Why Was No One Armed & Shooting Back In El Paso WalMart ?

When someone commits a mass shooting the democrats will blame in this order:

1. The gun
2. The NRA
3. The president
4. The bullets
5. The republican party
6. The second amendment
7. Supports of the second Amendment
8. Gun laws
9. Evil black guns
10. LAST AND DEFINITELY LEAST, THE ACTUAL SHOOTER HIMSELF

The issue of leaving guns in the car

More guns are being stolen out of cars in America, particularly in states that have made it easier for people to carry firearms on the road.

There are no reliable national numbers, but an NPR survey of a sampling of police departments reveals steady increases in reports of guns stolen from vehicles.

In Atlanta, the number rose to 1,021 in 2018 from 439 in 2009.

In St. Louis, it increased to 597 from 200 in the same period.

Some of the biggest spikes have come just in the last few years in Tennessee. The number of guns reported stolen from vehicles statewide nearly doubled in one year. In 2016, 2,203 were reported; a year later, reports numbered 4,064, according to figures provided to NPR by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

"The crime overall is not new, but the volume — the amount that we're seeing — is new," says Lt. Blaine Whited of the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department. "It's enough to shock you."

Which is why everyone should carry and NOT leave their guns in the car. STOP harassing folks who open carry.

Yeah and here is the deal I am not talking about concealed weapons in a federal or state building where yeah they will throw the book at you

I am talking about on private property like Walmart where they will ask you to leave and that if they see you have a gun otherwise they do not CHECK. Ultimately the worst you can be charged with is Trespassing.
If you leave then no problem but if you don't then who know what the law is by state.

I think any private business that demands people turn over their gun before entering should be wide-open for a huge lawsuit in the case where some shit-head with a gun crashes in and starts wounding and killing all the people in the store that, through no choice of their own, have their guns confiscated at the door.

They do not turn over their guns they either don't go to that place, leave it in the car, or don't worry about it as I said they do not search people for weapons at walmart or other private properties

You don't seem to grasp what I am saying. The problem is that law abiding citizens will NOT go to Walmart armed which is effectively, keeping law abiding gun-carrying citizens from being able to shop at Walmart UNLESS they disarm themselves. The criminal-shooter was under no such restriction because there was no one in Walmart with the ability to ENFORCE that rule. Get it now?

A shooter is going to make sure there is no one behind him. No one has ever had the chance to shoot a shooter and there is a reason. Because you never see him coming. He has the plan, you don't. In a public arena, there is no way to stop someone who wants to do what this shooter did. No amount of security. He is going to shoot someone before he is shot
TOTAL NONSENSE!
You don't have a chance in hell against someone with an assault rifle. No one has ever taken out a shooter with an assault rifle. If you do not shoot before the shoots, you are dead. People saw him entering the store with the rifle and no one stopped him. He could have been returning the gun to the store and you may shoot an innocent man unless you know what is in his head. Simple bull shit is you think anything else.

Wal Mart doesn't sell AK's.
Are you going to be standing at the door waiting for him to come in or back in the store not knowing until he starts shooting? Too late then. No way to stop a shooter unless there are armed security guards at the doors. And he can shoot the guard before he can even see him. But in a park, a shooter even has the upper hand. No way to stop these guys.

A shooter is going to make sure there is no one behind him. No one has ever had the chance to shoot a shooter and there is a reason. Because you never see him coming. He has the plan, you don't. In a public arena, there is no way to stop someone who wants to do what this shooter did. No amount of security. He is going to shoot someone before he is shot
TOTAL NONSENSE!
You don't have a chance in hell against someone with an assault rifle. No one has ever taken out a shooter with an assault rifle. If you do not shoot before the shoots, you are dead. People saw him entering the store with the rifle and no one stopped him. He could have been returning the gun to the store and you may shoot an innocent man unless you know what is in his head. Simple bull shit is you think anything else.

Are you going to be standing at the door waiting for him to come in or back in the store not knowing until he starts shooting? Too late then. No way to stop a shooter unless there are armed security guards at the doors. And he can shoot the guard before he can even see him. But in a park, a shooter even has the upper hand. No way to stop these guys.

If MOST people at Walmart were armed and knew how to use their weapon, the perp could have been taken out as soon as he brandished his rifle. Handguns are semi-auto too and, remember, the little asshole at Gilroy was taken out by cops with handguns.

I don't think Trump is a racist just because he wants to secure the border and control immigration and enforce immigration laws already on the book. And that is why Democrats, Beto, calls him a racist. If you do not want border security, you want catch and release, sanctuary cities and uncontrolled immigration with Comprehensive Immigration Reform (amnesty for the 20 million here illegally, you are a racist against American citizens. Democrats are the real racists.

TOTAL NONSENSE!

If MOST people at Walmart were armed and knew how to use their weapon, the perp could have been taken out as soon as he brandished his rifle. Handguns are semi-auto too and, remember, the little asshole at Gilroy was taken out by cops with handguns.
And a lot of innocent people would get shot.

The El Paso Walmart shooter killed 20 people (so far) and wounded 26 more. He may well have fired some shots missing people also. It's pretty fair to say this nut fired at least 50 shots, and very possibly well more than that.

It takes quite some time to fire that many shots individually, as this guy did, walking aisle to aisle, through the store. If there had been an armed security guard, or any armed citizen with a CCW license, this guy could have (and should have) been stopped cold after the first 2 or 3 shots.

As someone who has a CCW license, and is armed 99% of the time, when I'm walking around outside, it is amazing to me that there could have been that many people walking around unarmed and defenseless. Why? Don't they know something like this could happen at any time ?

In contrast, in 2002, a Muslim terrorist (Hesham Mohamed Hadayet) walked into Los Angeles Airport (LAX) armed with 2 handguns, plus magazines loaded with dozens of bullets. He shot and killed 2 people, and wounded 4. The airport was filled with people. The terrorist was shot dead right on the spot, by a security guard who was armed and ready to deal. Without that good guy with a gun, the airport would have been a bloodbath, just like this WalMart, and probably even worse.

This ARMED DEFENSE is what should have been the case in El Paso. How this guy could pull off what he did without getting shot, by a guard or CCW carrying citizen is mind boggling.

2002 Los Angeles International Airport shooting - Wikipedia

Gun Free Zone. It would have been a felony to carry a pistol in there. Why else?

The El Paso Walmart shooter killed 20 people (so far) and wounded 26 more. He may well have fired some shots missing people also. It's pretty fair to say this nut fired at least 50 shots, and very possibly well more than that.

It takes quite some time to fire that many shots individually, as this guy did, walking aisle to aisle, through the store. If there had been an armed security guard, or any armed citizen with a CCW license, this guy could have (and should have) been stopped cold after the first 2 or 3 shots.

As someone who has a CCW license, and is armed 99% of the time, when I'm walking around outside, it is amazing to me that there could have been that many people walking around unarmed and defenseless. Why? Don't they know something like this could happen at any time ?

In contrast, in 2002, a Muslim terrorist (Hesham Mohamed Hadayet) walked into Los Angeles Airport (LAX) armed with 2 handguns, plus magazines loaded with dozens of bullets. He shot and killed 2 people, and wounded 4. The airport was filled with people. The terrorist was shot dead right on the spot, by a security guard who was armed and ready to deal. Without that good guy with a gun, the airport would have been a bloodbath, just like this WalMart, and probably even worse.

This ARMED DEFENSE is what should have been the case in El Paso. How this guy could pull off what he did without getting shot, by a guard or CCW carrying citizen is mind boggling.

This is only an opinion, but I believe you are naive. For an ordinary civilian shopper, even if armed, it takes a while to figure out
what is happening and where it is coming from. Texas is a open carry State and I doubt there were no armed shoppers. However they were mentally geared for WalMart, not Fallujah. I think we're lucky no innocent shopper was killed by a 'good guy with a gun'.

Clearly you are the naive one, at least considering people who go thru the training and process to be licensed to open carry. All the people I know, 20 plus, who have either the license for concealed or open carry where permitted, are expecting these situations. That’s why the got the license in the first place.
Not a single one of them trained for this situation. Stop saying dumb shit.

1. The gun
2. The NRA
3. The president
4. The bullets
5. The republican party
6. The second amendment
8. Gun laws
9. Evil black guns
What a stupid post. Everyone blames the shooter. When talking politics and policy, you discuss politics and policy.

Gun Free Zone. It would have been a felony to carry a pistol in there. Why else?
I see it is "make stupid shit up" day on USMB. Again.

Not made up. If a store owner puts a NO FIREARMS sign on the door it has the force of Texas State Law.

TOTAL NONSENSE!

And a lot of innocent people would get shot.

That is the exact excuse the left uses to contemplate taking law abiding citizen's guns away and it's basically bullshit. BTW, 'a lot of innocent people' got shot this last weekend and NONE of them were able to return fire. When did Americans become a bunch of pussies?

Not made up. If a store owner puts a NO FIREARMS sign on the door it has the force of Texas State Law.
Neat! But you made up that part about it being a gun free zone. Just like the lying fucks on FOX.

1. The gun
2. The NRA
3. The president
4. The bullets
5. The republican party
6. The second amendment
8. Gun laws
9. Evil black guns
What a stupid post. Everyone blames the shooter. When talking politics and policy, you discuss politics and policy.

Most of the MSM is blaming Trump. I bet you do too.

Forum List

Back