Why weren't Confederate Statues racist ten years ago?

Pretty much says it all right there. Are you an American or are you a Democrat?

Banana Republicans, the former abolitionist party, have come full circle now, support and admire those who fought to keep an entire race in chattel slavery, or slavery in perpetuity even for the children? The Lenin statue was not put up by the State. But that's how stupid memes work to make Americans more stupid thanb before.
Wonder who is more brain dead, you or Biden, its so close no one would want to live off the difference.

The statue of Lenin is a historical artifact. It was crafted and displayed in communist Czech Republic and brought here after the Velvet Revolution.
Statues don't offend me but they don't hold a special place in my heart either. If people are offended by them then removal is fine with me. Just vote on it?
Stalin’s statue is private property on private land. There is not going to be a vote.

Although some Republicans introduced a bill last year to remove it, apparently forgetting that (very ironically) that private property exists.
One must ask themselves one question come november! Are you an American, or are you a democrat ?
Ah, so if I disagree with Trump, I am no longer American? Honestly, y’all have been saying something like that for decades.

But yeah, totally Dems that are dividing the country.
Same as you saying that silence is violence
Show me where I said that?
Do you disagree with that statement? If so, I'll take it back. By "you" I mean leftists not just you per se
It’s too jingoistic for me. I’m not an absolutist. There are time, when silence about an atrocity is unacceptable, wouldn’t you agree?

The statue of Lenin is a historical artifact. It was crafted and displayed in communist Czech Republic and brought here after the Velvet Revolution.
Statues don't offend me but they don't hold a special place in my heart either. If people are offended by them then removal is fine with me. Just vote on it?
Stalin’s statue is private property on private land. There is not going to be a vote.

Although some Republicans introduced a bill last year to remove it, apparently forgetting that (very ironically) that private property exists.
One must ask themselves one question come november! Are you an American, or are you a democrat ?
Ah, so if I disagree with Trump, I am no longer American? Honestly, y’all have been saying something like that for decades.

Do you disagree with that statement? If so, I'll take it back. By "you" I mean leftists not just you per se
It’s too jingoistic for me. I’m not an absolutist. There are time, when silence about an atrocity is unacceptable, wouldn’t you agree?
Possibly but if say my wife wants to live her life and not opine she should not be deemed a racist. She simply is not political.

Possibly but if say my wife wants to live her life and not opine she should not be deemed a racist. She simply is not political.
Probably. But that can be a contribution to the perpetuation of injustice in more extreme circumstances.

Say your wife lived in the south in the 60s. She’s not racist but has no problem with black people being forced to sit in the back of the bus? There’s numerous more extreme examples.

At some point it tips from silence being convenient to silence contributing To the problem.

Probably. But that can be a contribution to the perpetuation of injustice in more extreme circumstances.

Say your wife lived in the south in the 60s. She’s not racist but has no problem with black people being forced to sit in the back of the bus? There’s numerous more extreme examples.

At some point it tips from silence being convenient to silence contributing To the problem.
But if they just don’t want to opine is not forcing them to opine a violation of their civil rights? Since when is not having an opinion “evil”? Even if she agrees but doesn’t want to get into it, she should be vilified? That’s crazy

But if they just don’t want to opine is not forcing them to opine a violation of their civil rights? Since when is not having an opinion “evil”? Even if she agrees but doesn’t want to get into it, she should be vilified? That’s crazy
So I’m going to use a reductio ad absurdum with this.

-So hey Mr and Mrs Meier. We are going to gather up your Jewish neighbors and put them on trains to drive to camps where we will starve them to the point of death or just murder them en masse. Cool with you?

-Yeah, whatever. I don’t have an opinion.

I’d say the evil part is somewhere before that.

Whats next ? Better cut down every tree because a few blacks were lynched a few hundred years ago!

Do you mean a few days ago? ... climb out of your hole and look around ... lynching is still a problem, only a blind man would say it stopped "a few hundred years ago" ...

-So hey Mr and Mrs Meier. We are going to gather up your Jewish neighbors and put them on trains to drive to camps where we will starve them to the point of death or just murder them en masse. Cool with you?

Thats extreme and a crime and even then people may choose not to opine. If I dont agree that all police officers are racist but don’t want to opine publicly I should not be forced to. Period. Forcing people to support BLM is insanity.

Thats extreme and a crime and even then people may choose not to opine. If I dont agree that all police officers are racist but don’t want to opine publicly I should not be forced to. Period. Forcing people to support BLM is insanity.
I said it was an extreme. A crime? Nope. Not a crime if the government does it. But it was facilitated by the indifference of the German people.

Sometimes not having an opinion isnt an excuse to allow injustice. Not always, but sometimes.

I said it was an extreme. A crime? Nope. Not a crime if the government does it. But it was facilitated by the indifference of the German people.

Sometimes not having an opinion isnt an excuse to allow injustice. Not always, but sometimes.
I agree but in this specific case if there is a rally and my wife wants to stay home and not participate, in your opinion, should she be vilified for it?

I agree but in this specific case if there is a rally and my wife wants to stay home and not participate, in your opinion, should she be vilified for it?
Nope.

Nope.
But she is and therein lies the problem.

Nope.
Who’s problem? Not mine.

Nope.
Who’s problem? Not mine.
Problem with our society. Why is everything always about you?

Nope.
Who’s problem? Not mine.
Problem with our society. Why is everything always about you?
You asked me my opinion so it’s about me because you made it about me.

You have to recognize the irony of you wanting society to worry about how your wife is being treated when she doesn’t care how other people are being treated.

All the collective Dimwinger brain power on the board can’t come up with a single coherent answer to the question in the OP.

:abgg2q.jpg:

All the collective Dimwinger brain power on the board can’t come up with a single coherent answer to the question in the OP.

:abgg2q.jpg:
because racists were using confederate symbols, which means now they represent bigot racist losers.

Charlottesville can remove them.

Forum List

Back