Why weren't Confederate Statues racist ten years ago?

They were, dumbass, but no one had the clout and power to do anything about it. Things are finally changing...
Um, Dimwingers had the House, Senate, and White House you raving lunatic.

Wanna try again?

So what, dumbass? States make those decisions.

So rioters are the state now?

Only in Washington state.

1592185654253.png

ETA: Setting aside politics and social foofy touchie feelie bullshit ... there's no question Robert E. Lee was one of the finest military generals to ever have graduated West Point ... I think my fellow military veterans understand what it means to fight for your country, even if your country is wrong ... Lee was a Virginian, he fought for Virginia, maybe we should blame Virginia instead of Lee ...

... or maybe we should forgive, or is that too Christian for you ...

Every time there are race riots in Northern cities the South gets blamed and we have to take down statues or the Confederate Battle flag!

I lived for 51 years before, one day, the confederate flag became a "RACIST" symbol and had to be torn down...

Dukes of hazzard was a popular show...and I didn't hear a single complaint all those years.

But that morning....it was now racist.

(1984 kinda shit).

I lived for 51 years before, one day, the confederate flag became a "RACIST" symbol and had to be torn down...

Dukes of hazzard was a popular show...and I didn't hear a single complaint all those years.

(1984 kinda shit).
Dimwingers have turned into such Snowflakes they think they have a Constitutional right to not be offended.

(1984 kinda shit).

The battle flag became a symbol of racism when racists adopted it ... sad to say ... think Dylann Roof ...

The swastika is a fairly common symbol for many different things through history ... up until the 1930's ... evil people destroy good symbols all the time ... here's an image of the swastika bridge in Arizona, built in 1907:

9192140_f520.jpg

Should we tear it down because of them stinkin' Nazis? ... I don't think so ...

"Why was it OK for blacks to use separate water fountains ten years ago"?

Nostra, circa 1968.

Presidents do not get to take down statues in localities or order states to remove them. Blaming Obama is moronic.

Why weren't Confederate statues racist 10 years ago?
Because democrats didn't think they could win the states that have them. When the discovered they had a chance they needed a wedge issue for the black vote.

They were, dumbass, but no one had the clout and power to do anything about it. Things are finally changing...
Um, Dimwingers had the House, Senate, and White House you raving lunatic.

Wanna try again?

So what, dumbass? States make those decisions.
What state would make the decision to remove Confederate statues from the US Capitol, you blithering fuckwit?

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi has called for the removal of 11 Confederate statues from the U.S. Capitol Building.
good points--he's got you fair and square Lakhota
and what about Native America statues/etc?

ETA: Setting aside politics and social foofy touchie feelie bullshit ... there's no question Robert E. Lee was one of the finest military generals to ever have graduated West Point ... I think my fellow military veterans understand what it means to fight for your country, even if your country is wrong ... Lee was a Virginian, he fought for Virginia, maybe we should blame Virginia instead of Lee ...

... or maybe we should forgive, or is that too Christian for you ...

Hey, Rommel, Guderian, Rundstadt were great Generals, too. But today, what people remember is that they fought very hard to help Hitler take over the world. No statues of them anywhere.

Now, for a while, the Germans tried to promote the myth of the Clean Wehrmacht. It was the Nazis and the SS and the Gestapo who were doing all the awful stuff, the Wehrmacht, the regular Army was clean and all the generals who were totally just professionals doing their jobs.

This has been largely debunked by modern historians.

The South is a similar situation. The South promoted a "Lost Cause" Mythology, which a lot of folks in the North went along with for way too long because they didn't want black people moving in next door, either.

So, no, I am in no more a mood to "forgive" Robert E. Lee than I am to forgive von Rundstadt.

Forum List

Back