Why would anyone continue to claim the iraqi war was a failure?

I am starting to realize that these people who have been dead set against this war are panicked because its over and the quagmire bush lied people died bull shit is over
It was a huge success, One that I pray we never have to do again and it still sad that so many had to give so much, but it had run its course

Sorry champ it's not for the Iraqis.

Car bomb kills 15, wounds dozens in southern Iraq | Reuters

It was a monumental strategic blunder that has strengthend Iran.

Your attempted revisionism simply doesn't wash.

How many people were murdered in the US last night?
Is there a difference?

I think the question has to be how many Americans were killed by Car-bombs last night and every night.

How many police stations were targeted with bombs yesterday in America?

Do you see the difference?

For the record, I very vocally opposed the Iraq war and still think it was a mistake.

What I won't do is engage in the dishonesty of the left and pretend this is something Bush cooked up. The Iraq engagement, from 1988 onward, was a fully bipartisan effort.

Honestly, the Kuwaitis WERE slant drilling the Iraqi fields and I never saw them as superior to Saddam and his thugs in the first place.

BUT, I will not sit and listen to the partisan bullshit about the poor, innocent fascists who were led down the primrose path. They were 100% culpable for this whole affair. Right along with Bush and the Republicans.

As I said earlier I agree both parties have been staunch supporter of our foriegn policy of interventionism, across the board.

As far as the Kuwait/Iraq dust-up. Kuwait was also over producing oil as well. It was a huge problem in OPEC that summer. Why didn't GHB have our embassador tell Saddam in no uncertain terms that we would defend Kuwait as if we had a mutual defense pack with them (we didn't). Of course no Democrat ever brought up the fact that the dust-up was known and that an invasion itself was likely. Even though the President went on national television and said it was a suprise attack. Why? Becuase a huge military need justification for it's existance. No huge enemies, no huge budget.

I did not realize there was people who hate this country as much as you do, I guess I am nieve
Was you there?
who claims that is what happened/
do you have links?
are these "tales" going to go on for ever?
Do you realize that there has been 6 million jobs lost sense Obama took office?

The Iraq/Kuwait dispute? Where Iraq was accusing Kuwait of overproducing and driving the price down as well as slant drilling under the border? Or the fact the our president was getting breifings about it? Or the conversation between our ambassador and Saddam? Or the fact we had no mutual defense pact with Kuwait and publically said so during the build up to the crisis? How about the Iraqi troop buildup, you do know our president was briefed about that as well.

I don't know if you are nieve or not. You appear to be truly ignorant of history however. I suggest you do your own research because I don't think you'd beleive any thing I post anyway.

What does job loss since Jan 09 have to do with our blunderous invasion and occupation of Iraq in 2003?

I am starting to realize that these people who have been dead set against this war are panicked because its over and the quagmire bush lied people died bull shit is over
It was a huge success, One that I pray we never have to do again and it still sad that so many had to give so much, but it had run its course

Is there a difference?

Can you not see the difference? How many people are there in America compared to Iraq? How many Americans were killed in a group by a car bomb?

Is there a difference?

I think the question has to be how many Americans were killed by Car-bombs last night and every night.

Nope
violence is violence
You state that murder is different in Iraq because we won a war over there that you were against
bottom line is violence is violence no matter if its with a car bomb o a glock,

Its the same as the president of this country and the president of Iraq as u see one of them
you See the president of Iraq as a radical, There are millions in this country that see BHO as a radical for just as good as reasons as you see the president of Iraq as a radical

Its all in you objective
mine is simple, un spun, truth
truth is both were elected by a majority and both have a past that can be spun

Murder is murder
Iran is a pimple on the ass of Texas, much less the US. Stop talking as though it is some kind of super power

Last edited:
Is there a difference?

Nope
violence is violence
You state that murder is different in Iraq because we won a war over there that you were against
bottom line is violence is violence no matter if its with a car bomb o a glock, Its the same as the president of this country and the president of Iraq
you See the president of Iraq as a radical, There are millions in this country that see BHO as a radical for just as good as reasons as you see the president of Iraq
I see 2 men that think different than you and I like, but only I see neither as anything but that, different

Murder is murder
Iran is a pimple on the ass of Texas, much less the US. Stop talking as though it is some kind of super power

Iran is a pimple on the ass of Texas (correct, militarily) but a war with a smaller weaker country was "necessary"?

Is there a difference?

Can you not see the difference? How many people are there in America compared to Iraq? How many Americans were killed in a group by a car bomb?

You see violence as a way to strengthen your argument
"see the war failed"
there are 15000 people murdered in this country last year. thats 41 every day and some how a bomb being used makes that nothing?
are u serious?

See this is the whole problem with this country
spun spin spam

Is there a difference?

Your debating with JRK...is that a rhetorical question?

Just this minute watched Dick Cheney interviewed on VOA.
He admitted that there were no WMDs.

My blood was boiling at that point because that meant he was dishonouring the memory of those brave soldiers that served in Iraq.
F***king hippy liberal!!!

Let' see..Cuz we never should have been there!!!

Let us not forget that we sent in the CIA to pay off sadam several times but unlike the dictators that play ball with us, he would not take a dime and refused to be bought. Yes he was a horrid dictator, but the reason he became an enemy of the United States was due to us not being able to buy him and control him. Its all just a money game, which is like pointing out that the sky is blue, but I guess when you dumb, you dumb.

Is there a difference?

Nope
violence is violence
bottom line is violence is violence no matter if its with a car bomb o a glock,

Its the same as the president of this country and the president of Iraq as u see one of them
you See the president of Iraq as a radical, There are millions in this country that see BHO as a radical for just as good as reasons as you see the president of Iraq as a radical

Its all in you objective
mine is simple, un spun, truth
truth is both were elected by a majority and both have a past that can be spun

Murder is murder

The boy is thick.

Is there a difference?

"see the war failed"
there are 15000 people murdered in this country last year. thats 41 every day and some how a bomb being used makes that nothing?
are u serious?

spun spin spam

These people were not killed because of a war started by another country invading America.

Let us not forget that we sent in the CIA to pay off sadam several times but unlike the dictators that play ball with us, he would not take a dime and refused to be bought. Yes he was a horrid dictator, but the reason he became an enemy of the United States was due to us not being able to buy him and control him. Its all just a money game, which is like pointing out that the sky is blue, but I guess when you dumb, you dumb.

The reason that America was able to march right into Iraq and defeat them is because many of Saddam's people were bought

Just this minute watched Dick Cheney interviewed on VOA.
He admitted that there were no WMDs.

My blood was boiling at that point because that meant he was dishonouring the memory of those brave soldiers that served in Iraq.
F***king hippy liberal!!!

you have a link to that exact quote?
every one admitted that the stockpiles we thought he had did not exist
no-one has admitted that there was zero and no-one has admitted that those weapons did not exist 9-11-2001

The one thing no-one can de bunk is the 500 munitions that were found that had banned material in the war heads as well as the Iraqi govt admitting there was 6500 of these munitions
Th UN confirms this
Where did they go

As far as dishonouring the troops?
The only ones doing that are those who claim this mission failed and was for no reason

Let' see..Cuz we never should have been there!!!

This is not what our elected officials felt then and now
even though we are done in Iraq and thanks to GWB in 2008 we will be gone in 4 months (there is talk of keeping 10,000 there, not confirmed yet)

The reason that America was able to march right into Iraq and defeat them is because many of Saddam's people were bought

no nukes with each quote your leaving the reality train further and further

"see the war failed"
are u serious?

spun spin spam

These people were not killed because of a war started by another country invading America.

No most of those killed here last night were killed for a fuccking chunk of coke cooked down and called crack

Nothing to do with freedoms, peace, and the preservation of life for years to come in a country that weapons, war and killing was all it existed for until 2003

You see violence as a way to strengthen your argument "see the war failed" there are 15000 people murdered in this country last year. thats 41 every day and some how a bomb being used makes that nothing? are u serious? See this is the whole problem with this country spun spin spam

JRK, where you normally fail is that you do not comprehend contextualism, and once again you prove my point here.

Murder in this country depends on its causes, and that's where you mess up. The murders in Iraq were mostly then and mostly now because of our neo-con progressive right wing imperialistc adventures in Iraq.

Until you can demonstrate you truly understand the dynamics of this issue, you are merely providing a laughter track for the rest of us.

Forum List

Back