Why we need a public option!

Only about 12 million American citizens who want health insurance can't afford it.

Government can't guarantee 310,000,000 people all the health care they want.

Your argument is a loose as a 99 year old man with bowel problems.

1.Show proof that, "Government can't guarantee 310,000,000 people all the health care they want."

:lol::lol:

They can't give barely tens of millions of seniors a minimal retirement benefit.

And they've had eighty years to make it work.

Don't argue with Shittowel... he's just another parasite stomping his feet yelling "gimmee!!!"

Nearly 59 million lack health insurance: CDC - Yahoo! News

Call it what you will, a public option providing free preventative health care is cost-effective, providing long term benefits to individuals and the nation as a whole.
The effort by some, in particular those who hope to develop publc policy along ideological guidelines, will put even those with excellent private insurance at risk should a pandemic or worse come to America.

a public option providing free preventative health care is cost-effective

Bull Shit. On so many levels.

Your argument is weak.

1.Show proof that, "a public option providing free preventative health care is [NOT] cost-effective" ....."On so many levels."

Call it what you will, a public option providing free preventative health care is cost-effective, providing long term benefits to individuals and the nation as a whole.
The effort by some, in particular those who hope to develop publc policy along ideological guidelines, will put even those with excellent private insurance at risk should a pandemic or worse come to America.

I do not want a public option -- too many evils of the existing system would continue unabated. I want universal coverage.

If the rich want such bullshit as transplant surgery after age 80, they can buy an add-on private insurance policy or pay cash on the barrelhead.

I agree with your first sentence, for Universal coverage for all Americans, and disagree that any life at any age is not worth saving and extending if possible. Perhaps if you will look at the universe from space, you will see how precious each life is.

So we now have more uninsured people? Not surprising.

You guys pass laws you haven't even read, the problem gets worse. So let's all let you pass more laws to fix the problem YOU created.

When are you going to understand that the people without insurance is simply a byproduct of you totalitarians wanting more control on health care? When you get your single payer system, who are you going to blame for people not being covered?

Oh yeah, Forgot. You don't really care about people getting health care. If you did, you'd get the government and red tape out of the way and encourage people to take care of themselves.

1.Show proof that, "Government can't guarantee 310,000,000 people all the health care they want."

They can't give barely tens of millions of seniors a minimal retirement benefit.

Don't argue with Shittowel... he's just another parasite stomping his feet yelling "gimmee!!!"

Sucky, explaining to facist followers they have no 1st Amendment rights at USMB. Sucky, go sucky your dog, and STFU.:clap2:

Only about 12 million American citizens who want health insurance can't afford it.

So far, you have provided no proof of your statement, mainly because Universal HC has never been tried in America. In such areas of medicine where government intervention was tired, there were universal successes. ie. Polio epidemic, Tuberculosis, Malaria, sexual diseases, etc.

Amd where technology cannot overcome, it has been instrumental in relieving pain and hardship. ie. Cancer & other viruses where no cure has been found.

Still, there is no proof government cannot serve all its Americans with National Health care just as the European Union has been doing for decades quite successfully. And to date, I know of NO INSURANCE COMPANY that has helped all Americans medical expenses, or found a cure for diseases, or stopped an epidemic.

Last edited:

So far, you have provided no proof of your statement, mainly because Universal HC has never been tried in America. In such areas of medicine where government intervention was tired, there were universal successes. ie. Polio epidemic, Tuberculosis, Malaria, sexual diseases, etc.

Amd where technology cannot overcome, it has been instrumental in relieving pain and hardship. ie. Cancer & other viruses where no cure has been found.

Still, there is no proof government cannot serve all its Americans with National Health care just as the European Union has been doing for decades quite successfully.

Do Europeans get all the health care they want?

Universal coverage is a false utopia. Government can't promise you all the health care you want.

And once again,

1.Show proof that, "Government can't promise you all the health care you want."

You see, saying it and proving it is two different things, and evidence exists that you are wrong. ie. Polio epidemic, Tuberculosis, Malaria, sexual diseases, etc.

Universal coverage is a false utopia. Government can't promise you all the health care you want.

And once again,

You see, saying it and proving it is two different things, and evidence exists that you are wrong. ie. Polio epidemic, Tuberculosis, Malaria, sexual diseases, etc.

Name a single government where healthcare has been provided to every person without rationing of any care

Still, there is no proof government cannot serve all its Americans with National Health care just as the European Union has been doing for decades quite successfully.

I have seen no proof they do not. But then we are discussing America, not the European Union.........Me Bad for veering on subject. I just have seen no European who said he didn't get all the care he wanted, regardless of where in the World he is at the time of his needs.

And once again,

Name a single government where healthcare has been provided to every person without rationing of any care

Your statement is unprovable in either case. Define what you mean by rationing of care, and what care are your talking about? General care? Removing tattoos, warts, and repairing skin conditions? A transplant, brace or joint replacement. There is so much to care there is no way to even define it, little lone prove it is not available or is available.

I have seen no proof they do not. But then we are discussing America, not the European Union.........Me Bad for veering on subject. I just have seen no European who said he didn't get all the care he wanted, regardless of where in the World he is at the time of his needs.

Take the heroin syringe out of your vein and go waste someone else's time.

Healthcare for all citizens is the responsibility of all people in a society. Having fair and equal healthcare when needed is NOT a privilege but a RIGHT as a member of society. We are all in this together or we are not. - quote from american christian society website
this is not talking about communism - about unity in community
it is not free - we pull our resorces together out of one flat rate income tax
yes, I know the gov. is out of controll - but in a better society this is how it should be done.
Unfortunately people are afraid of these programs because we are being ruled (very badly) and not governed

From each according to his ability to each according to his need? Is that it, comrade?

I hate having some idiot tell me what my responsibility is to society.

i love it when some idiot quotes a small section of the bible trying to make it say something THEY want

You can't recognize the fundamental tenet of Marxism and confuse it with Christianity. And I'm the idiot??
Go crawl back under your rock.

Take the heroin syringe out of your vein and go waste someone else's time.

Ahh, the personal attack has occurred, the first sign of the Loser in a debate. It is OK, you will get over this loss and have better days. Such a sore loser though.:eusa_whistle:

we have a means-tested public option. we dont 'need' to expand that.

Your argument is weak.

1.Show proof that, "we have a means-tested public option"

2.Show proof that, "we dont 'need' to expand that."

medicare is the means tested public option. there's no 'need' for expansion because nothing depends on such.

Apparently 30 million people didn't have HC coverage. Correct? And Corporations lose billions annually to diseases that were not treated among their workers. Correct? And when America experiences a disaster there is not enough available EM or Hospitals to care for them. Correct?

That tells me Medicare is not the cure, and expansion is desperately needed in the medical fields. It tells me the private sector & insurance are ineffective in dealing with Americas medical problems or a crisis.

While an insurer might make your medical payments, he can not guarantee you an available EM room & surgeon. So they have failed before they got started. That tells me expansion is needed.

lol....the lament of every k00k in SanFransicko.....but nowhere else.:fu:

We should cover the 30 million who really need it......thats it. Nobody else wants part of this sham..........

Only far lefties think shit is free............

Your argument is weak.

1.Show proof that, "we have a means-tested public option"

2.Show proof that, "we dont 'need' to expand that."

medicare is the means tested public option. there's no 'need' for expansion because nothing depends on such.

Apparently 30 million people didn't have HC coverage. Correct? And Corporations lose billions annually to diseases that were not treated among their workers. Correct? And when America experiences a disaster there is not enough available EM or Hospitals to care for them. Correct?

That tells me Medicare is not the cure, and expansion is desperately needed in the medical fields. It tells me the private sector & insurance are ineffective in dealing with Americas medical problems or a crisis.

While an insurer might make your medical payments, he can not guarantee you an available EM room & surgeon. So they have failed before they got started. That tells me expansion is needed.

the topic of a public option was the issue at hand. the size of our medical infrastructure is not a component or extension of public health insurance options. the only applicable argument of yours is that there are 30 million uninsured. the new bill is indicated to reduce this to 23 million. that includes an estimate of illegal aliens, medicare eligibles who dont take up coverage, exempteds and opters-out.

i could appreciate the want. where's the need?

How about basic supply and demand for starters?

Forum List

Back