Zone1 Why Whites make fun of reperations?

That is the most normal thing, didnt Germany pay reperations to Jews and the Allies as well? If they commited genocide, slavery etc. they should pay reperations no? Why is that funny?
I am proud of my great-grandparents who supported Leon Trotsky and helped descendants of Russia Serfs get Reparations in 1918 and 1920. Communism became punitive ad Totalitarian much later under Joseph Stalin.

I am proud of my great-grandparents who supported Leon Trotsky and helped descendants of Russia Serfs get Reparations in 1918 and 1920. Communism became punitive ad Totalitarian much later under Joseph Stalin.
180 grain for you. Fuck You.

I think blacks were mistreated well into the 1960s i mean jim crow, and all that, it didnt end with slavery though. Just my two cents, even today we see that blacks disadvantaged, no one thinks that might be a inheritance from how they were marginalised and disfrenchised, do you think it is only because they are "dumb" (I read many whites who think that though).
If you think that black failure is only in America and not a global issue, think again,

Here is the lingering question about racism against blacks. A black as coal immigrant from Africa can come here penniless and build a business or be a professional. They don't experience racism. In fact, black immigrants from Africa or Jamaica, Dominican Republic or other islands have nothing but contempt for American blacks. That means, reparations for slavery is just a gimmee.

No Mortimer it is not a valid point. It's a sad racist excuse that denies the continuing racism they practice. And here is more proof. I've posted this umpteen times.

I am quite sure no one living in 1980 was alive when the U.S. government made the Fort Laramie treaty with the Sioux Nation or were participants in Custers violation of that treaty. Nor were they alive when President Grant decided it was OK to let settlers and people prospecting for gold tresspass into land promised to the Sioux thereby violating the treaty. No one in 1980 was alive when the U.S. government decided to take the land from the Sioux by military force. No one in 1980 was alive when the U.S. government decided to cut off supplies they promised the Sioux as condition for their surrender after whipping the U.S. Army at The Battle of Little Bighorn. But in 1980, the government of the United States decided reparations were due to the Sioux Nation for what was done to them in the 1800’s. They awarded the Sioux nation 105 million dollars..

United States v. Sioux Nation of Indians :: 448 U.S. 371 (1980) :: Justia US Supreme Court Center, United States v. Sioux Nation of Indians, 448 U.S. 371 (1980)
poor old injuns need government handouts cause they arent smart enough to get jobs I guess?????

That is the most normal thing, didnt Germany pay reperations to Jews and the Allies as well? If they commited genocide, slavery etc. they should pay reperations no? Why is that funny?
I don't make fun of it I just ignore it. Slavery ended over a hundred years before my birth. I have fuck all to do with the institution. I refuse to feel guilty about something that I had no part in.

It's a sad racist excuse that denies the continuing racism they practice.

If anything I'm doing is costing you ... you can send me a bill..

.. and hope your lawyer is better than mine.

Most Americans never owned slaves, not to mention most Americans are descended from people who immigrated after the Civil War. 'Reparations' is just another con job. Blacks have already received reparations out the wazoo; they just pissed them away and now want more. They want 'reparations' offer them free voyages back to Africa on container ships.

As for Germany, they loved to extract reparations from countries they defeated in wars; just ask France.
Blacks have never received reparations. Slavery did not end the white racism that has caused the problem. Whites have recieved direct government economic assistance on several occasions, the majority of government habouts, welfare, farm, oil, corporate subsidies got to whites. White immigrants got free land after the Civil War, destroyed black towns, neighborhoods and farms. Blacks were excluded from New Deal money, denied government backs home loans, as well as GI Bill money for college or to start businesses. You argue that same dumb white racist argument that misses all the "reparations" whites have received that blacks were excluded from.

So if you have a problem with us asking for reparations buy a plane ticket back to Europe.

poor old injuns need government handouts cause they arent smart enough to get jobs I guess?????
Whites have recieved direct government economic assistance on several occasions, the majority of government habouts, welfare, farm, oil, corporate subsidies got to whites. White immigrants got free land after the Civil War, destroyed black towns, neighborhoods and farms. Blacks were excluded from New Deal money, denied government backs home loans, as well as GI Bill money for college or to start businesses.

You stole the land from native americans Jethro. Apparently whites aren't smart enough to get jobs without government help.

I don't make fun of it I just ignore it. Slavery ended over a hundred years before my birth. I have fuck all to do with the institution. I refuse to feel guilty about something that I had no part in.
But your parents benefitted from Jim Crow, so you did too. And you do have something to do with this:

Citygroup did a study focusing on U.S. GDP from 2000 until 2020. The study revealed huge losses in GDP due to continuing discrimination against blacks in business revenue, education, housing credit, and income. The study determined that since the year 2000, continuing discriminatory practices in the four areas mentioned in the prior sentence resulted in a loss of 16 trillion dollars in GDP. The breakdown is as follows:

“Closing the Black racial wage gap 20 years ago might have provided an additional $2.7 trillion in income available for consumption and investment.

Improving access to housing credit might have added an additional 770,000 Black homeowners over the last 20 years, with combined sales and expenditures adding another $218 billion to GDP over that time.

Facilitating increased access to higher education (college, graduate, and vocational schools) for Black students might have bolstered lifetime incomes that in aggregate sums to $90 to $113 billion.

Providing fair and equitable lending to Black entrepreneurs might have resulted in the creation of an additional $13 trillion in business revenue over the last 20 years. This could have been used for investments in labor, technology, capital equipment, and structures and 6.1 million jobs might have been created per year.”

Dana M Peterson, Catherine L Mann, Closing the Racial Inequality Gaps, The Economic Cost of Black Inequality in the U.S., pg. 4, Institutional Clients Group

It is a man's world, and women should be compensated for continuing the human race, considering the way we have been treated historically...
Well, you don't seem to learn from history and continue to vote conservative. That's no way to progress...

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Reparations doesn't make sense. Why would they pay money to people who weren't there when slavery existed?

Prove it. Prove that I, in particular, benefitted from this.
You are a citizen of the US, I assume, whose economic base was built on the back of unpaid slave labour. The economic base from which you and your ancestors benefited. As opposed to slaves and their descendents who were excluded from that economy.

So don’t hand me that shit about benefitting from a black-excluded economic system when there were no blacks to lord over or deprive in our area in the first place.
If you can't accept the economic base of the US, from which you have profited, was built on the back of unpaid slave labour, Louisiana is probably the place for you.

But your parents benefitted from Jim Crow, so you did too. And you do have something to do with this:

Citygroup did a study focusing on U.S. GDP from 2000 until 2020. The study revealed huge losses in GDP due to continuing discrimination against blacks in business revenue, education, housing credit, and income. The study determined that since the year 2000, continuing discriminatory practices in the four areas mentioned in the prior sentence resulted in a loss of 16 trillion dollars in GDP. The breakdown is as follows:

“Closing the Black racial wage gap 20 years ago might have provided an additional $2.7 trillion in income available for consumption and investment.

Improving access to housing credit might have added an additional 770,000 Black homeowners over the last 20 years, with combined sales and expenditures adding another $218 billion to GDP over that time.

Facilitating increased access to higher education (college, graduate, and vocational schools) for Black students might have bolstered lifetime incomes that in aggregate sums to $90 to $113 billion.

Providing fair and equitable lending to Black entrepreneurs might have resulted in the creation of an additional $13 trillion in business revenue over the last 20 years. This could have been used for investments in labor, technology, capital equipment, and structures and 6.1 million jobs might have been created per year.”

Dana M Peterson, Catherine L Mann, Closing the Racial Inequality Gaps, The Economic Cost of Black Inequality in the U.S., pg. 4, Institutional Clients Group
My parents were poor when I was born and worked hard to get what they got. My Mother is in her 70's and still works. Not a drop of that so called "white privilege" here. Making assumptions when you don't know what the fuck your talking about makes you look stupid.

There is no discrimination anymore it's against the law unless it's used under the cover of Affirmative Action.

You are a citizen of the US, I assume, whose economic base was built on the back of unpaid slave labour. The economic base from which you and your ancestors benefited. As opposed to slaves and their descendents who were excluded from that economy.
We know the good news that God is white , sensibly . But what is your point? We saved them from being eaten alive by crocodiles . To name just ten reasons .

Forum List

Back