Why Work?

Is this ridiculous or what?

• Total voters

eagle1462010

Diamond Member
May 17, 2013
WHY WORK?

When you can sit on your ass and take advantage of up to 126 Welfare and anti poverty programs offered by the Gov't...................

In many states it is more than the minimum wage for those milking the tit of the Federal Gov't.

2 Studies...............ENJOY
http://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/PA694.pdf
http://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/the_work_versus_welfare_trade-off_2013_wp.pdf

What's in your wallet?
all-states-welfare.jpg

Why don't you go live in the lap of welfare luxury and come back and give us a report? If wages have stagnated for so long that the minimum wage is comparable to welfare we have a problem bigger than the "welfare queens" you obsess over.

"Is this ridiculous or what?"

Yes, the premise of your thread is indeed ridiculous – in addition to being ignorance and wrong.
CATO sends you their regards then. I didn't write the data.

Complaints can be sent to them..............what is wrong with the data............

I've been incentivized to keep our family AGI at or below $79K.

Why? The ACA, that's why. It's saving me $600/month in health insurance premiums as long as our family AGI is at or below $79K. I'm substitute teaching and picking up odd jobs here and there but I'm not going to knock myself out.

Why don't you go live in the lap of welfare luxury and come back and give us a report? If wages have stagnated for so long that the minimum wage is comparable to welfare we have a problem bigger than the "welfare queens" you obsess over.

I bet you all those welfare queens have at least a 32 " flat screen television and a smart phone....

WHY WORK?

When you can sit on your ass and take advantage of up to 126 Welfare and anti poverty programs offered by the Gov't...................

In many states it is more than the minimum wage for those milking the tit of the Federal Gov't.

2 Studies...............ENJOY
http://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/PA694.pdf
http://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/the_work_versus_welfare_trade-off_2013_wp.pdf

What's in your wallet?
all-states-welfare.jpg
Proof positive the federal government has made poverty too comfortable.

please with the God damned liberal talking points.

I bet you all those welfare queens have at least a 32 " flat screen television and a smart phone....
And you should see the nice cars driven by those who cram the parking lot at the County Social Services building here.

Why work? So you can live somewhere other than a public housing shithole.

The "poor" welfare and assistance recipients have cars and iPhones. That's a lot more than we had growing up. Now I do very well for myself and family and have to pay taxes out the ass to support these people. Forgive me if I fail to give a shit about their plight.,

The executive summary just screams incompetence. Obama increased federal poverty spending by 41per cent or 191 BILLION dollars and he has more
People in poverty than before he was elected after SEVEN years. More,food stamps, more welfare, more free healthcare, more phones, more student loans and we still have more poverty. I am sure my liberal friends will invent new yardsticks in order to ignore,the facts. And Obama has doubled the country's national debt in,order to go backwards. Yeah gas,is low and all these jobs have come online and we have more poverty. No president has failed the middle class as epically as Obama. No,president has cooked the books to make himself look good as Obama has. He is a failure pure and simple. Republican candidates need to hammer the point home that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Vote buying liberal largess has pushed the poor farther into the hole.

The "poor" welfare and assistance recipients have cars and iPhones. That's a lot more than we had growing up. Now I do very well for myself and family and have to pay taxes out the ass to support these people. Forgive me if I fail to give a shit about their plight.,
How do you get a job without a car? I phones and social media are also important job seeking tools. If there are excesses, they should be looked into.

Forum List

Back