Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

I think that Adam, not being deceived, was more culpable than Eve.

Why then did God favor the guiltiest, Adam, with, --- he shall rule over you?

Men rule over women? Why when men were not deceived but disobeyed?

What was the transgression, --- if not a wise decision to choose knowledge and wisdom and shun immortality of the flesh, --- even if that were possible, --- and why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?

Regards
DL
They were both thrown out of the garden....if you trust the literal translation of what men wrote about what they think God did. There are many parables and other allegorical stories in the Bible.

True but one was master and the other a slave. Why is that si when the master screwed up more than the slave?

Why was woman punished more when the man is the one who disobeyed?

Regards
DL

Being the lesser of the two did not make Eve a slave. Where do you get that from? Adam was severely punished. The ground had yielded unto him up until then but God said he would live thereafter by the sweat of his brow and the ground would yield thorns and thistles.

Eve transgressed because of lust, pride, and envy. Adam's transgression was because he knew or thought that God would destroy Eve and leave him alone once again.

You sound like a feminist to me. Since when has a woman been below a man in reality? Most men I know bend over backwards to make their wife happy. Get real.

You have added quite a lot to the story and distorted it completely.
Your own bible tells you not to do so. Get back to the script as given, without your adding so much to it and we can chat.

This is all from your own imagination and is thus not relevant to our discussion. "Eve transgressed because of lust, pride, and envy. Adam's transgression was because he knew or thought that God would destroy Eve and leave him alone once again."

As to equality, only a fool would think we have it in the West when women still only make about 70% of what men make for the same work.

You seem to judge all marriages by your own. Not a good idea.

Regards
DL

Are you judging all marriages by perhaps your own failed marriage?
Perhaps you need to read Gen. 3:16 - 3:19?

Why did you post this thread since it is obviously just another "victim" rant? Your real concern is inequality in the pay of women. You should have made your OP to that concern.
Most upper positions are offerings and subject to negotiation. Any corporation will make an initial offering to anyone, male or female, at a lower rate of salary and benefits than they really expect someone to accept. If anyone accepts the offering, they have only their own greed to blame for it. Perhaps women are not as adept at negotiating as men are. We are all individuals, both men and women are individuals, and are free to either accept or turn down an offering.

Any man that thinks a woman should be his slave is an idiot. Any man that strikes a woman in anger should have his balls removed. So sayeth asaratis!

Agreed. Now explain to me why women Raven's fans are wearing Ray Rice jerseys. It appears to me that these women have taken the abuser's side in the issue.

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

What was the transgression, --- if not a wise decision to choose knowledge and wisdom and shun immortality of the flesh, --- even if that were possible, --- and why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?

Regards
DL
They were both thrown out of the garden....if you trust the literal translation of what men wrote about what they think God did. There are many parables and other allegorical stories in the Bible.

True but one was master and the other a slave. Why is that si when the master screwed up more than the slave?

Regards
DL

Being the lesser of the two did not make Eve a slave. Where do you get that from? Adam was severely punished. The ground had yielded unto him up until then but God said he would live thereafter by the sweat of his brow and the ground would yield thorns and thistles.

Eve transgressed because of lust, pride, and envy. Adam's transgression was because he knew or thought that God would destroy Eve and leave him alone once again.

You sound like a feminist to me. Since when has a woman been below a man in reality? Most men I know bend over backwards to make their wife happy. Get real.

Your own bible tells you not to do so. Get back to the script as given, without your adding so much to it and we can chat.

This is all from your own imagination and is thus not relevant to our discussion. "Eve transgressed because of lust, pride, and envy. Adam's transgression was because he knew or thought that God would destroy Eve and leave him alone once again."

As to equality, only a fool would think we have it in the West when women still only make about 70% of what men make for the same work.

Regards
DL

Why did you post this thread since it is obviously just another "victim" rant? Your real concern is inequality in the pay of women. You should have made your OP to that concern.
Most upper positions are offerings and subject to negotiation. Any corporation will make an initial offering to anyone, male or female, at a lower rate of salary and benefits than they really expect someone to accept. If anyone accepts the offering, they have only their own greed to blame for it. Perhaps women are not as adept at negotiating as men are. We are all individuals, both men and women are individuals, and are free to either accept or turn down an offering.

You try and fail to justify discrimination of women by men who are mostly religious.

National Committee on Pay Equity NCPE

You went off topic so if you want to get back, make a statement.

Adam disobeyed while Eve was deceived thanks to God. Why did he favor Adam who was more culpable than Eve.

Regards
DL

Agreed. Now explain to me why women Raven's fans are wearing Ray Rice jerseys. It appears to me that these women have taken the abuser's side in the issue.
Far be it from me to be able to explain why football fans do as they do. Even farther be it from me to be able to understand women. All I truly believe regarding this case is that it takes a low down, worthless son of a bitch to slug a women...in an elevator or any where else...regardless of what you do for a living.

The tendency seems to be to forgive jocks for getting out of line. Winning trumps high standards. A good athlete can get away with MURDER!

Regards
DL

Your whole post fails!

Genesis 3:
6When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.
7Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.
8Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden.
9But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?”
10He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.”
11And he said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?”
12The man said, “The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.”
13Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?”
The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”

17To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’
“Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat food from it
all the days of your life.

There is no way of knowing if Eve told Adam that the fruit was from the tree of knowledge. If anything, Scripture leads the other way, and leads us to believe that Eve hid that knowledge from Adam, until it was too late.

Adam's sin was in listening to his wife, and letting her make a decision, instead of Adam thinking for himself.

There is more evidence to back up this claim.
1 Timothy 2:14
And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.

Eve sinned and got her husband to do the same, Adam was just a fool for listening to his wife. Thus Adam was disobedient, for he did not obey God and make his wife a helper for him as God had made her, instead Adam made her an equal. Thus, Adam was the first women's liberator.(I bet you hate that).

Have a nice day.
USA

Far be it from me to be able to explain why football fans do as they do. Even farther be it from me to be able to understand women. All I truly believe regarding this case is that it takes a low down, worthless son of a bitch to slug a women...in an elevator or any where else...regardless of what you do for a living.

The tendency seems to be to forgive jocks for getting out of line. Winning trumps high standards. A good athlete can get away with MURDER!

I hear you. More of society's misplaced values. I wonder though if the steroids and enhancement drugs play any part. You know even doses of testosterone have been said to provoke increased hostility in males. Of course that probably wouldn't explain the Hollywood and rap music crowd.

"She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it."

"There is no way of knowing if Eve told Adam that the fruit was from the tree of knowledge."

She did not even say a word as he was right at that tree with her and would have watched her eat.

Typical male you are. Trying to put it all on a woman.

Men just do not know how to man up.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

You try and fail to justify discrimination of women by men who are mostly religious.

National Committee on Pay Equity NCPE

You went off topic so if you want to get back, make a statement.

Adam disobeyed while Eve was deceived thanks to God. Why did he favor Adam who was more culpable than Eve.

Regards
DL

Where did you prove religious men are more prone? From the accounts of rap music and Hollywood abuses upon women I would beg to differ. As far as God, you'd have to lodge your complaint with him and request an answer. Adam did appear to have quite a personal connection with God though.

"There is no way of knowing if Eve told Adam that the fruit was from the tree of knowledge."

She did not even say a word as he was right at that tree with her and would have watched her eat.

Regards
DL

Probably because none of us men were actually there at the time. All of this is pure conjecture.

Regards
DL

Aww, did the truth hurt?

It does NOT say that he was at the tree with her, it says she took some and gave it to Adam. She screwed up.

Your post fails.

Your argument fails.

And this thread fails.

And now everyone knows it.

Have a nice day
USA

:dance:Adam was the first women's liberator, and DL can't stand that FACT!

That makes this whole thread worth the reading! :dance:

I might dance all night!:dance:

Have a nice day(I know I am)
USA:dance:

Regards
DL

Aww, did the truth hurt?

It does NOT say that he was at the tree with her, it says she took some and gave it to Adam. She screwed up.

Your post fails.

Your argument fails.

And this thread fails.

Have a nice day
USA

Yes, the whole thread is a farce. She is apparently ticked off because she has had a failed marriage and her company doesn't feel she is worthy of the same pay as some guy in her office. Sad.

:banghead::banghead:

Regards
DL

Aww, did the truth hurt?

Your post fails.

Your argument fails.

And this thread fails.

Have a nice day
USA

Yes, the whole thread is a farce. She is apparently ticked off because she has had a failed marriage and her company doesn't feel she is worthy of the same pay as some guy in her office. Sad.

Spending all day on USMB will do that for you.

Adam was the first women's liberator, and DL can't stand that FACT!

Actually, Lilith was "the first women's liberator"... as she liberated herself from Adam, liberated herself from Eden, and liberated herself from humanity by becoming a Demon Goddess.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back