnout to defeat Trump and that's just not going to happen. Her rallies are empty and Kaines are small gatherings. No enthusiasm at all for either of them. She won't be able to get the masses of people to vote for her, just won't happen. Didn't happen in the primaries won't happen in the general. People don't vote against, people go out and vote for. That is what's going to kill her.

McCain got 60 million and Mitt 61. We'll see if Trump does as well.

The base isn't big enough. Sorry.

Afraid? Nope. Embarrassed? Absolutely.
You're afraid and you can't hide it. You spend more time bashing/attacking/talking about Trump than Hillary. Hell now you're starting threads on Mrs Trump. That's the mark of someone who's afraid.......believe me.

I'm not going to name call and say you're all losers ;) Willfully ignorant perhaps, losers no.

He'll win so bigly that those who believed the MSM, pundits and hacks across the internet will be utterly shocked. Trump supporters and those who have been digging/looking deeper into the polls will be saying "What? Why you so shocked? Told you it was coming"

Read a lot (too much actually) and break down every poll. You on the other hand are getting your info from the MSM/pundits/"polls". < BIG mistake

Do you believe that Trump will win in PA?

Our latest national NBC/WSJ poll is bad news for Donald Trump's prospects three weeks out until Election Day, and the problem for him runs deeper than the headline result showing Trump trailing Hillary Clinton by double digits. He's also underperforming Mitt Romney with key parts of the electorate, including women, men, Latinos, whites, and whites with college degrees. Just look at comparison between Trump's standing in our new poll and Romney's eventual standing in the 2012 exit poll:

net_performance_against_dem_opponent_trump_romney_chartbuilder_372bab6e905b7ab0c2d096e9c5988db0.nbcnews-ux-600-480.png

Why's Trump in trouble? He's underperforming Mitt Romney

Poll: Clinton leads Trump by 50 points among Latinos

Then you have nothing to worry about.

You might as well stay home election day
NIce try....listen, this is perhaps the most important election of all our life times...but if you want to stay home, I wouldn't mind a bit.

Nah, I'll be hitting the polls, but I'm not voting for anyone above senator
Brilliant! Just fucking BRILLIANT! What if everyone failed to vote for president? Where would our constitutional republic be then.? You might not like either but they are vastly different in many ways and on different levels. You have to decide what kind of country you want and take a side. The outcome of this election will be enormously consequential and it is irresponsible to not vote at all.

I see BOTH candidates taking the country even deeper into chaos, and refuse to be a part of it.

and considering I've voted in every election since 1968, I speak with experience when I state these are the 2 worse nominees I've ever seen

Our latest national NBC/WSJ poll is bad news for Donald Trump's prospects three weeks out until Election Day, and the problem for him runs deeper than the headline result showing Trump trailing Hillary Clinton by double digits. He's also underperforming Mitt Romney with key parts of the electorate, including women, men, Latinos, whites, and whites with college degrees. Just look at comparison between Trump's standing in our new poll and Romney's eventual standing in the 2012 exit poll:

net_performance_against_dem_opponent_trump_romney_chartbuilder_372bab6e905b7ab0c2d096e9c5988db0.nbcnews-ux-600-480.png

NIce try....listen, this is perhaps the most important election of all our life times...but if you want to stay home, I wouldn't mind a bit.

Brilliant! Just fucking BRILLIANT! What if everyone failed to vote for president? Where would our constitutional republic be then.? You might not like either but they are vastly different in many ways and on different levels. You have to decide what kind of country you want and take a side. The outcome of this election will be enormously consequential and it is irresponsible to not vote at all.
As much as I loathe Hillary Rotten Clinton, just the thought of Trump in the white house scares the shit out of me, so voting for the bitch is a must....and holding my nose won't be so bad.

Do you believe that Trump will win in PA?
Too many educated white people there, he may get the trash vote, but thank God, Pa. has huge numbers of educated smart people who know better, Trump may take Ohio, but never the PA....home of Mr. James Brown and my ex.

excerpt

McCain got 60 million and Mitt 61. We'll see if Trump does as well.
Uh, didn't they both lose?

I see BOTH candidates taking the country even deeper into chaos, and refuse to be a part of it.

and considering I've voted in every election since 1968, I speak with experience when I state these are the 2 worse nominees I've ever seen
I blame the DNC for our nightmare, they forced this bitch on us....., Trump on the other hand was handed the nod, by stupid white people, the conservative owned press and his own damned party of cowards...he's all yours and you guys have no one to blame but yourselves!!

excerpt

Dems will have a 2012 turnout for Clinton even if she is not as popular. Why, because Trump is a loathsome, vile and dangerous demagogue and anyone who has two brain cells to rub together knows that. Massive support? He has a fringe core group of zombies who will drink the cool aide when he looses. What flavor do you like?

You think the polls are flawed and skewed? Maybe some but certainly not all. I'm looking at three probability analysis that compiles the results of all polls an a daily basis and the picture for Trump is dismal:

2016 Election Forecast: Who Will Be President?

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo

ElectoralVote

Deal with it kid.

excerpt

Dems will have a 2012 turnout for Clinton even if she is not as popular. Why, because Trump is a loathsome, vile and dangerous demagogue and anyone who has two brain cells to rub together knows that. Massive support? He has a fringe core group of zombies who will drink the cool aide when he looses. What flavor do you like?

You think the polls are flawed and skewed? Maybe some but certainly not all. I'm looking at three probability analysis that compiles the results of all polls an a daily basis and the picture for Trump is dismal:

ElectoralVote

Deal with it kid.

Why, because Trump is a loathsome, vile and dangerous demagogue and anyone who has two brain cells to rub together knows that.

and the same can be said about HIllary.

Don't believe it?

Look at her 'rallys'.

No problem ....I will, since I already voted.

excerpt

ElectoralVote

Deal with it kid.

Why, because Trump is a loathsome, vile and dangerous demagogue and anyone who has two brain cells to rub together knows that.

Don't believe it?

Look at her 'rallys'.
No the same cannot be said , not even close. You might not like r trust Clinton but she will not embarrass the country, destroy the economy, and sell out to Russia. Any one who can't see the clear difference between them and who does not know what the only rational choice is, is a moron.

Read what some black voters are thinking...
as this was going on which is has caused fear among people that support Trump!
View attachment 94184
View attachment 94182
Nice staged event....notice the camera placement.

excerpt

ElectoralVote

Deal with it kid.

Don't believe it?

Look at her 'rallys'.
No the same cannot be said , not even close. You might not like r trust Clinton but she will not embarrass the country, destroy the economy, and sell out to Russia. Any one who can't see the clear difference between them and who does not know what the only rational choice is, is a moron.

If you can see a clear difference between them, you need this

th

Why must nutbags ALWAYS overstate?

You are claiming that Hillary Clinton....one of the most qualified and most intelligent people to ever run for the office...is one of the two worst nominees in history. That's a crazy thing to say. The only way you believe that is if you believe in conspiracy theories.

Then...you have Trump. Who is...actually....one of the worst nominees ever. His own words and actions within the past week alone are proof of that.

Try harder.

You are claiming that Hillary Clinton....one of the most qualified and most intelligent people to ever run for the office...is one of the two worst nominees in history. That's a crazy thing to say. The only way you believe that is if you believe in conspiracy theories.

Then...you have Trump. Who is...actually....one of the worst nominees ever. His own words and actions within the past week alone are proof of that.

Try harder.

Seems you can use one as well

th

No problem ....I will, since I already voted.
ah HAH! Did you evade a requirement of ID? (-:

Try harder.

one of the most qualified and most intelligent people to ever run for the office...is

Qualified?

You can't be serious.

and Trump?

This shows him at his best.

I'm sorry but you can't win with just the republican base voting for you.

That's a very small portion of the voting population.

Forum List

Back