🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why US Citizens Should Respect the US Flag

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
20992862_10159114393770431_7600507765189342692_n.jpg

Last edited:
If some citizen of any country acts disrespectfully to his country's flag, he needs to go to jail to have some time to think and to understand why it was a wrong thing to do. Or just to be deported back to jungle.

Oh please. Spare us the emotional jingoism.

Flags are a fetish. There's a reason idolatry is despised. And here's one form of that reason.

Not to mention that her memes are the EXACT reason we can legally "step on" or burn the flag. Those people fought and gave their lives to protect the First Amendment.

Damn RWNJs pretend to care about our military, our vets and our POWs, but if they really did, they would never have voted for pino trump.

Bonzo - your meme might make YOU feel better but its basically meaningless. The US is NOT NKorea. Deal with it.

So it's patriotic to die protecting bad policy and failed wars?

Just because we have the right to defile the flag, doesn't mean it's appropriate. A country's flag evokes respect for the country it represents.
If you don't believe that, watch the winner's podium when the flags are raised during the Olympics.

I disagree with most of the images.

1. The flag is just a symbol. In my case its a symbol of hypocrisy.
2. Tearing down monuments to traitors is not erasing history. Last I heard history books havent changed.
3. The national anthem is a racist song promoting the kiling of the enslaved attempting to gain their freedom.
4. If most civilians saw what the US did overseas to other countries you would be conflicted and experience cognitive dissonance.

Think intent of the law, not letter of the law

If some citizen of any country acts disrespectfully to his country's flag, he needs to go to jail to have some time to think and to understand why it was a wrong thing to do. Or just to be deported back to jungle.

And post 3 (here) makes the point of post 2 all over again. Not just fetishism but fetishism under threat of imprisonment.

If some citizen of this country acts disrespectfully to his own First Amendment -- which is exactly what this is -- he needs to go board a flight to Pyonyang and see how he likes the alternative.

They disrespect the flag, yet don't renounce their citizenship.

Hypocritical, snowflake ingrates.
Why should anyone renounce their citizenship? The flag didnt give me my citizenship. i was born here.

Indeed on the contrary, your citizenship explicitly and actively DOES give you, and all of us, the right to not be tossed in jail for refusing to kiss a flag. Bizzare how those who want to cream their jeans over a symbol, seem simultaneously oblivious to what that symbol represents.

And that's the pitfall of fetishism-idolatry; the fetish itself becomes the God, and the ideals it stands for is tossed on the scrap heap.

If there's any doubt that fetishism is exactly what this is:
Schoolchildren are forced to recite, "I pledge allegiance to the flag...". Not even "I pledge allegiance to my country" but rather "I pledge allegiance to a piece of cloth, and oh yeah as an afterthought also to the country I guess, if I really must...."

A pledge, by the way, that no other country in the world requires of its citizens with the sole exception of our former colony the Philippines. A pledge, by the way, that was conjured up in the late 19th century as a marketing tool for the purpose of selling flags to schools. In other words -- personal profit via the pawn of "patriotism".

So in effect we're forcing children to babble "I pledge allegiance to the idea of using the Constitution as a shield to use mob mentality jingoism as a shaming tool to sell this fetish; and to the authoritarianism for which this mob mentality jingoism stands, one nation, under its Thumb, with threats of jail for all who fail to robotically march in lockstep to the holy fetish, praised be the needle that stitched it".

It's a far cry from the ideals of the Constitution.

Last edited:
Oh please. Spare us the emotional jingoism.

Flags are a fetish. There's a reason idolatry is despised. And here's one form of that reason.

1918, the date of the incidents in that link, is the same year that baseball started injecting the national anthem before the games would start, an exercise which has absolutely zero to do with baseball, simply for the purpose of marching in lockstep to this same mob mentality. They figured, as long as we have X thousand people in one place, let's get them indoctrinated en masse. To target people who happen to be gathered in one place for entirely different reasons is of course exactly what terrorists do with a bomb. In this case there's no bomb; there's a mass brainwash campaign. This of course it did at the same time it was denying participation to black players, which makes it an exercise in FLAMING hypocrisy.

Baseball still does that to this day, yet few seem to know where the exercise came from and what it actually represents.

At the same time the National Security League and its sister organization the American Defense Society (basically a version for each political party, both of which emerged in 1915) pushed for "Americanism" and universal conscription ... not meant to merely strengthen the military but also to weed out "religious or political dissenters, sexual 'deviants,' those who frequented prostitutes, and people convicted of crimes who had completed their punishment..."[8] The goal was to create an elite meritocratic class which would take decision-making away from the electorate.[1][6]

These two groups worked for the same cause of public indoctrination, hypernationalism, deportation of immigrants and even the elimination of German language teaching from schools (and later of Russian) to foment the the ethnnic hate hysteria that even resulted in pet dogs being snatched from their owners and tortured to death on the street because the dog was a Dachshund, a "German" breed. THIS is where mob mentality leads.

And the following year 1919, the infamous Palmer Raids started running around locking people up and deporting them not for flag-fetish resistance, but for their political views. These were brought about by the same hypernationalist (a couple of decades later the pattern would be called "fascism") hysteria that the NSL and ADS pushed for, and in the Sedition Acts and the Palmer Raids and the national anthem starting a fricking baseball game and the dead Dachshunds in the street. THAT is the inevitable result when a lockstep robotic drone population doesn't stop to question why it's being herded by the nose into a lockstep mentality, even to the point of being hauled off to jail for refusing to kiss a flag.

Killing an innocent Dachshund on the street simply because we choose to call its category by a German name, serves no purpose whatsoever except to indulge the emotional hysteria of the mob. We should have moved past that bullshit after the witch burnings.

Forum List

Back